Loma Linda University - Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I cant take all this waiting...At the interview they told me like 2 weeks they are a week late lol! I called already they said it wasnt reviewed. im getting really anxious. LLU is my first pick.

Members don't see this ad.

Is LLU interviewing for the waitlist from now on? I have an interview at the end of march and I am not sure if this is for the waitlist.
I read that last year, they did this around march.

I cant take all this waiting...At the interview they told me like 2 weeks they are a week late lol! I called already they said it wasnt reviewed. im getting really anxious. LLU is my first pick.

Hi don't be discouraged. It took Loma Linda 4 weeks to let me know I was accepted so you should know very soon.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is LLU interviewing for the waitlist from now on? I have an interview at the end of march and I am not sure if this is for the waitlist.
I read that last year, they did this around march.

really? so that means i'm on waistlist? my interview is in 2 days :scared:. There are some people that were interviewed early on Jan and Feb, and put in waitlist.

really? so that means i'm on waistlist? my interview is in 2 days :scared:. There are some people that were interviewed early on Jan and Feb, and put in waitlist.

I don't think you should worry about the waitlist-ing issue ... just concentrate and do your best on the interview ... that is more important ... good luck !!

I don't think you should worry about the waitlist-ing issue ... just concentrate and do your best on the interview ... that is more important ... good luck !!

Thank you! I have to do my best.:xf:

i havent been keeping up with the LLU thread, but just wanted to let you guys know i was called and declined my interview today. they are still inviting people out so there is hope for those who are waiting. best of luck to you

The student handbook, on pg 168 in the school of pharmacy section, states: "Active participation in at least one professional society is expected of all students." What professional societies does LLU have? Are P1's able to join all of them or just certain ones? Thanks!

Our school requires all P1's to join APhA (American Pharmacists Association) and CSHP (California Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists)... the good thing is that they pay for your membership fees, PLUS they will pay for another club membership for you. We have other clubs too, like CPHA and AMCP, Christian Fellowship, etc.. and Rho Chi for honor students. The nice thing about joining the clubs is that they have volunteer opportunities to help patients, like hypertension screenings, osteoporosis screenings, etc.

LakersFan, like Brian said, there are a couple ppl in our class that commute... It's actually not going to be 1.5 hrs, becuz you will be coming to school in traffic, and leaving in traffic! The ppl who live far away usually don't have an opportunity to hang out with us or do volunteer opportunities, which often occur in the evening. I know that "they" actually do skip classes or leave early, especially when they know its a short day or if its not ending soon enough before rush hour (haha jk). But its up to you, I know of some commuters who stay from beginning to end! I would personally not do it and not recommend it to anyone.

Also for those who are still interviewing, I don't know of (or heard of) our school interviewing people just to place them on the waiting list. I believe that they interview you for a SPOT, so don't be discouraged! Besides, if you're on the waiting list, you still have a good chance of getting in.

Also for those who are still interviewing, I don't know of (or heard of) our school interviewing people just to place them on the waiting list. I believe that they interview you for a SPOT, so don't be discouraged! Besides, if you're on the waiting list, you still have a good chance of getting in.

Meowmeow.. thanks so much for encouraging, that makes me feel much better know, I have spent hours to prepare for this interview.

Meowmeow.. thanks so much for encouraging, that makes me feel much better know, I have spent hours to prepare for this interview.

Good luck, nng! By the way, how does one prepare for these kinds of interviews? A lot of people say that, but for example, how did YOU prepare? Think of possible questions they might ask and answer them?

GOOD LUCK!!!

Our school requires all P1's to join APhA (American Pharmacists Association) and CSHP (California Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists)... the good thing is that they pay for your membership fees, PLUS they will pay for another club membership for you. We have other clubs too, like CPHA and AMCP, Christian Fellowship, etc.. and Rho Chi for honor students. The nice thing about joining the clubs is that they have volunteer opportunities to help patients, like hypertension screenings, osteoporosis screenings, etc.

LakersFan, like Brian said, there are a couple ppl in our class that commute... It's actually not going to be 1.5 hrs, becuz you will be coming to school in traffic, and leaving in traffic! The ppl who live far away usually don't have an opportunity to hang out with us or do volunteer opportunities, which often occur in the evening. I know that "they" actually do skip classes or leave early, especially when they know its a short day or if its not ending soon enough before rush hour (haha jk). But its up to you, I know of some commuters who stay from beginning to end! I would personally not do it and not recommend it to anyone.

I heard that there is no heavy traffic on the 10 freeway, according to my uncle who lives near me and used to commute to LLU medical center for work (he's a doctor). But you're right, it might be a little tough to get to hang with people if I commute. I learned that as an undergrad commuting to UC Irvine all 4 years. I'm going to have to think about this more later.

Also, do you know if LLU has IPPE's? I looked at the curriculum on the website and it wasn't mentioned. If they do have it, when are they and what do you do? Do you get to choose where you do your IPPE's?

Good luck, nng! By the way, how does one prepare for these kinds of interviews? A lot of people say that, but for example, how did YOU prepare? Think of possible questions they might ask and answer them?

GOOD LUCK!!!
I highly suggest you to go over the SDN interview feedback for LLU. Other than that, I did mock interviews and recorded myself on camera. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that there is no heavy traffic on the 10 freeway, according to my uncle who lives near me and used to commute to LLU medical center for work (he's a doctor). But you're right, it might be a little tough to get to hang with people if I commute. I learned that as an undergrad commuting to UC Irvine all 4 years. I'm going to have to think about this more later.

Also, do you know if LLU has IPPE's? I looked at the curriculum on the website and it wasn't mentioned. If they do have it, when are they and what do you do? Do you get to choose where you do your IPPE's?

The commuting thing is totally up to you... the thing is, when you have classes that run from 9-6pm, u just want to go home n study/rest.. but then u cant because you always have an assignment due the next day so it gets pretty tiring, even for me and my house is walking distance from school.

You're right, the IPPE's are not listed on our website. We have 2 quarters of IPPE's in the 1st year, which is in a community setting. So we have IPPE's this quarter and spring quarter. On the "IPPE days" (which are tuesdays) where we dont have IPPE's that quarter, we just have the whole day off. What I mean is, in 2nd yr, u only have 1 qtr of IPPE (hospital setting). So then u will be having a free tuesday the other 2 qtrs. For the 3rd year, u also have only 1 qtr of IPPE's and it will be in a clinical setting.

The nice thing about going here is that we have a hospital across the street where we can do our IPPE's... not only that but there is the VA hospital which is a couple blocks down where we can do IPPE's there too.

You dont get to choose where your IPPE site is, but you can choose the top 3 areas where you want to work at. Lets say you live in Huntington Beach and u put that as your top pick... most likely you will get a site from that city if there is a pharmacy there that is asso'd with our school, and because probably no1 else in your class will pick that city. If you have any more questions, go ahead and ask! =)

Anyone knows when will the last interview be for LLU? So far, most Ca school should be ending their interview invite by April.

Anyone knows when will the last interview be for LLU? So far, most Ca school should be ending their interview invite by April.

Hi,

I called the Admissions office two days ago and asked that same question. The personnel couldn't really give me the exact number of slots available/open, but said that interviews will continue to be conducted until the end of March (they will still be inviting ppl out).

*"will continue to interview until class is full"

Hi,

I called the Admissions office two days ago and asked that same question. The personnel couldn't really give me the exact number of slots available/open, but said that interviews will continue to be conducted until the end of March (they will still be inviting ppl out).

*"will continue to interview until class is full"

i guess that is some good news :thumbup:

GOOD LUCK!!!

Thanks Mama Chipolte, I did not do well in the interview... :(. I cried right after it (and yes... i'm crying baby)
the office ppl said that "it is not true about people who are interviewed in March are those in waitlist. Everyone has the same chance and they are still calling out for interviewees... They said they will interview total 225-250 people for 75 spots.

Thanks Mama Chipolte, I did not do well in the interview... :(. I cried right after it (and yes... i'm crying baby)
the office ppl said that "it is not true about people who are interviewed in March are those in waitlist. Everyone has the same chance and they are still calling out for interviewees... They said they will interview total 225-250 people for 75 spots.

I really hope that your interview went much better than you thought :) Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Hi, I got my call on the Mar 15th said that they offer me a spot for class 2014:D I totally understand how this wait time felt; so please be positive, I had my interview on the Feb 16th, it took them a month to make decision;
progress.gif

I know this might be bad to ask, but has anyone been rejected yet? or do they put everyone on alt list?

Wooo, I got accepted :laugh: They called me tonight around 6:30pm wondering why they call this late. I have a class so I couldn't pick up, and no message was left. Then about 9:30, a email was sent saying they will send me about pin info soon regarding my acceptance!

Wooo, I got accepted :laugh: They called me tonight around 6:30pm wondering why they call this late. I have a class so I couldn't pick up, and no message was left. Then about 9:30, a email was sent saying they will send me about pin info soon regarding my acceptance!

Congratulations!!!!

Does anyone know where I can find interview feedback? like questions asked, what they liked disliked, etc?

I feel like LLU is not finding reasons to accept you, but finding reasons not to accept you. they will grill you about everything you didn't do.

Does anyone know where I can find interview feedback? like questions asked, what they liked disliked, etc?

Hi,

I had the same problem finding it. But go to the very top of the page and click on "interview feedback". And then you should click on feedback and then scroll down. You have to click on "comments" and then the list will expand with all the feedbacks and comments for each cateogory. Hope this helps.

Hi,

I had the same problem finding it. But go to the very top of the page and click on "interview feedback". And then you should click on feedback and then scroll down. You have to click on "comments" and then the list will expand with all the feedbacks and comments for each cateogory. Hope this helps.

Thank you Mama Chipotle!

Really? was that what your interview experience was like?

Everyone was nice though. I really did like the school. I just didn't walk away feeling good news will come.

But its funny because at Regis interview the very next day they provided lunch and my fortune cookie read:
"good news from afar will bring friends your way" Perhaps Colorado will call me here in California?

Sadly I forgot to take that fortune with me. It's probably trashed somewhere now. :(

I feel like LLU is not finding reasons to accept you, but finding reasons not to accept you. they will grill you about everything you didn't do.

I have the interview on March 18, the same day with you. I feel the same thing too. I was asked about phamarcy experiences, which I have none, and made me so angry at myself for not getting that pharmtech lisence and work at a pharmacy.:(

Those who are still following this thread, may I ask what your religious backgrounds are? I'm just curious:D

I recently turned down their offer after about 3 weeks of consideration so one of you on the waitlist will soon hear some good news :D

Congrats to those who made it and gl to those who are still waiting!

I recently turned down their offer after about 3 weeks of consideration so one of you on the waitlist will soon hear some good news :D

Congrats to those who made it and gl to those who are still waiting!

Thanks, i need that spot :D :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Hey, me too. Btw, does anyone know if their is a specific laptop requirement? P1's? I'm planning to get a more compact notebook finally...

I was raised Catholic but I am Christian.
I applied to LLU because I thought it would be fun to get with friends and learn about LIFE together during Chapel service!
I sometimes attend Sunday Chapel at my UC and I thought the lessons were inspiring and meaningful so I didn't mind this requirement.

I am sorry that some of you got grilled :(. For me, both of my interviewers were super nice, they say they just want to know me. So basically I just had conversation with both of them. I told one of the interviewer i was nervous then she calm me down by tell me they just want to know me so relax...

I am pretty sure I am going to LLU, I am a Christian myself and I did talk about a bit of my spiritual life at the interview. Good luck to you all that are going to interview

Roman Catholic, what is yours?

Hello,

that's cool. I was raised Buddhist. And then got into meditation via zen buddhism. I really appreciate the spiritual aspect of religion, but I don't claim to be religious. Although I have very high standards of moral values. I'm not sure if this makes any sense :)

I was raised Catholic but I am Christian.
I applied to LLU because I thought it would be fun to get with friends and learn about LIFE together during Chapel service!
I sometimes attend Sunday Chapel at my UC and I thought the lessons were inspiring and meaningful so I didn't mind this requirement.

Exactly! I really wanted to LLU because it will be a great opportunity to delve into the religious backgrounds of the student body and be in an environment that fosters spiritual wellness. I hear that they aren't strict about SDA on you, but that you are going to an SDA institution, so there are guidelines. I think it will be a very positive experience :) Congrats to you. Sadly, I really do not think I will get a chance to interview, it's already the 24th of March. I am hopeful, but also a little realistic. I'm very happy for you guys!!! :D

I grew up both catholic and SDA, I still attend both churches, which is one of the reasons i applied to LLU because i wanna say that i am a good christian but not a good Adventist or catholic. I figured by going to llu i would be able to better decided if one of these beliefs is best for me.

By the way has anyone called to see about there interviews. I called like last week they told that my interview and application has not been reviewed yet. I interview feb 26. Should i call again or just wait?

i just got a phone call that i'm on the alternate list.
Does anyone know what's my chance to actually get accepted? I'm really excited about the school!!!

i just got a phone call that i'm on the alternate list.
Does anyone know what's my chance to actually get accepted? I'm really excited about the school!!!

Hi,

Congrats! May I ask if they put you on the alt list before interviewing? I heard from a first year pharmacy student who posted on this thread that they actually pull a lot of the folks from the alt list at the end :) Good luck.

Hello,

that's cool. I was raised Buddhist. And then got into meditation via zen buddhism. I really appreciate the spiritual aspect of religion, but I don't claim to be religious. Although I have very high standards of moral values. I'm not sure if this makes any sense :)

Don't be worried yet Mama Chipotle... They said that they are interview more people this year 225 - 250 instead of 200. so, I think they will extend the interview process up to April... I really hope you will get an interview soon... you are a very nice person. :thumbup:

Don't be worried yet Mama Chipotle... They said that they are interview more people this year 225 - 250 instead of 200. so, I think they will extend the interview process up to April... I really hope you will get an interview soon... you are a very nice person. :thumbup:

Thanks, nng. Very nice of YOU for the blessings and encouragement. It says that your status is "pharmacy student". Have you already accepted and chosen a school already?

hi all,

congrats to all of you who got accepted and to all of you on the alt waitlist. I actually have an interview with them tomorrow! Anyone else? I feel like I'll be the only one there..hehe. I think they are definitely extending their interviews til April. Good luck! Im so nervous.. I really want to get in!

hi all,

congrats to all of you who got accepted and to all of you on the alt waitlist. I actually have an interview with them tomorrow! Anyone else? I feel like I'll be the only one there..hehe. I think they are definitely extending their interviews til April. Good luck! Im so nervous.. I really want to get in!

Well I can guarantee that that level of enthusiasm will work to your advantage! Good luck!!!! So exciting! Please provide some feedback on this thread when you're done and feel comfortable to share. :cool:

Hi,

Congrats! May I ask if they put you on the alt list before interviewing? I heard from a first year pharmacy student who posted on this thread that they actually pull a lot of the folks from the alt list at the end :) Good luck.

I had an interview on last thursday which was 3/18 and i got a call on 3/24. Good luck to you! =)