IDP Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys relax...there is always another opportunity waiting...if you have worked hard...it wont go waste...keep some faith...

Members don't see this ad.

thats true, i got rejection today though i ahve green card as well part 2 cleared. i don't know what they want..its so confusing

yeah its purely luck i guess...they have called people with only part 1 pass - and without gc for iv's and rejecting people with profiles similar to yours! strange.. i always thought having part 2 is a biiig advantage but now seeing the pattern of michigan as well as buffalo i seriously doubt that...

I got application complete mail,then continuing reviewing mail then finally rejection letter. i have part 1 and part 2 .Only God can favour us.

when did u receive ur cotinuing review email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah i guess u r right
I just got rejection email :((((
My stats are
PArt 1 96
Gpa 4
Dental assistant since 2 years
Has done electives in Europe for 3 months
Really don't know what else they want as I applied really early

:mad:
Yeah i guess u r right
My stats are
PArt 1 96
Gpa 4

Yeah i guess u r right
My stats are
PArt 1 96
Gpa 4

omg...u din deserve to b rejected......dont knw wat dey luk fr..........well i guess i m d nxt 1 to recv rejection mail........

Yeah i guess u r right
My stats are
PArt 1 96
Gpa 4
Ohh boy!! That's crazy.. rejection mail to you??? I m sure everyone is scared now.:confused:

thats true, i got rejection today though i ahve green card as well part 2 cleared. i don't know what they want..its so confusing
That's crazy!! no one knows the criteria.. its definitely scary..:scared:

Yeah i guess u r right
My stats are
PArt 1 96
Gpa 4
this is utter nonsense...your stats are awesome...you definitely will get somewhere...better than buffalo....and trust me its not that great a school...something better is waiting...

I guess judging by the rejection letters this year - stats are becoming increasingly redundant . Not saying this is fair, ( I mean 96 - YIKES ! ) but the adcom has no way of comparing PASS/FAIL to scores and so seem to have elected to not consider that at all !

So everyone - TOEFL and the the rest of your application packet it is !

Members don't see this ad :)
Buffulo does not require TOEFL for completion of applications

True, they do not require PROOF , but you will enter it in the CAAPID application and furnish official scores if invited for an interview.

From the CAAPID Directory for Buffalo (link to page follows)

http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Documents/University at Buffalo.pdf

Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
 Must be proficient in the English language
 Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL with a score at or above
minimum of 550 (written) / 213 (computer based) / 79 (internet based) or better obtained within two years of the
start of the program (May 2011 for Fall 2013 admission)

And my TOEFL comment was meant in general, not specific for Buffalo. Both UMN and VCU websites say the following in their FAQ

An article from 2008 in the Journal of Dental Education by Lisa E. Itaya, David W. Chambers, and Patricia A. King presented results of a study that one of the more predictive admissions criteria for success is the TOEFL score or language skills (Analyzing the Influence of Admissions Criteria and Cultural Norms on Success in an International Dental Studies Program J Dent Educ. 2008 72: 317-328). This confirms our strict language requirement. The better your English communication skills are, the better your chances to do well are.

Last edited:
are the interview calls over and now only rejections are left?

hi, guys, do you think $1000 is quite high for the bench exam?

no, one of my friend made it, and do you know how many people are invited to the interview?

watz the criteria buffalo following for interview invitation

this is utter nonsense...your stats are awesome...you definitely will get somewhere...better than buffalo....and trust me its not that great a school...something better is waiting...

my toefl is 104
I graduated in 2009
I am a US CITIZEN

I got the rejection letter via email from Buffalo.....

Yeah i guess u r right
My stats are
PArt 1 96
Gpa 4

what!!!! I had assumed that its neitherthe toefl nor the nbde scores but the GPA now which has become the 'most important' criteria after seeing the pattern of iv's but this is crazy! n part 1 : 96 :eek: ...i know people with 81 and 79 who have recieved iv at buffalo...and this coming from a college who had a 83 cut off just till last year

hi tontochico any idea of any further iv invitations will be there or not

Hatico..What does that mean by be sure??? Do you think my interview invite is fake?? I already emailed and confirmed it..Thank you though..

tweety wen u got invitation invite.watz ur stats

Hatico..What does that mean by be sure??? Do you think my interview invite is fake?? I already emailed and confirmed it..Thank you though..

Why should it be fake? I did not say this. I just said that all State Schools prefer residents of these states.

Last edited:
I got it maybe more than 2 weeks from now. My stats again:
NBDE 1: Pass
TOEFL: 108
GPA:3.89
MS GPA: 4.00
and I personally feel invites are not dependent on stats..Its just based on our luck:) Good luck to u

Do you mean in the inetrview? I did not get you..Anyways Hope for the best:)

my toefl is 104
I graduated in 2009
I am a US CITIZEN
dont worry something will work out...you have everything on your side...hope to see you in the "BEST" school for next year...again just keep the faith...btw are you from india?

Last edited:
Hatico..Part 2 is just an added advantage I believe..Interviewers look at the whole profile not just if you took part 2 or not..With that hope I applied this year and like me many others..Even with the same stats some people are invited and some are not..thats where you got to be considered to be lucky if called cos they prefer you..

Is there someone know how many people are invited?

it seems like rejections go first next will be invitations

100iv means 100,000$ just for bench exam ...wow ..i wana open up a dental school after dds lol
he he he :laugh: please don't harass students like this and other current schools in ur dental school :smuggrin:

any news from buffalo........wat bout d left over cont. review applicants.........is dre still any chance???????

Yeah i guess u r right
My stats are
PArt 1 96
Gpa 4

this is insane.:mad::scared:. u definately deserve an iv..:thumbup: