Interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received the same e-mail on October 7th and got my interview invite on October 10th...so three days for me.

Pretty much the same for me--initial email on the 7th and the invite on the 9th.

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome to see so much early success in this thread and the acceptance thread!

The only thing else to say about interviews this cycle is......COME ON BARRY & AZPOD!!! ANY DAY NOW WOULD BE FINE!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)

The only thing else to say about interviews this cycle is......COME ON BARRY & AZPOD!!! ANY DAY NOW WOULD BE FINE!!! :D

I agree! I really want to interview all around the same time so I dont have to put down multiple deposits! CSPM offered me interview dates dec 2nd, 4th, and 9th. But I want to hear from other schools before i schedule! Stressful...

I am really upset that AZPod has decided to post pone interviews this long...especially since I just got accepted to Scholl and they require their deposit within 2 weeks!! So it looks like I won't be visiting AZPod...I just can't justify spending airfare, hotel, and possibly losing deposit money at Scholl and DMU when I've already been accepted. I was looking forward to visiting AZPod.

Last edited:
Definitely agree. I'm not sure what AZpod is waiting for, but I spoke to a lady on the phone there yesterday and she said that there are only a few interview spots on schedule for 2009 with the majority being in 2010 after the New Year. I really hope that is not the case....

I think I'll try calling again on Monday and perhaps even emailing Dean Page to get the full scoop on their plans.

JanV - does scholl not grant extensions? Also, what did you think of DMU as compared to scholl? I'm heading to DMU monday.

..she said that there are only a few interview spots on schedule for 2009 with the majority being in 2010 after the New Year.

This makes little sense to me. Why would any school (especially one that would like to be considered a top tier program) not interview as early in the cycle as possible?

It may not hold true for all students, but in general it seems that if you have an acceptance in hand from School A and place a deposit down in October, it would take a pretty life changing interview experience at AZPOD in January to walk away from however much $$$ you put down at School A and put another deposit down for AZPOD.

This seems counter productive to what I would think each college sets out to do; recruit the very brightest, most qualified students possible before they are committed to another institution.

I am really upset that AZPod has decided to post pone interviews this long...especially since I just got accepted to Scholl and they require their deposit within 2 weeks!! So it looks like I won't be visiting AZPod...I just can't justify spending airfare, hotel, and possibly losing deposit money at Scholl and DMU when I've already been accepted. I was looking forward to visiting AZPod.

I have a question for you. So after your interview at scholl, how many days passed until you received your acceptance notification?

So, I just called up OCPM because I heard they have been mailing out invites and for some reason most of my stuff from schools is going to the wrong address. Anyways, sure enough, they sent it to the wrong address and now I have to wait until I get it again.

In the meantime, would anyone mind throwing me a bone and telling me whether they offers specific dates in the packet for an invite or whether it is one of those "we offer interviews every monday and friday" deals. If someone could please let me know so I can schedule an interview, I'd appreciate it. You can also PM me if there are more details that may be helpful.

Thanks!

OCPM is offering 15 dates from now until Jan 29 for interviews.
All of them will be on a Wed or Fri.
Wed will be 9a-12p
Fri 9a-3p

If you applied to AZPOD make sure to check your MWUNET account today. They have the interview schedule up...only 3 dates, nov. 6th, 16th, and dec 10th. They did NOT send me an email saying I had been invited, I just had to check on my own.

Do you sign up for a MWUNET account after they receive your information from AACPMAS, because I just tried to sign up and it didn't accept my information, but I figure that might be because my applications were just released today and they don't have my AACPMAS information yet?

Last edited:
AZPOD will send you the information on how to set up your MWUNET account. If you have received the email and are still having trouble, I would call admissions.

I will be at AZPOD on Nov. 16th, DMU on Nov. 9th. any one else interviewing on those dates?

Members don't see this ad :)
royal rooters,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I didn't ask Scholl for an extension so I'm not sure. As for DMU vs. Scholl...they are both great schools. The facilities at DMU are truly amazing. DMU is very technologically advanced. After much thought I'm going with Scholl. It just feels like a better fit. Plus I want to stay in Illinois and for the 2009 match Scholl grabbed 22 of the 27 residency position in Illinois.

Footpro,

I interviewed on a thursday and recieved an email friday the week after...so exactly 8 days.

interview invite for azpod came in my email account this morning. Anyone else attending on Nov 6th? I am super nervous!

Excited about AZpod setting up interview appointments. I'll be there Nov 6th!

Barry invite just hit the inbox! :D:D:D

Gotta pick a date, Mondays and Fridays starting at 9am.

EDIT: Set for November 13th!

Last edited:
royal rooters,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I didn't ask Scholl for an extension so I'm not sure. As for DMU vs. Scholl...they are both great schools. The facilities at DMU are truly amazing. DMU is very technologically advanced. After much thought I'm going with Scholl. It just feels like a better fit. Plus I want to stay in Illinois and for the 2009 match Scholl grabbed 22 of the 27 residency position in Illinois.

No problem. Interview went as expected - no big surprises. Agree that the facilities/technology at DMU is truly unbelievable! Best of luck to you at Scholl - perhaps I'll end up there too. Who knows!

Is there an interview feedback page for podiatry? I have no idea how to prepare. I only applied to AZpod, so any advice would be wonderful.

I'll be interviewing at...
Temple Nov. 30th
Des Moines Dec. 4th
Scholl Dec. 10th

anyone else have any of those dates?

Is there an interview feedback page for podiatry? I have no idea how to prepare. I only applied to AZpod, so any advice would be wonderful.

Yes, click the "interview feedback" tab at the top of the SDN page and then click "podiatry school." All 9 podiatry schools are listed with any feedback that people have written out.

Got my phone call from WesternU today. I will be interviewing Nov. 17th anyone else?

I received an interview invitation from NYCPM and OCPM. I was wondering if anyone had an estimate on how many interviewees get accepted? Basically my question is if you get an interview what is the probability that you will be accepted? (assuming you don't mess up the interview)

Thanks

I received an interview invitation from NYCPM and OCPM. I was wondering if anyone had an estimate on how many interviewees get accepted? Basically my question is if you get an interview what is the probability that you will be accepted? (assuming you don't mess up the interview)

Thanks

Well, the total number of applicants for pod school is around 800 and the class size is about 550. That means by just applying you have a 68% chance of getting in. Assuming that at least 1/3 of people applying probably aren't qualified yet (not finished their courses, very low GPA/MCAT), your chances of getting accepted if you score an interview are pretty dang high.

DMU told us they interview about 150 students and accept about 100 (knowing that only about 50 will want to attend there). At Temple the person I interviewed with told us that basically if we were interviewing then we could probably assume we were accepted unless we totally botch the interview. So in other words, chances of acceptance are high.

At Temple the person I interviewed with told us that basically if we were interviewing then we could probably assume we were accepted unless we totally botch the interview.

classy

Interviewing in Philly on the 9th and NYC on the 10th! Anybody else?

Who else is interviewing at Scholl on November 6th (Friday) this week?

Anyone interviewing at Temple this friday?

I interview at DMU on the 16th, I'm waiting to hear back from AZPOD, my application was sent in over 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet, I've already got interviews at both other schools I applied to, is it normal for Arizona to take this long to get back to you?

For AZpod you'll have to create an MWU account and log into the online portal to access your personal application file. If granted an interview your interview invite will be under the tab called "interview scheduling". I did not get an email from them saying I was granted an interview, so after a while I got worried and called. They told me to check online and there it was.

You'll only get an email from the school after you schedule your interview to confirm the date.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Yeah I tried that, their system tells me they have no records for me, but after 2 weeks I figure they should, I'll just call their admissions and talk to them, thanks for your input.

I'll be at Scholl Nov. 6th and DMU Nov. 9th

Anyone else?

I'll be at DMU November 16, and AZPOD December 10, anyone else? I really need to get into one of these... they are the only two I applied to, and the only two I want to go to.

I'm interviewing and touring this week and I wasn't sure if I can or should bring someone with me. I'm not traveling alone and I don't want them to have to wait in the hotel for six hours. I called the school and they said it was fine, but I wanted to know what some other people thought or did. Thanks!

I'm interviewing and touring this week and I wasn't sure if I can or should bring someone with me. I'm not traveling alone and I don't want them to have to wait in the hotel for six hours. I called the school and they said it was fine, but I wanted to know what some other people thought or did. Thanks!

Ehhh....yeah I personally do not think it is the best idea in the world to have somebody with you by your side on interview day. If that person wants to come to campus and tour on their own while you're going about your business, then I'd say that's okay. This way they won't be with you while you are with the interview group meeting with students, touring campus, getting the financial aid talk, asking questions, etc. Bottom line, they'll just have to entertain themselves for the day. Keep in mind that this is professional school - you'll want to give admissions committees every reason to believe that you are someone who is independent enough that you can function solo for a short period of time. Not everything you encounter will be teamwork based, so it's practical to be able to handle certain situations (like this one) by yourself.

Depending upon who this person is in relation to you (spouse, sibling, parent, friend, significant other, etc) really depends how much thought you should give it. However, my own thoughts on the matter are that this other person should spend the day in town walking/driving around and getting to know the area a little bit. They could take pictures and then get back to you in the afternoon when you're done interviewing and tell you what they think of the area you may live in for the next 3-4 years. Since interviews are generally over by about 2pm you still have time to check out campus or part of the town together.

Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

You definitely can bring someone along, but I would take a second to think about whether or not it projects an image that you don't want. By that I just mean that you should decide whether bringing someone projects the image that you are not independent, or whether it doesn't bother you or the person you bring if they are the only non-interviewee there. We talked about this a while back here :http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=621109. I have seen boyfriends, parents, etc, but they are not that common.

Edit: Dang, it takes me too long to type, Royal Rooters beat me to the answer! I second what he said

I agree with royal rooters, its a terrible idea to bring someone along. Its not an open house, its a professional interview. Bringing someone along will make it seem like you need to have your hand held the whole way. If your travel partner can't stand waiting in the hotel then they should go out and see the city. Its a great opportunity for them to see if they want to live there. Besides, what would they gain from walking around the school with you? They aren't going there. There are plenty more productive and interesting things they can be doing.

I know that personally I'd feel pretty embarrassed for someone interviewing with me that had their spouse or significant other poking around. Its just not a good idea.

Go alone. Some shi*head brought his mom on the interview day (or maybe she brought him!). Mormon kid brought his parents and girlfriend/wife. It was all unnecessary. The day is all about you, not anyone else. Tell them to go to the hotel pool and chill a bit, yall can go to dinner afterwards. And if you are going to CSPM, Ohio, or Barry you can even celebrate your same day acceptance!!!

Go alone. Some shi*head brought his mom on the interview day (or maybe she brought him!). Mormon kid brought his parents and girlfriend/wife. It was all unnecessary. The day is all about you, not anyone else. Tell them to go to the hotel pool and chill a bit, yall can go to dinner afterwards. And if you are going to CSPM, Ohio, or Barry you can even celebrate your same day acceptance!!!

Unfortunately, that's all too true.

To sum this all up for the OP, do not bring anyone to the interview -it just looks dumb.

I am a prepod and from talking to some of the school advisor over the phone they say that some of the schools have extensive review processes for app files before and during interviews which allows them to expedite things and give out same day acceptances. My concern is what is wrong with that? It gives a student a sense of accomplishment even if you dont intent to attend after your reaction to the interview day.

Ok so "anyone with a pulse" can get into Nycpm, Ohio, cspm and barry. Temple accepts Gre and Dat. OH MY.:eek:
So that leaves DMU, Scholl and Azpod as the "good schools".
No comments made about Western.
Really?
When that certain guy made comments about Scholl, lots of people came to their defense and people are insulting some of these other schools left and right and no one says anything. Am i to assume all these people attend or aspire to attend Scholl only? or that the people who attend or have an interest on those schools listed above are too ashamed to say anything?
Really? Anyone?

Interviewed at Western. They've assembled a who's who of podiatry for their faculty (Harkless, Jones, Christman, and a big time surgical pod at UCLA). Their curriculum is intense, a little too intense if you ask me...nobody else is in class for 35-40 hours a week as far as I know...but the 3rd year students are going to go into rotations and be more prepared IMO than 90% of pod students since they begin clinical work in the first year (classes in the first semester that teach procedures and have students work up cases). Is it worth the extra courses? I don't know, but they are doing things right if you ask me. The only problem I see is that you still lack the name recognition among residency directors as other programs who have been sending kids to program X for the last 10 years. They are actively setting up residencies in So Cal but will be a few years before they expand up the west coast and towards the midwest. Anyways, I've got a tough decision to make. Hopefully this info helps someone else make up their mind :D

Ok so "anyone with a pulse" can get into Nycpm, Ohio, cspm and barry. Temple accepts Gre and Dat. OH MY.:eek:
So that leaves DMU, Scholl and Azpod as the "good schools"?

Only if you define a "good school" exclusively by entering class stats.

According to all of the attendings and residents I have spoken with, the basic sciences are precisely what you make of them. You and your text books are all you really need.

3rd year student clinic opportunities, on the other hand, are widely varied between schools. Those 3rd year opportunities are the most valuable part of your education in preparation for 4th year externships and applying to residency.

Does anyone have any statistics concerning first time board passing rates from school to school? Specifically OCPM?

I submitted my app yesterday evening and got an e-mail from OCPM this morning saying the received my app and I should wait for more info regarding an interview etc...How long did it take schools to send an interview invite after the received your app?

It depends, after I submitted my application on AACPMAS it took them about three weeks to calculate gpa and send them out. After they sent them out it took about two days to get an invite from Ohio, about a week to get an invite from DMU, and another week after that to get an interview from AZPOD. Good Luck!

Does anyone have any statistics concerning first time board passing rates from school to school? Specifically OCPM?

I heard 76% first time pass rate for the last ohio kiddies who took the exam. It's either the lowest or 2nd lowest pod school passing rate (something to think about IMO). As I mentioned recently, the school with a below average pass rate has the highest amount of perfect 4.0 students - makes you wonder about the curriculum over there...

I have never heard anything about Barry's 1st time pass rate - probably just as low or worse than ohio.

I heard 76% first time pass rate for the last ohio kiddies who took the exam. It's either the lowest or 2nd lowest pod school passing rate (something to think about IMO). As I mentioned recently, the school with a below average pass rate has the highest amount of perfect 4.0 students - makes you wonder about the curriculum over there...

I have never heard anything about Barry's 1st time pass rate - probably just as low or worse than ohio.

When I interviewed at OCPM this past October Dean Lott told me that the first time pass rate was 92%. I wrote this down so I am def sure about this.

I really give up when it comes to first time pass rates...the numbers vary way too much. It's prob one of the more frustrating aspects of applying to Podiatry school.