Interviews, 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I noticed one University of Washington invitation in an earlier posting...is that an isolated instance, or have they sent out an appreciable number?

Members don't see this ad.

I have also received U of Washington Interview.

U of Wash only interviews ~25 people for their 4 spots and I believe they gave many of their interviews last friday

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a UW as well as did several of my 'mates.

Cheers!

just wanted to give out a little update..I've called a few places and gotten a few rejections out of it as well..here are some updates

Given out all interviews:
U Kentucky
Mayo (has been mentioned already)

Almost all have been given out:(i'm not sure what that really means)
Rush
Northwestern
UT Southwestern
MCW (finalized by next week)

It seems most places will let us know if we have interviews by the end of next week.

Also, I just have a polite request. I know that this year it's hard b/c the invites are coming out later and of course we all want to match, but if you are holding on to multiple invites/some you're not interested in, please cancel them early enough so some other people have a chance. I know we've all applied to a lot of places this year, so if you're double booked..let go of some! Thanks!

i hope i'm in the position to be double booked! but that is a truthful request that i'm sure we're all hoping will happen

Hi. I hope the interview process is going well for everyone. I have a giant favor...if anyone would like to swtich SLU interview dates, I have Nov 3rd and am looking for anyone that has it on Oct 31st.
Help 773-580-0339

I should also put it out there...anyone able to switch Iowa Nov 3rd to any other dates they interview?

University of Missouri - Columbia

Hey fatman, sounds we applied to and are getting invites from a lot of the same programs. You going to the UAB interview 11/4?

Also, I just have a polite request. I know that this year it's hard b/c the invites are coming out later and of course we all want to match, but if you are holding on to multiple invites/some you're not interested in, please cancel them early enough so some other people have a chance. I know we've all applied to a lot of places this year, so if you're double booked..let go of some! Thanks!

That's a courtesy not just for your fellow applicants (who will be your colleagues next year), but also for the programs, who don't want to have to scramble to find someone else to fill in at the last minute.

Dave

Wash U-St Louis (Batch #1) email 10/26. Dates 11/28, 12/1, 12/4

Members don't see this ad :)
xaelia, i must have been in a different email batch than you. All others "seemed" to be addressed correctly, at least the schools were spelled right. When you email back about setting the date, hopefully you can mention this so it'll be corrected ASAP. Maybe this is how the Iowa snafu happened.

I forwarded it the invitation e-mail to those recipients with their school names corrected so they could follow-up appropriately.

Also, University of Utah, by phone (batch #1). Interview dates are 11/17, 11/20, 12/8, 12/11.

Released a Virginia spot for it.

Penn State via snail mail today.
Dates 11/20, 12/4, 12/11
That makes 7/40. 1 rejection.

hey guys...do you have any ideas about comparing the two programs?
unfortunately, i'll have to choose b/w the two interviews, and all i've really heard about either of them is that they're both solid programs.. :confused:
thanks

Applied to 60 programs! Rejections 2!!! Now I def. have not received "that many" interviews, but what could the other programs be doing? I assumed most peeps would hear about a rejection, but I guess that is not the case...
I guess we just wait and see, I suppose 1 week left for interviews

MEEI (10/27): email, dates 11/17, 11/20 and 12/1
Wash U (10/26): email 11/28, 12/1 and 12/4
Vandy (10/26): email 11/29, 11/30

Dear Applicant,

The email you received yesterday inviting you to interview at Washington University was sent in error. At this time your file is still in review. You should know by next week the status of your application.

If you have any questions/concerns please don't hesitate to call.

Mary

...grr.

Dear Applicant,

The email you received yesterday inviting you to interview at Washington University was sent in error. At this time your file is still in review. You should know by next week the status of your application.

Mary

...grr.

Maaan...that's horrible...What a tease! +pissed+

U Penn-Scheie Eye (did i spell that right?): Phone, 10/27- Nov. 28, Dec 1, Dec 8

NYU 10/27 via email - dates 12/1 or 12/2

hey, new here. didn't see any comments re: pittsburgh on the previous pages. they're only interviewing the weekend of 11/17-11/19. otherwise, nothing new to offer. GL all.

Hi, I have an interview scheduled at Pittsburgh for Saturday November 18. If anyone is scheduled for Sunday November 19, and would like to switch, please let me know. Thanks!

Dear Applicant,

Mary

...grr.

SO WRONG!!!
THAT'S THE CRUELEST JOKE I'VE EVER HEARD!
I HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR BEST, WHATEVER THAT MEANS FOR YOU:thumbup:

besides beaumont and HFord, anyone here from umich or kresge? I know ppl have mentioned a few umich phone calls..

casey eye institute (batch 1, email 10/27/06) interviews are 11/18, 12/2

umich by phone 10/24....they seem to call one person per day...at my interview on 10/16 three people already had umich which was wierd since they mention in their email that you'll hear on 10/31

casey by email 10/27 just now...feels better after missing MEEI, Wash U, UCSF, NYU and scheie etc....my own black friday

If it helps anyone, I have heard back from (either interview offers or rejections) from Baylor, MEEI, Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic, Utah, Scheie, Vandy, stanford, UCSF, USC, Wash U, Mayo, Iowa, Northwestern.
I didn't find out southwestern had a secondary application until I interviewed at Baylor....So maybe that's why they never got back to me either way....
Anyone heard back from Colorado?

Batch 2 anyone? How are you guys doing in terms of interviews? I have 4 interviews so far, 2 rejections, 1 unofficial invite, and applied to 60. Not sure what to make of that. Anyone else from batch 2 still in limbo?

Batch 2 anyone? How are you guys doing in terms of interviews? I have 4 interviews so far, 2 rejections, 1 unofficial invite, and applied to 60. Not sure what to make of that. Anyone else from batch 2 still in limbo?

batch 2: 3 interviews, 7 rejections, applied to 50. :(

Batch 2: 14 interview offers, 2 rejections(U Wisconsin, Ohio State), 1 Wait list (Northwestern). Applied to 42

batch 2: 4 interviews, 2 rejections, 1 standby interview?!?!?, applied to 30 - perhaps i should have applied to more -- glad to know i'm not the only one not sitting on 10++ interviews.

bATCh:2
Applied to 60
8 interviews
3 rejections

what is going on..? There are a lot of programs I am very interested in that I haven't heard from (UW-mad, loyola, UIC, u of c, East coast schools). Not complaining, but many of the programs I have interviews at aren't necessarily the ones I would like to attend, so who knows? Maybe those places are just going slow? I am hoping the next week will be a bit better for all us Batch 2 folks, I figure they are still going through batch 1?
By the way, I am extremely average in all respectss(boards, grades, experiences) HMM come on give us Batch 2 love!
g'luck y'all

batch 1

13 interviews....0 "real" rejections but it seems most of the other programs that I applied to gave out interviews...applied to 34 total

So would you say that it's safe to assume that if we haven't received word from programs that have already sent out interviews that there is no hope?
I wish this is not the case...? I am hoping that schools are simply giving out the interviews to the "top" applicants and then holding judgement for later.
Hmm
Anyone know how many more interviews you think would be given out in the next week? I figure afte that it's just wishful thinking, but I really don't know...

Does anyone know what the Rush interview dates are? I just got that confirmation packet, but they mailed it on 10/24 and said their interview dates are 10/27, 10/28, 11/1. I'm a little confused as to why they would send it now with interview dates so soon that it would be impossible to attend them and no invite anyway. if anyone has heard from them please let me know.

So would you say that it's safe to assume that if we haven't received word from programs that have already sent out interviews that there is no hope?

Not at all. While it was a few years ago, there were a couple of programs I didn't get invites from until mid-December in the year I applied (for January interview days). And that was without all the trouble that SFmatch is reportedly having this year in getting everything out.

I would say that I got about 2/3 of my invites after I had already started on the road to interview at other places (I had someone check my mail at home, since a lot of programs were still stuck on snail-mail at that time).

Dave

Dear Applicant,

Wow. That's horrible. At least they didn't say you're outright rejected. I had one program that sent me an interview letter addressed to the wrong person (and she got the one addressed to me). At least in that case we were both invited for it.

Dave

MEEI said that there is only one batch of interviews going out. IE, if you didn't hear Fri 10/27, very unlikely you'll be getting an interview. Rejections snail mail to be sent out Monday. I'd love to be proved wrong, but this is from their office. I hope this is not the case with other programs....:confused:

I know some of my classmates heard from UCSF a month ago, but I just heard from them this Friday, so some schools do offer interviews on a rolling basis.....Don't lose hope just yet!

Does anyone know what the Rush interview dates are? I just got that confirmation packet, but they mailed it on 10/24 and said their interview dates are 10/27, 10/28, 11/1. I'm a little confused as to why they would send it now with interview dates so soon that it would be impossible to attend them and no invite anyway. if anyone has heard from them please let me know.

It seems that a handful applications from the 2nd batch that were sent to Rush by SF Match were not received/downloaded until last week (apparently, DiveMD and I included)... Hence the late arrival of the packet. Their interview dates are/were 10/27, 10/30, and 11/01. I am interviewing there on Monday, and according to the program coordinator the 10/30 interview date is full.

If you are really interested in finding out your status in regards to the last interview date, I suggest contacting her ASAP. Good luck

If you are really interested in finding out your status in regards to the last interview date, I suggest contacting her ASAP. Good luck[/QUOTE]

I talked to the coordinator yesterday. From what she told me she said all the interview slots are full as of now. She said only if someone cancels will she have some open slots, and she'll be coming in this weekend to check msgs etc regarding cancellations. She also commented that hardly anyone cancels. She also mentionted how messed up this year has been regarding receiving things late, receiving apps from ppl who didn't even apply to rush etc etc....that didn't make me feel too good!