Interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They received my transcripts on 09/11 and 09/12 but didn't post my GPA until this past Friday 10/02. If they keep up at the same rate, you may have another week or so. Give them a call if you're worried and see what they say. It's possible they only release calculated GPA's and MCAT scores at pre-determined times each week.

Members don't see this ad.

The fact that they got the official transcript from the CC a week ago doesn't help. I bet that you don't have to wait too much longer though since they finished up a whole bunch of apps last friday. Give it another week, then panic..I mean call :D

Good to hear.. I might as well fine tune my application and personal statement anyway

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else interviewing at NYCPM next week? I am interviewing Oct. 15th. Wish me luck bc I want to get into this Jan program and move out of my parents house ASAP!!!!!

I just got an invite to interview at DMU. It's one of my top choices so I was happy to see it! Anyway, it came via email today eary this afternoon. They offered me dates through the end of October, I'll have to see which one will work best then get in touch with them!

congrats zaboota! has anyone heard from scholl recently?

I got invited to interview with Samuel Merritt and got letters/emails from Ohio and Western U. about receiving my application. I have yet to hear about the other colleges I applied to. AACPMAS app has had my GPA, transcripts, and MCAT scores for about a week now but still no completed mailing of my finalized app.

I'll be at DMU at the end of the month. Got an email from Scholl saying that my application has been received and it is now being pre-screened. Anybody hear from AZpod yet?

I just got an invite to interview at DMU. It's one of my top choices so I was happy to see it! Anyway, it came via email today eary this afternoon. They offered me dates through the end of October, I'll have to see which one will work best then get in touch with them!

don't take too long, the early dates fill up fast. Last year at this exact time of the month, i waited a day to respond for an interview date the next week. By the time I got back to them, the next one wasnt available for 4 weeks. Those were 4 hard weeks of waiting.

Hopefully Barry, Western, AZPod, and OCPM start sending out interview invites soon.

don't take too long, the early dates fill up fast. Last year at this exact time of the month, i waited a day to respond for an interview date the next week. By the time I got back to them, the next one wasnt available for 4 weeks. Those were 4 hard weeks of waiting.

Thanks for the tip! I'll contact them tomorrow and try to get everything lined up! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I contacted DMU and got an interview for Oct. 26th! Then about an hour after that I got an email for an interview at Scholl. I now have to find a day that will work so I can contact Scholl as well. What an exciting day!

I've got CSPM on the 28th and DMU on the 23rd. I'm waiting for two more LOR's to get to Scholl (they were both sent out today).

I haven't heard from AZPod yet and don't really care if I do since DMU, California, and Scholl are my top options.

Temple offered an interview, but I don't know if I'll end up going out there... too much $$$ and I've decided I'm not really interested in Temple.

Anyway, good luck to everyone!!!

did you guys get a confirmation when you replied to kimberly about the interview date? she's been slow returning e-mails and phone calls! thanks

Scholl interview invite came yesterday! I'll be there on the 22nd (once I receive confirmation) then at DMU on the 26th. No word yet from Western, Ohio, or AZpod.

Nice to see some movement during this process!

Got an interview from Western. Looks like it's taking about 48 hours for them to extend an interview after the official admissions committee has received your app (I got an email saying that my app was under review about 2 days ago). All of their interview dates are on Tuesday's. Sounds like AZPOD won't be getting back to anyone till late next week at the earliest since they are waiting to have official hard copies from aacpmas...good find for whoever posted that info earlier.

Like Dtrack, I also just got an interview at Western after an initial email from them 2 days ago. They listed interview dates to choose from every Tuesday starting next week up until the 10th of November.

I wonder how an ADCOM decides whether to wait for the "official copy" of applications show up to begin issuing interviews or not.

From what I have read it isn't as simple as saying the better schools wait, the weaker schools rush ahead with unverified info. Wasn't DMU one of the schools sending interview invites without having the AACPMAS copy in hand?

I'm ready to start hearing some interview feedback from AZPOD, Barry, and Western already! :)

EDIT: it was my understanding that the official copies are electronically "mailed" not postal service mailed, so all schools should have an official copy delivered tomorrow. I'm not sure what to expect as far as lag time between receipt and when interview invites will start heading out.

it was my understanding that the official copies are electronically "mailed" not postal service mailed, so all schools should have an official copy delivered tomorrow. I'm not sure what to expect as far as lag time between receipt and when interview invites will start heading out.

Sounds good to me. I guess I had just assumed they actually mailed copies since the schools have access to our apps as soon as we e-submit them. Anyways, 48 hours has been pretty much the norm for admissions committee reviews from each school once the app is accessed, however some have been much quicker at accessing than others. Hopefully AZPOD is sending out info early next week.

Just because some schools choose to go ahead with this "verified" information sooner then others doesn't mean they are low quality institutions.

I never said that that it does.

"From what I have read it isn't as simple as saying the better schools wait, the weaker schools rush ahead with unverified info."

E-AACPMAS just updated my Programs page, changed from Not Mailed to 10/16/09 os listed as the mailing date for my app!

Yay! :D

How long did it take for schools to send emails saying they received a "notification" of your application after you e-submitted?

Thanks

How long did it take for schools to send emails saying they received a "notification" of your application after you e-submitted?

Thanks

None of the schools I applied to sent a notification.

None of the schools I applied to sent a notification.

There are some posters on this link that said they recieved an email from say... OCPM stating that they recieved notification of their application and are sending more information in the mail.

What does it say under your mailing "status" though ?

Before it's mailed it says "Not Mailed" under the status.

After it is scheduled to be mailed, the date appears under the "Mailing Date" heading.

So now under the "status" it says nothing.

EDIT: I'm not sure if there is a status change associated with the mailing too, I was just commenting that the info I got early in the week about today being the mailing date has turned out to be correct.

Just wondering.

AACPMAS states that my apps have been mailed today. However, the mailing status is blank.....and beside that (next column) is the word "No".

Just wondering.

AACPMAS states that my apps have been mailed today. However, the mailing status is blank.....and beside that (next column) is the word "No".

Yeah mine too, I was told they will go out at some point today, hence the mailing date of 10/16. I guess when someone actually presses the button the mailing status will also change to "yes".

Mailing status - yes.

lol that sounds so awkward.

My mailing status still says "no." Got an email from Barry, finally, but it just says they got my app and it has been sent to a committee for review. Sounds like Barry should be sending out invites as soon as monday/tuesday and interviews will start in 2 weeks. Still no word from AZPOD...glad to see they have time to post videos on the site though :rolleyes:

Got an email from Barry, looks like we have to wait a couple more weeks. It said interview invites will start going out towards the end of the month.

Last edited:
I received invites from both Temple and NYC. Really hoping to hear from DMU/Scholl/Barry soon before scheduling anything though.

Submitted my application last monday and my GPA calculations still are not verified but I have an interview invite from Temple. Prob won't schedule until i hear from the rest

Just received a letter today in the mail from OCPM extending me an invitation for an interview. Looks like OCPM is in play now!

Temple today! But nothing from Ohio... (other than that generic letter that they sent out saying they received my app)

I also got an invitation packet from Ohio via snail mail. There are tons of dates to choose from, so it makes it pretty manageable to find a date that works.

Congratulations to everyone that received an invitation to OCPM. You will all love the school, and i look forward to seeing you.

Submitted my application last monday and my GPA calculations still are not verified but I have an interview invite from Temple. Prob won't schedule until i hear from the rest

My application is verified (it was done ten days after e-submitting/paid) and I got another invite to NY. Still waiting to schedule for another 2 weeks so I can hear from Scholl/DMU/Midwestern/Ohio

Haven't set up OCPM interview yet. Will probably do that when I get home Tuesday.

Anybody interviewing at DMU this Monday, October 26th?

Once you receive the initial email from Scholl saying they have your verified/completed applicaiton how long until you receive an interview invite? I was wondering because I got that email today.

Once you receive the initial email from Scholl saying they have your verified/completed applicaiton how long until you receive an interview invite? I was wondering because I got that email today.

Received the same e-mail on October 7th and got my interview invite on October 10th...so three days for me.