IDP Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentovis

The Lady with the Words.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone with news from University of Buffalo?

Members don't see this ad.

I PM'ed you. I got the continuing review email. Which I think means NO, from what I've read in previous years. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the continuing review email as well :(

A friend of mine got it as well and she asked the school if this means its over. They said they haven't started sending out interviews and to those who get the continuing review email it can go either way. But I doubt that. Also, she said they said there were more than double amount of applicants this year in comparison to all the other years. So competition is fierce. Still... didn't think it would be over so soon.

Fingers crossed!!

hey i got application complete email.... does it mean the same as continuing review...???? what does this mean???

I got the continuing review email today!
The complete application email is not the same as continuing review email. I got two separate ones.

I PM'ed you. I got the continuing review email. Which I think means NO, from what I've read in previous years. :(

Why does it mean NO? Is that from the last year experience? I think it's the opposite, it's a good sign. Do they send the email by themselves or you contacted them and they've replied?

Why does it mean NO? Is that from the last year experience? I think it's the opposite, it's a good sign. Do they send the email by themselves or you contacted them and they've replied?

By themselves. No one last year got an interview after getting this email.

Those who got continuing review email, could you please share your stats? And how long was the time gap between receiving the application complete and the continuing review emails?

Members don't see this ad :)
i dint hear from them either after getting application complete and ready to be reviewed notification..

i got a cotinuing review too.
it means i wasn`t good enough to get an interview in first look so now even if they call for an interview the chance would be less than those who got an IV call in first go.

well have they sent out IV calls too? anyone got IV calls.?

A friend of mine got it as well and she asked the school if this means its over. They said they haven't started sending out interviews and to those who get the continuing review email it can go either way. But I doubt that. Also, she said they said there were more than double amount of applicants this year in comparison to all the other years. So competition is fierce. Still... didn't think it would be over so soon.

I didn't get anything yet...:(:(... when did you submit your application?

O.YETЬ!!!!! If I new it before, I wouldnt apply there!

even i did not get any such mail...just the application is complete and is ready to be reviewed email. I am still confused....gettiing an application "conituing review" is a good sign right? why cant they just mail evryone regarding their status..together.....:(
Anyway congratulations to the ones who have received it ..(if it is a good sign as i think it is) and all the best :thumbup:

I like your optimism, I wish I could share the same. However, I think it's a bad thing to get this email. It means they've passed you and put you aside for now. It's highly doubtful they'll come back. But who knows!

2Barbie21
ну спросила бы:)
i applied last year and had the same feelings after i discovered the price
how can they keep competitive admission process in this program with such price?)

2Barbie21
ну спросила бы:)
i applied last year and had the same feelings after i discovered the price
how can they keep competitive admission process in this program with such price?)

I cant understand it eather. I can say that...I am not waiting for an interview call...I am afraid of getting this call now....

I know that NOVA Southeastern University had the same kind of price, and I ve heard that University of Lousville has approximately 1000 fee. Its awful!

I know that NOVA Southeastern University had the same kind of price, and I ve heard that University of Lousville has approximately 1000 fee. Its awful!
I have heard two years ago that the coast is $1500 for the bench exam, It is expensive; and now $2500 is too expensive, but I put in consideration that this school might be the only school that will grant me an IV so I applied. I hope that I get chances in other schools:xf::xf: good luck all

ohhh ..but lets look at it this way ... its not a rejection for sure....you never know with no scores etc this year fot the nbde the meaning of this continuing review might be different...lets be positive ..hopefully everyone will get an invite...be positive ..
I agree with you.....

But the bench exam fee is given as 1000 $ in the website????

has anyone recieved interview acceptance notification ?????????

for all those who r of the opinion tht the application complete and ready for review means tht its a NO....i genuinely feel its not.
they only prefer sending this mail to all applicants to notify tht their application is complete. else we end up calling them up evry now and then to enquire about thee application status. they are starting to review applications now and shortlist people.
Be POSITIVE people.

for all those who r of the opinion tht the application complete and ready for review means tht its a NO....i genuinely feel its not.
they only prefer sending this mail to all applicants to notify tht their application is complete. else we end up calling them up evry now and then to enquire about thee application status. they are starting to review applications now and shortlist people.
Be POSITIVE people.

They are not talking about the application complete email but the continuing review email ! n yes i agree stay positive ..

In my opinion stop scaring and give negative thought to others. Do not make conclusion by urself instead call to uni and ask them. be positive and :thumbup:

Any idea how many intevriew they gave last year and how many acceptance from there? I want to know whether it is worth to spend 1500 for interview or not :(

Any idea how many intevriew they gave last year and how many acceptance from there? I want to know whether it is worth to spend 1500 for interview or not :(

Did you get an IV invite?

Did u get any interview?

did ne one get any interview call .plz reply

Received interview invite 10.38 am CT - declining. I did receive the "continuing review" email . So that email wasn't bad news :) .

hi aspiring dentist can u share ur stats plz

Please do a quick search.I've already posted stats on this forum.

As someone who has been rejected atleast once by pretty much every university there is, I will say this-this year the numbers (except TOEFL) seem to count for very little.

GUYS how did they called u about interview...................was it a email.or phone ?

Following initial review by the International Dentist Program Admissions Committee, your application has been placed in "Continuing Review." This category is used by the committee for those applications it is not prepared to take final action on at the present time.
NAO wat does it mean??:(

Received interview invite 10.38 am CT - declining. I did receive the "continuing review" email . So that email wasn't bad news :) .[/QU
i also got continuing review email today? when did u get yours? can u share ur states? really hopping for iv now