Kansas State (KSU) c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seems most people are getting waitlisted for interviews rather than rejected so... I'm functionally treating this as a rejection.
Crushed honestly. I thought KSU was one of the schools I had a good shot at so I'm not looking forward to subsequent news.
Same. I really thought I had a shot here. And I love the school so much. I’m crushed. I got interview waitlisted but I’m not very hopeful.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
OOS interview! I’m half shocked as this is my 4th application cycle and 3rd time applying at KSU. Previously I got rejected from them without an interview.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invites are this month according to the website! Anyone know if we should expect them early, mid or late November?

I woke up to mine this morning, check your email! and happy thanksgiving

OOS interview invite! Does anyone know how many applicants are selected to interview?

Reactions: 2 users
mine isn’t working either, they sent an updated link but that is also not working
I emailed them a bit ago saying that it wasn't working. They replied and said they're going to work on getting a working link soon!

Reactions: 1 user
OOS interview invite! Does anyone know how many applicants are selected to interview?

Last year they had around 1500 applicants and invited just over 400 for interviews so I’d imagine it’s pretty similar this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year they had around 1500 applicants and invited just over 400 for interviews so I’d imagine it’s pretty similar this year.
Oof that makes me feel worse about not getting an invite honestly.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Well I just got rejected. Just received the email at 12:39. (Reason was gpa related). I cannot figure out why I got that email about my preferences on interviews only to get rejected now. I wish you all the best. I have a feeling this cycle is going to just like the last two and that being a vet isn’t really an attainable option. Which is unfortunate given the absolute need there is in the industry. I have too many credit hours so everything is getting diluted at this point. So looks like applied animal behaviorist route instead of veterinary behaviorist for me. I’m devastated. Hopefully you all have a brighter future!!!
Take a minute and breathe. I understand the devastation you are feeling, it never gets easier. However, what is meant to be will be! Never give up on your dreams!

Kinda seems like everyone was waitlisted for an interview rather than rejected outright which makes me very not hopeful about being called off :/

• Care
OOS in-person interview invite! For those whose link was also not working, have you been sent an updated/functioning link yet? Trying to figure out when I should email because I need to book a flight lol

I have no idea and is it possible to change my interview from online to in person?

OOS in-person interview invite! For those whose link was also not working, have you been sent an updated/functioning link yet? Trying to figure out when I should email because I need to book a flight lol
I emailed back yesterday and got a response that they were aware of the issue and they would resend one out.
Yesterday was a Holiday, hopefully we’ll get the corrected link Monday.

OOS rejection:( kind of disappointed I got the initial interview preference email which got my hopes up and then the rejection email at 1am on thanksgiving. Seems kind of messy

OOS rejection:( kind of disappointed I got the initial interview preference email which got my hopes up and then the rejection email at 1am on thanksgiving. Seems kind of messy
It is kind of weird tbh and it seems like it would create more work for them to sift through the preferences for a bunch of people who weren't getting an interview

*new here*
I received a KSU interview via zoom, but rejected from TAMU. 😔 I know there was a clause that said they preferred "in person" but is zoom still okay? I assumed it was because I am a Virginia resident.

*new here*
I received a KSU interview via zoom, but rejected from TAMU. 😔 I know there was a clause that said they preferred "in person" but is zoom still okay? I assumed it was because I am a Virginia resident.
I’m not sure you’re able to change whether the interview is in-person or on zoom except for emergency situations. An interview is an interview!

*new here*
I am also a VA resident. I received an in person one because that was what I selected for my preferences in the email last Tuesday. It might just be an availability thing, not necessarily an OOS applicant thing.

Im from NJ and I received an in person one even though I requested to do virtual. I actually want to visit because Kansas is my #2!

I am also a VA resident. I received an in person one because that was what I selected for my preferences in the email last Tuesday. It might just be an availability thing, not necessarily an OOS applicant thing.
I selected one via zoom and the other in person, so I suppose they needed to fill some areas! While I wish I was personally visiting campus, I suppose it beats having to book a plane ticket. 😆 Best of luck on your interview!

I’m not sure you’re able to change whether the interview is in-person or on zoom except for emergency situations. An interview is an interview!
You are correct on that one! This is my 3rd time overall applying and first time for KSU. I was shocked when I received the invite.

Lol just receive a clarification email regarding the waitlist, for a second thought I got pulled off waitlist

Wow they really wanted to stop my heart sending out an email titled "alternate interview position" and then it's just general info.
I appreciate the clarification but maybe "alternate interview clarification" would've been less soul crushing once you realized they aren't offering you a spot.

Reactions: 5 users
so on thanksgiving I received a rejection. But then about 15 mins later they emailed and said there was a mistake, my GPA will be recalculated and I’m put back in the pool. They said they’d let me know if my application warranted an interview as soon as possible. I haven’t heard anything. Should I give up hope? I don’t think they will be doing another wave of invites, right?

so on thanksgiving I received a rejection. But then about 15 mins later they emailed and said there was a mistake, my GPA will be recalculated and I’m put back in the pool. They said they’d let me know if my application warranted an interview as soon as possible. I haven’t heard anything. Should I give up hope? I don’t think they will be doing another wave of invites, right?
They said they will let you know so i guess the best thing to do is wait and not anticipate a rejection. You still have a whole week ahead.

This sounds like something you should follow up with the school about. I’d send an email asking for clarification about your admissions status so you aren’t left hanging in limbo.

Reactions: 4 users
So, bit of a topic change: OOS with an in person interview. Has anyone decided what to wear for the reception thing? It’s the night before for me, so I don't want to wear the same thing I'm wearing for interviews the next day!

So, bit of a topic change: OOS with an in person interview. Has anyone decided what to wear for the reception thing? It’s the night before for me, so I don't want to wear the same thing I'm wearing for interviews the next day!
Where did you see something about a reception?

I'm probably going to bring something a little more business casual? I'm in the same boat as you lol. I definitely don't want to make the wrong impression by wearing jeans or something more casual so probably a pair of slacks and a blouse or a nice dress.

I feel like business casual would be appropriate. It’s supposed to be like a Q&A and they aren’t serving dinner
I’m pretty sure the idea was that we might all mingle and explore Manhattan afterwards together!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got called off the interview wait-list! Super excited 😆

• Love
Reactions: 8 users