July 15 2009 scores rocket lunching thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sislo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is the official thread for scores released on July 15th.It opens officially at midnight or 11 am or whatever time it is.Please record your scores and hopefully we will break the 283 record obtained by some indian guy in 2003

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
This is the official thread for scores released on July 15th.It opens officially at midnight or 11 am or whatever time it is.Please record your scores and hopefully we will break the 283 record obtained by some indian guy in 2003

Someone had to do it..... :laugh: I wish you all the best because you have worked your @sses off! :luck: :thumbup:

I could not imagine waiting more than 3 weeks for the score. I have been a guinea pig before, but you folks are being tortured!

I could not imagine waiting more than 3 weeks for the score. I have been a guinea pig before, but you folks are being tortured!

you mean 3 days..Its the 12th today and I start looking my clock..Does somebody know how to put on the timer ..like the one they use in times square?

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh:

I knew someone would make a thread for this. I think this thread is going to need a diaper after tomorrow.

By the way, Re: the title, is it rocket "lunching" or "launching"?

Rocket lunching:

VI0754.jpg

11 am? great i can check my score during my lunch break. oh wait, i don't have a real lunch break. it's THIRD YEAR! we9092389804329023rjk2nmw=0f dlsmls;o;weo03 damn :(

11 am? great i can check my score during my lunch break. oh wait, i don't have a real lunch break. it's THIRD YEAR! we9092389804329023rjk2nmw=0f dlsmls;o;weo03 damn :(

Lunch break is when you remind your resident/team that there is free vendor lunch, obviously. Funny how the schedule suddenly opens up then. :D

At least you won't be scrubbed into gyn surgeries from 9-1...by the time I get out I'll probably forget to check before afternoon rounds.

i started with clinic/outpatient peds, with a little luck i might be going home by 11 am.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm not sure where the 11am time came from. but my friends and i (we're on PST) all received our scores at ~6:36am PST; thus 9:36 EST. Theirs were inDec, April and myself in June. so be aware you may receive it earlier than the 11am time you guys are mentioning. :)

best of luck!

11:00 AM EST Scores Posted

11:00:42 AM EST The website crashes for five days as every neurotic med student in the world furiously smashes their refresh button faster than a rat with a hypothalamic probe...

If you aren't getting a lunch break as a med student you need to
talk with your preceptors, or have a talk with the highers in your med
school. Your job as a 3rd/4th year med student is to learn, and we all
know that hunger is not great for performance/learning. As a 3rd year, no
one will miss you, this includes your patients. I can't think of a single
reason to justify a 3rd year not getting a lunch, unless you are in the
middle of a surgery maybe. When did it become macho for a med student
to imitate the schedule of a surgical resident?

If you aren't getting a lunch break as a med student you need to
talk with your preceptors, or have a talk with the highers in your med
school. Your job as a 3rd/4th year med student is to learn, and we all
know that hunger is not great for performance/learning. As a 3rd year, no
one will miss you, this includes your patients. I can't think of a single
reason to justify a 3rd year not getting a lunch, unless you are in the
middle of a surgery maybe. When did it become macho for a med student
to imitate the schedule of a surgical resident?

of course, we're allowed to eat. but just, we're not given the freedom of a lunch break. we have to run to the cafeteria to pick something, and eat whenever we're free. Seems standard -- do "lunch breaks" exist in 3rd year?

of course, we're allowed to eat. but just, we're not given the freedom of a lunch break. we have to run to the cafeteria to pick something, and eat whenever we're free. Seems standard -- do "lunch breaks" exist in 3rd year?

I think that's the distinction. I have never heard of anyone getting a determined "lunch break" on clinicals. You eat when you can, and if things are busy and you have things to do... then you don't eat until things die down. Same goes for call... you don't sit down at 8pm and eat dinner if there's 5 admits waiting. Latest I've eaten dinner on call was 2am; yes, we were that slammed the whole night.

Note that it is not a phenomenon unique to the med students. Interns and residents also are a part of the "eat when you can" standard. Hell even some attendings are. Which is why I think complaining about it is silly. If they aren't eating, or if they are grabbing something to snack on next to the computer while they put in orders, why shouldn't you be doing the same?

Hi guys,

While all of you guys are interested in getting your scores, I am interested in the 283 indian guy.:laugh:
Can anybody post the link about his step1 experience?

Good luck to all of you waiting for your scores.

Does the July 15th date apply to everyone who has already taken Step 1? I took the exam on July 1 and don't want to wait any longer!

While all of you guys are interested in getting your scores, I am interested in the 283 indian guy.:laugh:
Can anybody post the link about his step1 experience?

Good luck to all of you waiting for your scores.

hahaha... i saw the initial reference and was all like, "daaaaanng dude, he went through all that hard work and whatever else to score a 283 only to be forever remembered on teh intarwebs as "that indian guy"." i kind of feel like budweiser should have at least made a "here's to you mr. 283 step 1 scoring indian guy" bud light commercial or something, ya know?

Last edited:
i wrote on the 27th of may, hope my results come this wednesday, everyone I have talked to are saying take a break you deserve it, it has been almost 2 months of doing nothing but waiting I hope these scores come soon or I might give up on life lol .

hahaha... i saw the initial reference and was all like, "daaaaanng dude, he went through all that hard work and whatever else to score a 283 only to be forever remembered on teh intarwebs as "that indian guy"." i kind of feel like budweiser should have made at least made a "here's to you mr. 283 step 1 scoring indian guy" bud light commercial or something, ya know?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Yeah that's no joke he should have done that. When you score that high you have this responsibility.

What the f

I'm having a harder time sleeping in the days before the score release than I did the days before the actual exam.

Does the July 15th date apply to everyone who has already taken Step 1? I took the exam on July 1 and don't want to wait any longer!

Doubtful. It says on the website that scores from mid-May to late JUNE will be released 7/15.

You're most likely stuck waiting 3 weeks like most people. But look on the bright side, many people in this thread have been waiting as long as 2 months (7 weeks for me).

"A large number of score reports will be released on Wednesday, July 15. Examinees may experience some delays in accessing their score reports on this date. If you encounter a delay or an error message, please close the window and try again later that day or night."

F U NBME! Could they make this process any more painful? Their tech people have certainly had the time to expand the server capacity over the last 3 months (or however long ago they announced this miserable delay in score reporting)

I apologize for my angst...I just got off of a 30 hour shift of following my residents around like a useless little puppy trying to be an "information sponge". I'm having a beer and going to sleep. Someone can page me when my score is accessible :mad:

"A large number of score reports will be released on Wednesday, July 15. Examinees may experience some delays in accessing their score reports on this date. If you encounter a delay or an error message, please close the window and try again later that day or night."

F U NBME! Could they make this process any more painful? Their tech people have certainly had the time to expand the server capacity over the last 3 months (or however long ago they announced this miserable delay in score reporting)

I apologize for my angst...I just got off of a 30 hour shift of following my residents around like a useless little puppy trying to be an "information sponge". I'm having a beer and going to sleep. Someone can page me when my score is accessible :mad:

Every year they gather up 1.5 months worth of scores and release them all mid-July. Its nothing new for them. If they haven't expanded the server in the past then this year isn't going to be any different.

so do scores come out at midnight tonight (tuesday) or is it 11 am tomorrow (wed) morning?

for every other score release, it has been at midnight. It was at midnight on July 15th last year (and the website didn't crash), so you can assume it will be midnight tonight.

The emails declaring that the scores are posted usually go out during the day, but the scores are available at midnight.

do scores for people who took it june 30th come out tomorrow or on the 22nd? our school administrator emailed our class today saying those who took it after 6/26 wont get their scores for another week

If they're posted at midnight, but we don't get the email until tomorrow, does anyone know the web address to be checking at midnight?

for every other score release, it has been at midnight. It was at midnight on July 15th last year (and the website didn't crash), so you can assume it will be midnight tonight.

The emails declaring that the scores are posted usually go out during the day, but the scores are available at midnight.

Even for the score releases in June of this year? All of my classmates that took v1 seem to have gotten their scores in the morning (but maybe they didn't check at midnight)

...the nap didn't work out :( I'm way too anxious.

Dang. I have to get up at an ungodly hour in the morning (like most of you as well i'm sure), but might just be too neurotic to get to bed before midnight. I guess it won't be so bad as long as I get good news, but tomorrow will definitely be uber-crappy with a big-ol "Fail" on the score report. I think I feel an ulcer coming on .... Ugh :(

Last edited:
:eek:

So do you guys think it will be released at 12 am Eastern?

I have a bad feeling that their server is going to be fried!!! :D

I'm pretty nervous and really don't remember the exam well enough to trust all my diagnostics anymore.

Best of luck to everyone and the overworked NBME website!!:luck:
:xf::xf::xf:

Haemmie! :D Dude, I'm getting all misty-eyed over seeing you posting here. It's just like our Pre-allo days.

Good luck tonight or tomorrow or whenever you check your scores. You'll do great!

PS: I'm feeling you on the nervousness thing... ulcer and all.

Got my Guinness ready.

Doing catch-up reading all evening, will be checking here for updates. Let's just hope the SDN server doesn't crash tonight.

If they are released tonight, I am also going to look for somebody here who had Javascript errors (besides me) during the test to confirm that your score "looks" okay. I'm completely serious.

Deferoxamine, I'm right there with you..... collective breath holding until midnight/11am est?

I'm having horrible flashbacks to MCAT score release night

I might not check at midnight so I don't stay up all night thinking about my score and then suck at rotations tomorrow....

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that almost everyone has a real job tomorrow to attend to. Yay for the lottery giving me a light summer rotation.

I don't need to be physically present ANYWHERE tomorrow until the afternoon.

:eek:

So do you guys think it will be released at 12 am Eastern?

I have a bad feeling that their server is going to be fried!!! :D

I'm pretty nervous and really don't remember the exam well enough to trust all my diagnostics anymore.

Best of luck to everyone and the overworked NBME website!!:luck:
:xf::xf::xf:

From last year's thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=491845&page=13

It appears scores became available around 11 pm CST (first post was at 11:24 pm).

I plan on checking tonight. I'm on psych and told my attending to have some haldol on hand for tomorrow in case it doesn't go as I hope.

Got my Guinness ready.

Doing catch-up reading all evening, will be checking here for updates. Let's just hope the SDN server doesn't crash tonight.

If they are released tonight, I am also going to look for somebody here who had Javascript errors (besides me) during the test to confirm that your score "looks" okay. I'm completely serious.

When I submitted my last section I got a Java script error and freaked out but i just x'd it out and it submitted normally.... hopefully no problems.

Unfortunately, I got to be in the PICU at 5:45 tomorrow, so early to bed for me. And I don't want to check it in the morning and potentially ruin my whole day. Getting up at 4:30am is bad enough as it is. So score will have to wait till tomorrow night for me.