LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No nothing yet

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an email that was selected to interview for class of 2028. I’m interested in starting in fall :)

Reactions: 6 users
Also just got an interview invite and scheduled for mid-September! :)

Reactions: 4 users
I marked myself as Fall only and my interview is also in mid-September and says the same thing about it being for both!

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing here. Trying to be patient but another month has gone by with no word.
Did you ask them when a cut off would be to hear back from them for the people that are waiting for spring admissions? Even if it’s a rejection vs waitlist.. I’m wondering if it would be September 30th since that was a deadline someone said for them to accept their acceptance? I’m just confused with this process, now that they are interviewing people that are more wanting to go to fall.

Did you ask them when a cut off would be to hear back from them for the people that are waiting for spring admissions? Even if it’s a rejection vs waitlist.. I’m wondering if it would be September 30th since that was a deadline someone said for them to accept their acceptance? I’m just confused with this process, now that they are interviewing people that are more wanting to go to fall.

They continue to accept applicants until the Spring Cohort is filled. That can be up until the first week of classes in January. When the spring cohort is filled, they will start to extend acceptances for the Fall Cohort. AGAIN that can go all the way up until the first week of classes in August. Everyone after interviews is pretty much on the waitlist until accepted.

Again, I know the waiting process sucks. But this is a game of patience. Checking or asking if someone has heard anything back daily or weekly on here will drain you mentally and emotionally. While waiting, continue to improve your stats and hours. Continue your hobbies or find new ones. Keep yourself busy until you hear back from schools. I know it’s easier said them done and I have been in all of your shoes for 3 cycles. You all got this!

Reactions: 4 users
They continue to accept applicants until the Spring Cohort is filled. That can be up until the first week of classes in January. When the spring cohort is filled, they will start to extend acceptances for the Fall Cohort. AGAIN that can go all the way up until the first week of classes in August. Everyone after interviews is pretty much on the waitlist until accepted.

Again, I know the waiting process sucks. But this is a game of patience. Checking or asking if someone has heard anything back daily or weekly on here will drain you mentally and emotionally. While waiting, continue to improve your stats and hours. Continue your hobbies or find new ones. Keep yourself busy until you hear back from schools. I know it’s easier said them done and I have been in all of your shoes for 3 cycles. You all got this!
Thanks for the clarification! I guess I just didn’t realize how up in the air rolling admissions is. I know that it happened last year where someone was accepted the first week of classes but I thought that was just because it was new last year and it was supposed to be more structured this year. So I was expecting maybe a decision day. Like Florida decision day is in December and Iowa sometime in February. I was hoping there would be a cut off to look forward to with rolling admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an invitation to interview with them. I marked myself down being interested in both semesters. Weird thing is the email confirmation gave me an interview time of 7:35 PM, but the time on the interview link is scheduled for 3:35PM.

Does anyone know if I would be given the opportunity to be evaluated for fall? I got a spring invite to the class but marked myself as fall only.

Does anyone know if I would be given the opportunity to be evaluated for fall? I got a spring invite to the class but marked myself as fall only.
I believe if you are not interested in spring, you can decline that seat but stay on to be considered for fall.

I got an invitation to interview with them. I marked myself down being interested in both semesters. Weird thing is the email confirmation gave me an interview time of 7:35 PM, but the time on the interview link is scheduled for 3:35PM.
Is the calendar on your end showing Universal Time or Eastern Time Zone?

You will still be eligible for fall.

Thank them for the acceptance but state you will have to decline as you selected/interested in a august start only and would like to be considered for the fall instead.

Thank them for the acceptance but state you will have to decline as you selected/interested in a august start only and would like to be considered for the fall instead.
Why do we think they are offering a Spring start when applicants put the Fall choice on their application? Mistake? Or are they trying to entice someone who may have all of their prereqs completed?

Why do we think they are offering a Spring start when applicants put the Fall choice on their application? Mistake? Or are they trying to entice someone who may have all of their prereqs completed?
That is such a good question! There are some of us that clearly want to start in the spring so why they are offering to those that want a fall start, I have no idea!

Also curious about this. I assume that it’s not a mistake and they’re trying to entice folks to their Spring cohort, but I genuinely don’t like the idea of potentially being offered and subsequently having to turn down a Spring seat with the possibility of being rejected later on from the Fall pool. It would cause a lot of undue anxiety and I’d much rather an offer just go to someone who actually can/wants to do Spring.

Reactions: 1 users
Also curious about this. I assume that it’s not a mistake and they’re trying to entice folks to their Spring cohort, but I genuinely don’t like the idea of potentially being offered and subsequently having to turn down a Spring seat with the possibility of being rejected later on from the Fall pool. It would cause a lot of undue anxiety and I’d much rather an offer just go to someone who actually can/wants to do Spring.
Couldn't agree more!!

It is creating SOO much stress on my part haha. I’m ofc so grateful but it’s a weird situation! I want to wait for my in state but it would be passed the due date for the deposit.

It is creating SOO much stress on my part haha. I’m ofc so grateful but it’s a weird situation! I want to wait for my in state but it would be passed the due date for the deposit.
Exactly! And if a chunk of people wanting to matriculate in Fall put down stress deposits out of worry that they might not get in elsewhere, Spring class numbers are going to be out of whack once they start hearing from other schools and withdrawing.

It seems like a bit of an odd choice logistically, but maybe they’re still ironing things out since it’s only the second year.

I understand your struggle! You should review some posts from past and current students about what to do. I have read through several that would say to do what is financially the best move for you. IS is almost always going to be the better option, even if you have to wait. The amount of debt from Vet school can be daunting.

Thank them for the acceptance but state you will have to decline as you selected/interested in a august start only and would like to be considered for the fall instead
I'm in Central Time which is an hour behind Eastern Time Zone. It turns out Google calendar doesn't understand how scheduling works. So, my time is still 3:35PM Eastern Time.

May I ask your due date for the deposit and decision?

Third time OOS applicant! Just submitted my application on Friday and got verified today! Took CASPER August 27th. Applied to LMU for both Spring and Fall class but kind of hoping for Spring so I can get started!! Hoping to hear about an interview soon!

Reactions: 2 users
First time OOS applicant applying for fall cohort :) Just submitted today! Good luck everyone!

I got an email from LMU a few minutes ago stating they received my application and it was verified. Hopefully I’m moving in the right direction.

Does anyone know how or if they will let us know when the spring seats are completely filled? Thanks!

How long does it take to get your Casper scores?
I took it on August 10th and got my scores 2 days ago! They say around 4 weeks for them to release to you!

This is my third time taking the CASPER and you don't receive a score only a quartile. 1st being the worst and 4th being the best.

I wonder how much is weighted on your Casper quartile score.

• Hmm
I wonder how much is weighted on your Casper quartile score.
I get the feeling that it’s a decent amount, my GPA is barely high enough to meet the minimum cutoff for most schools and only one of my LoRs was in when I got my interview offer so it was presumably extended based on just experience hours, personal statement, and CASPer score

Nice...when is it? Spring or Fall cohort?
The email says for spring and fall but on my application I said for fall. I’m hoping they don’t sent an invite to the spring class because I don’t want that stress of maybe passing up my only opportunity 😅

The email says for spring and fall but on my application I said for fall. I’m hoping they don’t sent an invite to the spring class because I don’t want that stress of maybe passing up my only opportunity 😅
They do interviews regardless which cohort you put down. If you are a fit, they will make an offer to you. If it is for spring and you don't want that, you can turn it down and let them know you are interested in fall.

Does anyone know people who turned down their spring and did not get fall? Based on the facebook I have mostly only seen people who were still offered a spot and was curious how likely it really is.

Does anyone know people who turned down their spring and did not get fall? Based on the facebook I have mostly only seen people who were still offered a spot and was curious how likely it really is.
Not sure about the quantity on this since they just started the spring cohort in January 2023. I know they originally started offering to people spring or fall but changed to just spring only when they weren't getting enough spring starters. Those that declined their spring seat, stayed on the list to be considered for fall.

For those who have received an interview had LMU already received your CASPER scores? I’m still waiting for mine to be sent but I’m getting anxious not hearing anything yet so I’m wondering if that’s possibly the reason.

For those who have received an interview had LMU already received your CASPER scores? I’m still waiting for mine to be sent but I’m getting anxious not hearing anything yet so I’m wondering if that’s possibly the reason.
They received mine fairly quickly.

they received mine about 2 weeks after I took it