July 15 2009 scores rocket lunching thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sislo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is the official thread for scores released on July 15th.It opens officially at midnight or 11 am or whatever time it is.Please record your scores and hopefully we will break the 283 record obtained by some indian guy in 2003

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Score's in, it actually came in before the e-mail.

5/30: 258/99! :D

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
my score report is probably with the beef

Got mine - no email though. I just checked via my iPhone. Took the test 6/19. Got on the lower end of my practice scores, but happy with the result considering how crummy I felt after the exam.

Took it 6/22

free 150 1 week out = 94% = 267
nbme 3 half a week out = 269

real deal = 265

very happy

Last edited:
Score posted 11am.
Date taken: 6/22

Score = 243/99. :D

I'll take it! I came home that night and looked up about 25 of the questions from my test and had over half of them wrong...

Last NBME (6): 6/16 = 244
Clinical Review calculator prediction = 245 +/- 9
USMLE Avg Prediction: 2.44 (71) + 70 = 243.24

All of them were very close to the real deal. So close that it's a little eerie...

Members don't see this ad :)
Took V2 on 6/12 and came out with a 255/99 :D

I toke NBME version 1 half-way through my studying and my equivalent score was in the low 240s. I toke version 2 the week before my actual test and got a 630 which I think was equivalent to the low 250s so it was spot-on for me.

Good luck everyone and congrats on making it through this long and draining process!!!!

Score posted 11am.
Date taken: 6/22

Score = 243/99. :D

I'll take it! I came home that night and looked up about 25 of the questions from my test and had over half of them wrong...

Last NBME (6): 6/16 = 244
Clinical Review calculator prediction = 245 +/- 9
USMLE Avg Prediction: 2.44 (71) + 70 = 243.24

All of them were very close to the real deal. So close that it's a little eerie...
Congratulations dude! That should keep a lot of doors open. I feel like you've been the leader of the June folks here, nice to see you did well.

I always thought the NBMEs would be very predictive, which is why today seemed a little anticlimactic. I dropped just one point from my last NBME!

It looks like June 27th was the cutoff date. Anyone who took it before that day got scores today. Those of us who took it on the 27th or later are waiting at least another week. Good Luck

Congratulations dude! That should keep a lot of doors open. I feel like you've been the leader of the June folks here, nice to see you did well.

I always thought the NBMEs would be very predictive, which is why today seemed a little anticlimactic. I dropped just one point from my last NBME!

agreed all predictors were with in 3 pts of actual.

Congrats to you, deferox, and all the other june takers! The NBMEs were indeed very predictive, I scored a few points higher than my last NBME, but UWSA2 and the free 150 way over-estimated my score.

Thanks man, and same to you! I saw your score in the other thread. I also dropped just 1 point from my last NBME.

And I hear ya on that whole anticlimactic feeling. I mean, I'm happy, don't get me wrong, but there's little piece inside of me that would have loved to open up something shocking today like a 260, or for the NBME to have an error in grading my exam and give me something ridiculous like a 275. :laugh:

I gotta stay realistic though. I'm satisfied, and happy that life finally goes on.

Does anyone have handy the pdf showing residency match rates in the recent past? It was a very long pdf file that showed bar graphs of match/did not match field by field with criteria like USMLE score, # of publications, AOA, etc.?

I've seen the thing probably a dozen times, but now that I actually have my score I can't seem to find it. Figures.

Does anyone have handy the pdf showing residency match rates in the recent past? It was a very long pdf file that showed bar graphs of match/did not match field by field with criteria like USMLE score, # of publications, AOA, etc.?

I've seen the thing probably a dozen times, but now that I actually have my score I can't seem to find it. Figures.

http://www.nrmp.org/data/resultsanddata2009.pdf

Took it 6/10
Score posted 10AM CST
247/99

Only took the Uworld SA 1 = 244 - 2 weeks prior to actual exam
Uworld 100% - 65% cum...probably a 71% for the last 10 blocks or so
Clinical Review estimated me at a 249.

I'll post more in the official experiences thread later.

Congrats to everyone else!

I think you are talking about Charting Outcomes in the Match:
http://www.nrmp.org/data/chartingoutcomes2007.pdf

The file referenced above doesn't have the analysis by score and so forth.

238! super excited. I had a huge difference between practice and real deal (real was much better). still @ the hospital but will post more details later!

Congrats to everyone!!! These are some truly impressive and well-deserved scores! You should all be very proud of yourselves.

Any idea when the next batch will be released? Of course, I took mine on June 29, so I just missed this score report

Lol, Not trying to start a flame war or anything but it seems like there's a ridiculously high amount of score inflating over here . . . i know everyone likes to be a gunner but the avg is 220 folks - a pretty small percentage of folks score 240+ . . . Just my 2 cents. I come in peace :bow:

:troll:

Lol, Not trying to start a flame war or anything but it seems like there's a ridiculously high amount of score inflating over here . . . i know everyone likes to be a gunner but the avg is 220 folks - a pretty small percentage of folks score 240+ . . . Just my 2 cents. I come in peace :bow:

Have you ever heard of self-selection?

Yes, but I doubt the people on this forum are a well-representative sampling of all test takers.

my dean said reporting cut of is up to June 26, sorry if you took the test after that you have to wait some more.

just finished rounds and my resident made me check my score.

240/99.

i damn near tore off one of the locker doors next to me when i was celebrating.

Yes, but I doubt the people on this forum are a well-representative sampling of all test takers.

Agreed. Obviously,MOST of the people who didn't get an awesome SDN score will not post it or discuss their strategies. Plenty of med students will feel as "less", even though they don't show it around here. It is all about ego and pride.

On the other hand, congratulations to all of those who received a great score today, specially Deferoxamine, which has contributed a lot to this forum during the summer.

Best of luck to the remaining ones (me). :luck:

got my score... 249/99. omg you guys, the reality still hasn't hit me yet! My mom checked for me this morning since I was in rotations and so when she called me with the score, i didn't believe her and kept asking her if it was really a 249 or a 240... "are you sure that's a 9? it's not that i don't trust you mom, but are you sure that you're wearing your glasses?" haha. it's a nice feeling to have the exam over and done with... i nearly killed myself with all the studying (minimum of 17-18 hrs a day for almost 7 weeks, i tried to be superhuman but it was so tiring. I couldn't fall asleep unless I managed to reach my goal for the day though), now i can relax and sleep peacefully :) My last 2 NBME's were 244 and 243, so my actual exam score was pretty close (thank god those weird genetics questions were experimental, otherwise there's no way that I could have pulled off such a great score). Special thanks goes to odoole, I kept hearing your voice in my head throughout the exam and I think that saved me! Especially the biochem/micro questions, I was like... I remember her saying something about this!

Good luck to everyone who has yet to check their scores, or who have the test coming up..

Congrats to everybody who passed this insane exam, we're finally free!! Time to celebrate :D And congrats to nervous_ja for getting that 270 something... damnn that's an amazing score!

Last edited:
Am i the only one who got a sh-ty score (228)?? Please someone else post who also got crappy score.......then I will feel less bad.....

Hello pot, this is kettle. So you're saying you also inflated your posted 228 then ?

So after checking my score today I have to say I'm a bit dissappointed in the predictive power of the nbme's and Qbank. I didn't use USMLE world, so I can't speak to that.

march nbme: 205
June 12 nbme (5 days before test): 233

Qbank - 30% complete all random - avg 62%

Step 1 score: 239/99. I'm pretty shocked. It may not be a 255 like everyone else on this site seems to get, but I'm elated.

Side note for those who haven't taken it yet:
Be aware that the actual step is much tighter on time than Qbank or NBME sections. My plan was pretty simple - read first aid once, use kaplan books for extra path and pharm. I was finishing Qbank blocks with ~15mins to spare, and I had maybe 30 seconds left at the end of each actual step 1 block. I easily flagged 50% of my questions and i don't think I had time to review a single one all day. I felt like crap walking out of the test center, and I talked to my dean of students about what would happen if I failed. To doubt your performance is just the nature of the beast, try to stay positive.

OK, my score isnt as amazing as everyone else on here..but everyone always said I was going to do bad because verbal score predicted everything. I got a "6" on verbal on two MCAT sittings and only got into 1 school and applied to 40.

UWSA 1: 206
NBME 3: 223
NBME 4: 212
Real thing: 232/97

Im content, not ecstatic, but happy.
But most importantly, I'm transferring to a different medical school, and signed a lease already in a diff city...I guess I had some confidence I passed otherwise, it would suck...since my acceptance was contingent upon a passing board score.

Last edited: