LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have received an interview had LMU already received your CASPER scores? I’m still waiting for mine to be sent but I’m getting anxious not hearing anything yet so I’m wondering if that’s possibly the reason.
I received an interview and I don’t think they have received my score yet. It hasn’t even been two weeks since I took it
How can I see if they’ve received it?

Members don't see this ad.

I received an interview and I don’t think they have received my score yet. It hasn’t even been two weeks since I took it
How can I see if they’ve received it?
LMU sends out a verification email when they’ve received the Casper.

I you can also see if Casper has distributed your score. From the Casper FAQs: “You will not receive an email stating that your score has been delivered. However, in the Reservations section of your Acuity Insights account, you will see “Completed – Results delivered” to indicate that the score has been delivered. If you see “Completed – Results pending,” your Casper score has not yet been distributed.

It may take some extra time for individual programs to update the status of your Casper score in their system. Please allow programs ample time to update their system.”

Reactions: 1 user
LMU sends out a verification email when they’ve received the Casper.

I you can also see if Casper has distributed your score. From the Casper FAQs: “You will not receive an email stating that your score has been delivered. However, in the Reservations section of your Acuity Insights account, you will see “Completed – Results delivered” to indicate that the score has been delivered. If you see “Completed – Results pending,” your Casper score has not yet been distributed.

It may take some extra time for individual programs to update the status of your Casper score in their system. Please allow programs ample time to update their system.”
Okay thanks! I just checked and no they haven’t received it yet

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview next week for the spring and fall cohorts. I am totally willing to start in the spring. For OOS who've been accepted to the spring cohort, does LMU offer any assistance for moving/finding housing? i'm most stressed about finding somewhere to live lol

I have my interview next week for the spring and fall cohorts. I am totally willing to start in the spring. For OOS who've been accepted to the spring cohort, does LMU offer any assistance for moving/finding housing? i'm most stressed about finding somewhere to live lol
LMU doesn't differentiate between out of state and in-state. For housing I recommend joining these facebook groups as this is where a majority of students find housing. LMU - CVM Housing and For Sale | Facebook LMU-DCOM Housing | Facebook

LMU also has graduate housing that quite a few students live at.

LMU doesn't differentiate between out of state and in-state. For housing I recommend joining these facebook groups as this is where a majority of students find housing. LMU - CVM Housing and For Sale | Facebook LMU-DCOM Housing | Facebook

LMU also has graduate housing that quite a few students live at.
thank you for this!! i don't want to get too ahead of myself, still need to do my interview and everything lol. I'm glad that's just one less thing to be too stressed about.

Has anyone who selected Fall Cohort (Blue) "only" on their app., heard anything after interviewing?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It sounded like we were going to hear back in August..theres literally only been like one day that people have been accepted so far which is odd.

Last edited:
It sounded like we were going to hear back in August..theres literally only been like one day that people have been accepted so far which is odd.
I guess there's a process for these things...and with the new Cohort, everyone is still trying to figure it out.

Hey all! My interview is Monday and I’m feeling nervous. How formally are people dressing?

Hey all! My interview is Monday and I’m feeling nervous. How formally are people dressing?
Same and same 😬 I’m planning on going with dressy business casual, like a nice button down and blazer

Same and same 😬 I’m planning on going with dressy business casual, like a nice button down and blazer
^ same! Thankfully it's virtual so I think clothes matter a tad less than it does for in-person, as long as it comes across as professional I think

Reactions: 1 users
This is my second cycle applying, first time applying to LMU OOS! I am only applying for fall cohort due to my current living situation/unable to leave my rented house until July. Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
I love the program and am happy that I'm at LMU. LMU is hands-on and you start working on clinical skills (including live animals) within the first few weeks of class. The professors/staff/faculty all really care about the students and put forth effort to make sure we have what we need and give us the tools to be successful. I'm particularly excited for the distributive 4th year that LMU uses for clinical rotations. We get to go out and practice in clinics that we select and gives a little more flexibility than a teaching hospital. The curriculum is listed on the LMU website if you have specific questions about that. I personally picked LMU because of the location and how hands-on the program is and while that might not be the correct fit for everyone, it was for me.

I understand that the application process can be frustrating though our admissions team does a great job at what they do. Not only them, but also the admissions committee goes through hundreds and hundreds of applications. Like it was mentioned above, offers started going out in august but could continue to go out past august.
Are the professors really hyper focused like LMU promises to helping students succeed. I know some veterinary schools especially in anatomy the fail rate is so high with station to station practicals and the test exams etc etc or professors are more focused on their research etc, but I know some courses are reasons why people end up dropping out but sometimes it’s how school or teachers are structured but seems like LMU really wants people to pass and help fill that shortage gap and has a high NAVLE rate too..

Congrats/good luck to everyone interviewing today! :)

Thank you!! I’m SO nervous but hoping for the best 🤧🤞
I had mine this morning and it was very relaxed!! The interviewers were super nice and almost conversational at the end of my response! Honestly wish I had more time to just chat! I know you'll do great!!! :)

I was super nervous so I feel like I didn’t do as well as I was hoping. Hopefully it’s all in my head and I did okay 😣

• Care
Are you interviewing in hopes of Fall??
Yes! As tempting as Spring is (I’m nontrad, love what I’ve seen of LMU and their program, and just want to get started already), I applied to 14 schools and want to hear back from at least most of them and my IS first.

I had mine this morning and it was very relaxed!! The interviewers were super nice and almost conversational at the end of my response! Honestly wish I had more time to just chat! I know you'll do great!!! :)

Ahh that makes me feel better about it, thank you so much! I usually end up interviewing decently well, I’m just silly about it and wind myself into an anxiety pretzel leading up to them. Sounds like yours went great, hoping for wonderful news for you when the time comes! 💚

I was super nervous so I feel like I didn’t do as well as I was hoping. Hopefully it’s all in my head and I did okay 😣
A little tip I've been using to calm myself down is reminding myself that this is something we've been preparing for, for years (even longer in some cases!), I always joke i could lead a tedtalk just discussing animals/vet med/dogs and i'd never run out of things to talk about! I'm sure you did great! :) Even if it didn't end up being the best, I always look at these as learning opportunities and next time you'll be even better! And being able to get the jitters out will help for anything coming forward!

• Care
Hello! This is my second cycle applying, first time applying to LMU. I submitted my application this weekend. I would love to be considered for spring cohort. I would have submitted sooner, but my LOR did not come in until last week. (Phew! I was losing sleep over this).
Do you think it's too late for me for spring?

Hello! This is my second cycle applying, first time applying to LMU. I submitted my application this weekend. I would love to be considered for spring cohort. I would have submitted sooner, but my LOR did not come in until last week. (Phew! I was losing sleep over this).
Do you think it's too late for me for spring?
Hi! From what I’ve heard I think they’re still considering apps for Spring so long as all of your prereqs are complete, but I’ve found their admissions office to be very responsive over email if you wanted to reach out and be sure. Also I know this isn’t helpful now but for future applicants reading the thread, LoRs don’t have to be in to submit— LMU offered me an interview with 4/5 of mine outstanding.

Hi! From what I’ve heard I think they’re still considering apps for Spring so long as all of your prereqs are complete, but I’ve found their admissions office to be very responsive over email if you wanted to reach out and be sure. Also I know this isn’t helpful now but for future applicants reading the thread, LoRs don’t have to be in to submit— LMU offered me an interview with 4/5 of mine outstanding.
Thank you so much!

Does anyone know what the decision timeline looks like for the January start applicants? I had my interview today and I’m already impatient lol

Does anyone know what the decision timeline looks like for the January start applicants? I had my interview today and I’m already impatient lol
some of us have been waiting since late July. Your guess is as good as mine. There was one person that reported an acceptance email 2 days after their interview. Be patient; it is a process!!

OOF I'm not sure how I did at all and feel like I fumbled one prompt in particular, but everyone was super nice. We were supposed to just leave the meeting after our last breakout, right? I kind of panicked and dipped :censored:

• Care
OOF I'm not sure how I did at all and feel like I fumbled one prompt in particular, but everyone was super nice. We were supposed to just leave the meeting after our last breakout, right? I kind of panicked and dipped :censored:
Yes! You were just supposed to leave at the end! :) And I'm sure you did well! There was no right or wrong answers, they just want to see who you are, how you respond on your feet, and get a feel for you!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I felt the same way about one of the prompts 😭

A little tip I've been using to calm myself down is reminding myself that this is something we've been preparing for, for years (even longer in some cases!), I always joke i could lead a tedtalk just discussing animals/vet med/dogs and i'd never run out of things to talk about! I'm sure you did great! :) Even if it didn't end up being the best, I always look at these as learning opportunities and next time you'll be even better! And being able to get the jitters out will help for anything coming forward!
That’s a really good tip!! I will keep that in mind! Thanks 🥹

Right? I was going to ask the same… I figured something in the next few weeks we will find out what the decisions are and if we are going to be asked for when we want to start…etc

Right? I was going to ask the same… I figured something in the next few weeks we will find out what the decisions are and if we are going to be asked for when we want to start…etc

I’m not sure about the exact time line but I know those that have been accepted have until Sept 30 to pay their deposit and accept their seat. I would assume that people will start to be notified after that. Again this is all assumption, but I would think this is how it’ll go.

How long did the interview last? I have mine Thursday!!
I believe they want you to budget around 45 min just in case (mine was delayed getting started from some technical issues) but then the actual interview was around 30 min at most, the stations are timed so you get moved on when the time it up!

All I heard back so far from my my interview has been a survey so far and to check for updates

Hopefully! Did you also receive any survey email or anything that says check your emails for updates lol

I interviewed in July and got that email shortly after.
Gotcha, wow you submitted and then heard back for interview quickly then got the survey post interview and now waiting for a decision correct?

Gotcha, wow you submitted and then heard back for interview quickly then got the survey post interview and now waiting for a decision correct?
There is a group of us that took the LMU website literally when they said the deadline for spring was June 30th. So we submitted by June 30th, received an invite to interview, interviewed at the end of July and have been waiting ever since. At first we were told a decision would be made sometime in August. Since then, we have been told that interviews will be on-going until sometime in October. When asked about the "deadline" of June 30th, I was told they could not technically enforce that since the application deadline through VMCAS was Sept 18th.

Reactions: 3 users