I made a mistake in my letter of interest but I still got an interview invite? Is this a dealbreaker?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hello,

So I was put on a pre-II invite hold from a school so I decided to send a letter of interest. I sent the letter on February 4th and then received the interview invite on February 7th after the weekend. The mistake I made though was that I put the name of a different school in the 3rd paragraph. I understand that I made a really stupid mistake and I should have looked over this more thoroughly but how did I still get the interview invite? After they conduct my interview are they going to reject me because of this even though it's a letter of interest? I mentioned the intended school's name like 8 times and I only put the other school's name once in the middle. Should I email the school to rectify the situation? I don't have any acceptances so I'm really worried

Members don't see this ad.

No, you do not spotlight a negative. Go to the interview as if you didn't see that mistake. If they bring it up, feign ignorance and said, "Sorry about that. Didn't mean for that to happen." And move on.

At this point, you control how you do on the interview. It's out of your hands what the school does after the interview.

Sounds good. Thankfully the interview is closed file so it looks like they won't bring it up. Just hoping that they won't notice after the interview.