Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
looks like I am going to have to hurry up and find a new DO LOR before these guys interview..... My last resort back out on me...

It looks like I may be in the same boat as you. I have been asking a DO for almost four months for a letter with no response. I am starting to hedge my bets and look for another DO to shadow for a couple of days. I hope I can get it done before the end of July. Although it will be difficult because I am camping with the family for the next three days. Despite just getting verified last week and released Tuesday. I still have three secondaries to finish that I got yesterday. Argh!!!

dsoz

Members don't see this ad.

It looks like I may be in the same boat as you. I have been asking a DO for almost four months for a letter with no response. I am starting to hedge my bets and look for another DO to shadow for a couple of days. I hope I can get it done before the end of July. Although it will be difficult because I am camping with the family for the next three days. Despite just getting verified last week and released Tuesday. I still have three secondaries to finish that I got yesterday. Argh!!!

dsoz

Not sure if the DO is a male or female but someone here on SDN said flowers for the staff and a thank you card did the trick for them. Prior to that gesture they had been waiting for a while with no response.

You might want to see if you can shadow them again as a refresher.

AHHHH..... The damn DO pranked me... He just uploaded the LOR to interfolio and sent me an email titled.... JK.... Got ya...

WTF? ....

23730516.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Ton's of schools offer online classes and psychology is a pretty common one.

Good call, they said I just have to take the two classes before July 1, 2013. If I decide on LECOM before the spring semester or if I'm on a wait list/still waiting to hear I'll just take them online from a community college. Thanks for the help guys!

Just got an email saying, "The Office of Admissions at LECOM Bradenton has processed your supplemental application. " FINALLY!!

The Portal has also been updated and I can see what pre-reqs I need still. I am assuming I don't need all those to be accepted but just to matriculate, right?

LECOM-Erie(where I am not yet processed grr...) has started interview invites so hopefully Bradenton is up next!

Just got an email saying, "The Office of Admissions at LECOM Bradenton has processed your supplemental application. " FINALLY!!

The Portal has also been updated and I can see what pre-reqs I need still. I am assuming I don't need all those to be accepted but just to matriculate, right?

LECOM-Erie(where I am not yet processed grr...) has started interview invites so hopefully Bradenton is up next!

All coursework needs to be completed prior to matriculation.

so quiet in here lately....

good news to come today? it is Friday after all :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish there was some kind of alert I could get from SDN when LECOM-B starts interviews. I'm gonna get busted at work for checking every other minute

Interview invite! Sent in secondary 7/2/12 ..3.46/3.26/29Q and also on 8/22

good grief..so many people with ridic stats getting itnerviews..you guys make me insecure about mine lol

Why are you applying to DO schools:confused:

The 35 is a retake. I submitted my app a week after I retook a 28 with a 5 in verbal so I didn't know my score. Plus I am somewhat interested in osteopathic medicine.

Did you receive interview invites early this morning, or just now?

The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made. Your file is currently on hold and will be reviewed again when MCAT scores have been received by AACOMAS.

Guess I shouldn't have said that I was re-taking...

29O on first MCAT

The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made. Your file is currently on hold and will be reviewed again when MCAT scores have been received by AACOMAS.

Guess I shouldn't have said that I was re-taking...

29O on first MCAT
+1

They did the same thing to me. In the email they say having a 24 is competitive, and I was like I have a higher score lol.

hey guys, question, if you receive an interview from lecom erie, can you also receive an interview invite from bradenton or is it exclusive to one. i did the secondaries for both and received an invite to lecom erie.

thanks!

hey guys, question, if you receive an interview from lecom erie, can you also receive an interview invite from bradenton or is it exclusive to one. i did the secondaries for both and received an invite to lecom erie.

thanks!

Yeah you can get interviews at both. They are separate schools with separate adcoms.

good grief..so many people with ridic stats getting itnerviews..you guys make me insecure about mine lol

+1. After seeing those stats I think my stomach dropped haha. Congrats everyone. Hopefully some more interviews invites are coming

FYI must have just happened in the last hour bc I check it pretty often... More IIs must be coming! Good Luck All!

Interview on Friday the 24th! Is anyone interested in sharing a hotel room down there? I haven't looked into hotels and stuff yet but I'm trying to stay as close to the interview as possible in a hotel with an average 3-star or 4-star rating. PM me!

Interview invite for 8/24. Didn't get an email so check the portal! 3.34s 3.56c 29L. Processed 7/20

Interview invite for 8/22! I haven't received an email yet either -- I simply checked the portal (thanks for the heads-up, Napoletana).

Anyway, this is very good news indeed -- I was starting to think there was something seriously wrong with my personal statement or w/e.

Stats: 3.42 / 30P

Mine still says:

"We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."

Sad face.

Mine still says received supplemental as well. Everyone who's gotten an invite so far has higher stats than me though, so that could be a factor. I feel like for a PBL-only program they'd want people who don't need as much guidance and therefore potentially want more applicants who have higher GPA/MCAT? My hypothesis.

Mine still says received supplemental as well. Everyone who's gotten an invite so far has higher stats than me though, so that could be a factor. I feel like for a PBL-only program they'd want people who don't need as much guidance and therefore potentially want more applicants who have higher GPA/MCAT? My hypothesis.

This might be true. But also remember that the secondary didn't have any essays so numbers probably play a bigger role.

Don't know if it matters, but my Lecom Erie hasn't processed yet, but I got processed pretty quickl here and have an invite now

I sent a letter of intent detailing my knowledge of and desire to study PBL... I think it's important especially since they don't have an essay. FYI I also received an email like 6 hours after my portal change... There is an email address to confirm the date.

Where on the portal do you see if you have an interview invite or not?

And boom goes the dynamite! :boom:

Just got an invite for LECOM-B for August 27th! (My app was processed into their system on 6/23)

Anybody else interviewing that day?

And boom goes the dynamite! :boom:

Just got an invite for LECOM-B for August 27th! (My app was processed into their system on 6/23)

Anybody else interviewing that day?

I'm interviewing on August 24th, which happens to be MY BIRTHDAY!!!! Wujuuuu!!!! Hopefully that will bring me luck!
Congrats to all with interviews!

Just added LECOM-B to my list! Pretty excited about it :)

Does anyone know if LECOM B has any instate preference?