Interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My GPA has been calculated!! MCAT still not loaded though...

Members don't see this ad.

Nice janV! Keep us posted on official scores and then when they show they've mailed your app to schools...until my app status changes I'm gonna go ahead and live vicariously through yours :D

haha...sounds good dtrack!

I got even more interesting news. I just received an email saying "Your application, coursework, and transcripts have been verified and Scholl College is currently screening your file." I'm so excited!

This is weird though since the status still says no MCAT and not mailed.

Members don't see this ad :)
JanV, just curious as to when you submitted your app? I sent in mine on the 12th, so I'm hoping to hear back soon.

I submitted it on the 11th...Im sure your app is right behind mine on the list. :thumbup:

This all coming from the guy who said Barry has no clinic(s) :rolleyes:

how do any of my posts change how stupid yours are? keep'em coming deedee :laugh:

Last edited:
good to have you back ckjets

this thread would make Theta and GymMan proud.

GPA calculations are in for my app as well. Still no MCAT results but it's exciting to have something new to look at after over a week of checking the dang app daily and getting nothing!

For those of you waiting for movement on your application here is some updated info:

I just spoke to one of the operators at AACPMAS and they expect tomorrow to be a day for releasing GPA's and MCAT scores. So feel free to take a break from the refresh button for the rest of the day.

Good news, yes? We'll see what happens tomorrow :xf:

NYCPM and Scholl interview invites came in today!!

Heading to temple this coming monday and new york tuesday. Then Scholl the following thursday, oct. 15. I can't wait!

I got an interview from NYCPM and Scholl today. See you in Chicago October 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
what are people's stats that have already received interview invites? My GPA finally got calculated on my AACPMAS application but I have not received any word yet from any schools on whether I was invited for an interview or not.

My stats (from AACPMAS application):

3.3 gpa
21O MCAT score
BS in Exercise Sport Science
MS in Biological Science

Applied to Nycpm, Ocpm, Scholl, Temple...I want Nycpm bc of their January term program.

Thanks dtrack!

jedimaster, I guess I will be seeing you at Scholl on Oct. 15. :thumbup: Can't wait!

Oh and heads up for everyone...Scholl is now doing panel interviews with an adcom, faculty, and student.

what are people's stats that have already received interview invites? My GPA finally got calculated on my AACPMAS application but I have not received any word yet from any schools on whether I was invited for an interview or not.

My stats (from AACPMAS application):

3.3 gpa
21O MCAT score
BS in Exercise Sport Science
MS in Biological Science

Applied to Nycpm, Ocpm, Scholl, Temple...I want Nycpm bc of their January term program.

My GPA was calculated today, I'm hoping to hear something in the next week. A few days ago I did get an email from Ohio stating that I would be getting some additional information via snail mail. But I've yet to receive that information packet.

Anyway, I wouldn't be too worried yet, give it a few days, I'm sure you'll hear something!

Good luck :thumbup:

Janv and Jedi, have your applications been mailed out?? i'm wondering why I still haven't heard anything =( Congrats on the interviews!

My application is still listed as not mailed. My grades have been verified and the calculations are posted. The schools can see that.

i got my invite from DMU this morning! i'll be heading there on the 12th.

shava, I'm not sure that you have any room to talk, other than that you are upset with NY for something. The materials used in some classes are lectures directly from MD programs, by the professors that presented them originally. Feel free to PM me if you require minuscule details.

Even so, my point was that professors teaching different places is not an affiliation.

Your first mistake was saying "from what I was told". My first mistake was assuming that my first hand knowledge would be counted as accurate. Its first hand knowledge, its accurate.

I think you are misinformed for as much as you say your information is accurate. That's just my opinion. Perhaps the lectures for one class comes directly from a DO--not even an MD--program. And yes, I actually do have room to talk.

Got an invite from CSPM (sam merrit), haven't heard anything from any of the other programs. They are currently holding interviews Oct. 16th, 28th, and nov. 4th if anyone was curious. I'm gonna hold off on this interview till our football season is over, if I take it at all. Good luck to the rest of you who are traveling as soon as next weekend!

Oh, and my app HAS NOT been mailed, but all of the info (transcripts, official tests, GPA calc, etc.) are all finally filled out and can bee seen on my app.

Last edited:
Looks like the person at the AACPMAS office was right about Friday. All of my info (transcripts, official tests, GPA calc, etc.) has been filled out and can bee seen on my application as well.

For those of you with interviews planned, how do the schools contact you to set them up? And do they give you a few dates that you can choose from?

I got emails from the schools. NYCPM told me to call them, and set up a date from a Monday-Thursday during the week. Scholl gave me 2 choices, which was the next 2 Thursdays.

CSPM (sam merrit) sent an email saying you've been offered an interview. The attached word document had a few more details including three dates to choose from. They asked that you email them back to set up a date.

Are we supposed to send our MCAT scores to every school or just to AACPMAS? Thanks!

Just release them to AACPMAS and they will do the rest.

I have an odd question...Do any of you consider the scope of practice in the states where your choice of school is when you decide?

In other words, if someone picks Cali Sam Merritt the recruiter told me that school will teach ankle, upto knee, surgery and whatever their state allows as opposed to NYCPM where NY only allows practice upto ankle and not sure what else is included so they will only teach that area. So my question is do you guys take that into account when you pick your school of choice that you would like to go to or you just pick schools depending on the education and quality of school, etc?

I have an odd question...Do any of you consider the scope of practice in the states where your choice of school is when you decide?

In other words, if someone picks Cali Sam Merritt the recruiter told me that school will teach ankle, upto knee, surgery and whatever their state allows as opposed to NYCPM where NY only allows practice upto ankle and not sure what else is included so they will only teach that area. So my question is do you guys take that into account when you pick your school of choice that you would like to go to or you just pick schools depending on the education and quality of school, etc?

I may be wrong, but I read somewhere on here that NYCPM has an MD on site so they can train all the way up to the knee... but again I just remember reading that somewhere...

I may be wrong, but I read somewhere on here that NYCPM has an MD on site so they can train all the way up to the knee... but again I just remember reading that somewhere...

the NYCPM recruiter told me that they teach up tot he knee

I got an e-mail from DMU this morning saying that they are waiting on my MCAT score...do you guys know how long it takes AMCAS to send official scores to AACPMAS? My score is released on the 13th!

My MCAT score was released last Tuesday and 2 days later it was in the AACPMAS system.

I got an e-mail from DMU this morning saying that they are waiting on my MCAT score...do you guys know how long it takes AMCAS to send official scores to AACPMAS? My score is released on the 13th!

Mine were released on 9/10 and they still haven't shown up on AACPMAS. I'm not sure what the hold up is, but this seems pretty excessive. :(

I released my MCAT score to AACPMAS on 09/03 and it finally went through this past Friday (10/02). I imagine that your score will be processed any day now.

I released my MCAT score to AACPMAS on 09/03 and it finally went through this past Friday (10/02). I imagine that your score will be processed any day now.

Thanks for the information, it's appreciated! :)

Got an interview invite from NYCPM for the January program yesterday. My GPA and MCAT scores are posted on my AACPMAS application.

This whole POD admissions thing is weird though. I had to e-mail NYCPM to make sure they had received my GPA and MCAT scores from the AACPMAS application. I got a response and an interview invite the same day.

I wonder if I hadn't made the effort to contact them how much time would have passed until they finally would have invited me for an interview? Thats the kind of vibe i got from the whole situation.

When you send out LOR's, do you have the doctors/professors send them directly to the schools? Or do you collect all of them and send them out in one big envelope yourself?

Also, for OCPM and temple, they want a transcript mailed directly to them right? (just making sure because I already sent a transcript to AACPMAS).

When you send out LOR's, do you have the doctors/professors send them directly to the schools? Or do you collect all of them and send them out in one big envelope yourself?

Also, for OCPM and temple, they want a transcript mailed directly to them right? (just making sure because I already sent a transcript to AACPMAS).

All schools will require transcripts sent directly to them. How else do they know you told the truth on your app?

I sent my LOR's and transcripts together in one envelope to each school.

All schools will require transcripts sent directly to them. How else do they know you told the truth on your app?

Because AACPMAS verifies it. :confused:

I asked this question of one admin office, I was told to send in transcript copies to the school only if I am accepted and intend to matriculate.

In addition to AACPMAS verifying your coursework, I also think that sending transcripts to all schools is a bit redundant. I believe the new practice of sending the transcripts directly to AACPMAS was intended to help streamline the application process, reduce paperwork, and minimize errors.

I have an interview at DMU and have not sent them my transcripts directly.
However, sending in transcripts if you plan to matriculate makes sense. Anybody else know sending transcripts is a requirement this year in light of the new centralized transcript service from AACPMAS? This might be school-specific.

The man from the sunshine state is right. AACPMAS verifies your transcript and although I don't know for sure I would guess that they send at least a copy of it along with the rest of your "hard copy" application that is mailed to each school. You do NOT need to send an official transcript to each program, only the program of matriculation.

So save the money it costs to send an official transcript and only send out two...one to AACPMAS and one to your new school once you've made that decision.

Because AACPMAS verifies it. :confused:

I asked this question of one admin office, I was told to send in transcript copies to the school only if I am accepted and intend to matriculate.

Just curious, how does AACPMAS verify your grades? Doing all my work from non US Universities, I sent transcripts to all the schools I applied. I did it before I had interviews with the schools.

Just curious, how does AACPMAS verify your grades?

I don't have first hand knowledge of the exact process.

Since you send an official copy of each transcript to AACPMAS and also enter each course and grade into the system, I imagine it is just a case of a staffer (or two, for the sake of accuracy) pulling up your entered courses screen with your official transcript in hand and going down the list verifying that each course was entered accurately.:thumbup:

You input all coursework information on the online application and then AACPMAS cross-checks everything (course number, course title, credit hours, grade) with the information from your official transcripts. For the 2010 application cycle, it is the responsibility of the applicant to have an official transcript from each college attended sent to AACPMAS as opposed to years past when you sent them to each individual school. This way, everything is verified once (through AACPMAS) and not multiple times (from each pod school).

I got invited to TUSPM interview and my mcats haven't been posted yet, is this normal?

I got invited to TUSPM interview and my mcats haven't been posted yet, is this normal?

Sure, why not? They can interview you, but they can’t accept you until they see your MCAT. I think it's normal.

P.S. TUSPM invited me for an interview too!
:thumbup:

Hey everyone I'm gettin pretty upset about AACPMAS computing my GPA calculations. They recieved my transcript from my university 9/17/09 and from a community college where I took a few class 9/29/09. How much longer will I have to wait to recieve my GPA calculations?