Let's talk TATOO...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some of u guys need to take the stick out of ur a ss. Girl with tattoo is just an advertisement for a 3-some... can't get any better than thattt! :soexcited: ...however doing something like that that is completely unacceptable as a doctor. :whistle:

Members don't see this ad.

Girl with tattoo is just an advertisement for a 3-some... can't get any better than thattt! :soexcited

Well, her definition of 3-some may differ from yours. Could be she expects the 3rd to be another guy.

(Needs an :awkward: emoticon.)

Have a good time, cowboy. :)

re: coprolalia

You know, not everyone who gets a tattoo is doing it because they want to be badass/unique/cool/show how unique they are... And not everyone who gets them has a low socioeconomic status... What if you're getting one simply because you think it's pretty and it suits your personal sense of fashion and style? What if you don't care about peer pressure? In fact, I have a friend (who just so happens to be a budding ophthamologist) who got a small celtic-indian flower on her lower back, and I agree with her that it's just very pretty. Made me tempted to get one too. They say if you're tempted, think about it for 1-2 years before you do it to make sure since it's permanent. Although tattooing can turn into an addiction and some people do it for the cool factor, some just do it because they want to... And in that case, I don't think it reflects their character or education, and it can't be judged anymore than a shirt that may not be your style can. In fact, one of the things I've learned is never to judge people on their appearance... many times they will surprise you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some of u guys need to take the stick out of ur a ss. Girl with tattoo is just an advertisement for a 3-some... can't get any better than thattt! :soexcited: ...however doing something like that that is completely unacceptable as a doctor. :whistle:

the 3-some or the tattoo?

re: coprolalia

You know, not everyone who gets a tattoo is doing it because they want to be badass/unique/cool/show how unique they are... And not everyone who gets them has a low socioeconomic status... What if you're getting one simply because you think it's pretty and it suits your personal sense of fashion and style? What if you don't care about peer pressure? In fact, I have a friend (who just so happens to be a budding ophthamologist) who got a small celtic-indian flower on her lower back, and I agree with her that it's just very pretty. Made me tempted to get one too. They say if you're tempted, think about it for 1-2 years before you do it to make sure since it's permanent. Although tattooing can turn into an addiction and some people do it for the cool factor, some just do it because they want to... And in that case, I don't think it reflects their character or education, and it can't be judged anymore than a shirt that may not be your style can. In fact, one of the things I've learned is never to judge people on their appearance... many times they will surprise you.

So, wouldn't this fall under the 'unique' category in Copros' rubric? :smuggrin:

Seems like some people care a lot about something that doesn't affect them at all

Man, the bullsh*t starts to get pretty thick around here pretty fast....

(1) See my criteria #1 above.
(2) I would never do that... to your face.
(3) No, it's not. This is what we call the "straw man" logical fallacy. Getting a tattoo is a personal choice for putting an indelible, permanent advertisement for the world to see regarding something otherwise personal about yourself. Contrary to that, a person who is African American cannot make the choice about the color of their skin. Likewise, a person who practices Islam can be from any variety of country or nationality that has nothing to do with terrorism. Now, if that black physician wore baggy pants, had gold teeth, and sported a sideways NY Yankees hat while walking around the hospital going "Yo, yo, yo bitches!" he wouldn't inspire confidence either. Likewise, if that Islamic person wore a robe and a turban and let his beard grow to his navel, while strolling the wards, the same holds true.
(4) No, but it advertises to the world to other people how you both (a) view yourself and (b) tells them something about your worldview.

And, don't tell me that you don't cover up your tattoos at work. You know you do.

You are talking rationalizations or second-order reasons. I'm talking about the primary personal intention for displaying a permanent advertisement about one's self, and I am not wrong.

You're a liar.

Tattoos are not classy. Most intelligent people (i.e., who are not trailer park trash, a stripper, or a biker) regret having gotten them years down the line. And, they will then rationalize having done so when they were younger (i.e., I was young, dumb, and full of cum) because there's not much else they can do at that point.

Truth hurts, I know. But, I asked a 20-something nurse recently (who had a full sleeve) how she thought that was going to look when she was sixty. She looked at me like I was speaking Chinese.

Don't be pissed at me for telling you how the vast majority of the population views people with tattoos. You should be appreciating my candor instead. I don't couch the truth in pleasantries. At the same time, tattoo you're entire body head-to-toe if you want. No one is stopping you. This is a free country. Just don't expect me to like you, respect you, or think you are "awesome" for doing it.

-copro

People who think and act differently than you seem to make you uncomfortable....a consistent theme running through your posts....

- morpheus md

Last edited:
your reason is the only valid one. Condolences on your loss.

A4MD - Your fortitude is an absolute inspiration. Please know that even in this random and anonymous world, Riley has left an impression on my life. She has affected the way I view my children, and taught me patience with them. I'd wager I'm not the only one.

You're right. Those of us who have never lost a child could ever know what you have gone through. I pray that I never have to go through what you have been through. You appear to be a very strong person and my heart goes out to you.

I respect that. And, in no way would I ever claim the arrogance to know what you are going through, or otherwise even remotely presume to understand your loss. We each cope with tragedy in our own particular way. And, each of us has lost a loved one or otherwise some respected and treasured person in our lives, and each of us chooses our own way to cope. Provided that we are ultimately able to move on with our own lives and not overly dwell on loss to the extent that it impairs our daily function, there is no "wrong" way to do this.

Thanks for the support, everyone. :)

It's been eight months without her as of today. I think about Riley all day every day but today has been more emotional than usual. I miss her and love her so much...

People who think and act differently than you seem to make you uncomfortable....a consistent theme running through your posts....

- morpheus md

Uncomfortable? No. I could care less what people do to themselves. If you actually read my other posts, that's one of the key "consistent themes" you would see. Just don't expect me to accept it, abide it, endorse it, promote it, pay for it, or otherwise pat you on the back for it. Just because individuals are allowed to do something doesn't mean that everyone else should applaud.

Bottom line, I just call 'em like I see 'em... and my life experience has told me that I've probably thought longer and harder about things I have a strong opinion on than most other people who share their's. And, most of the time, my opinion firmly jibes and coincides with a pretty consistent, predictable reality.

So, you can call me the "Judge Judy" or "Lisa Lampanelli" of this forum... those two women can be brutal, but they have more balls than most men. In fact, you can call me whatever you want. I really don't give a flying ****.

:)

-copro

Uncomfortable? No. I could care less what people do to themselves. If you actually read my other posts, that's one of the key "consistent themes" you would see. Just don't expect me to accept it, abide it, endorse it, promote it, pay for it, or otherwise pat you on the back for it. Just because individuals are allowed to do something doesn't mean that everyone else should applaud.

Bottom line, I just call 'em like I see 'em... and my life experience has told me that I've probably thought longer and harder about things I have a strong opinion on than most other people who share their's. And, most of the time, my opinion firmly jibes and coincides with a pretty consistent, predictable reality.

So, you can call me the "Judge Judy" or "Lisa Lampanelli" of this forum... those two women can be brutal, but they have more balls than most men. In fact, you can call me whatever you want. I really don't give a flying ****.

:)

-copro

I'm starting to wonder why everyone is expending so much time and energy on copro. Face it: He's not going to budge on his opinion. And if he chooses not to like me/respect me/doubt my abilities because of my tattoos, his loss. Have a great day (even you, copro!).

I'm starting to wonder why everyone is expending so much time and energy on copro. Face it: He's not going to budge on his opinion. And if he chooses not to like me/respect me/doubt my abilities because of my tattoos, his loss. Have a great day (even you, copro!).

You post because you have a need to have your point of view at least heard and hopefully, for you, respected. I post for the same reasons. We all engage in forums for that reason, as well as to (perhaps) shed some new on subject matter.

The difference in motive only becomes relevant with regards to how persuasive the argument is, and frustration arises when someone doesn't immediately gratify your belief or position.

Bottom line is that none of you people know who I am. And, because of that, I feel a slightly higher degree of freedom to tell you how I and many other people, who aren't stuck in the politically correct "real" world here, truly feel about particular subject matter.

Your best response is not to post at all. Attention, positive or negative, is a form of validation, whether you intend it or not.

-copro

You post because you have a need to have your point of view at least heard and hopefully, for you, respected. I post for the same reasons. We all engage in forums for that reason, as well as to (perhaps) shed some new on subject matter.

The difference in motive only becomes relevant with regards to how persuasive the argument is, and frustration arises when someone doesn't immediately gratify your belief or position.

Bottom line is that none of you people know who I am. And, because of that, I feel a slightly higher degree of freedom to tell you how I and many other people, who aren't stuck in the politically correct "real" world here, truly feel about particular subject matter.

Your best response is not to post at all. Attention, positive or negative, is a form of validation, whether you intend it or not.

-copro

If my point of view is heard, great, and respected, even better! But if not, my feelings aren't hurt. My only point was that some of the posters seem to be passionate about changing your opinion, copro, which obviously won't happen. If the attention helps you feel validated, good for you.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Not saying that you're evil. Saying that negative attention is necessary when one disagrees, especially when one strongly disagrees. You let people run wild with wrong ideas, and bad things might ensue.

Plus, wisdom is knowing how little we know, right? One can hope forum discussions would at least lead us to think about our opinions once more and make sure we still agree with them.

For someone who doesn't care about what others think, you nicely backpeddled on this one.

Good, you have a heart. But, yes, your post totally diminished how he chose to honor his child

On my part, I am enjoying a totally white trash evening after making it through an off-pump nightmare: gourmet Peruvian tapas and 15 yr old Glenlivet-

Not only am I fierce looking but I am a white trash, carbon copy!

I respect that. And, in no way would I ever claim the arrogance to know what you are going through, or otherwise even remotely presume to understand your loss. We each cope with tragedy in our own particular way. And, each of us has lost a loved one or otherwise some respected and treasured person in our lives, and each of us chooses our own way to cope. Provided that we are ultimately able to move on with our own lives and not overly dwell on loss to the extent that it impairs our daily function, there is no "wrong" way to do this.

Just because I don't personally understand why you would honor your daughter in this way doesn't mean I necessarily diminish it. It is just different. And, in your own way of viewing the world, understandable. Likewise, I would only hope that that you would understand that you did this for yourself, and that equally you would not demonstrate the arrogance of expecting everyone else to understand and accept, de facto and because of its thematic nature, your decision to express your loss in this way.

-copro

I think we should all log into Obama's next internet Town Hall Meeting and ask what he thinks...

Just to throw a curve in it... is there a double standard when it comes to:

Guys with tats

Vs.

Chicks with tats

??????

For someone who doesn't care about what others think, you nicely backpeddled on this one.

Well, first off, I don't care what others - in this case, y'all bunch of strangers - thinks about me. Obviously, I hope to dissuade people on the fence from getting a tattoo, which is my primary stern argument here (and, yes, thanks for validating me.)

Secondly, I liked this...

You let people run wild with wrong ideas, and bad things might ensue.

Tattoos are, in no other terms, a bad idea. I posted plenty of data to show why. And, there's even more out there (about infections, dye reactions, etc.) that further back-up my point.

This isn't about me, peeps. But, thanks for trying to make it that way. You're doing a great job of further inflating an already large ego. :)

-copro

Last edited:
I am just glad I thought it through a little further when I was on the table about to get my "Vanilla Ice" tattoo. He was so awesome...Was.
Instead, I opted for the Elvis tattoo. I opted for the fat Elvis. I will tell you, he has gotten just a bit fatter over the years.

Last edited:
i would just feel pretty hesitant if say i had a dentist/dental hygienest/health care worker with any type of tattoo trying to do any type of invasive procedure on me. as a patient, i won't really care what the tatt exemplifies (military service, remembrance, etc.) i just won't care, but the fact that he has one will make me think twice about going to him/her in the future. that's just my opinion.

although i do like tatts on slutty girls...and a tongue ring would be a bonus.:love:

I think that tats on women are sort of like purple crayon on the Mona Lisa, you know? The ideal can only get jacked up by adding to it. Men who care we are ass ugly anyway. It is all the aesthetics.

I think that tats on women are sort of like purple crayon on the Mona Lisa, you know? The ideal can only get jacked up by adding to it. Men who care we are ass ugly anyway. It is all the aesthetics.

That's the most brilliant thing said on this entire thread.

-copro