Interviews and rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
only interviews thus far...BU and MCG.

Wilmer rejection too ..oh well who wants to live in baltimore anyways..

Members don't see this ad.

Kresge Eye Institute via email - November 28th and 29th, December 5th and 6th

MCW today via email

Interview dates Nov 2, Nov 15, Nov 16.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
from what i've heard, the stanford faculty members are still reviewing applicant files.

we've all been too busy recovering from our David vs. Goliath victory.

interviews are Nov 28, Dec 7, and Dec 14.

hope to see some of you in northern cali on one of the interview days once invites go out.

Stanford sent out invites via e-mail - dates are as above

Stanford sent out invites via e-mail - dates are as above

As you can tell, I wield a lot of power and influence in the program and always know everything that's going on :)

When were the Stanford emails sent out?

The stanford invites were sent out today.

heard from california pacific yesterday. Phone call.
Dates are the same as listed on SFMatch

The stanford invites were sent out today.

correction...SOME stanford invites were sent out.

they are still reviewing applications, and will be sending out the remainder of invites in the upcoming days/weeks.

also...got an invite from Vanderbilt today by email. Dates are 11/28, 11/29, 11/30. :)

what time did CPMC call? I'm afraid of missing a call...

UT- San Antonio (phone call) - Nov. 16, Nov. 30, Dec. 7, Dec.14

Interview invite from Henry Ford by email. Only date offered was Dec 17.

Members don't see this ad :)
SUNY - Downstate (Brooklyn)
email.
only interview date offered - Dec 6th

Got BU.... same dates as mentioned above.

Btw, has anyone heard from any DC/virginia programs? seem to be pretty quiet.

FernandoV - nice catch

As far as Chicago schools, from what I have seen on his thread, Loyola, Rush and NW have sent out interviews, no word on U of C, UIC or Cook County

Adding a new one:

UNMC - Nov 30th, Dec 3rd, Dec 7th via email

Still waiting on BU rejection . . . what is the hold up?

vanderbilt via email ...dates nov 28, 29, 30
UIC via email...dates oct 29 and nov 16 were offered.

Jules Stein today by email. Interview dates 11/28, 12/5, 12/15 and 12/19.

UVA via email: 11/16, 11/17, 11/19

FernandoV - nice catch

As far as Chicago schools, from what I have seen on his thread, Loyola, Rush and NW have sent out interviews, no word on U of C, UIC or Cook County

Adding a new one:

UNMC - Nov 30th, Dec 3rd, Dec 7th via email

Still waiting on BU rejection . . . what is the hold up?

Haven't heard from BU either - just called this a.m., was told they already sent an interview offer by email! Only dates left 11/30, 12/7. I hope I'm not losing other emails. It was an .edu address.

Anyone else get an interview at JSEI?

I thought their confirmation email said that they would be notifying people of interviews after October 29th via email ("If you are selected to interview, you will be contacted via email after October 29.").

Any thoughts?

Is it bad that I haven't gotten a single interview yet? Should I start worrying?

WHen a program has sent out interviews (ie Northwestern), does this mean they generally send out a ton of invites and fill most of their spots in a few days, and the only hope of interviewing there if you didn't get one is a cancellation? Or is it usually a slow trickle of invites over a month or so?

I dont know about you guys, but I was told that the first couple weeks of october is when there's a lot of interview invite action... and it's now oct. 12th and decisions (either good or bad) aren't exactly flowing in the ol' inbox. I'm not super worried since, looking at this forum, it seems like there's not a lot of action yet, but i'm a little surprised at the slow trickle of things.

From my understanding (from talking to residents and looking on last year's SDN ophthal interview trail) --it's more late Oct that is the main 'influx' of invites.

hope that helps ease some minds for a few more days ;)
that's keeping me from worrying quite so much.

UNC interview via email. Only date offered was Dec 1.

what is the link to last year's interview trail??

UNC interview via email. Only date offered was Dec 1.

i also received UNC's invite. They offered me Dec. 8.

Tae, wanna switch dates?

keep patient everyone...lots of programs are still reviewing apps. if you haven't received a rejection, at least your still on the "maybe" list!

Wake Forest via email: Nov 16, 20, 29; Dec 3, 11, 14

So far interviews at BU, Brown, and UNC. All via email. Nothing via snail mail yet. Anybody heard from any of the new york city schools yet?

From what I remember from years past, the Manhattan programs were some of the last ones to send out invites.

yay! i got my first interview of the season!
thank god i was starting to go insane with anxiety

beaumont - snail mail - december 1st and 8th

also - in full expectation of a rejection letter was wait-listed by vanderbilt. anyone have any idea how this works? do i have to keep checking in? or is it more like don't call us we'll call you?

I just got a call from Loyola tonight for Nov 2.

So, on that note- anyone want to trade their Loyola Nov 1?

Or... University at Buffalo switch Nov 2 for Nov 3? I have that on Nov 2 there also, and I would love to be able to go to both interviews. So frustrating!

PM me if you'd like to switch!

After six rejections, just received my first invitation to interview!

I think I might accept that offer. :D

yay! i got my first interview of the season!
thank god i was starting to go insane with anxiety

beaumont - snail mail - december 1st and 8th

also - in full expectation of a rejection letter was wait-listed by vanderbilt. anyone have any idea how this works? do i have to keep checking in? or is it more like don't call us we'll call you?

Waiting for Beaumont as well. What medschool are u from though?

Waiting for Beaumont as well. What medschool are u from though?
wow stalker
i thought anonymity was the whole point of my oh-so-cool screenname
just kidding

i'm from robert wood johnson med school - if you're scratching your head wondering - its that other school in new jersey

fyi the letter was dated for the 9th

wow stalker
i thought anonymity was the whole point of my oh-so-cool screenname
just kidding

i'm from robert wood johnson med school - if you're scratching your head wondering - its that other school in new jersey

fyi the letter was dated for the 9th

cool cool - heard the Beaumont hospital is quite nice and huge - good luck to u - hope I didn't scare u;)

On a separate note - just got Cleveland Clinic - dates Oct. 31st, Nov.15, and Dec. 12th

cool cool - heard the Beaumont hospital is quite nice and huge - good luck to u - hope I didn't scare u;)

On a separate note - just got Cleveland Clinic - dates Oct. 31st, Nov.15, and Dec. 12th

email or snail mail man

the cleveland clinic invite came to whatever email address you listed as your permanent email address, not your current email address.

so make sure you check all your accounts!

also - anyone with a SLU invite willing to switch a nov 2 date for oct 30?

Recived Wake Forest Invite via e-mail. Same dates as mentioned above.
Hope to see you guys soon on interviews :)

Ask and you shall receive, called BU about status, email rejection an hour later. Good to officially join the club.

UMKC - Oct 31, Nov 7, Nov 27 - via snail mail
side note - another thread mentioned that their website is up

Rejections - Ohio ST via snail mail - just throwing this one in since I haven't seen it mentioned yet

Best to all

Did Cleveland Clinic come as a batch or individual email?

University of Arizona via email December 14 and 15