LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my acceptance letter for the spring cohort!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else heard anything? I just got two emails about scheduling a tour date. Hoping that might be a good sign ahh My anxiety is through the roof.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else heard anything? I just got two emails about scheduling a tour date. Hoping that might be a good sign ahh My anxiety is through the roof.
Same, I just got 2 emails about the tour

I got the same 2 tour emails. Talk about an emotional roller coaster!!

I got an acceptance email along with the 2 tour emails.

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations!!!! :giggle:May I ask when your interview was? And, also, just for a timeline, when you applied/received verification?
I applied at the end of June, received verification July 12th, and I interviewed July 26th :)

Just got my acceptance letter for the spring cohort!

I just got an interview invite saying it’s for silver…I just submitted my application like 1-2 weeks ago so I was assuming that meant for the fall 2024 cycle. Is silver the spring??

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview invite saying it’s for silver…I just submitted my application like 1-2 weeks ago so I was assuming that meant for the fall 2024 cycle. Is silver the spring??
Yes, silver is the spring semester, I think fall semester is blue

Reactions: 1 users
Any updates from anyone? Dying to know if I got in.

Any updates from anyone? Dying to know if I got in.
Nope haven’t heard anything. I have seen other people that are just now getting interviews for spring semester. And I have been looking at the thread from last session and it looks like they will accept 10-20 at a time. Some people last session didn’t get accepted until November for spring which is crazy. Hopefully we hear something sooner though if they are saying the people accepted have until end of September to officially accept.

Reactions: 3 users
Nope haven’t heard anything. I have seen other people that are just now getting interviews for spring semester. And I have been looking at the thread from last session and it looks like they will accept 10-20 at a time. Some people last session didn’t get accepted until November for spring which is crazy. Hopefully we hear something sooner though if they are saying the people accepted have until end of September to officially accept.
I really hope they don't wait til the end of Sept. I don't want to waste money applying to other schools if I could potentially start in January.

Last time everything was last minute because they got last minute approval for the class. Everything should be quicker this time around.

Last time everything was last minute because they got last minute approval for the class. Everything should be quicker this time around.
I hope so, then I can stop refreshing my email every 5 minutes 😅

When is your interview?

Hello! Current student here if anybody has any questions. LMU works on a rolling admission so you can be accepted anytime up until the the first week of class. (There was a 1st year who got accepted the week school started this semester).

Highly disappointed to learn that LMU is intending on sending interview invites well into the fall to fill the spring cohort. On the website it states there is a deadline of June 30th for admission into the spring cohort. Interviews will be held in July and decision sometime in August. Once I learned this, I quickly put together my application and submitted in early June. I was interviewed in July and have been waiting anxiously for a decision. I have since learned that applicants with submissions well after the deadline are getting an interview invite. I was really hoping I wouldn't need to invest a small fortune and apply to several more schools this fall. The timeline that LMU put out fit perfectly to avoid such expenses.

Highly disappointed to learn that LMU is intending on sending interview invites well into the fall to fill the spring cohort. On the website it states there is a deadline of June 30th for admission into the spring cohort. Interviews will be held in July and decision sometime in August. Once I learned this, I quickly put together my application and submitted in early June. I was interviewed in July and have been waiting anxiously for a decision. I have since learned that applicants with submissions well after the deadline are getting an interview invite. I was really hoping I wouldn't need to invest a small fortune and apply to several more schools this fall. The timeline that LMU put out fit perfectly to avoid such expenses.

This is really unfortunate because we submitted our applications so early that now we can’t add hours to our experiences so it looks like we arent doing anything after since we cant update anything. Just so sad and not fair.

• Sad
Hello! Current student here if anybody has any questions. LMU works on a rolling admission so you can be accepted anytime up until the the first week of class. (There was a 1st year who got accepted the week school started this semester).
Nearly all schools have rolling admission. As a spot opens up, they fill it with someone off the waiting list.

This is really unfortunate because we submitted our applications so early that now we can’t add hours to our experiences so it looks like we arent doing anything after since we cant update anything. Just so sad and not fair.
The school put deadlines and timelines on their website for applicants to follow. The standard process for a fall start is followed by all schools when it comes to fall admission. Interviews are completed and schools have decisions to applicants by mid-late February. Then the confirmation date in April. LMU gets to choose how they want to do the spring admission process but they really aren't following it. If I submit a late application for a fall start, I am not considered. There is a deadline for a reason.

Nearly all schools have rolling admission. As a spot opens up, they fill it with someone off the waiting list.
Yes, in the past for fall starts LMU has done a small batch of acceptances in December and then again in Feb/March. I was just pointing this out for those who didn't know and would be worried if they don't receive something right away. :)

I would like to hear how the program is going for you? So far, this application/interview/acceptance process has put a bad taste in my mouth.

They had July interviews for Silver (spring) and the interview in August is still spring focused but they’re inviting anyone who’s applied/verified. So Blue only applicants can go ahead and interview and get that over with. LMU-CVM only has a single interview which is good for either start date.

This is also the first time thru they were able to plan for the spring semester, so their goal is to send out offers sooner to get folks moved to the area sooner for the January start.

September is likely a safe marker for acceptances to be sent out. Something very important to keep in mind is how this process works.

If your application is missing anything (Casper, LOR, unverified by VMCAS) that can delay evaluation by the committee. LMU-CVM has applicants submit and assessed, interviews are extended, then the committee makes recommendations to the Dean who makes the ultimate decision.

Priority is for the spring class but if they can get all interviews down sooner, that should expedite the entire process for spring and fall.

The school put deadlines and timelines on their website for applicants to follow. The standard process for a fall start is followed by all schools when it comes to fall admission. Interviews are completed and schools have decisions to applicants by mid-late February. Then the confirmation date in April. LMU gets to choose how they want to do the spring admission process but they really aren't following it. If I submit a late application for a fall start, I am not considered. There is a deadline for a reason.

The school cannot enforce the June deadline because VMCAS is open from May until September per the VMCAS website. The June 30 date is what is recommended for those who prefer to start in January. Submission after June 30 does not penalize an applicant's consideration but may delay when they would hear a decision.

If someone fall only interviews now, it does not impact the timeline for silver only candidates because there are several different steps. Completing the interview now just means you don't have to interview later. Something else to consider is if you prefer spring but don't get it, that does not mean you're done. All eligible applicants will be considered for fall as well, but fall seats won't be considered until spring is taken care of.

Reactions: 4 users
I would like to hear how the program is going for you? So far, this application/interview/acceptance process has put a bad taste in my mouth.
I love the program and am happy that I'm at LMU. LMU is hands-on and you start working on clinical skills (including live animals) within the first few weeks of class. The professors/staff/faculty all really care about the students and put forth effort to make sure we have what we need and give us the tools to be successful. I'm particularly excited for the distributive 4th year that LMU uses for clinical rotations. We get to go out and practice in clinics that we select and gives a little more flexibility than a teaching hospital. The curriculum is listed on the LMU website if you have specific questions about that. I personally picked LMU because of the location and how hands-on the program is and while that might not be the correct fit for everyone, it was for me.

I understand that the application process can be frustrating though our admissions team does a great job at what they do. Not only them, but also the admissions committee goes through hundreds and hundreds of applications. Like it was mentioned above, offers started going out in august but could continue to go out past august.

They had July interviews for Silver (spring) and the interview in August is still spring focused but they’re inviting anyone who’s applied/verified. So Blue only applicants can go ahead and interview and get that over with. LMU-CVM only has a single interview which is good for either start date.

This is also the first time thru they were able to plan for the spring semester, so their goal is to send out offers sooner to get folks moved to the area sooner for the January start.

September is likely a safe marker for acceptances to be sent out. Something very important to keep in mind is how this process works.

If your application is missing anything (Casper, LOR, unverified by VMCAS) that can delay evaluation by the committee. LMU-CVM has applicants submit and assessed, interviews are extended, then the committee makes recommendations to the Dean who makes the ultimate decision.

Priority is for the spring class but if they can get all interviews down sooner, that should expedite the entire process for spring and fall.

The school cannot enforce the June deadline because VMCAS is open from May until September per the VMCAS website. The June 30 date is what is recommended for those who prefer to start in January. Submission after June 30 does not penalize an applicant's consideration but may delay when they would hear a decision.

If someone fall only interviews now, it does not impact the timeline for silver only candidates because there are several different steps. Completing the interview now just means you don't have to interview later. Something else to consider is if you prefer spring but don't get it, that does not mean you're done. All eligible applicants will be considered for fall as well, but fall seats won't be considered until spring is taken care of.

So I submitted my application for consideration into the Fall cohort only, but received an interview offer today for "silver", which I believe is the Spring cohort. I should still plan on doing the interview even though the email specifies "silver"?

Thank you for your insight!

So I submitted my application for consideration into the Fall cohort only, but received an interview offer today for "silver", which I believe is the Spring cohort. I should still plan on doing the interview even though the email specifies "silver"?

Thank you for your insight!

The interview will be good for either cohort. If you want to get your interview done and over with, and the date works for you, I would consider scheduling. There will be other dates later in the fall if it doesn't work for you though.

I really appreciate your response. Nothing about the vet school process is easy and the spring cohort adds another layer of frustration. It is hard to sit and wait hoping a committee pieces together that you are an excellent candidate. I have the grades, experience, and drive. Each school is just so saturated with applicates that a person begins to lose hope. I was really hoping the Silver cohort was my ticket in.

I really appreciate your response. Nothing about the vet school process is easy and the spring cohort adds another layer of frustration. It is hard to sit and wait hoping a committee pieces together that you are an excellent candidate. I have the grades, experience, and drive. Each school is just so saturated with applicates that a person begins to lose hope. I was really hoping the Silver cohort was my ticket in.

I know the application process is scary, frustrating, and mentally draining. Trust me, I know because it took me 3 cycles to get any acceptance, let alone an interview. Patience and not comparing yourself to others will help you through the process. Admission works hard here at LMU and looks at everyone and everything holistically. The silver cohort may be your ticket in, but if it isn’t, THAT'S OK! Blue may be your path. You aren’t considered rejected until you receive that message strictly from admissions. The Dean has the final say on who gets accepted. That’s where the process takes a bit longer. The Dean is an extremely busy woman so it takes time for her to review applicants. Patience is key. I will say that til I’m out of breath LOL. It took me a very long time to understand that.

Frustration is a reasonable and understandable outcome given the circumstances of graduate programs, but as dancingvet_loading stated patience is key. I'll also say while the emotions you are feeling are valid, try and avoid the quicksand that is obsessively refreshing that email, theorizing about admit dates, comparing previous cycle trends to now, etc because I know its a coping mechanism for the dreaded unknown but if you've interviewed - you've done everything necessary to get in front and considered for a program. For those that haven't interviewed, same message applies. If you've submitted your application and put your all into it, the hours, dedication, commitments you've made will be seen in the application, but there's a lot of applicants and only so many programs. Patience and perseverance is key - and part of that is maintaining positive sights on the end goal.

If it takes time, it takes time and that's okay. Do self care, drink water, remember to eat (we're just complicated house plants) and breathe. Commiserating is understandable but it can quickly turn into an echo chamber of not so great things. The fact there are already acceptances out is great because it means they're working through accessing and evaluating and making recommendations. Hold tight and take care.

Reactions: 4 users
Sooo I just realized I never filled out my secondary application for LMU for the spring. They offered an interview so fast that I didn't think anything of it until I started reading past threads and people were talking about an LMU portal to check for updates. I just went on and did everything but could that affect getting accepted since I haven't heard anything yet after interviewing in July?

Supplemental will have no impact for you as long as it is submitted by the Sept date for VMCAS. Its how they collect the processing fee and info for financial aid. If you submit and go back and see its not complete you can always reach out to their office and someone should be able to help you.

Supplemental will have no impact for you as long as it is submitted by the Sept date for VMCAS. Its how they collect the processing fee and info for financial aid. If you submit and go back and see its not complete you can always reach out to their office and someone should be able to help you.
Are decisions posted on the supplemental portal?

I have two prerequisite im getting done this session organic Chem 2 and I needed 1 more credit for upper science so I’m taking a class to meet that. Could that cause them to delay accepting me because my transcripts aren’t complete?

I saw this on the website is why I am asking.

“Applicants should ensure all required documents (eLOR, transcripts, etc) are submitted by the LMU June 30th deadline. Applicants who have notsubmitted all information by this date may still be eligible for entry into the spring semester. Please note that failure to meet this deadline will result in acceptance offers/decisions that are later in the fall resulting in less time to prepare for classes to begin in January.”

It’s my first cycle so I’m new at all this too.

I have two prerequisite im getting done this session organic Chem 2 and I needed 1 more credit for upper science so I’m taking a class to meet that. Could that cause them to delay accepting me because my transcripts aren’t complete?

I saw this on the website is why I am asking.

“Applicants should ensure all required documents (eLOR, transcripts, etc) are submitted by the LMU June 30th deadline. Applicants who have notsubmitted all information by this date may still be eligible for entry into the spring semester. Please note that failure to meet this deadline will result in acceptance offers/decisions that are later in the fall resulting in less time to prepare for classes to begin in January.”

It’s my first cycle so I’m new at all this too.
I am in the same boat as you; taking O-chem 2. Currently, nearly 1/2 done with the course.

Prerequisites must be completed before planned start. To be eligible to start in January, all prereqs need to be finished this fall 23. If your planned start is August, then everything needs finished by spring 24.

The wait is because the committee has to go thru the applications one by one. But if your Casper hasn’t been received, or there’s an LOR not submitted, or completed transcript not received by vmcas (anything graded spring 23 or before) that could delay them.

Last edited:
Prerequisites must be completed before planned start. To be eligible to start in January, all prereqs need to be finished this fall 23. If your planned start is August, then everything needs finished by spring 24.

The wait is because the committee has to go thru the applications one by one. But if your Casper hasn’t been received, or there’s an LOR not submitted, or completed transcript not received by vmcas (anything graded spring 23 or before) that could delay them.
Is a car required to get from one location to the other? Is there a bus system or do most students just walk?

Is a car required to get from one location to the other? Is there a bus system or do most students just walk?

Yes, a car is required here at LMU. The main campus is about 15-17 mins from the Farm where labs are held. There is no public transportation or Uber/Lyft here.