Interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catchburns

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got invited to interview at Temple and got an email from DMU telling me they are just waiting for letters of recommendation. Anyone else hearing anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Long time viewer...first time poster of this forum.

I also got an interview from Temple:D. Western "welcomed" me into the application process and NYCPM said they have received my application. This confuses me because the status on my application is still GPA not calculated and Tests not received.

I hope to get my LORs sent out next week.

Long time viewer...first time poster of this forum.

I also got an interview from Temple:D. Western "welcomed" me into the application process and NYCPM said they have received my application. This confuses me because the status on my application is still GPA not calculated and Tests not received.

I hope to get my LORs sent out next week.

Same here. My tests haven't been received either and they still haven't calculated my GPA. I think the schools get a preliminary copy of the application online that tells them our documentation is "pending". Some schools like DMU don't actually interview until after everything is verified and mailed to them from AACPMAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Janv88 - BTW, when are you interviewing @ Temple? I scheduled mine for the 9th since I'm moving the week before that.

Haven't had the chance to schedule mine yet and I'm sure it's too late now...after 5pm eastern. But I'm looking for a friday interview.

Hi! Did you just hear from Temple today? What kinds of grades did you have that you got an interview from there? You can send me a message if you want. Thanks!

Yea I got a call from the admissions director at Temple this afternoon too. He kind of unofficially told me I will be getting an interview its in the works. I dont understand how some of you who were able to schedule your interviews already. I also got emails from DMU and NYCPM about receiving my application.

Other people who are getting calls or emials post your stuff too please we need to share and cooperate with each other so everyone gets in where they want.

I have started my app at AACPMAS, hopefully everything is done and sent by next week.

I didn't hear from Temple, but of course I didn't apply there either. ;) I did hear from DMU, it sounds as though I got the same (they got notification of my application) email others got. Anyway, so far I've only heard from DMU.

i sent in my apps on wednesday and i have heard from DMU and NYCPM on friday telling me they received my apps. i havent heard from temple yet though

I'm interviewing at Temple next Friday, the 25th. Is anyone else interviewing that day?

I also received the same emails from DMU, NYCPM, and Western, and am waiting for my GPA calculations/MCAT scores received.

I believe the schools receive your application the day after you submit it, but certain schools will not evaluate it until it is complete.

Does anyone know when azpod starts sending invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who got invites to Temple, did you submit your MCAT scores? I took the MCAT on Sept. 10th, but I listed it at "planned" because you can't enter N/A instead of a numerical value for scores. Thanks!

So while Temple may be already offering interviews (very sad IMO...not even bothering to weed out applicants who have no business being there).

I wonder how this ends up working itself out.

Maybe they interview and then review the file? :confused:

Not applying to Temple so I guess it's not my problem...that's one of those waring signs if you ask me. Kinda like accepting 120 kids knowing that maybe 90 of them will actually graduate, and then too many of those will only get 1-year residencies and be ill-equipped to do much more than cutting nails :eek:

"We have received your application for admission to the class of 2014 to the New York College of Podiatric Medicine."

Yes I know how to read.

I believe the schools have access to the apps online and see the same thing as us. So they can read our PS, view our unverified grades, and unverified test scores. Whether thats the "right" or "wrong" thing to do is debatable.

I agree with janV88. Please reference Mandy from Scholl:

"When you "submit" your application, AACPMAS is the first to receive your electronic application. Your application is loaded to our admissions portal within the day and I can see if your status is "pending documents" or "pending verification." Pending documents means one or more of your transcripts have not been received by the application service."

As mentioned earlier, some schools will not view your file until all transcripts are received and grades are verified.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=653470&page=2

Simmer down janV88...I said some of you. That would refer to splingo who unknowingly or not explained exactly what I just said. The admissions office can see that you designated them as a school were you'd like your app to be sent. Once the entire application process is complete, you will then see the date is was sent (says date mailed on the "programs" section of the app). Doesn't mean they have your finished app or access to any of your info, just means they can see wether parts of your app are pending.

And as for as that being debatable, its not. No school should give an interview based on what you entered, especially since a handful of us will have enough inaccuracies in our app that it will be rejected and need to be redone. Doesn't vision 2015 have something to do with increasing standards in education?

"SCPM is not reviewing applications with any pending status. Once your application is completely verified and "delivered" to our office, we will match your application to your LORs that have arrived in our office."

It's clear from the first sentence that the schools are in fact able to view our entire application but some...probably most...will not review applications with a pending status or incomplete LORs.

I think the schools have as much to gain from interviewing early as applicants do.

Last edited:
"I think the schools have as much to gain from interviewing early as applicants do.

Totally agree. I went through the interview process at 3 DO schools last year (2 of which I got acceptances from) and it would have made no difference to them whether they had my application first or not. Probably like med schools, some of the schools use a closed-file method of interviewing anyway so what would it matter if they have your app at all?

Sure, I understand what you are saying about "standards" but when you consider the fact that there are less than 900 applicants to pod schools and nearly 600 are accepted, that means that most of these schools will interview almost everyone who applies anyways... so what's the point of waiting?? The order that they weed out their applicants doesn't really make any difference at all.

The competition isn't too great for pod. The schools try to grab as many students as quickly as possible. If you interview at NYCPM or Temple and have to make a decision in 30 days, those 30 days could pass before your Western or other school interview. Thus, you pay your deposit and decide before other schools even get a chance. Thats probably why Temple calls you 45 seconds after you submit your app and get you out there asap. If your scores turn out poorly, they just won't accept you. err

Advice: there is no rush. Students will apply in July 2010 for your class and get in with no problem. Don't rush your decisions.

The competition isn't too great for pod. The schools try to grab as many students as quickly as possible. If you interview at NYCPM or Temple and have to make a decision in 30 days, those 30 days could pass before your Western or other school interview. Thus, you pay your deposit and decide before other schools even get a chance. Thats probably why Temple calls you 45 seconds after you submit your app and get you out there asap. If your scores turn out poorly, they just won't accept you. err

Advice: there is no rush. Students will apply in July 2010 for your class and get in with no problem. Don't rush your decisions.

Does anyone remember / know when some of the other school's not mentioned on this post started to send out invites last year ?

can anyone who got interview invites post stats?

Thanks

No school should give an interview based on what you entered, especially since a handful of us will have enough inaccuracies in our app that it will be rejected and need to be redone.

Not sure I understand your logic on this. First, if you are applying for a graduate education program of any kind, I would hope you would take the time to enter your information correctly so you don't have to do it again. That speaks volumes of you when you mess that up. Kind of like spelling something wrong on a cover letter or resume, it just looks bad.

Also, if you set up an interview and interview with your stats "unofficial" and then your transcript comes back and it shows you lied or fudged numbers or whatever, then your acceptance will be revoked. In the end, you are the one who lost time, money and looked stupid while applying.

I don't think it looks bad on the schools part. Of course, if you submit your application and hear from them within 30 mins then yes I agree, that speaks volumes (negatively) when it is obvious they barely looked at your application, if at all.

then too many of those will only get 1-year residencies and be ill-equipped to do much more than cutting nails

There are no 1 year residencies and barely any 2 year ones left. Its either a 3 year residency or no residency. No residency = no job.

Sad but true. If you are a questionable student then applying early helps. You are also more likely to get better scholarship money as well. Also, most all the schools will extend your 30 day period to pay the deposit. They understand wanting to see all the schools you want too before making a decision. You should have no problem getting extensions for that.

I'm not defending my school. I am simply saying that if you are applying to professional school there should be no errors. It's common professional skills, don't misspell a word on a cover letter or resume. It simply makes you look like you don't care or can't take the time to proofread.

Also, you seem to be sadly misinformed on a number of issues. You have already shown your lack of knowledge on residencies. Temple Podiatry is not integrated with allopathic at all. We are our own separate entity here.

It really is like the blind leading the blind in this pre-pod forum. So many posters seem to know so much when in reality they don't and don't like it when they are called on it.

I'll worry about my studies, why don't you worry about actually getting your application correctly submitted and learning about the entire process of becoming a podiatrist so you don't ask outdated questions on your interview.

Last edited:
I am simply saying that if you are applying to professional school there should be no errors. It's common professional skills, don't misspell a word on a cover letter or resume. It simply makes you look like you don't care or can't take the time to proofread.

Never argued with you on this point. However, individuals who apply to pod school often times have sub-par GPA's and MCATs so I would bet a lot of money that mistakes ARE made. I know AMCAS red flags apps so it's pretty ignorant to think that AACPMAS doesn't encounter the same problems.

Also, you seem to be sadly misinformed on a number of issues. You have already shown your lack of knowledge on residencies. Temple Podiatry is not integrated with allopathic at all. We are our own separate entity here.
1. I never mentioned residencies in any of my previous posts...critical reading will get you far
2. Sorry about the temple reference, while I now understand that you don't sit in classes with the MD students, I do know that your professors rotate through the medical professional programs and you rotate through the Temple U hospital. To an extent, you are integrated. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=8208111&highlight=temple+medical+students#post8208111

I'm not interviewing at Temple so I guess I don't have to worry about that last point :cool:

1. I never mentioned residencies in any of my previous posts...critical reading will get you far

See below. Having a half decent memory will get you even further. Try rereading your posts before being a smartass, especially when its the exact same thread you are replying in.

Not applying to Temple so I guess it's not my problem...that's one of those waring signs if you ask me. Kinda like accepting 120 kids knowing that maybe 90 of them will actually graduate, and then too many of those will only get 1-year residencies and be ill-equipped to do much more than cutting nails :eek:

you rotate through the Temple U hospital. To an extent, you are integrated.

I would call that shared resources but call it what you want. If it makes students feel better to think they are integrated then fine, but make no mistake, Temple Pod is def. not integrated with the allopathic. Unless you count sharing professors. If I remember correctly, OCPM has professors from Case Western, so I guess they are an integrated school as well?

NY has professors that teach in both MD and DO schools. I don't consider than an affiliation.

NY has professors that teach in both MD and DO schools. I don't consider than an affiliation.

I don't think this statement is properly worded. From what I was told, yes there are some professors that have joint positions and teach in the DO school (Touro). However, there are no professors that teach in MD schools. I think that is a bit misleading. Some professors work within the school of medicine as researchers/professors at schools that have MD programs, though not necessarily teaching MD students.

Temple and OCPM have faculty that rotate and teach both MD and DPM students, even if the objectives are slightly altered. Yes, in a way that constitutes an affiliation, however it is much more complicated than simply sharing faculty.

Not only do you share lecturers (meaning your course material between same classes, biochem v. biochem, is very similar) and facilities (meaning you're doing rotations through the same hospital under some of the same doctors), but you also have access to the same resources. You can't say that about Ohio or NY. And if shava is right then sig's post doesn't even apply. You should be happy that people think there is an affiliation with temple med since its one of the big reasons (other than being from the area) that anyone would want to apply.

You should be happy that people think there is an affiliation with temple med since its one of the big reasons (other than being from the area) that anyone would want to apply.

Why would anyone be happy to have people thinking a false belief about their school? I highly doubt anyone chooses temple podiatry because they think it is integrated with the med school. We share a name and resources so maybe people choose it because it is the only school that has a nationally recognized name and is associated with a major university.

You keep talking like I am trying to defend temple, I'm not. I am simply trying to correct you in your highly flawed thinking and obviously wrong preconceptions about temple.

I proved my own point. Typos make you look like an idiot. Thankfully mine was on a message board and not on my application.

Still waiting for you to acknowledge your rude comment about critical reading was wrong, since you had mentioned residencies.

shava, I'm not sure that you have any room to talk, other than that you are upset with NY for something. The materials used in some classes are lectures directly from MD programs, by the professors that presented them originally. Feel free to PM me if you require minuscule details.

Even so, my point was that professors teaching different places is not an affiliation.

Your first mistake was saying "from what I was told". My first mistake was assuming that my first hand knowledge would be counted as accurate. Its first hand knowledge, its accurate.

Has anyone had any updates on their applications? Mine still says the same thing...transcript received, no gpa, no mcat...and its been 2 weeks. Anyone get any more invites or heard from other schools?

Nope, same position as you. Only emails I have received were from DMU and Western that essentially say they look forward to reviewing my application.

From what I understand, some schools start interviewing October 8th/9th so I imagine that AACPMAS will finish processing the earlier applications sometime soon.

Time to hurry up and wait.

i am in the same position. i sent in my apps about 2 weeks ago and they still havent put my gpa or mcat up although they say they received my transcipts. i have heard from NYCPM and DMU telling me they received my application. I also have received an interview invite from Temple which i have scheduled for Oct. 12th.

My application still says the same thing...transcripts are there, but no GPA calculation, no test scores reported...same ole, same ole.

I did however get an email from Ohio today to "acknowledge the initial electronic receipt" of my application. It didn't say much else, just that I should expect some paperwork via snail mail and that once everything is in order I would be contacted again regarding an interview.

So, no real update as far as AACPM and application processing. But, Ohio is starting to send out emails.

I'm not interviewing at Temple so I guess I don't have to worry about that last point :cool:

Where ever you apply, they are going to know that you are applying because you did not get into med school with those stats, and if you show tremendous arrogance they are going to put you on the spot and make you feel even dumber than now after your thoughtless posts. One thing should be clear, you are not better than anyone else regardless of your borderline med school gpa and mcat (What is the med matriculation avg? 32, and 3.6? I don't know, you tell me) get over yourself.

Last edited:
ha ha, if I wanted to apply to medical school I would have. I think that goes for a number of pod students, many of whom would have gotten in given they also had the clinical and volunteer hours and took the time to apply to 15-17 schools. I guess some of your classmates (who would be in that boat) should be offended by your post? AMCAS shows average MCAT for matriculants at 30P and GPA of 3.66 (2008). So you're right, I'm just above average in one category and just below in the other. So I'm a competitive med school applicant and a scholarship recipient at the pod schools that give them out. I guess I'm failing to see your point?

No need to start a pissing match though...especially with a poster who just joined when his buddy from temple told him to :laugh:

ha ha, if I wanted to apply to medical school I would have. I think that goes for a number of pod students, many of whom would have gotten in given they also had the clinical and volunteer hours and took the time to apply to 15-17 schools. I guess some of your classmates (who would be in that boat) should be offended by your post? AMCAS shows average MCAT for matriculants at 30P and GPA of 3.66 (2008). So you're right, I'm just above average in one category and just below in the other. So I'm a competitive med school applicant and a scholarship recipient at the pod schools that give them out. I guess I'm failing to see your point?

No need to start a pissing match though...especially with a poster who just joined when his buddy from temple told him to :laugh:

I am sorry my message was not so clear, I assure you that nobody here at Temple is as arrogant as you are and I have met some very smart people with lower, equal and higher scores than yours. I really would hate to have you here at Temple and I am glad you are not applying because you are not a nice guy/gall. Message conveyed. Just in case you change your mind, I would love to slip your stats through to the admissions office here so they can be a little wary of the person with your exact scores.
Now, just a little advice to you that will help you grow: your professional life will depend on the relationships and bonds you form with people, not solely on your scores. Do with this however you please.

Yes you did... already demonstrating those superior academic skills, aren't we? :laugh: Top notch one year residencies, here comes dtrack22

You should be happy that people think there is an affiliation with temple med since its one of the big reasons (other than being from the area) that anyone would want to apply.

This is where you are wrong, I do not want an MD teaching me how to become a DPM, the best schools are the ones that have their own faculty that specialize in the field. NYCPM, regardless of what you say is an excellent school because it does. I also want my physiology courses to be thought by a PhD because they are the true experts in physiology. The advantage of Temple is that it is part of a major university and all the resources within the university are available to you, including the main campus gym. Having professors with PhD rotating around dental, medical and podiatry do not link the schools to each other, neither does the gym, sorry.
I have a great idea... ask the admissions office if they are integrated with the law school. I love you dt :love:

This all coming from the guy who said Barry has no clinic(s) :rolleyes:

Nobody wants an MD teaching them how to become a DPM. But you should want the same information presented to you throughout your basic science classes, and all medically related courses that do not relate to lower limb anatomy, as is presented to MD's, DO's, and PA's. If teacher X lectures in biochem for all the programs you mentioned (because he/she has a PhD in biochemistry), then student A and student B received very similar educations. Now, one of these students is pursuing an MD, the other a DPM yet both were able to receive the same education. Being in different buildings does not make the instruction they received any different. We are all going to be working together in health care upon completion, I'd like to think that we all had very similar education and training.

Like I said, no need to ask admissions anything since I'm not applying, though it would be nice to take 12k off the top of that first year tuition

nypodtemple said:
because you are not a nice guy/gall.
And you have no qualms saying this about someone else right after you post this...?

nypodtemple said:
Where ever you apply, they are going to know that you are applying because you did not get into med school with those stats
Someone's moral compass is way off :(