Howard Anyone (Class of 2013)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone...I found you guys hiding over here. I interviewed with QT and I'm currently in grad school at Howard. I have some close friends in the med school there and I can say for sure that Ms. Walk is all about persistence and interest. If you haven't gotten an email, don't hesitate to send an interest or update email. If you've already been interviewed, make sure you keep them updated, especially if you're on the wait list. If you make it known that you're still interested, you're more likely to be pulled off. Good luck everyone...especially Dr. B!!
I remember you =) Uh Oh my secret identity has been revealed GaSp

Members don't see this ad.

Decisions are going to be mailed out tomorrow! Someone pray for me. I will be checking the mailbox every hour. Does anyone know if they send it snail mail and by e-mail, your acceptance/rejection? I can't remember how it comes. Now I know what spazzing out means :scared:

If you interviewed within the past month, will the Admissions Office send you an email saying your file has gone into review?

Members don't see this ad :)
beerog how do you know? I haven't heard from Howard since my interview invite

beerog how do you know? I haven't heard from Howard since my interview invite

You are supposed to get an e-mail after you interview that your file has gone to committee and that you will be getting a letter on the 15th of the following month. I think they got behind on the e-mails b/c I talked to three people that I interviewed with and they said that they got e-mails saying that their file went to committee and that the first round of letters would be sent out today. We interviewed on the first day, so I am assuming that mine letter will be in that first round whether it is accept, wait list, or re**** (i can't even pull myself to type it). I have called a few times, but at this point I believe it is impossible to get through on the phone so I am just waiting. To answer your question though, I know that they are supposed to be sending out the first round of letters today. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen.

I hope that everyone gets in even though I know that it is not possible. I am just still over here spazzing :scared:

You are supposed to get an e-mail after you interview that your file has gone to committee and that you will be getting a letter on the 15th of the following month. I think they got behind on the e-mails b/c I talked to three people that I interviewed with and they said that they got e-mails saying that their file went to committee and that the first round of letters would be sent out today. We interviewed on the first day, so I am assuming that mine letter will be in that first round whether it is accept, wait list, or re**** (i can't even pull myself to type it). I have called a few times, but at this point I believe it is impossible to get through on the phone so I am just waiting. To answer your question though, I know that they are supposed to be sending out the first round of letters today. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen.

I hope that everyone gets in even though I know that it is not possible. I am just still over here spazzing :scared:
oh I didn't get an e-mail =( where's the love Howard

oh I didn't get an e-mail =( where's the love Howard

I guess I am not the only one. Well Lyss I will let you know if I ever get mine. You let me know if you ever get yours. Maybe we are in the same boat. We may have interviewed on the same day.

Same thing over here! I'll post as soon as I hear a peep from Howard.

got an e-mail today saying the committee has reviewed my file & my decision should be in the mail... I thought I remembered them saying only rejections come in the mail =(

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got an interview invite from Howard!!!!!!!! My heart was racing to the point i couldn't hardly read the email! God is out of this world amazing!!!

Last edited:
congrats, i know you've been wanting this for a while now.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got an interview invite from Howard!!!!!!!! My heart was racing to the point i couldn't hardly read the email! God is out of this world amazing!!!

:thumbup::thumbup: congrats BD2B!!! You deserve it!

Now I just can't wait until we see in the acceptance thread above: Howard University BlackDr2b. I know it's going to happen for you. This is just great news because Howard is an awesome medical school. I know from personal experience. Can't wait to call you a fellow Bison!!

Members don't see this ad :)

O My God. Congrats!!!!! I know how bad you want to go there. You have giving me hope. Now impress them. Practice your interview. This is it the in or the out. Good Luck and come back with an acceptance letter. Make us proud.

got an e-mail today saying the committee has reviewed my file & my decision should be in the mail... I thought I remembered them saying only rejections come in the mail =(

All acceptances and rej******s come in the mail. I think you definitely got in. I got the same e-mail. I guess I will know my fate some time next week. I will post either way when I know. Lets pray that things work out.

Still spazzing over here :scared:

All acceptances and rej******s come in the mail. I think you definitely got in. I got the same e-mail. I guess I will know my fate some time next week. I will post either way when I know. Lets pray that things work out.

Oh that makes me feel better! I'm sure you will have some good news in the mail as well... back to waiting

Oh that makes me feel better! I'm sure you will have some good news in the mail as well... back to waiting

Im rooting and praying for you both. I hope you guys get some really great news next week. No need to spazz, God has already done it. All you need to do now is to claim it and rejoice! Then once you are in you can help me get in!!! ;) LOL! God bless yall!

Last edited:
Did we get any acceptances yet?

Anybody interviewing next week on 12/10?

got this today in my e-mail box:

"I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I wanted to let you know that we have nailed down the final procedures that must be followed with the Criminal Background Check pilot program.

Decision letters will be signed tomorrow and mailed on Thursday. I will let you know when they are in the mail. All students who are accepted or placed on the alternate list will receive a criminal background check."

so... attack the mailman on Sat? AHH

Wassup everybody out there in Howard land. How goes it?

I did not receive this email:( I guess that is a bad sign:confused:

I'm sure it's not a bad thing. You probably just hadn't received it yet.

Just dropping by to spread some dental love...hopefully I'll be meeting all of you next year :) I've got you all in my prayers!:luck:

just found this thread. good luck yall. its funny (or sad)...im about to hit the sack, and i just realized that all ive done today is think about howard, read about howard, look at pics of howard's campus, and listen to the new common album. im really pushing hard for howard. i even pushed a few interviews back to the latest possible date, in hopes that ill hear from howard first....money is tight!...still hoping for an interview.this school is perfect for me. tomorrow is a new day, i hope there is good news for all of us!

Where did you find pics of the campus?
Also, is the new Common another Electric Circus?
If so, I'll pass on that one. I need that Be and Finding Forever type music.

Where did you find pics of the campus?
Also, is the new Common another Electric Circus?
If so, I'll pass on that one. I need that Be and Finding Forever type music.
campus pictures from google images. and the new common is a little different. not quite fundamental and simple as finding forever. ant nothing can be compared to be, but umc is still the best album out this year. maybe that or qtips new one.

the letters have been mailed! yikes! Ms. Walk said we could call if we wanted to find out but I'm too chicken to hear it over the phone.

the letters have been mailed! yikes! Ms. Walk said we could call if we wanted to find out but I'm too chicken to hear it over the phone.

Come on Lyss!!!!! Call!!!!!!!!!! We all know you got in. Look, you got me all excited for you. You might as well start celebrating because you got it. So I will just say congrats right now!!! Hey, maybe we will be classmates! Make sure you let us know as soon as you hear! God bless!

CONGRATS!!!! WAAAAAAT!!! I think as one of the few hispanics in this bunch it is my responsibility to bust out... dancing dora (my people)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKLU1BBTe40

congrats everybody you are going to be amazing DoCtOrS

PS: I called but no one picked up haha my wait continues until tomorrow

In case you wanted to try another number: did you try 202-806-0273? The admissions desk said that was Ms. Walk's direct line after I tried 202-806-0270 first. Just a thought!

In case you wanted to try another number: did you try 202-806-0273? The admissions desk said that was Ms. Walk's direct line after I tried 202-806-0270 first. Just a thought!
Thanks. i think it's too late in the day though. I got the e-mail about the background check which makes me feel optimistic =)

Thanks. i think it's too late in the day though. I got the e-mail about the background check which makes me feel optimistic =)

CONGRATS!!! We should all throw a party!!!! I have not gotten accepted but I can share in your glory. LOL I am happy for you.

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Class of 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't get that email about the letters being mailed so I secretly made my way out of my office desk to call Ms. Walk on my cell phone because I couldn't wait any longer, and I just off the phone with the good news!!!!!! Beforehand, I was REALLY curious because I got an email from AMCAS this morning saying that a school participating in the "AMCAS-facilitated national background check service has requested that a background check be procured on you"... and this was before I heard the official news. Then I remembered Ms. Walk wrote in an email that all accepted students or placed on the alternate list will receive a criminal background check, so I couldn't wait to find out where I stood.

Anyways, I'm really excited to tell you all and can't wait to hear about everyone else! Know that I'm rooting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just called and looks like I've been accepted!!!! I loved Howard when I interviewed! I'm so happy!:D

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited::highfive::soexcited::highfive::banana::zip::banana::zip: I am extremely happy for you all. HUCM class of 2013 is looking to be a great class. I hope and pray that I get to be a part of it! Time to celebrate!

CONGRATS!!! We should all throw a party!!!! I have not gotten accepted but I can share in your glory. LOL I am happy for you.

No worries Beerog! Your acceptance is on its way. And then shortly after yours, hopefully(In Jesus Name!) mine will be on the way!

I LOVE MS. WALK! Yo HUCM is wassup. I just got accepted this week and im excited. I called up the office like 2 min after receiving the email and Ms. Walk and I talked for like 10 min. I love the friendliness of the school.

Big ups to HUCM!

I LOVE MS. WALK! Yo HUCM is wassup. I just got accepted this week and im excited. I called up the office like 2 min after receiving the email and Ms. Walk and I talked for like 10 min. I love the friendliness of the school.

Big ups to HUCM!

Congrats BMuzik!

No worries Beerog! Your acceptance is on its way. And then shortly after yours, hopefully(In Jesus Name!) mine will be on the way!
can i get an AMEN? :zip:

Congratulations on all of the folks who have been accepted.
Good luck everyone! I can't wait to hear that everyone who has been so supportive, will get in where they want to be. Howard is a fantastic school and perhaps they will consider me for residency!! :thumbup:

hang in there beerog. howard is sending you some christmas love no worries!

in other news, i got an interesting packet in the mail from Howard today... :banana:

Yeaaaa congrats!! No news on my front either but I have a feeling that late Dec/Jan will be big months for me... Still keeping the faith.

P.S. Ms. Walk is FABULOUS! If you have an opportunity to visit the DC area and you are interested in Howard... Find her! :)

hang in there beerog. howard is sending you some christmas love no worries!

in other news, i got an interesting packet in the mail from Howard today... :banana:

Congratulations Bison! Way to go for you! :luck:

Hang in there beerog! :xf:

HUCM is the FREAKIN' BOMB!!!!!!! I loved it there. I had an awesome 2 days there. I couldn't believe the feelings that overcame me when I was there. It was like instant love! You can really feel the history of the school and it is powerful. Everybody there from the students to the faculty are great. My interviewer was great. She is a physiologist and a professor there who specializes in neuro-endocrine physiology and she made me feel so comfortable. I still can't believe that I had an interview at Howard. I am still floating. It felt like home to me. I am really really really hoping for an acceptance because I know that HUCM is where I want to be. To everybody who has been accepted, I hope and pray that we will be classmates! God bless!

HUCM is the FREAKIN' BOMB!!!!!!! I loved it there. I had an awesome 2 days there. I couldn't believe the feelings that overcame me when I was there. It was like instant love! You can really feel the history of the school and it is powerful. Everybody there from the students to the faculty are great. My interviewer was great. She is a physiologist and a professor there who specializes in neuro-endocrine physiology and she made me feel so comfortable. I still can't believe that I had an interview at Howard. I am still floating. It felt like home to me. I am really really really hoping for an acceptance because I know that HUCM is where I want to be. To everybody who has been accepted, I hope and pray that we will be classmates! God bless!

I am sure that you will get in. Sounds like you have everything that they are looking for, and Howard does not strike me as a school that interviews students just for the sake of interviewing. I am sure that your interviewer was aware of you motivation to attend HUMC. Like you told me, it's already done. I am still over here +pity+
But don't get me wrong, 'I am remaining optimistic.' Just like the sound of the violin.

I am sure that you will get in. Sounds like you have everything that they are looking for, and Howard does not strike me as a school that interviews students just for the sake of interviewing. I am sure that your interviewer was aware of you motivation to attend HUMC. Like you told me, it's already done. I am still over here +pity+
But don't get me wrong, 'I am remaining optimistic.' Just like the sound of the violin.

We will be good Beerog. Your time is coming. When did they tell you that you would hear?

We will be good Beerog. Your time is coming. When did they tell you that you would hear?

I talked to Ms. Walk and she said that a decision had not been made on my file yet. I interviewed pretty early. I am guessing that maybe it is a good thing b/c she remembered who I was. To be honest I would rather have a long drawn out process and eventually get in, than have someone tell me a quick NO.

I wonder if Howard even gives rejections this early? Maybe they just put you on the alternate list and go from there. Either way, I have not heard anything yet...

I talked to Ms. Walk and she said that a decision had not been made on my file yet. I interviewed pretty early. I am guessing that maybe it is a good thing b/c she remembered who I was. To be honest I would rather have a long drawn out process and eventually get in, than have someone tell me a quick NO.

I wonder if Howard even gives rejections this early? Maybe they just put you on the alternate list and go from there. Either way, I have not heard anything yet...

Unless they have changed, rejections from Howard come pretty late (later than most schools). They also don't have too many folks that remain on the wait list without getting in because there is generally loads of shifting as the year gets later and folks start making up their mind where they want to attend.

Keep stating your interest in Howard and keep positive. Things to go slowly this time of year with the holidays and such. There will be loads of action after the New Year and with the Inauguration, there might even be more things happening to delay decisions.

The good thing is that you got the interview. The bad thing is that the admissions cycle is a long one and it would just be good to know that you are going to be in DC at Howard in July. :xf:

Unless they have changed, rejections from Howard come pretty late (later than most schools). They also don't have too many folks that remain on the wait list without getting in because there is generally loads of shifting as the year gets later and folks start making up their mind where they want to attend.

Keep stating your interest in Howard and keep positive. Things to go slowly this time of year with the holidays and such. There will be loads of action after the New Year and with the Inauguration, there might even be more things happening to delay decisions.

The good thing is that you got the interview. The bad thing is that the admissions cycle is a long one and it would just be good to know that you are going to be in DC at Howard in July. :xf:

Hey, Thanks for the pep talk