Interviews, 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xaelia

neenlet
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Another year, another interview thread. The characters are different, but the story is the same.

CPMC - 9/13 by Phone (Batch #1); interview dates this year are 11/20, 11/27, 12/4

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

wow congratulations to you! i hope i will get a phone call sometime :)

I can't believe it's that time of the year again!

Wilmer interview dates are: October 16 , October 24, and November 4.

Interviewing 40-45 this year.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Another year, another interview thread. The characters are different, but the story is the same.

CPMC - 9/13 by Phone (Batch #1); interview dates this year are 11/20, 11/27, 12/4

Good luck to everyone!

congats! do ya mind sharing yours stats? thanks and good luck!!

got something from emory via snail mail today asking for a picture for interview purposes...however, no official interview offer :confused: I hope that means I'll get an interview at some point. Anyway, at least I know my application was received!

oh emory's interview dates are dec 2, 3

I guess we should start a new thread called: Will your application be on the next "batch"? Then we can talk about getting interviews. Funny..but not really....

regarding emory, I guess ALL applicants (all those who apply and I guess even some who don't) receive a request to send their photo, and this does NOT imply an interview will be given. According to their office.

at least the people who weren't in the first batch have a reason not to. mine's been received and i haven't heard anything :( getting nervous for sure

at least the people who weren't in the first batch have a reason not to. mine's been received and i haven't heard anything :( getting nervous for sure

I don't think you have anything to be worried about. It's still very early in the game. Most of your interviews invitations will come during the latter half of October into November. Only a handful of programs send out invitations in September.

thanks speyeder, that's helpful to know :)

Members don't see this ad :)
1st interview is at Oklahoma University Dean A. McGee Eye Institute. Dates for interviews are Monday, November 20, Monday, November 27, Monday, December 4, and Monday, December 18.

consolidating the list....and adding a couple. hit quote to add to the list.
indytx

1. CPMC - 9/13 by Phone (Batch #1); interview dates this year are 11/20, 11/27, 12/4
2. Oklahoma - interview dates 11/20, 11/27, 12/4, 12/18
3. UT Southwestern - 9/18 by email (Batch #1) - interview dates 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 12/1
4. Sinai Hospital Baltimore (Krieger) - 9/13 by email (Batch #1) - interview dates 12/7, 12/8

For residents who matched recently, is it safe to stay that if you were not offered an interview on the dates others in the same batch were, you will not likely be granted an interview?

i.e., anyone in batch #1 who hasn't heard from the above programs, but had applied to them, is out of luck.

congrats to all those getting interviews already.

still waiting for my first....
xhxlx

how do you know what batch you are in?

batch 1
heard from:
utsw 9/18 email
northwestern 9/19 snail mail
suny downstate 9/20 by phone

University of Florida, snail mail postmarked 9/14 (batch #1) - dates are 12/1, 12/4, 12/8, 12/11
There is also a dinner with residents the evening prior to each interview date.

Also Northwestern, postmarked 9/15.

For residents who matched recently, is it safe to stay that if you were not offered an interview on the dates others in the same batch were, you will not likely be granted an interview?

i.e., anyone in batch #1 who hasn't heard from the above programs, but had applied to them, is out of luck.

this is my question as well...anyone? thank you

from what i have heard from residents (not a program director or anything like that, so take everything with a grain of salt), if others from the same batch that you were in have received interview offers, that means that your app will just be reviewed again at a later date when other batches are also reviewed. that being said, it is less likely that you will be given an interview given that you have already been passed over. however, it is not impossible to get an interview later on. if the reviewers find that your app stands out among other apps in a different batch, then of course you can get an interview. but again, the fact that you (and i am in the same boat you are in since i have not received an interview offer yet and i was in the first batch) were reviewed once already and not given an interview is not the best of signs, IMO.
also, to keep things in perspective, even the most competitive folks from previous years who got into elite programs had a 50-60% interview rate. so, there's still a lot of time left and a lot of offers to be sent. :) :luck:

No interviews yet, but did anyone get an email from Wilmer about a change in residency coordinators? I only mention this, because I DIDN'T apply there!!! What're they doing emailing me? The SF Match sent me my distribution list, and it was correct. No Wilmer. I did apply to Wills. I hope they didn't f*** that up.

PS - I think I was in the third batch, so I'm guessing that's out now. Peace.

yay! 1st interview by e-mail at U. Rochester 10/13 (2nd batch) :)

mercedes-benzo, call SF Match to find out what batch ur in. I did after reading these posts =P

let's try to post whether it was via phone, email or snail mail. i think it's helpful to know. congratulations. i really wish there would be more coming!

UTMB, 9/25 by email (Batch #1), interview dates 10/20, 10/27
Baylor, 9/26 by email (Batch #1), interview dates 10/23, 10/30

Still no interviews yet for me...definitely getting nervous...

I did receive and email from Washington University on 9/26 that they have received my application. When I talked to SFMatch they told me my application was sent out on 9/18 so I don't know what took them so long...

my very first ophtho interview today! :love:
northwestern via email (2nd batch) - interview dates: nov. 17, dec. 8

good luck to everyone! :luck: :luck: :luck:

SLUEI via email. Interview dates are Tues Oct 31 and Fri Nov 3. I was in the second batch.

CPMC is also calling 2nd batch applicants. Interview dates: Nov 20, 27, Dec 4

I am in the second batch and nothing yet. Any management positions available in Burger King? I can certainly cook good burgers…

consolidating the list....and adding a couple. hit quote to add to the list.
indytx

1. CPMC - 9/13 by Phone (Batch #1); interview dates this year are 11/20, 11/27, 12/4
2. Oklahoma - interview dates 11/20, 11/27, 12/4, 12/18
3. UT Southwestern - 9/18 by email (Batch #1) - interview dates 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 12/1
4. Sinai Hospital Baltimore (Krieger) - 9/13 by email (Batch #1) - interview dates 12/7, 12/8

5. Summa Health System/NEOUCOM Program- 09/28 by email- interview dates 11/17-11/18

Dang! Got so excited by an email from Jules Stein... Just saw a bunch of dates, then read the first paragraph:

Thank you for applying to the residency program at the Jules Stein Eye Institute.

This email confirms receipt of your application. If you are selected to interview, you will be contacted via email after November 1. Some changes to our interview schedule have occurred. Listed below are the revised interview dates:

November 29
December 6
December 13
December 20

*sigh* back 2 the waiting game...

Congrats!

My first one too!!

University of Oklahoma via email... others already mentioned dates...

Batch #2

Got my first two interview offers today, breathed deeply, and smiled (Batch 3, I believe):

Wilmer (a group email that helpfully names the other 30 recipients) - only dates offered are 10/16 and 10/24.

UT-SW - 11/3, 12/1

G'luck all.

Do residency programs use cut off step 1 scores to screen applicants? Any idea what some of them are?

BTW, Congratulations to all who got interviews!!!

They are finally starting to trickle in.

Tufts 10/01 - e-mail
Univ. of Wisconsin 10/02 - e-mail
Oct 20
Nov 17

1st batch