Loma Linda University - Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm wondering if they only call people to offer interview and acceptance or to put them on the alternate list .... later they will send out the rejection letter at the end of the interview cycle ... :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

eh?? ... did we have the same interview date? if we did ... then I know who you are :)

haha no we didn't. i had class with u at occ in o-chem and was always in the back joking around with anh. haha do u know now?

Members don't see this ad :)
I read over this thread from the beginning, and here is the summary of who got interviewed, waitlisted and accepted.

Interviewed

lovelystell interview 12/21/09

goingbackstar interview 12/16/09

alskdifh interview 1/11/10

chuichi10 interview 1/28

onlyforyours18 interview 12/22

cuncti316 interview 2/11

jumpmanjumma interview 2/25

Waitlisted

tink7 waitlisted

sunshine1984 interiview 1/30 alternative list 2/09

bora0831 interview 2/17 waitlist 3/1

Accepted

pharmascientist interview 1/26 accepted 2/5

SDreamer interview 2/03 accepted 2/08

coffeejunkie interview 2/10 accepted 3/1

lakersfanpharmd interview 2/10 accepted 3/5

Last edited:
haha no we didn't. i had class with u at occ in o-chem and was always in the back joking around with anh. haha do u know now?

that was 3 years ago ... haha ... sorry ... I don't remember ... who is this?

I read over this thread from the beginning, and here is the summary of who got interviewed, waitlisted and accepted.

Interviewed

lovelystell interview 12/21/09

goingbackstar interview 12/16/09

alskdifh interview 1/11/10

chuichi10 interview 1/28

lakersfanpharmd interview 2/10

onlyforyours18 interview 12/22

cuncti316 interview 2/11

Waitlisted

tink7 waitlisted

sunshine1984 interiview 1/30 alternative list 2/09

bora0831 interview 2/17 waitlist 3/1

Accepted

pharmascientist interview 1/26 accepted 2/5

SDreamer interview 2/03 accepted 2/08

coffeejunkie interview 2/10 accepted 3/1

You for got to add me to the list i was interviewd 2/25

Just got the best phone call of my life!!!!!!! FINALLY ACCEPTED!!!!!

lakersfanpharmdwoww congrats....It took you almost a month to hear the decision huh! ... so there is hope for all of us!!!

jumpmandrumma: sorry, i just editted the post.

so has anyone received an interview for the end of march? i got a phone call so unexpectedly a few days ago....i've been following this forum for a while now..hello~

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks nng. I guess good things do come to those who wait. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm still anxious waiting for that official acceptance letter to get mailed in, lol.

Hey newbs, congrats on the invitation. I think nng has one on 3/18. Good luck.

Is Loma Linda on a rolling admissions basis?

Thanks nng. I guess good things do come to those who wait. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm still anxious waiting for that official acceptance letter to get mailed in, lol.

Hey newbs, congrats on the invitation. I think nng has one on 3/18. Good luck.

Thank you~~!!

Hi all,

I just signed up with SDN about 7 minutes ago. First off, CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who has been offered acceptance to LLUSP and to those waiting for an interview (what an accomplishment!!!).

As for me, I did submit my supplemental late (Jan. 12) and have not heard from them. To everyone who is waiting to hear from LLUSP, I empathize with ya'll. I feel like I am sitting on fire and just want to jump into a dark hole. I'm still very hopeful and praying. I truly hope we all get an interview opportunity :)

Hi, I'm a current P1 student at LLUSP so if u guys have any questions then ask away!

As for me, I interviewed last year in mid-March and got accepted a week later. A lot of people in our class got pulled out of the waiting list, so dont worry!

Congrats to all that have been accepted and taking the seat to join our school. Hope to see u in the Fall!

Hi, I'm a current P1 student at LLUSP so if u guys have any questions then ask away!

As for me, I interviewed last year in mid-March and got accepted a week later. A lot of people in our class got pulled out of the waiting list, so dont worry!

Congrats to all that have been accepted and taking the seat to join our school. Hope to see u in the Fall!

Hi,

Do you know if LLUSP is extending interviews this cycle? Also, how long does one have before the interview date (i.e. when they call to offer an interview, how much time b/w the call and interview date does one have)?

What is your experience at LLUSP like? Do you like it? Any recommendations during the interview?

Thank you!

I submitted my supplement in august and just got an interview invite today. So there is still a chance to get invite....

I submitted my supplement in august and just got an interview invite today. So there is still a chance to get invite....

Thank you, ir2025. That is really comforting, but I really haven't waited as long as some folks, so I shouldn't be complaining.

I wish you the best of luck on your interview :luck:

Just got an interview invite this morning for this Thursday 3/11, pretty crazy, just 2 days before interview. I have finals next week, so this is only time I can do it i guess

I just got an interview invite for Thursday March 18th! this is wonderful news and I am beyond ecstatic!

I just got an interview invite for Thursday March 18th! this is wonderful news and I am beyond ecstatic!

Congrats! When did you turn in your supplemental app and when did LLUSP call you for the interview invitation? Good luck with your interview.

Congrats! When did you turn in your supplemental app and when did LLUSP call you for the interview invitation? Good luck with your interview.

I turned it in in November and received an invitation today.

Yay for Loma Linda. :thumbup::)

we have the same interview day. Mine is at 2pm... what time is yours? i'm getting so nervous....

Could someone interview for this year application cycle put up some interview feedback or kind share with us about what kind of questions they ask? It would be super helpful. Thanks

we have the same interview day. Mine is at 2pm... what time is yours? i'm getting so nervous....

Awww....don't be nervous. You've come this far. If you are nervous that day, channel that feeling towards making sure they want YOU. Good luck!

Could someone interview for this year application cycle put up some interview feedback or kind share with us about what kind of questions they ask? It would be super helpful. Thanks

It looks like someone has entered their interview feedback recently. ;)

Also anyone know how long the interview process last? Thanks!

I think it was about 3 hours. This was my agenda: Welcome, Written essay, Interview (two one-on-one interviews with faculty), Talk to APPE Coordinator regarding clinical rotations (it's just FYI), Tour, then a powerpoint presentation with other interviewees that day (there were only 3 of us).

Good luck everyone.

did anyone that had a Feb 18th interview hear anything from Loma Linda yet? I'm getting nervous with all the waiting.

Hi,

Do you know if LLUSP is extending interviews this cycle? Also, how long does one have before the interview date (i.e. when they call to offer an interview, how much time b/w the call and interview date does one have)?

What is your experience at LLUSP like? Do you like it? Any recommendations during the interview?

Thank you!

Hi Mama, I have no idea when their interview cycle ends.. all I know is that a lot of ppl applied this year than last yr (but thats probably at every school...).

I think at this point, they may call u last minute. I was called probably a week ahead (not that bad) but I asked to change it to a Monday instead of a Friday or something like that. They are really nice about that. They usually decide on Fridays, so if u get an interview on Fri, they will let u know about your acceptance on the Monday after or something.

I really like being here because its a small school yet its in a place with other schools so u kind of get to know other people in other schools like the nursing or medical or dentistry school.. the teachers are really nice and are there to help u and they always give free food!

Interview tips - know the school inside n out, know urself inside n out, do mock interviews with every single possible question they may ask u, have a full night's rest before interviewing, try to stand out, do your best!

It looks like someone has entered their interview feedback recently. ;)

I think it was about 3 hours. This was my agenda: Welcome, Written essay, Interview (two one-on-one interviews with faculty), Talk to APPE Coordinator regarding clinical rotations (it's just FYI), Tour, then a powerpoint presentation with other interviewees that day (there were only 3 of us).

Good luck everyone.

Thank you so much for the feedback and tips. I want to share the interview experience. Surprisingly, only me was interviewed at 10am. There were 2 other people but they seem to started their interview at 9am and 11 am. The interviewer were super nice and ensure me that they only want to know more about me not try to challenge me. Then Cindy took me on the golf cart for campus tour, it was really nice. Overall, the interview had made me like loma linda. I really hope I get in.

Thank you so much for the feedback and tips. I want to share the interview experience. Surprisingly, only me was interviewed at 10am. There were 2 other people but they seem to started their interview at 9am and 11 am. The interviewer were super nice and ensure me that they only want to know more about me not try to challenge me. Then Cindy took me on the golf cart for campus tour, it was really nice. Overall, the interview had made me like loma linda. I really hope I get in.

Awww. That sounds really nice. A lot of schools do grill their interviewees. I hope you get accepted!

Hi Mama, I have no idea when their interview cycle ends.. all I know is that a lot of ppl applied this year than last yr (but thats probably at every school...).

I think at this point, they may call u last minute. I was called probably a week ahead (not that bad) but I asked to change it to a Monday instead of a Friday or something like that. They are really nice about that. They usually decide on Fridays, so if u get an interview on Fri, they will let u know about your acceptance on the Monday after or something.

I really like being here because its a small school yet its in a place with other schools so u kind of get to know other people in other schools like the nursing or medical or dentistry school.. the teachers are really nice and are there to help u and they always give free food!

Interview tips - know the school inside n out, know urself inside n out, do mock interviews with every single possible question they may ask u, have a full night's rest before interviewing, try to stand out, do your best!

Thanks for the insight, Meowmeow! What is a P1? Does LLUSP have a dress code for class? How many students are in your class?

Thnks!

Thanks for the insight, Meowmeow! What is a P1? Does LLUSP have a dress code for class? How many students are in your class?

Thnks!

A P1 or PY1 is a 1st year pharmacy student. We used to have a dress code probably ~2 years ago, but now its just casual! I like it better that way since I can barely wake up in the morning to get ready. We have 73 students in our class, and I believe they are accepting 75 students for the class of 2014.

Inside scoop: As of Early February, ~35 students were accepted for the class of 2014. They are looking through about 600 applications.

Keep in mind that not all people who are accepted are going to put a deposit. I also had a positive experience after interviewing here, and since they have expanded our classroom area to 3 buildings instead of 1, it should be more attractive to prospective students.

Also, it is common to not have that many people interviewing at the same time as u because our school is very accommodating to your schedule. I don't think any students will be interviewing anybody or giving any tours next week because its finals week. But I sure love that red golf cart! (Although I didnt get to ride on it during interviews...)

A P1 or PY1 is a 1st year pharmacy student. We used to have a dress code probably ~2 years ago, but now its just casual! I like it better that way since I can barely wake up in the morning to get ready. We have 73 students in our class, and I believe they are accepting 75 students for the class of 2014.

Inside scoop: As of Early February, ~35 students were accepted for the class of 2014. They are looking through about 600 applications.

Keep in mind that not all people who are accepted are going to put a deposit. I also had a positive experience after interviewing here, and since they have expanded our classroom area to 3 buildings instead of 1, it should be more attractive to prospective students.

Also, it is common to not have that many people interviewing at the same time as u because our school is very accommodating to your schedule. I don't think any students will be interviewing anybody or giving any tours next week because its finals week. But I sure love that red golf cart! (Although I didnt get to ride on it during interviews...)

what do you think of the learning environment at llu compared to another school such as usc? do you think it's a more supportive environment?

what is your typical day like at llu? is the lifestyle any different considering llu is a SDA school with certain rules?

thanks!!!

i interviewed on 2/8 and got my acceptance call on 2/16 :). it was kind of funny since i was in vegas for the usn interview but since cindy called me i didn't go to the interview hahahaha. hope to see you guys in the fall!

what do you think of the learning environment at llu compared to another school such as usc? do you think it's a more supportive environment?

what is your typical day like at llu? is the lifestyle any different considering llu is a SDA school with certain rules?

thanks!!!

i interviewed on 2/8 and got my acceptance call on 2/16 :). it was kind of funny since i was in vegas for the usn interview but since cindy called me i didn't go to the interview hahahaha. hope to see you guys in the fall!

Congrats on getting in! I am not sure how USC is since I didnt apply there but I can tell u about LLUSP. Since our class is super small of 73, the 2nd smallest in Cali (UCSD accepts ~60), we know every single one of our classmates and know most of them pretty well. Our professors really try to get to know us, and since its such a small class, its not too difficult to remember us. At a certain period in the quarter, if the professors see that your grades are falling, they will make u go to your advisor (or somebody) so that you can talk about it and work things out. Everyone is assigned to an advisor, who is a professor.

This quarter, most of our days start at 9am. Mondays and wednesdays are the longest, ending at 5-6pm. We get breaks at every hour, and our lunch is from 12-1pm. On tuesdays, we go to our IPPE sites to work in retail settings. We always get out the earliest on fridays and we go to chapel on wednesdays from 11-1150am. In the fall, we had early tuesdays which went from 9-11am. The cool thing about attending any LLU school is that you get free membership to the gym that is on campus and the parking permit is free too.

Even though LLU is a vegetarian school, u can bring your own meat-filled lunch to school. They dont sell meat or caffeinated products at school. Most ppl just eat off-campus since there r lots of places to eat near school. We do have to take 2 religion classes for 1st year. They make u take it so that u can understand what SDA is, since u will be attending an SDA school. It is not to convert u or anything, because I am far from being an SDA.

But the professors here are supportive! We also have upperclassmen in the Rho Chi society (P2's or P3's) who will help tutor u in any of your classes. Any other questions, dont hesitate to ask!

Last edited:
Congrats on getting in! I am not sure how USC is since I didnt apply there but I can tell u about LLUSP. Since our class is super small of 73, the 2nd smallest in Cali (UCSD accepts ~60), we know every single one of our classmates and know most of them pretty well. Our professors really try to get to know us, and since its such a small class, its not too difficult to remember us. At a certain period in the quarter, if the professors see that your grades are falling, they will make u go to your advisor (or somebody) so that you can talk about it and work things out. Everyone is assigned to an advisor, who is a professor.

This quarter, most of our days start at 9am. Mondays and wednesdays are the longest, ending at 5-6pm. We get breaks at every hour, and our lunch is from 12-1pm. On tuesdays, we go to our IPPE sites to work in retail settings. We always get out the earliest on fridays and we go to chapel on wednesdays from 11-1150am. In the fall, we had early tuesdays which went from 9-11am. The cool thing about attending any LLU school is that you get free membership to the gym that is on campus and the parking permit is free too.

Even though LLU is a vegetarian school, u can bring your own meat-filled lunch to school. They dont sell meat or caffeinated products at school. Most ppl just eat off-campus since there r lots of places to eat near school. We do have to take 2 religion classes for 1st year. They make u take it so that u can understand what SDA is, since u will be attending an SDA school. It is not to convert u or anything, because I am far from being an SDA.

But the professors here are supportive! We also have upperclassmen in the Rho Chi society (P2's or P3's) who will help tutor u in any of your classes. Any other questions, dont hesitate to ask!

The student handbook, on pg 168 in the school of pharmacy section, states: "Active participation in at least one professional society is expected of all students." What professional societies does LLU have? Are P1's able to join all of them or just certain ones? Thanks!

Meowmeow, many thanks for your help! I am planning to attend LLU this fall. I hope you don't mind if I contact you in the future regarding some questions. But at the top of my head, I would like to ask you this:

I would like to save $$ on food/rent, and would like to stay at my parent's house during the school years (I live 37 miles, or 40 min away). Would you think it is possible to commute like this? Do you have or know anyone in your class who commutes? I really don't think wasting ~1.5 hours each day (total commute time) would hurt me.
Do you think I will miss anything, or be at any disadvantage, if I do not live on campus? Because I plan to stay on campus the whole time from my first class, to the last class (or whatever event) then commute home. I would appreciate your advice!

Meowmeow, many thanks for your help! I am planning to attend LLU this fall. I hope you don't mind if I contact you in the future regarding some questions. But at the top of my head, I would like to ask you this:

I would like to save $$ on food/rent, and would like to stay at my parent's house during the school years (I live 37 miles, or 40 min away). Would you think it is possible to commute like this? Do you have or know anyone in your class who commutes? I really don't think wasting ~1.5 hours each day (total commute time) would hurt me.
Do you think I will miss anything, or be at any disadvantage, if I do not live on campus? Because I plan to stay on campus the whole time from my first class, to the last class (or whatever event) then commute home. I would appreciate your advice!
40 min away is okay I guess... there are a few people on our class that do that. However, I would never do it. Fall quarter we had all 8am classes, so the commute would suck in the morning. Driving that at far would tempt me to skip too many classes... I live <2 mi away and its hard to get up for class. You would also be hurting socially if you want to go out with your class after classes, you probably wouldn't drive all the way back to go out at night with the classmates.