This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I gather from this that your negativity comes mainly from the rural setting of Lincoln Memorial University. As I said in a post above, the rural setting here is not going to be ideal for everyone. With that being said, living in a large city with traffic, abundant noise, fast pace etc. is not ideal for me. I love living in a rural community and couldn't imagine anything different. It is in the mission statement of Lincoln Memorial University to serve the needs of Appalachia.........With this in mind it is important to remember that Appalachia is a predominantly rural and underserved region of the United States.

No, while I do not necessarily relish a rural environment, I am very much used to and comfortable in it. Although I would wish wish for a slightly more populated area, Lincoln's setting doesn't discourage me on its own. In fact, the surrounding area is so beautiful I thought to myself "maybe I should just go here for the views alone." My issues with the school include curriculum, setting of the DeBusk center, equipment and facilities, different teaching practices, and various aspects about the final year.

Of course there are students here who were not accepted to their in-state school and came here as a second choice. There are people who are here who were accepted at multiple out of state institutions and came here. There are people here who were accepted at multiple institutions including their in-state and came here. So, there are all types of situations represented by the student body.

Yes this is absolutely true. I know some students love LMU and everything about it. But every student I personally heard was either mostly negative or indifferent. I didn't hear any true passion or excitement, even in a professional manner.

Looking back on years of NAVLE scores from the beginnings of other schools, the NAVLE scores here are on par. NAVLE scores will continue to increase each year.......I would expect scores in the high 90s by the graduation of the 2019 and 2020 classes.

Yes, that is absolutely true. But I personally don't feel comfortable placing myself in a situation where I am hoping to be part of a climbing statistic.

At this point, I don't want to upset anyone or make LMU seem like it's a terrible place. If you get accepted there and feel that it is the school for you, that's great! There are many aspects of LMU I did like. I just wanted to voice my opinion for anyone who wanted another opinion for consideration, I know I googled many SDN threads before I applied.

Members don't see this ad.

How was your interview experience? What kind of questions did they ask you? Is there a timer in each room and are you required to answer as many questions in the 8 minutes given?

Submitted 9/18, verified 10/15, and just received an interview invite!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How was your interview experience? What kind of questions did they ask you? Is there a timer in each room and are you required to answer as many questions in the 8 minutes given?

It was very laid back and the interviewers were easy to talk to. One of my interviewers made a conversation out of the interview, so before I knew it my time was up. The other two were following sheets of questions, which felt a little forced but they were both very nice. You're not "required" to answer anything, but I believe you want to at least "get through the sheet" before the time is up--which is easy, since the minutes fly by. They asked me general questions about myself, why I wanted to be a vet, scenarios like what kind of environments I was used to being in and such.

The actual interview was my favorite part of the day.

I submitted my supplemental for LMU back in August and it has said it was under review since then. Nothing changed when my VMCAS app was submitted/verified. The only emails I have received directly from LMU were a confirmation of my supplemental app submission (8/7) and the invite to interview (10/29)!

I also received an interview invite today. I will be going on the 9th!

Reactions: 1 users
It is a new program, and as they said their 87% NAVLE pass rate for their first class was well above average, but their first class only graduated a year ago. Most programs have a pass rate of 97% or higher.
Where’d you hear it was an 87% pass rate? I thought someone earlier in this thread said it was in the low 90s?

Just got my email for an interview! I'm going on Nov 30th. Who else???

Where’d you hear it was an 87% pass rate? I thought someone earlier in this thread said it was in the low 90s?
They said 87% at the presentation prior to the interviews.

Does LMU typically send out interview invites for a couple of days? I know they come in waves, but I guess what I'm asking is if I didn't get an invite today have I missed the usual "October group" of invites or do you think there is still hope? I'm glad some of y'all are starting to hear back!!Please keep us updated on how your interviews go! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does LMU typically send out interview invites for a couple of days? I know they come in waves, but I guess what I'm asking is if I didn't get an invite today have I missed the usual "October group" of invites or do you think there is still hope? I'm glad some of y'all are starting to hear back!!Please keep us updated on how your interviews go! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I turned in my app 9/21 (the last day lmao) if that helps any

Members don't see this ad :)
I, too, was invited for an interview. I submitted 9/10 and was verified 9/27. Has anyone else gotten their additional details after registering for their interview date? It says shortly but I don't know if that means a few hours or a few days?

I, too, was invited for an interview. I submitted 9/10 and was verified 9/27. Has anyone else gotten their additional details after registering for their interview date? It says shortly but I don't know if that means a few hours or a few days?
I haven't gotten additional details yet either.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

Last edited:

Definitely still hope. I wouldn’t even be concerned until you get an actual rejection letter. They do interview batches into February and they explicitly told us at the interview session that some people will get accepted before some even get interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely still hope. I wouldn’t even be concerned until you get an actual rejection letter. They do interview batches into February and they explicitly told us at the interview session that some people will get accepted before some even get interviews.
I misunderstood your question, sorry. I have no idea how long they send interviews out per batch.

After I got my interview invite and accepted my date I got an email with details a couple days later.

I wonder if this was the rate before the second attempt? This is not what we were told when it was announced in class. It was 93%. I wrote it down.

For those that have interviewed: many have said its a pretty chill interview process with behavioral type questions. Can I have some examples of the questions they asked?

Hello everyone! I'm freaking out and looking for advice. I recently received an invitation to interview. I went on to reserve my spot, not even 48 hours after receiving the invite, and both days were already full. I was told I'll still receive an invitation to interview in the Spring, but how bad does this look? Will the admissions committee not take me seriously because I didn't reserve a spot soon enough?

Hello everyone! I'm freaking out and looking for advice. I recently received an invitation to interview. I went on to reserve my spot, not even 48 hours after receiving the invite, and both days were already full. I was told I'll still receive an invitation to interview in the Spring, but how bad does this look? Will the admissions committee not take me seriously because I didn't reserve a spot soon enough?

I highly highly doubt it. They obviously expect this to happen since they don't provide enough spots for interviews for those they invite to interview.

Still nothing on my end I submitted my app the 16th of sept. I guess I missed the November batch.

Does anyone know how many applications they received/the number of applicants they plan on interviewing this cycle?

I believe they said they have the dates in November, none in december because of finals and the holidays, and then they have one more interview day in late January
So none in February, yeah I'm not hopeful then for lmu this cycle. It's an awesome school and im happy fot y'all but looks like I won't prob make it in if its just one more group.

I believe they said they have the dates in November, none in december because of finals and the holidays, and then they have one more interview day in late January
Do you know when the next batch of invites goes out? It seems like others had a few weeks notice so I'm wondering if people invited to interview in January won't hear back until after the holidays.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Do you know when the next batch of invites goes out? It seems like others had a few weeks notice so I'm wondering if people invited to interview in January won't hear back until after the holidays.

They didn't say, sorry!

I kinda know because my retakes are very good so is my last 45 buy my cumulative stinks. They average retakes with old grades so im probably below their cut. They are a great school, but LMU..vmcvm and uf are my long shots

I kinda know because my retakes are very good so is my last 45 buy my cumulative stinks. They average retakes with old grades so im probably below their cut. They are a great school, but LMU..vmcvm and uf are my long shots
I messaged you, but it's not over yet. Hang in there.

Where’s everyone flying into? I’m from tx and flights to that airport in Knoxville are like $600+ :arghh:

So ok weird idea but you could make that drive cheaper than a flight. Ive driven from Fl to NC in about 6-7 hours.
Yeah I prob will fly somewhere within 6 hours or so and drive the rest, i just get bored driving and 1100 miles is a long way lmao

Yeah I prob will fly somewhere within 6 hours or so and drive the rest, i just get bored driving and 1100 miles is a long way lmao
There should be a way to track the deals on flights using Google, there may be a price drop closer to the day if they have lots of open seats. Or look at flying into Nashville airport and driving the rest of the way. It'd still save you a fair amount of time.

Try Allegiant or jet blue, southwest also does deals. They are on border of a few states try blacksburg va , Lexington ky, ashville nc.

There should be a way to track the deals on flights using Google, there may be a price drop closer to the day if they have lots of open seats. Or look at flying into Nashville airport and driving the rest of the way. It'd still save you a fair amount of time.

Use incognito mode on chrome and clear your cache before hand ;) helps stop trackers from upping the rates.

Does anyone know how heavily the interview is weighed on the final admission decision?

I am having my father drive me from Nebraska. He likes long drives for some reason.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

Question! Has anyone who has not received an interview yet gotten any sort of email from LMU? I haven't received anything. Not sure if I should be worried. Thanks!

Does anyone have an email for them? I just want to email to check in since I haven't heard anything. Thanks!