Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Today's the day! Good luck to everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
excited finding nemo GIF
Hopefully the sun is shining wherever you are! 😁

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Massive snow storm in northwest Iowa :( Hoping this is not a sign of the news I will get today!
I’m in northwest Indiana and we’re having some crazy storms today. Was hailing went I went to work this morning!

I’m in northwest Indiana and we’re having some crazy storms today. Was hailing went I went to work this morning!
Also in a "historic winter storm" in good ol' Wisconsin. Mother Nature really likes to play tricks on us, we were in the 40's just last week 😑

Reactions: 1 user
Also in a "historic winter storm" in good ol' Wisconsin. Mother Nature really likes to play tricks on us, we were in the 40's just last week 😑
Sunny and 80 degrees in FL 😂 would love to experience some seasons in my lifetime

Reactions: 5 users
Sunny and 80 degrees in FL 😂 would love to experience some seasons in my lifetime
It’s 85 where I am at in FL. We get summer and summer jr. with just a hint of fall. Experiencing the seasons would be nice.

Reactions: 1 users
Massive snow storm in northwest Iowa :( Hoping this is not a sign of the news I will get today!
43 degrees and raining here in NY. At work currently to try to get my mind off decision day but clearly it’s not working 😂

• Care
Texas is playing Russian roulette with the weather. Texas goes through two seasons in a day.

Out of curiosity, is anyone currently taking 1 or 2 classes to fulfill the prerequisite requirements? I was emailed back in the Fall after my application was first reviewed if I could re-take two courses because my school's course did not meet their full requirement. Does anyone know if that usually happens? I am just super anxious that not having a "complete" prereq on my application puts me way down on the list, but then I also feel like, why would they ask me to retake the courses?

Also in a "historic winter storm" in good ol' Wisconsin. Mother Nature really likes to play tricks on us, we were in the 40's just last week
Hey which part of Wisconsin?! I'm here too!! LOL

Hey which part of Wisconsin?! I'm here too!! LOL
Too funny! I'm in River Falls, so west-central Wisconsin 😊. And to answer your question on prereqs I had one when I was applying (physics 1) but finished that last semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
Too funny! I'm in River Falls, so west-central Wisconsin 😊. And to answer your question on prereqs I had one when I was applying (physics 1) but finished that last semester.
I am finishing up genetics and anatomy because my previous courses weren’t considered compatible. So I got an email asking if I would retake the courses. Then I was told my application was back in the pool for consideration. I suppose because it is down to final hour I’m getting myself worked up! 😂

my gpa is just at the cutoff so unless my essays pull through im dreading this email notification :(

Reactions: 3 users
Honestly, I figuring I will be getting another reject. This is my last school out of 8. Pretty sure I will get same result as the other 7.

• Care
  • Sad
Honestly, I figuring I will be getting another reject. This is my last school out of 8. Pretty sure I will get same result as the other 7.
Remember, it only takes ONE yes! Hold your head high, this is a long and mentally exhausting road. You have come this far. Be proud! I am a little over the cutoffs. My last 45 is a 3.53 and my cum science is 3.24 (without these two courses). Currently I have A in both classes, but they aren't exactly doing me any good at the moment.

• Care
I’ve been waitlisted to 3 schools ugh i just want innnnn so i’m feeling quite down too. hopefully this is the one for us
I am waitlisted for Kansas and it feels like you're foot is almost in the door, but not quite. I totally feel this!

I am waitlisted for Kansas and it feels like you're foot is almost in the door, but not quite. I totally feel this!
I’m also waitlisted at Kansas! i just want that weight off my shoulder from all of the waiting

• Care
I’ve been waitlisted to 3 schools ugh i just want innnnn so i’m feeling quite down too. hopefully this is the one for us
I'm waitlisted to INTERVIEW at illinois and the anticipation is so brutal. If i'm not going to be offered an interview I want to know now so i can move on :(

I’m realizing I prefer not knowing when I’m supposed to hear from schools

Reactions: 2 users
From what I understood in the Facebook group (low GPA page), if your cum science GPA fell below a 2.8, they cut those applications back in the fall.

Remember, it only takes ONE yes! Hold your head high, this is a long and mentally exhausting road. You have come this far. Be proud! I am a little over the cutoffs. My last 45 is a 3.53 and my cum science is 3.24 (without these two courses). Currently I have A in both classes, but they aren't exactly doing me any good at the moment.
Currently waitlisted at my IS and I don't feel confident about Iowa's decision tonight... besides this I am waiting on 2 others. My stats are identical to yours 😅, I have a slightly higher science but honestly that's kinda freaky!

If anyone would like to collaborate on my physics 2 homework to take their mind off of things let me know 😂😉

• Haha
Currently waitlisted at my IS and I don't feel confident about Iowa's decision tonight... besides this I am waiting on 2 others. My stats are identical to yours 😅, I have a slightly higher science but honestly that's kinda freaky!
Oh great. I’m not alone then. I have been making myself sick over taking these courses. Not to mention, taking genetics and anatomy at the same time stinks. 😂 What better way to prepare you for vet school? 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Oh great. I’m not alone then. I have been making myself sick over taking these courses. Not to mention, taking genetics and anatomy at the same time stinks. 😂 What better way to prepare you for vet school? 🤦🏼‍♀️
I have been staring at this one physics homework problem for awhile now and just thinking to myself when am I EVER going to need to know how long a beam of protons should be in order to deliver a required amount of energy? Like what?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I have been staring at this one physics homework problem for awhile now and just thinking to myself when am I EVER going to need to know how long a beam of protons should be in order to deliver a required amount of energy? Like what?!

You’ll only need it for your 3 unit exams, and your final

• Haha
my gpa is just at the cutoff so unless my essays pull through im dreading this email notification :(

I looked at admission stats from previous years and they are known for accepting low GPAs/GPAs near the cutoff. They also are known for waitlisting A LOT of students (200+ I believe) and their waitlist is notorious for moving A LOT every year. Don’t lose hope! I think last year they were accepting people off the waitlist in the 180s

Positive thoughts and always find the silver lining in whatever our decision may be ❤️

I looked at admission stats from previous years and they are known for accepting low GPAs/GPAs near the cutoff. They also are known for waitlisting A LOT of students (200+ I believe) and their waitlist is notorious for moving A LOT every year. Don’t lose hope! I think last year they were accepting people off the waitlist in the 180s
does anyone know if they release waitlist ranks before April?

So if we do not receive an acceptance letter today than it’s safe to assume that you have been placed on alt list?
Not necessarily. You'll get a decision today (so acceptance, alternate, rejection), but you'll get your waitlist rank mid-late March.

So if we do not receive an acceptance letter today than it’s safe to assume that you have been placed on alt list?
I think they’ll tell you where you’re at either way but just don’t release ranks til later

It’s 85 where I am at in FL. We get summer and summer jr. with just a hint of fall. Experiencing the seasons would be nice.
It's all fun and games until you almost die trying to walk from your garage to your front door because Ames is just one giant ice sheet right now

• Wow
I have been staring at this one physics homework problem for awhile now and just thinking to myself when am I EVER going to need to know how long a beam of protons should be in order to deliver a required amount of energy?
Check emails!

OOS rejection! Makes sense since they never even bothered to update my GPAs lol

• Care
OOS waitlist but accepted to my IS so all is well!

• Care