Loma Linda University - Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, I've just been accepted to both USC and LLU. Just curious, why do you think you will be happier at LLU?

I got waitlisted at USC. I have nothing against USC but I just feel like in Loma Linda you get like a small faculty to student ratio. Not saying USC people aren't nice but people at loma linda are super nice. I feel they really care about their students. Also the faculty that interviewed me are amazing. Also I like the environment better at LLU. But I guess USC is well known so maybe better at finding residency or jobs in the future.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I've just been accepted to both USC and LLU. Just curious, why do you think you will be happier at LLU?

congrats on usc and llu :). my reasons are also similar to what chromatography said. professors at llu care more about their students and will pull u aside and talk to u if u fail a midterm or have trouble with a class. i'm not sure if usc will have the same environment since there's about 190-200 people in the class. i've talked to some health care professionals about the two schools and they said that at usc, it's a lot more competitive and students aren't as willing to help each other out.

another reason is more personal. i live 10 minutes away from the usc health campus meaning i will have to live at home. i love being at home but there's just too many distractions (big family). after living away from home for four years, i'm not sure if i can live at home and focus on pharmacy as well as i would if i lived away from home. so it's just better for me to go to llu where i can concentrate better. kind of useless if i get into pharm school but end up failing out of it because of all the distractions at home haha.

usc is a good school and congrats on getting in! there's definitely more connections at usc. but at least we're all going to be pharmacists in the future :).

I was already set on attending LLU...I really enjoyed how friendly and warm the faculty was. Then it was just two days ago that I was so suddenly accepted to USC. Before I applied, I wrote down that USC would be my top choice, and LLU was actually my 5th choice (out of all the other CA schools). But now, I'm seriously in a dilemma. I really like the small, family-like atmosphere at LLU, and the Christian environment. I also heard that USC students are competitive between each other. But it's the bigger name school...

Aye......my family/friends are telling me USC, but my gut is telling me LLU....I have to decide quick, because I have 2 weeks to send $500 deposit to USC...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was already set on attending LLU...I really enjoyed how friendly and warm the faculty was. Then it was just two days ago that I was so suddenly accepted to USC. Before I applied, I wrote down that USC would be my top choice, and LLU was actually my 5th choice (out of all the other CA schools). But now, I'm seriously in a dilemma. I really like the small, family-like atmosphere at LLU, and the Christian environment. I also heard that USC students are competitive between each other. But it's the bigger name school...

Aye......my family/friends are telling me USC, but my gut is telling me LLU....I have to decide quick, because I have 2 weeks to send $500 deposit to USC...

awww i understand how u feel. the only reason i would go to usc is because my parents want me to. best of luck with the decision and hopefully see u in the fall? :)

Good luck! Choose from your instinct, i am sure you will not regret choosing either one since they are both excellent schools. I hope to see you in fall :)

If I was you I would ask myself:

Which one would prepare me better to become a competent pharmacist?

Which one would give me more chance to get a residence of you choice in the future? (When I have confident about myself, I'm not worried about the competition).

and... Which one would allows me to be proud to tell people where I am from? (I guess I'm a bit shallow:oops:)

I wish to be in your position right now, not to worry whether the school would accept me. If I was you, I probably go for USC, (and drop the seat for nng :rolleyes:)

Congrats to you all too! nng, hopefully u will get in too! I am going to create a facebook group class of 2014 soon. Hopefully you guys can all join. I just got AC for USC...so I am pretty sure I am going to LLU

Thank Chromatography, I hope so too... I will jump up and down in joy for a few day. :rolleyes:

actually LLU is the only pharm school I applied.
I got into grad school as well, but my parents want me to go to Med school in Poland. So I'm still communicating with them.

Last edited:
actually LLU is the only pharm school I applied.
I got into grad school as well, but my parents want me to go to Med school in Poland. So I'm still communicating with them.

Thats cool :)

Well, it was the toughest decision ever for me...I almost resorted to just flipping a coin. But after all things considered...I have decided to go to USC. I will most likely be giving up my seat to one of you alternates. LLU will always be special to me, as it was the first school that accepted me, and gave me peace of mind after many months of anxiety.

Good luck with everyone at LLU, I know it will be a top-notch school in the years to come!

Well, it was the toughest decision ever for me...I almost resorted to just flipping a coin. But after all things considered...I have decided to go to USC. I will most likely be giving up my seat to one of you alternates. LLU will always be special to me, as it was the first school that accepted me, and gave me peace of mind after many months of anxiety.

Good luck with everyone at LLU, I know it will be a top-notch school in the years to come!

Best luck to you =), I know you will do great! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
So when are some of you planning to move to the Loma Linda area? I was looking around the area for some apartments and was looking into the Grand Terrace area. I found a ton of ads for houses and condos to rent as well but I want to scope out the area more.

to those who are already accepted: can you tell us what is the last day for you to deposit for seats, and what is the last day to decline acceptance?

I'm in wait-list so i want to estimate when will the school going to pull waitlister out, and what is my chance to get in.

I got accepted into MCPHS-Worceter way before Loma Linda but I really want to go to LLU. I heard people say that a chance to get accepted from waitlist is very low, so I have to get everything set for MCPHS. However, I will wait and make the last minute decision as long as LLU accept me before the end of July (if i'm lucky).

Btw, thank you for those who decline their seats.... to give us, waitlisters more hope.

to those who are already accepted: can you tell us what is the last day for you to deposit for seats, and what is the last day to decline acceptance?

I'm in wait-list so i want to estimate when will the school going to pull waitlister out, and what is my chance to get in.

I got accepted into MCPHS-Worceter way before Loma Linda but I really want to go to LLU. I heard people say that a chance to get accepted from waitlist is very low, so I have to get everything set for MCPHS. However, I will wait and make the last minute decision as long as LLU accept me before the end of July (if i'm lucky).

Btw, thank you for those who decline their seats.... to give us, waitlisters more hope.

I only had 2 weeks from the date of my acceptance letter to send in my deposit/accept my seat.

I only had 2 weeks from the date of my acceptance letter to send in my deposit/accept my seat.

Thank Pharma Spia, so i expect that the school now have a number of seats available. :xf:

hey nng, are you on the waitlist or alternate list?
are they the same thing?

I asked if they started calling from alternate list, and they told me they cannot tell me about that information.

I asked if they started calling from alternate list, and they told me they cannot tell me about that information.

Hello there, nice to meet you all
I call them other day and they said there wouldn't be any significant movement on the alternate list until the end of May :(

I call them other day and they said there wouldn't be any significant movement on the alternate list until the end of May :(

Thanks chronaxie, bora0831 for the information, so I don't have to wait for that phone call everyday. I actually set a special ring tone for that number.

huhhmmm i wonder what team wrote? :rolleyes:

he was saying I made wrong choice of going to Loma Linda, He said I'l just be a beat up banana like the students there...check out things he said previously in this thread

Does this mean that there will be movement on the list after May? So can I be hopeful?

I will be giving up my seat. Someone very special will be getting my spot soon probably :). Good Luck to the rest of you!

I will be giving up my seat. Someone very special will be getting my spot soon probably :). Good Luck to the rest of you!

Thanks Pharma Spia, congrats with the USC acceptance:thumbup:

Hey, do you guys know a good place to live near LLU and what the cost for that place would be?

I'm also in a dilemma because I need to decide between schools soon and I'm stuck between Midwestern Glendale, MCPHS and LLU.

MCPHS

Wait Listed:
UOP :smuggrin:

if you go with llu, I have a place. private message me for details.

I have declined my acceptance. Hopefully this will help. Good luck everyone!!!

_____________MCPHS 2014_____________

I have declined my acceptance. Hopefully this will help. Good luck everyone!!!

_____________MCPHS 2014_____________

Thanks Rxlife, you will enter MCPHS for class of 2013 :rolleyes:? your signature say 2014

did anyone on the alternate list got a phone call from school regarding the admission status?

did anyone on the alternate list got a phone call from school regarding the admission status?

not yet.
I called Kristi yesterday to ask whether the admission committee has met for waitlister reevaluation, and some clue about my position in the list, but I fail to get any of those information. The school are doing a great job in keeping this secret until the end, other school (USC, Belmont,...) has already pulled someone out of waitlist.

email about to file your information while on alternate status?

email about to file your information while on alternate status?
Are you asking if you should email Admissions regarding your status as an alternate? I think you won't hear anything unless they pull you from the waitlist. I officially dropped my seat recently, so one of you should get the lucky call. GL.

Are you asking if you should email Admissions regarding your status as an alternate? I think you won't hear anything unless they pull you from the waitlist. I officially dropped my seat recently, so one of you should get the lucky call. GL.

just wondering why it took Loma Linda so long? other schools already called ppl from waitlist. ... or may be i'm at the bottom of the list... :idea:

Don't feel bad, nng. I think i am at the bottom with you...

just wondering why it took Loma Linda so long? other schools already called ppl from waitlist. ... or may be i'm at the bottom of the list... :idea:

Don't feel bad, nng. I think i am at the bottom with you...

i think LLU actually accepted more people than the number of available seats, so that even though many people denied their acceptance, the seats are filled and there is no need to pull any one from the alternate list.

i think LLU actually accepted more people than the number of available seats, so that even though many people denied their acceptance, the seats are filled and there is no need to pull any one from the alternate list.

i hope not :(

I'm just so tired of waiting. I just wanna know yes o no....

I'm just so tired of waiting. I just wanna know yes o no....

I know! the least they can do is telling us if they have started calling people from wait list or when is the deadline for people to decline their acceptance, but no, they like to remain silent just for fun. :sleep:

has anyone heard anything new from the school? anyone still waiting with hope like me?

I don't know. I called the office twice and couldn't get anything from them.

im so so so sick of waiting... getting obsessed :(