Emory vs. Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLove019

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been lucky enough to be accepted to both of these school but I am really at a loss as to where to attend. I know that I don't have to make a decision anytime soon but I don't want to hold a spot that could be someone else's. I'm from Atlanta so I know that I love the area but maybe starting fresh in a new place wouldn't be that bad? Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

einstein already accepted you?
i thought they don't give acceptances until january 15

If money isn't an issue, Emory all the way.

That being said, AECOM is known to dish out some solid financial aid. The price difference between the two schools may end up being significant, so I would wait until you receive your financial aid packages.

Do a quick forum search if you're interested in hearing reasons not to attend AECOM. I'll leave it at that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know much about Einstein, but Emory's curriculum is awesome from what I remember. It's 1.5 years of pre-clinical time (but not condensed because you just lose your summer break), which means you start clinical years earlier. This allows you to explore various specialties earlier/get letters of rec, etc. P/F is always a plus along with the new medical education building. I was really blown away with Emory's facilities when I interviewed. Also, you get a diverse patient population at Grady/Emory Hospitals.

Based on SDN Einstein doesn't seem all that great, but I don't know enough to comment.

And on top of that, Emory is ranked #20 while Einstein is #38 (if it matters at all anyway).

The only negative I've heard about Emory is that some students feel a bit underprepared for the basic science aspects of Step I because of the condensed timing of the curriculum. Not sure how to weigh this versus the benefits of starting clinical rotations earlier, but it is something to think about.

The only negative I've heard about Emory is that some students feel a bit underprepared for the basic science aspects of Step I because of the condensed timing of the curriculum. Not sure how to weigh this versus the benefits of starting clinical rotations earlier, but it is something to think about.

But its not really condensed since they don't have a 2-3 month summer break between M1 and M2...I thinks its a couple of weeks instead. This means that total pre-clinical time is about the same as other schools.

But its not really condensed since they don't have a 2-3 month summer break between M1 and M2...I thinks its a couple of weeks instead. This means that total pre-clinical time is about the same as other schools.

That may be true.. i'm just passing along what a few current emory students told me.

^^^^^ditto...?

Thanks for the responses. Also, sorry for the confusion, I have not been accepted at Einstein yet, I'm actually deciding whether or not to go interview, it just seemed easier to get answers if I phrased it the other way. I didn't mean to confuse or stress out anyone. Sorry again!

Status
Not open for further replies.