LECOM-Erie Class of 2011!!! part II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's weird...I have BCBS also and they did not cover it! I wonder why...:confused:

BCBS covered everything for me. My doctor drew titers since they couldn't find the paperwork...it turned out I wasn't immune to mumps, but the rest of the MMR shot worked. Good thing they checked I guess.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
has anyone seen a costco or knows if there is one in erie
i know there is a sams club, but i was hoping for a costco.

thanks

If you look on the website for costco you'll see there isn't one for over 50 miles.

Members don't see this ad :)
You must have heard me in the line asking about it. Beer distributors, six pack houses......I came from a place where you could buy beer at the gas station, grocery store, school, church.

You must have heard me in the line asking about it. Beer distributors, six pack houses......I came from a place where you could buy beer at the gas station, grocerey store, school, church.

AMEN!

God help you if you want to buy some wine after 8pm. I also find it a bit peculiar that you can get a draft beer to go at the beer store, but you can only legally purchase a 12 pack "per visit."

I'm still totally confused about buying beer in Erie. If you want a 6 pack or something people go to bars and that's where you get them??? That's what people told my boyfriend and I as we went to THREE places one night trying to get hard cider instead of beer for a change. And noone had any.

Then there are these mysterious "beer distributor" places....we wound up at some weird shack looking place with no doors where there was some beer, and it was not a bar. Is this a beer distributor?

In MD, liquor/beer/wine are all in one store. Very simple.

You could always drive to Buffalo or Cleveland :lol:

Hmmm I've lived in PA since I was 8 and I never realized how weird it is to buy liquor/beer...Guess that explains why we went to Delaware for our alcohol...

Tinseltown on Rotunda Dr. has Simpsons at 7, 7:35, and 9:20 on Friday night.

As far as the watering hole situation.... yeah, in Texas you could still have open alcohol containers in the car up til about 6 years ago, surprisingly. There do seem to be several great pubs in Erie, though! State street has a few down close to the water front.... like Plymouth Tavern, Molly Brannigan's... there's also a more pricey Martini Lounge on 13th. I haven't tried any place yet, but would def be up for some exploring! AIM: viobio2

Oh, yeah... has anybody heard more about the student insurance? I submitted the one form they sent out with the health forms, but is there supposed to be anything else? When do we pay for the policy?

I was told that I will get a bill for the insurance but I don't know when. The policy goes into effect on August 1st.

I believe the insurance premium is taken out of your loans.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) insurance is taken out of your loans

2) The beer situation is VERY odd. Beer 4 Less on the corner of Peach and 38th is great but you can only buy 24 packs. There's 6 pack house of beer on Peach near LECOM. Then there's a liquor store in the liberty plaza for wine/ hard alcohol, as well as one near the CVS on 38th on the corner of Pine. There's more, but that's where we usually go.

3) Matthew's Trattoria and Martini Lounge on 13th is awesome but quite expensive.

4) There's quite a few bars downtown as well as some decent ones closer to LECOM so no one will go thirsty...I'd take advantage of those ASAP, only a few days of freedom left!

Hey guys...I just graduated from LECOM and will be helping out at your orientation on Saturday. If you have any questions PM me

Simpsons movie, Friday night, 7:30, Tinseltown off Rotunda Dr. Who's in?

I plan to avoid the Friday night movie-going crowd and subsequent lines by catching the 2:30 show at the same place.

I plan to avoid the Friday night movie-going crowd and subsequent lines by catching the 2:30 show at the same place.

I'd be good with that. Besides, we'll get matinee prices! ;) Do y'all want to meet out front at like 2:15 ish?

i really hope ralph has a large presence in the movie! i'll be there at 215 with bells on

I'm in for the movie as well.

yeah lunch sounds good...there is a panera right next to the movie theater?

"you cho cho chooose me"

I would be down for going to lunch, and then leave before the Simpsons :) Thank you Mark for starting this so Phill has someone to see it with and I don't have to!

Dear lord this orientation quiz crap stinks!

After I completed the first 2 quizzes and read the third part, the computer said I hadn't completed the first two. I had to retake them over.

Does anyone know if the Quiz they have scheduled for the last day of orientation is for those who have not taken the online quiz. Or is it actually a quiz over the material we learned during Orientation? If it is the latter I can already hear the books beckoning me with their siren like call!

Hey all. I haven't been active on SDN for sometime now...

Anyways the Simpsons movie in the afternoon sounds like a great idea. How many people are going?

I'm up for lunch as well, no movie though. What time is everyone meeting for lunch? At Panera?

I'm up for lunch as well, no movie though. What time is everyone meeting for lunch? At Panera?

Maybe 12:30 at Panera? Does that sound good? That'll give everyone plenty of time to fellowship before we head off for the great yellow epic... It sounds like we have about 7 or 8 people coming so far! I'm so stoked!:D

Maybe 12:30 at Panera? Does that sound good? That'll give everyone plenty of time to fellowship before we head off for the great yellow epic... It sounds like we have about 7 or 8 people coming so far! I'm so stoked!:D

Panera is usually swamped on Friday afternoons so 12:30 sounds good for a 2:30 movie. Look forward to seeing everyone!

on saturday for the open house, do the guys have to wear a suit or is a shirt and tie enough?

just wear a shirt and tie and dress pants to the open house. you only have to wear a suit here if you want to or if it is specifically required.

For the "open house" do guests also have to dress up? I would find it rather comical if that was required.

I was wondering that too. I told my boyfriend to bring dress clothes just to be safe.

Looks like I'm not going to make it to Panera. I am awaiting a package and if it's not here prior to 2pm, I won't be able to go to the movie either.

i called about guests "dressing up" for open house. i was told that "business casual" (no sneakers and no shorts, specifically) was required for guests and dresscode for students.

Anyone else having trouble getting their email account to work? It never took me into my account, I got an error message from the get go.

Edit: Fixed it! Stolen from Jenny's away message:

USERNAME:
lecomintra\firstname.lastname

not just firstname.lastname like it says on the paper. Thanks!

yeah, mine let's me in... sort of... it doesn't pop up with the normal Outlook screen. Then it keeps telling me I have "error number: -2147022675" Whatever that means....

Edit: nevermind....

I'm so hyped. Met with faculty and all of them are excellent! Provided wonderful insight in all aspects of medicine. Looking forward to Monday.

I have TMobile and dont get signal in LECOM. Does anyone get signal and if so, who is your carrier? thanks...

I have TMobile and dont get signal in LECOM. Does anyone get signal and if so, who is your carrier? thanks...

I have Verizon and get a signal at LECOM. Does anyone have Sprint, and do you get a good signal on campus?

Hey, everyone!

A little different situation here... my wife (DocHollyday) is actually the one who got into LECOM. But, after she viewed this thread one day at my computer at work, I've been coming back and reading it. We just moved in to Belle Village this past Friday, so we missed out on all of the gatherings you guys have had to this point, but we would LOVE to meet some people! I know that classes start today, but please keep posting whenever there are any sort of gatherings, so us "significant others" can have things to do while you students are constantly studying! :)

I know somewhere earlier in this thread (or at least the first part of it) someone had posted asking if anyone knew how to play euchre. We LOVE to play euchre!! It's exciting to see that someone else will be around who knows how to play!

Anyway, we hope to meet some of you soon. I don't know when the next "gathering" would be, but like I said, we are definitely looking forward to meeting people. Good luck on the first week of classes to all the students!

Hey everyone :hello:! I am also new at this site, and just moved into my place in Brookwood Village (Belle Valley), and am looking forward to meeting everyone. Is anyone else living there? My advisor was shocked that I am living so far (~10 min) from campus.