GI fellowship applications for 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys please specify in your posts if you can whether you are internal, chief residents, or if you have applied to or are qualified for the research track. This would tell the rest of us where we still may have a chance or not. Merry Christmas, too bad I'm on call tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad.

Duke: GILumen
MGH: GILumen
OHSU: dirtybob, White Bile
St. Louis University: gidoc2007
UCI: dirtybob, Remicade
UCLA: Remicade, White Bile, JennyCal
Yale: White Bile

Got UCLA yesterday. No word from any of the other programs yet

Impressive! Congrats to those who have received interviews already! Keep updating the list.

I believe most of us "average" applicants;) will get some news next year.

Merry christmas!

Members don't see this ad :)
OHSU: dirtybob
UCLA: Remicade
UMC: sevenblue

No word from MGH or Duke yet. Congrats all.

Got my first call!! Uni of missouri columbia.. nice christmas present!

Got an interview from cleveland clinic on the 23rd! No word from any of the other programs. For all of you, I'm an average applicant (no publications). Went to a good medical school but not AOA, Not chief resident. At a top 15 residency program

Got an interview from cleveland clinic on the 23rd! No word from any of the other programs. For all of you, I'm an average applicant (no publications). Went to a good medical school but not AOA, Not chief resident. At a top 15 residency program

congrats!

Cleveland Clinic: ButtDoc
University of Missouri-Columbia: sevenblue

Updating list! :D ButtDoc which cleveland clinic? florida or ohio?

I got an interview to Cleveland Clinic in Ohio

Got my first rejection today from Vanderbilt University!!

Hey all..hope things are going well...just have a quick question for you all...

Have all your LORs been uploaded by ERAS yet? The reason why I ask is that I KNOW for a fact that my letter writers sent it in via overnight mail in EARLY December, and they are still not uploaded yet by ERAS! :confused: :confused: :scared: :scared:...I know the website says "2 weeks," but this is rediculous and making me nervous...

Any input would be appreciated....

My last letter was sent around the 15th of December and did not appear as received on the documents webpage until today (although it lists received date as 12/21). Despite being listed as received it has not been uploaded to the post-office so when I pull up the tracking list it says it hasn't been uploaded. I'm not sure how long it will take to upload or if programs with deadlines of Dec 1st, 15th (which I applied to) will reject me due to this delay. I have not heard from any programs including Vanderbilt which looks like it just started sending out rejections.

Is your letter Medlaw listed as received? I hope 2 weeks is not the case....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all..hope things are going well...just have a quick question for you all...

Have all your LORs been uploaded by ERAS yet? The reason why I ask is that I KNOW for a fact that my letter writers sent it in via overnight mail in EARLY December, and they are still not uploaded yet by ERAS! :confused: :confused: :scared: :scared:...I know the website says "2 weeks," but this is rediculous and making me nervous...

Any input would be appreciated....

Hey medlaw06, all my letters are in, but they were sent way early, so that essentially when I submitted my application, everything was in, so the programs got my complete package with every download...I still have a few programs that haven't downloaded my application though. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about the rejection gidoc2007. Just a comment, I don't think starting a rejection thread is necessary because I imagine most of us will get quite a few....so I rather stick with the interview thread only...what do you all think?

Cleveland Clinic: ButtDoc, greysanatomy
Duke: GILumen, greysanatomy
MGH: GILumen, greysanatomy

Hey medlaw06, all my letters are in, but they were sent way early, so that essentially when I submitted my application, everything was in, so the programs got my complete package with every download...I still have a few programs that haven't downloaded my application though. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about the rejection gidoc2007. Just a comment, I don't think starting a rejection thread is necessary because I imagine most of us will get quite a few....so I rather stick with the interview thread only...what do you all think?
Thanks...Ya i think it is better just to stick with an Interview thread. That way this tread will not get to overwhelming. Medlaw06 my letters were in same as Dr. Don but even when they were sent early i think it took them about 2-3 weeks to scan them. It is a very slow process and i have no clue why it takes them so long. Any way the best way to track them is like maddog75 mentioned through the ADTS application.

Hey got an interview from Vanderbuilt.

Thanks for compiling the list :)

My last letter was sent around the 15th of December and did not appear as received on the documents webpage until today (although it lists received date as 12/21). Despite being listed as received it has not been uploaded to the post-office so when I pull up the tracking list it says it hasn't been uploaded. I'm not sure how long it will take to upload or if programs with deadlines of Dec 1st, 15th (which I applied to) will reject me due to this delay. I have not heard from any programs including Vanderbilt which looks like it just started sending out rejections.

Is your letter Medlaw listed as received? I hope 2 weeks is not the case....

In my case (same as yours) it took 3 days from received to uploaded. It was early dec.

Has anybody any idea about Uni of Missou columbo Gi program?

I interviewed there a couple of years back. Very nice program... small city... I've posted my interview impressions on a thread called 'Interview impressions' ... take a look.

I interviewed there a couple of years back. Very nice program... small city... I've posted my interview impressions on a thread called 'Interview impressions' ... take a look.

That was very helpful Ayakkadan!! thanks for sharing!!!
You said they dont have liver transplant service.. but what abt general hepatology experience? I mean I have mentioned in PS I like hepatology research, woudnt that be a neg if they dont have hepatologists/ hep research??

Vanderbilt: nizzy80

Happy New Year!

P.S. it's very easy to update the list guys, just click "quote" on the latest list message, input your info, and then delete the quote phrases on the actual message. :thumbup:

That was very helpful Ayakkadan!! thanks for sharing!!!
You said they dont have liver transplant service.. but what abt general hepatology experience? I mean I have mentioned in PS I like hepatology research, woudnt that be a neg if they dont have hepatologists/ hep research??

I'm sure they have general hepatology, since they have a VA attached to the University Hospital. If you want transplant experience, I think they offer an away elective at University of Kansas [if I remember right] which is a 2 hour drive. You might want to ask them about that at the interview.

UCLA: Remicade, White Bile
UTHSC: castor78

Got one from UT Houston today. No answer from any of the others for me. I'm on a J-1 visa (if this helps to anybody). I'm highlighting mine; the list will get bigger and will be difficult to see which are the new programs sending invitations.

Good luck to all!

UTHSC: castor78

Sorry guys, I copied the wrong updated list! This is the good one!

Just to clarify Castor, UTHSC usually refers to San Antonio.

Cleveland Clinic-Ohio: ButtDoc, greysanatomy
U of Texas-Houston: castor78

For some odd reason, White Bile's interviews didn't appear on the new list...so I updated it including his/hers and castor78!

Last edited:
Got my first interview rejection of the season from Indiana University School of Medicine today. I will keep you posted. Thanks

Ditto on rejection from Indiana today. No invites thus far...

Also rejected from Indiana, man they must hate all of us..............

Mayo Clinic-Florida: White Bile

I got Mayo Clinic-Florida invite today. Updated the list.

Yale: White Bile, Sevenblue

I got Yale, connecticut today :) list updated..

Hi Whitebile, looks like you have the max number of calls... what is your profile like.. Are you AMG?

Hey guys/gals, I recieved an invitation to interview at Univ. of Texas - Houston on 1/4/10, but nothing else so far.

U of Texas-Houston: castor78, Dr Scopes

Congrats all! Great places!

U of Texas-Houston: castor78, Dr Scopes, Remicade

I'm a little bummed out that I haven't heard back from MGH.
user_offline.gif

Hi i am new here. Congrad! everybody and Thanks all of you for sharing. I got one from U of Louisville.

University of Louisville: Gijung

Just updating the list...

user_offline.gif
[/QUOTE]

there are 2 yale programs aren't there? just to clarify, sevenblue, did you hear from the yale in new haven or bridgeport?

I seriously need to stop checking email and this site. Have not heard a yay or nay from anyone. got me paranoid to the point of checking if I have applied to the wrong specialty.

nevertheless thanks to all for sharing your good news. Hopefully I'll have something to talk about in a week.

Hey Maddog. Dont stress out about this. Its still too early in the ball game. If someone else has told you have a shot at matching (like your PD or letter writers), you probably do. Keep in mind there are going to be a lot of applicants that get preference just because of the following things like chief resident, mdphd, internal candidates, regional candidates, or from a super elite residency. These guys are put on a level that is completely different than us. Wait till the end of January to freak out !

I received an interview from Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt: nizzy80, GILumen

Mayo clinic, rochester: sevenblue
Vanderbilt: nizzy80, GILumen

Got iv from mayo rochester! :) :).. got a rej from Uni of wash... list updated...

there are 2 yale programs aren't there? just to clarify, sevenblue, did you hear from the yale in new haven or bridgeport?

I seriously need to stop checking email and this site. Have not heard a yay or nay from anyone. got me paranoid to the point of checking if I have applied to the wrong specialty.

nevertheless thanks to all for sharing your good news. Hopefully I'll have something to talk about in a week.

hi maddog, this one is from hew haven yale, the main university

got rej from Uni of Washington! Congrats to the rest for the new interviews!

same here no love from U. Washington...