Kansas State (KSU) c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh good, now I'm in the hotel. So much more time to... Sit and stare at my email longingly.
LOL Same! I think my fiancé may confiscate my phone if I keep this up

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So it’s 7:20 pm in Kansas now so maybe there’s still a chance they’ll send it today? Or should we give up already😭

Well everyone, time to enjoy thanksgiving day. see y'all back here in five days

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wish they would've at least updated us on timeline change given their last email definitely says this week.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m distracting myself with wine and Netflix. But I need an email… I’m so nervous/anxious

6 pages of my 10 page paper have been done with anxious frantic typing in the last 5 hours 😅

Reactions: 1 users
Proof that you can thrive under pressure! What’s the topic?
I write everything under intense pressure :rofl: The spread of Heterobilharzia americana and the resultant veterinary implications, is my topic! It is really fun, but I bit off a lot and am slowly regretting it 😅

• Care
I write everything under intense pressure :rofl: The spread of Heterobilharzia americana and the resultant veterinary implications, is my topic! It is really fun, but I bit off a lot and am slowly regretting it 😅
That sounds interesting. What class is it for?

I'm in a graduate parasitology course!
That sounds so incredibly cool! I always liked parasitology stuff. I worked at the VDL at UIUC CVM. Lots of cool stuff. I’m in a graduate shelter medicine program. I just finished a big 100 pt final project yesterday and I’m still unsure how I did it exactly lol. You’ll get this paper done!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
That sounds so incredibly cool! I always liked parasitology stuff. I worked at the VDL at UIUC CVM. Lots of cool stuff. I’m in a graduate shelter medicine program. I just finished a big 100 pt final project yesterday and I’m still unsure how I did it exactly lol. You’ll get this paper done!
OOOOOOH are you in UF's Maddie's Fund program? I graduated in May!

OOOOOOH are you in UF's Maddie's Fund program? I graduated in May!
It’s a Distance Ed masters program at UF. I wasn’t aware that it was affiliated with Maddie’s Fund but that makes sense lol. Congrats on graduating. I just got accepted in July. I’m finishing up my first term. Trying to decide what courses to take next semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn’t someone say on page one of this forum that they received the email about asking for interview preferences but never got an interview. Is it possible that all of us qualified applicants were just not selected to receive the interview invite email? Just playing devils advocate here.

Didn’t someone say on page one of this forum that they received the email about asking for interview preferences but never got an interview. Is it possible that all of us qualified applicants were just not selected to receive the interview invite email? Just playing devils advocate here.
They would still send us rejection emails. In my opinion if you’re having all interviews at once, it doesn’t make sense to hold rejections until after interviews. They would theoretically send them at the same time

They would still send us rejection emails. In my opinion if you’re having all interviews at once, it doesn’t make sense to hold rejections until after interviews. They would theoretically send them at the same time
Yeah but people who make it through the first cut might get the preference email. And then only a portion actually get interviewed… so we could just statistically be the group out in limbo until their next cut.. not sure why they would’ve wanted our preferences though if they weren’t going to offer interviews at all to us. Theoretically speaking. I think I’m working through the steps of grief and acceptance while waiting for the email lol

Yeah but people who make it through the first cut might get the preference email. And then only a portion actually get interviewed… so we could just statistically be the group out in limbo until their next cut.. not sure why they would’ve wanted our preferences though if they weren’t going to offer interviews at all to us. Theoretically speaking. I think I’m working through the steps of grief and acceptance while waiting for the email lol

I hope I can ease your fears in saying absolutely no one I know received anything from them and I’m a current first year! I am just like yall in terms of knowing when an email will come though
I remember how stressed I was a year ago when I was in your shoes! Now all you can do is bust out the stretchy pants, enjoy the holiday, and be proud of all of the accomplishments that have gotten you here!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm in a graduate parasitology course!
I LOVE parasitology! My master’s thesis was about Eimeria spp. and other parasites found in backyard chicken flocks!
It would be a dream to become a clinical veterinary parasitologist 😍

• Love
Just got the email, was waitlisted for an interview.

• Care
Well I just got rejected. Just received the email at 12:39. (Reason was gpa related). I cannot figure out why I got that email about my preferences on interviews only to get rejected now. I wish you all the best. I have a feeling this cycle is going to just like the last two and that being a vet isn’t really an attainable option. Which is unfortunate given the absolute need there is in the industry. I have too many credit hours so everything is getting diluted at this point. So looks like applied animal behaviorist route instead of veterinary behaviorist for me. I’m devastated. Hopefully you all have a brighter future!!!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just got an email a couple minutes ago that I was being placed on an interview waitlist 😂. I am relieved to have some kind of news but not at 1 in the morning. Best of luck to the rest of ya'll with the rest of this cycle!!

• Care
I was placed on the waitlist. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
OOS placed on interview wait-list. Congrats to everyone who got an interview!

(They really did choose 1:00 a.m. on Thanksgiving day to send out their decisions 😅)

• Haha
OOS invited for an interview, but did they really need to send that at 1:30am on thanksgiving??? Like come on Kansas state

Well I just got rejected. Just received the email at 12:39. (Reason was gpa related). I cannot figure out why I got that email about my preferences on interviews only to get rejected now. I wish you all the best. I have a feeling this cycle is going to just like the last two and that being a vet isn’t really an attainable option. Which is unfortunate given the absolute need there is in the industry. I have too many credit hours so everything is getting diluted at this point. So looks like applied animal behaviorist route instead of veterinary behaviorist for me. I’m devastated. Hopefully you all have a brighter future!!!
Please stay hopeful my friend. I know exactly how you feel. I received an interview request for KSU, but lately I’ve been doubting myself because I have been rejected from several schools. I’ve spend the last few days full blown crying in my car because this process is extremely overwhelming. I was rejected from my top schools A&M and Texas tech, within the last two days, and those rejection letters felt like I was being stabbed in the gut. I cried in a parking lot for over an hour today when I saw the rejection email from Texas tech. The worst part was that neither school bothered to say why I was being rejected which hurt even more….

• Care
So I responded to the denial email because there was a portion about Ds ans Fs that was highlighted and I know that is not the case for my application. The assistant dean of admissions sent me an email right back and said that there was an error, retaken courses will be recalculated and my application is back in the pool. They will let me know if I am
eligible for an interview… so now I guess I wait.
I am seriously so numb. I cried for about an hour before I received that second email from her.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
So I responded to the denial email because there was a portion about Ds ans Fs that was highlighted and I know that is not the case for my application. The assistant dean of admissions sent me an email right back and said that there was an error, retaken courses will be recalculated and my application is back in the pool. They will let me know if I am
eligible for an interview… so now I guess I wait.
I am seriously so numb. I cried for about an hour before I received that second email from her.
I bet you will receive an interview request

I bet you will receive an interview request
That would honestly be incredible. I am cautiously hopeful. Has this ever happened to anyone? I wonder if this has happened in my past app cycles. I thought the whole point of VMCAS pre-req matching was to select the courses we wanted to submit for the requirements. Yes they still look at your transcripts but… I don’t know… I’m still numb.

Wild puppy, if we both get into KSU I’ll buy you a beer or a coffee or something. And do not sell yourself short. You are here for a reason. You’ve worked hard to be here. It is hard when you get passed over by your top choice. Iowa and my instate and alma mater illinois denied me on the same day. This process is incredibly challenging, stressful and anxiety inducing. But that does not mean we don’t deserve to stand here and have a fair chance. I wish I could take my own advice.

That would honestly be incredible. I am cautiously hopeful. Has this ever happened to anyone? I wonder if this has happened in my past app cycles. I thought the whole point of VMCAS pre-req matching was to select the courses we wanted to submit for the requirements. Yes they still look at your transcripts but… I don’t know… I’m still numb.

Wild puppy, if we both get into KSU I’ll buy you a beer or a coffee or something. And do not sell yourself short. You are here for a reason. You’ve worked hard to be here. It is hard when you get passed over by your top choice. Iowa and my instate and alma mater illinois denied me on the same day. This process is incredibly challenging, stressful and anxiety inducing. But that does not mean we don’t deserve to stand here and have a fair chance. I wish I could take my own advice.
I completely agree with you and if we are both accepted than we will definitely have to celebrate. Illinois rejected me 2 weeks ago

I completely agree with you and if we are both accepted then we will definitely have to celebrate. Illinois rejected me 2 weeks ago
Would love to celebrate if we both get in :) I’m sorry about Illinois. I know I should want to go to an in state school but after doing undergrad there, I was sort of hoping for a new campus so it was a blessing I guess to not get in there.

Right now I just have to focus on what I can control in the moment. That’s all anyone can do.

Would love to celebrate if we both get in :) I’m sorry about Illinois. I know I should want to go to an in state school but after doing undergrad there, I was sort of hoping for a new campus so it was a blessing I guess to not get in there.

Right now I just have to focus on what I can control in the moment. That’s all anyone can do.
I completely understand wanting to have a change of scenery and thanks. Stay strong

OOS interview waitlisted

Seems most people are getting waitlisted for interviews rather than rejected so... I'm functionally treating this as a rejection.
Crushed honestly. I thought KSU was one of the schools I had a good shot at so I'm not looking forward to subsequent news.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
OOS interview invite, I’ll be in person on Jan 13

Nothing like that coming out at 1am on Thanksgiving… time to go run my nerves out at the Turkey Trot.

It’s a Distance Ed masters program at UF. I wasn’t aware that it was affiliated with Maddie’s Fund but that makes sense lol. Congrats on graduating. I just got accepted in July. I’m finishing up my first term. Trying to decide what courses to take next semester.
That's the program I did, too! LOVED it. Sometimes I'm sad I graduated because it's over lol. I had a wonderful time.
Please stay hopeful my friend. I know exactly how you feel. I received an interview request for KSU, but lately I’ve been doubting myself because I have been rejected from several schools. I’ve spend the last few days full blown crying in my car because this process is extremely overwhelming. I was rejected from my top schools A&M and Texas tech, within the last two days, and those rejection letters felt like I was being stabbed in the gut. I cried in a parking lot for over an hour today when I saw the rejection email from Texas tech. The worst part was that neither school bothered to say why I was being rejected which hurt even more….
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was really shocked and hurt to be rejected from TTU and TAMU last cycle, and that was followed by rejections everywhere else. I'm hoping for better luck this cycle for both of us. Good luck with your Kansas State interview!

• Care
OOS invite for Jan 7! My “responding” link isn’t working…anyone else?

OOS Interview!! January 13 in-person!!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS Interview waitlist, got the email at 2 am. I am choosing to stay hopeful ❤

OOS waitlist, does this mean after the interview dates we were given to select from, we should consider this a rejection?

OOS waitlist, does anyone know around what month it’ll take them to decide if we are rejected or if they’ll extend an interview?

OOS waitlist, does this mean after the interview dates we were given to select from, we should consider this a rejection?
That’s what I was wondering. I also don’t see why people would give up their interview spot so I feel like it’s a rejection

OOS interview!!! so excited as i was rejected from all schools last year without an interview!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users