Let's talk OB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sure, some superfat OSA guy or gal has a relatively uncomplicated surgery and needs some NIPPV in the PACU to wake up for a couple hrs? No big deal.

A repeat section in a BMI 69, severe OSA, pre-E, frank pulmonary edema, can hear "gurgling" when she talks, on diuretics, can't lie flat, and who is going to autotranfuse/fluid shift a large volume after delivery....should probably go to the ICU imo.
For sure. In this case I think the odds of patient flying are pretty low. Luckily the OP had a good outcome/

Members don't see this ad.

I'll add one:
26 weeker, APH, footling beach, you and midwife are transferring her to theatre from the emergency department when power goes out. You're in an elevator, stuck between floors. No IV, no equipment, no warm blankets, etc. She's pushing and bleeding.
I’d say you could take your pants off and use them to catch and keep the baby warm, but I imagine they were already pretty thoroughly soiled at this point.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users