Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I cautiously opened the email and portal only to reveal that it’s a reminder about transcripts….

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi all! I had a question. On my Application Status Page it says, "Required Science Course GPA" and then a GPA score. Is that supposed to be my actual Science GPA or something else? I ask because the science GPA on there is significantly lower than what my actual science GPA is on my application.

Hi all! I had a question. On my Application Status Page it says, "Required Science Course GPA" and then a GPA score. Is that supposed to be my actual Science GPA or something else? I ask because the science GPA on there is significantly lower than what my actual science GPA is on my application.

I think the science GPA on your application is all science courses. Whereas, the required science course gpa is the gpa considering only the science courses that they require as prerequisites

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think the science GPA on your application is all science courses. Whereas, the required science course gpa is the gpa considering only the science courses that they require as prerequisites
OHHH gotcha. THANK YOU. I was staring at it and got scared that they received the wrong VMCAS application or something awful.

It is only the courses they use as their pre reqs. If you look on their website for required courses you’ll see a red star next to each course they count for the science GPA.

Does anyone know when they usually update the GPAs with our fall transcripts? Also, does anyone know if the committee reviewing our applications consider the cGPA or just last 45 and science? I know we needed at least a 2.5 to get to the committee but I wasn’t sure if the person reviewing the apps actually sees our cumulative as well.

For those who have sent in transcripts, how long did it take for your portal to update with received? Mine hasn't yet but Parchment said that it was received.

For those who have sent in transcripts, how long did it take for your portal to update with received? Mine hasn't yet but Parchment said that it was received.
portal updates happen manually, and the university was closed today. if you don't see any changes in a week, you could send a message through your portal asking for an update. they're really nice about answering questions.

portal updates happen manually, and the university was closed today. if you don't see any changes in a week, you could send a message through your portal asking for an update. they're really nice about answering questions.
Its been about a week which is why I was getting a smidge concerned. I'll message them, thank you!

How did everyone send their updated transcripts in? I feel like I'm missing something. I can't find Iowa State Veterinary Medicine in the school options on Parchment. Do I just add them as a third party and send to their admissions email? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 user
How did everyone send their updated transcripts in? I feel like I'm missing something. I can't find Iowa State Veterinary Medicine in the school options on Parchment. Do I just add them as a third party and send to their admissions email? Thanks in advance!
Yes, you have to add it to a "third party" in parchment. You should have received a message in your portal with a specific address to send it electronic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know for Parchment if you can add more than one recipient? Or do you need to do a whole new order and payment for each school?

I would guess they had the past week or so off for the holidays and will be back in the office tomorrow. They said it would be updated during the break and the university is on break until January 16. So if it isn't updated by then, I would say to just message them. For Parchment you need to do a whole new order I'm pretty sure.

Does anyone know for Parchment if you can add more than one recipient? Or do you need to do a whole new order and payment for each school?
You can add another order! Before you enter your card info under the school there should be a drop down that asks if you want to add another order. Select that and it'll bring you back to the home page where you can do it all over again! I just did it with an order of 3 schools

Has anyone had their GPAs updated yet?

How long did it take them to update yours after they received the transcript?
I’m not exactly sure. They received my transcript the next day after I sent it (23rd). I checked a few days ago and it was received in the portal and my GPAs were updated.

It says my transcript has been received and my final pre req is completed. GPA's have not changed yet though!

Reactions: 2 users
I received an email from Parchment days ago telling me my transcript was downloaded by the recipient, but there’s no change to my portal. It still says transcript needed and my gpa’s haven’t changed. Is anyone else experiencing that too?

I received an email from Parchment days ago telling me my transcript was downloaded by the recipient, but there’s no change to my portal. It still says transcript needed and my gpa’s haven’t changed. Is anyone else experiencing that too?
They just updated mine to received but haven’t changed my GPAs. They downloaded them way before Christmas. I guess it just takes them a while.

It was like that for me for a while. It took about 1.5-2 weeks for my portal to say received

Has anyone been having issues with their transcript being received? I got the message from Clearinghouse that Iowa received my transcript, and both my sGPA and last 45 GPA changed but I'm still getting the message that they need my transcript. I've sent them a message already but just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this.

Anyone else still waiting patiently for their gpa's to update on the portal? 😅
It says completed next to my last pre req I needed so I know they received my transcript!

Anyone else still waiting patiently for their gpa's to update on the portal? 😅
It says completed next to my last pre req I needed so I know they received my transcript!
Im still waiting for my GPAs to update as well!

mine updated maybe 1 week after the got my transcript and said the course was completed! idk if that’s helpful

I messaged them through the portal and they updated them after I asked about it.

My heart just dropped with that notification even though I know we aren’t getting decisions soon 😂

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Anyone else still waiting patiently for their gpa's to update on the portal?

Mine updated by itself about a month ago.

Anyone else almost just faint? No. Just me, haha. I really need this process to be over. My heart can't take it! :rofl:😅

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Animation Running GIF
me running to my portal after getting the email :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Anyone else's GPA still not updated? They received my transcripts a month ago. I'm wondering if I should message them or just be patient

Anyone else's GPA still not updated? They received my transcripts a month ago. I'm wondering if I should message them or just be patient
Mine's also not updated either!

I messaged them since it’s been a month, and Kathy told me they should be updated in the next few weeks. We just have to be patient I guess :)

I saw a comment on the Facebook page where someone said that admissions started making the ranked list yesterday. Do you think it’s a bad sign, since they’re already making the rankings, if our GPAs aren’t updated yet? Lol

I saw a comment on the Facebook page where someone said that admissions started making the ranked list yesterday. Do you think it’s a bad sign, since they’re already making the rankings, if our GPAs aren’t updated yet? Lol
Like the waitlist? How would someone know that?

Like the waitlist? How would someone know that?
They said the admissions counselor they talked to told them, "they're making the ranked list today". It sounded like it was the list of who they plan to admit, waitlist, and deny. But of course, I could be wrong.

They said the admissions counselor they talked to told them, "they're making the ranked list today". It sounded like it was the list of who they plan to admit, waitlist, and deny. But of course, I could be wrong.
Welp, that's terrifying 😅

Does all of your guys's application portals say that your Fall 2022 transcript was received, or does it still say "Due 1/20"

Does all of your guys's application portals say that your Fall 2022 transcript was received, or does it still say "Due 1/20"
Mine says received 1/2/2023 and next to the pre req I still needed it has COMPLETED

Mine says received 12/22 and my GPAs are still not updated

My GPAs haven't updated, but I'm not sure if might just haven't changed or if they haven't updated them yet. I didn't have any missing pre-reqs (so obviously that one isn't changing). My last 45 might have gone up by 0.01 but that's the only change I could possibly have.

Mine was received 12/22 but the GPAs haven't been updated yet either