GI fellowship applications for 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been out of the loop for a while because quite honestly the interview process didn't treat me well at all and with everybody else getting interviews at places I had applied, I was just hoping for the best and preparing for the worst when match day came......final result: MATCHED!!!! Thank god! now I can move on with my life. Good luck to everyone else and hope you got your desired spot...never give up! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if statistics for public viewing have been posted anywhere regarding unfilled positions? Or perhaps there weren't any this year....? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know if statistics for public viewing have been posted anywhere regarding unfilled positions? Or perhaps there weren't any this year....? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

They are listing "14 unfilled" positions in GI this match cycle. The statistics are not available for public viewing, but are available if your enrolled in the NRMP match this year on your account.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been out of the loop for a while because quite honestly the interview process didn't treat me well at all and with everybody else getting interviews at places I had applied, I was just hoping for the best and preparing for the worst when match day came......final result: MATCHED!!!! Thank god! now I can move on with my life. Good luck to everyone else and hope you got your desired spot...never give up! :D

I was curious after match if any of your programs contacted you for any paperwork. heard none from mine apart from an acknowledgement of my thank u email

I was curious after match if any of your programs contacted you for any paperwork. heard none from mine apart from an acknowledgement of my thank u email

nothing here hepatoma, just a "congratulations email". I'm sure the paperwork will come sooner or later...no worries....the match is binding so we are all set ;)

For me last year paperwork did not arrive until well after New Year's, maybe around February? Just be patient. Your programs are situating the new fellows right now. Congrats all.

For me last year paperwork did not arrive until well after New Year's, maybe around February? Just be patient. Your programs are situating the new fellows right now. Congrats all.

I agree. Plenty of time (one year) and they will honor their match with you. :D I'm sure the contract and all the info will come. Especially because some of us have to start obtaining a medical licensure in a new state prior to starting fellowship.

Congrats to all who matched! I too haven't received any email/paperwork from my program but I'm not stressing about it. I'm too excited! So glad that process is over!

This match has been good for all of us..... Thank god the process is over. Looks like the competition has eased a little bit for GI any idea what the match stats are this year ?

This match has been good for all of us..... Thank god the process is over. Looks like the competition has eased a little bit for GI any idea what the match stats are this year ?

Straight from the NRMP website. I advise that you take those "unfilled programs or spots" with a grain of salt....we all know that there is still some shady things going on with programs and spots are offered outside the match, so only because a program didn't fill through the match, doesn't necessarily mean they didn't "fill" through other routes :confused: BTW I'm one of the 4% ;)

Gastroenterology - All Programs

Program Statistics Number %
Enrolled Programs 168
Withdrawn Programs 11
Certified Programs 157
Programs Filled 142 90%
Programs Unfilled 15 10%
Certified Positions 383
Positions Filled 362 95%
Positions Unfilled 21 5%

Applicant Statistics Number %
Matched Applicants 362
US Grad 251 69%
US Foreign 26 7%
Osteopathic 16 4%
Foreign 68 19%
Canadian 1 0%
Matched Applicants (By Preferred Specialty) 362 100%
Unmatched Applicants (By Preferred Specialty) 280 43%

Straight from the NRMP website. I advise that you take those "unfilled programs or spots" with a grain of salt....we all know that there is still some shady things going on with programs and spots are offered outside the match, so only because a program didn't fill through the match, doesn't necessarily mean they didn't "fill" through other routes :confused: BTW I'm one of the 4% ;)

Gastroenterology - All Programs

Program Statistics Number %
Enrolled Programs 168
Withdrawn Programs 11
Certified Programs 157
Programs Filled 142 90%
Programs Unfilled 15 10%
Certified Positions 383
Positions Filled 362 95%
Positions Unfilled 21 5%

Applicant Statistics Number %
Matched Applicants 362
US Grad 251 69%
US Foreign 26 7%
Osteopathic 16 4%
Foreign 68 19%
Canadian 1 0%
Matched Applicants (By Preferred Specialty) 362 100%
Unmatched Applicants (By Preferred Specialty) 280 43%

My friend scrambled for a spot. Of those unfilled positions, he told me half of them were actually filled, so I guess they did fill their positions outside the match.

My friend scrambled for a spot. Of those unfilled positions, he told me half of them were actually filled, so I guess they did fill their positions outside the match.

:thumbup: he should buy a lottery ticket ;)

I just received my contract to sign... One more year of IM, then off to bigger and better things!!!