July 15 2009 scores rocket lunching thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sislo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is the official thread for scores released on July 15th.It opens officially at midnight or 11 am or whatever time it is.Please record your scores and hopefully we will break the 283 record obtained by some indian guy in 2003

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Special thanks goes to odoole, I kept hearing your voice in my head throughout the exam and I think that saved me! Especially the biochem/micro questions, I was like... I remember her saying something about this!

Ha ha -- glad that worked out for you. If anyone else is preparing, you're welcome to my recordings as well.

Here's mine:

241/99

NBME's: 244 and 258
Practice 150: 91%

My score was a bit of a disappointment considering my practice exams ... but I was also kind of happy given how badly I felt leaving the real exam. I don't think I'll be going into anything uber-competitive, and this score should at least get my through the door at most programs.

Guess I'll log on as official "Stoopidist persin on SDN becauze uf my bord score" with a 210...

Mine was significantly lower than all my predicted stuff, but I also feel like the step 1 i took was crap... I listened to all the other people talk about the "ridiculous questions" they got and I wished those were what I HAD gotten. Nope, I got HMO Q's, linear regressions of Chi Squares, anatomy of the foot and pelvic floor, and even a question about coding.... Still, it's a pass!

SDN, the Lake Wobegone of Step 1~ Where ALL the children are above average!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine the 25th and my fellow MS3 rotating with me took hers on the 26th. I got my score at 11 AM EST today and she didn't. Hope that helps those of you still waiting... the 26th may be the cutoff and not the 27th...?

138/99! Basically what I expected and what had been predicted. More in the experiences thread p.17...

Last edited:
Anyone else get a human score?

231/96. I felt awesome when I saw this score. After reading these posts, maybe not so much? I was always told the great score cut off was 230 but I'm seeing so many 240s and up whining about their score and now I don't feel so hot anymore.

Hey, I was one of those late June takers whose score didn't show up today. Does anyone know when the next batch is going to come out? Or will we have to wait to be released with all the people taking it in July?! :confused: I certainly hope not *siiiiigh*

231/96. I felt awesome when I saw this score. After reading these posts, maybe not so much? I was always told the great score cut off was 230 but I'm seeing so many 240s and up whining about their score and now I don't feel so hot anymore.

I'd be happy w/ that score....i take my test on saturday and was wondering what your practice scores were like just for comparison.

I'd be happy w/ that score....i take my test on saturday and was wondering what your practice scores were like just for comparison.

Kaplan Qbank - 60-61 avg 90% complete
usmleworld - 58-59 avg 35-40 % complete
Kaplan full length - 69% (3 weeks out) our school correlates that to a 228ish
Free 150 - 83% 5 weeks out - first exam i took
NBME 1 - 520 / 227 (i think) 2 weeks out
UWSA 1 - 223 - 10 days out
DIT predictive exam - 82% Correlates to 239.25 +/- 9.25 (taken the night or two nights before the exam)

I did all kaplan live review lectures (three weeks long) plus read took notes in all corresponding books, first aid, DIT (doctors in training only about halfway through), lange path cards once through, brs pharm cards once through, elsevier micro cards 1.5 X through. I also took a COMSAE (comlex predictive and got a correctyed score of 570 in case youre a DO)

It was an F-load of work but it got me where i wanted to be.

Good luck to you on saturday.

Members don't see this ad :)
So after checking my score today I have to say I'm a bit dissappointed in the predictive power of the nbme's and Qbank. I didn't use USMLE world, so I can't speak to that.

march nbme: 205
June 12 nbme (5 days before test): 233

Qbank - 30% complete all random - avg 62%

Step 1 score: 239/99. I'm pretty shocked. It may not be a 255 like everyone else on this site seems to get, but I'm elated.

Congratulations! That's a great score and leaves basically every specialty door open.

However, I don't know why you are complaining about the predictive power of the NBME...you got a score very close to your last NBME.

June 22nd--->261/99

UWorld %: 88%
UWorld Assessments: 800 on both, so 265
NBME 4: 255 (taken 6 weeks before)
NBME 3: 273
Free 150: 272

Sucks to go down. Even if the end result is still a good score.

So did he take your exam for you or something? Pat yourself on the back and take credit for your accomplishments...you deserve it.
Let the man praise who he wants for his score. I consider my score in the 240s range to be a blessing from god too. I'm just so happy it's over because now it's time to fret about step II :).

i got 249/99 was shooting for above 255 because i want to go to either cali/ny for either urology, ENT or rad-onc with a 249 what are my chances now? if this sounds ridiculous im sorry but i was told by people that you need to be at least above 250 to go to ca/ny for those fields

Anyone else get a human score?

I got a 226/94.

It was a little bit lower than I had been practicing, but that's ok. I felt bad on the day of the exam, missing a LOT of things I should have known.

Not "great" but solid enough. I'll take it i guess.

i got 249/99 was shooting for above 255 because i want to go to either cali/ny for either urology, ENT or rad-onc with a 249 what are my chances now? if this sounds ridiculous im sorry but i was told by people that you need to be at least above 250 to go to ca/ny for those fields

You may want to ask in those specialty forums or faculty at your school for definitive answers. According to Charting Outcomes in the Match, you are above the 75th percentile for matched US seniors in ENT and just below that in rad onc. I'm sure that it is more competitive to match in CA than just anywhere, but I'm also sure that more goes into it than your step I score and I'd be surprised if many programs set their screening cutoff so high. So, I dunno, but I bet you're still in the game.

Does anyone have the link that we are supposed to go to check our scores online? I have searched the nbme website and the link that appears to be for score reports is broken.

Is anyone else who hasn't checked their score out having trouble getting onto the website? it seems like its down right now, are you getting errors?

the ones that have gotten it: did you log in right away or did it take a while to get to the site. thanks

Is anyone else who hasn't checked their score out having trouble getting onto the website? it seems like its down right now, are you getting errors?

the ones that have gotten it: did you log in right away or did it take a while to get to the site. thanks

seriously. people need to get the f off the site so others who haven't been staring at their scores for two hours can get on . . .

seriously. people need to get the f off the site so others who haven't been staring at their scores for two hours can get on . . .

ah that makes sense, i was wondering why it would be so much easier in the morning, i knew i should have checked it at lunch.

seriously guys, were dealing with a limited resource

Got both COMLEX and USMLE today, weird.

COMLEX 657/92 (97th percentile for you MD'ers, ;) )
USMLE 255/99

253/99!!!

At the start of my study period, I told myself I would be very, very happy with a 235. A 250 was my pot o' gold.

My first NBME I took 3 weeks before Step 1 I was a projected 190. Which means I added 63 points to my score in 3 weeks.

Unreal.

253/99!!!

At the start of my study period, I told myself I would be very, very happy with a 235. A 250 was my pot o' gold.

My first NBME I took 3 weeks before Step 1 I was a projected 190. Which means I added 63 points to my score in 3 weeks.

Unreal.

Holy ****, Zag. Niiiiiice!

after browsing through this thread i have one question - who are you people?!?

Seriously. I'm not buying even half of the scores I've read in this thread.

By the way, I got a 282 which really sucks considering that I scored much higher than that on my last NBME. I'm really pissed, but I guess I won't challenge some of the questions on the exam that I had an issue with. I "high honored" every course in med school. I'm ranked number one in my class and I only had to study 1-2 hours a night through all of years 1 and 2. I'm incredibly handsome and I've slept with every woman I've ever dated, all of whom are Heidi Klum look-alikes.

Yeah ... you can be whoever you want to be on an anonymous internet forum. All you need is a computer and a keyboard

Last edited:

By the way, I got a 282 which really sucks considering that I scored much higher than that on my last NBME. I'm really pissed, but I guess I won't challenge some of the questions on the exam that I had an issue with. I "high honored" every course in med school. I'm ranked number one in my class and I only had to study 1-2 hours a night through all of years 1 and 2. I'm incredibly handsome and I've slept with every woman I've ever dated, all of whom are Heidi Klum look-alikes.

Yeah ... you can be whoever you want to be on an anonymous internet forum. All you need is a computer and a keyboard

bitter party of one. bitter. jeez. several ppl at my school got 240+. they worked hard and deserve it. I assume that there are ppl at other schools that did well and have internet and aren't liars. Congrats to all.

What incentive would anyone have to lie about their score? As you said, it's an anonymous forum...so what does one gain by lying?

Then again, I suppose it'd be much sweeter to say 270 instead of my middle-of-the-road 226.

What incentive would anyone have to lie about their score? As you said, it's an anonymous forum...so what does one gain by lying?

Then again, I suppose it'd be much sweeter to say 270 instead of my middle-of-the-road 226.

psssst, 226 aint middle of the road. its above avg. congrats on a great job. jmho.

I took the USMLE Step 1 on 6-25-09. I studied hard for about two months.

UW Qbank - 65-70% (100% completed) - It started around 65% and went up to 75-80% correct after 2 months.

NBME #1 (2 months before exam): 212
UW Practice test 1 (2 wks before exam): 252
NBME #6 (10 days before exam): 235
UW Practice test 2 (1 wk before exam): 252 (again!)

USMLE Step 1 score: 252 / 99 I'm completely thrilled/shocked/amazed !

My goal during studying was just to crack 230. I thought cracking 240 would be close to impossible. This is just more than I could have ever asked for.

I also didn't believe the UW Practice test results because I had read many, many postings on this site by people saying it over-estimated their score by 10-20 pts.

The resources I used were: High Yield Neuroanatomy, First Aid (2-3x), Goljan audio tapes, BRS Behavioral Sciences, BRS Pharm Cards, First Aid Clinical Cases.

Last edited:
sadly, nothing to post yet... my scores will have to wait another week. i was only mildly hoping that i could get scores early, but next week will actually be right on target (took the exam 6/30).

everyone whining here about their 240's have super high expectations from themselves and represent 2% of all medical students...be proud of your 231! that's a great score.