Edward Via COM - Virginia Campus (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the rejection email :( This was my forth cycle after trying everything around the mid west. Guess I'm done. Good luck everyone!!

Edit: make sure you always check your spam messages. The email was sent out a couple of days ago, I just didn't see it.

Members don't see this ad.

II today, interviewed last year and liked the school quite a bit. Anyone who has interviewed recently know if they still have seats or if it's straight for waitlist at this point?

II today, interviewed last year and liked the school quite a bit. Anyone who has interviewed recently know if they still have seats or if it's straight for waitlist at this point?

I was told by admissions that they would tell you if it was for a waitlist spot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Called for an II. Complete mid-October/early-November. Withdrew my application.

I interviewed on the 1st and got accepted yesterday so I'd imagine they're still filling. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
for any current students, do you suggest getting a surface tablet or a laptop next year? I have a Macbook, but I know that I cannot use that for exams. I am still hoping to use that in general though, I guess i would just be getting this new laptop for the exams only. Please let me know!

for any current students, do you suggest getting a surface tablet or a laptop next year? I have a Macbook, but I know that I cannot use that for exams. I am still hoping to use that in general though, I guess i would just be getting this new laptop for the exams only. Please let me know!

Not a current student but I have been told numerous times that MacBooks work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys, congrats to everyone who has been accepted. I'm a current post-bacc/will be a OMS-1 next year and I'm looking for some roommates for next year as both of mine are going to be moving out for rotations. I have a 3-person place very close (5 minute walk) to campus but I wouldn't be opposed to moving elsewhere as long as it's still close by. If anyone is interested, please drop a message!

Anyone else going to accepted student day on March 11th? I'm sure you guys/girls are all as anxious as I am to get things rolling. At least for my part, still some things I need to get situated: housing/financial aid/etc.

Anyone else going to accepted student day on March 11th? I'm sure you guys/girls are all as anxious as I am to get things rolling. At least for my part, still some things I need to get situated: housing/financial aid/etc.
Yes I'll be going as well! Excited to learn more, but more imporantly to find a decent apartment haha

Does anyone know if there is an accepted student's facebook page? I'm not able to make it to accepted students day but wanted to start to get to know everyone who is planning to attend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if a March intereview is going to be for the waitlist?

Anyone who interviewed on Monday did they say roughly when you might here back?

What is the timeline of hearing back after the interview? Had mine on 2/21

Hello all! I'm new here. Thinking about applying here and Carolina next year. Aren't classes supposed to be filled by now?? You would think they are interviewing for waitlist spots at this point. Does anyone have any insight on how filled classes are on both campuses?

Accepted today via phone and email. Interviewed 2/27.

First off congrats on your acceptance, that is amazing. At what time did they call you during the day? Also, do you mind posting your stats? Thank you!

Do you guys know if this school also calls for rejections or waitlists. Do they only call for acceptances?

Do you guys know if this school also calls for rejections or waitlists. Do they only call for acceptances?
  • If Waitlisted, you will be receiving an email from VCOM to notify you of your status.
  • If Rejected, you will be receiving an email from VCOM to notify you of your status. You are welcome to reach out to our office to gain feedback.

I withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 1 users
I have a friend who was recently added to the waitlist and was wondering if anyone had any information on it and the process?
Something like the number of applicants on it, chances to get off etc.

• If Waitlisted, you will be receiving an email from VCOM to notify you of your status.
  • If Rejected, you will be receiving an email from VCOM to notify you of your status. You are welcome to reach out to our office to gain feedback.
thank you!

Can any current students or anyone post or have access to the 2017 match list?

Just received a pre-secondary rejection lol. I was complete in July

has anyone gotten any interview offers for april? or know if any interviews now are for the waitlist?

I've been complete since October and no word since. I tried calling all three campuses for a status update but no one picks up lol I'm lost! The thread has been quiet lately so I'm wondering if they're done with interviews and I just got silently rejected.

I'm sorry about that dude, I know how it feels. I was complete in October too but I actually just got a call yesterday for an interview on 4/11. I think this is the last interview date for now (or at least that's what they told me but they may add more). Hopefully, you'll get a call soon!

has anyone gotten any interview offers for april? or know if any interviews now are for the waitlist?

Hey, so I interviewed toward the beginning of last month. I ended up being waitlisted. When I called to ask for feedback, they said they had very limited spots when I interviewed.

So my guess is that it may be for the waitlist unless you have a stellar application/interview. I don't know for sure though. Good luck!

Hey, so I interviewed toward the beginning of last month. I ended up being waitlisted. When I called to ask for feedback, they said they had very limited spots when I interviewed.

So my guess is that it may be for the waitlist unless you have a stellar application/interview. I don't know for sure though. Good luck!

Ahh, gotcha! I figured it'd be like that, but oh well. Thanks so much!

Do you happen to have any tips for the interview? I know people have been saying that it's very conversational, but anything would be helpful!

Ahh, gotcha! I figured it'd be like that, but oh well. Thanks so much!

Do you happen to have any tips for the interview? I know people have been saying that it's very conversational, but anything would be helpful!

No problem! Yes, it is conversational. I would say to make sure you know your application inside and out. When I interviewed, they asked about the small details of my app!

I'm sorry about that dude, I know how it feels. I was complete in October too but I actually just got a call yesterday for an interview on 4/11. I think this is the last interview date for now (or at least that's what they told me but they may add more). Hopefully, you'll get a call soon!

I spoke too soon! I sent the director of admissions an Email yesterday for a status update and got a call for an interview this morning!!! I'll see you guys on the 11th :)

Last edited:
I spoke too soon! I sent the director of admissions an Email yesterday for a status update and got a call for an interview this morning!!! I'll see you guys on the 11th :)
Haha congrats! See you then!

Virginia compus is about to get a flood of calls haha Congrats!!!

Interviewed on the 11th and was just notified I am on the wait list :). So if any of you are holding multiple acceptances, please decide fast haha :soexcited:

I have a friend who was recently added to the waitlist and was wondering if anyone had any information on it and the process?
Something like the number of applicants on it, chances to get off etc.

EDIT: added some better info.

Hello idkwhatdo, and anybody else that has been waitlisted at VCOM! I applied in the 2015-2016 cycle, and didn't interview until mid-late March of 2016. Naturally I was waitlisted. They didn't get a lot of seats for the waitlist last year, so I received a deferred acceptance.

Anyway, as to the waitlist process, basically one is rank-ordered on their list, and if someone gives up their seat in the incoming class, and you are at the top, they'll give you a call. Sometimes they'll move a lot of people off the waitlist and into a seat, and sometimes they don't (because people didn't give up a seat, not because they don't like you).

I think last year there were maybe 20-25 waitlisted candidates, tops. I know at least 4-5 got accepted for that year's class. And another 5-10 got a deferred acceptance. As to how many took the deferment, I'm not sure. The year before, they said they moved like 75% of the waitlisted off of their list. So it's any man's game.

VCOM was definitely the best school I interviewed at, and they are very personable, awesome people. If you demonstrate commitment to them and their mission and values, they won't let you down if they think you're a good fit for their program. They just might not have the space. Keep working hard and demonstrate your commitment to medicine, and you should have no problem.

Taking a year off isn't all that bad. I ended up doing international medical work all over the place after I was accepted, and my wife and I got to travel and see a lot while we did that. It was an experience I'm very glad and fortunate to have had.

Last edited:

Have you heard anything back in terms of waitlist movement?

Anyone else think they waitlist everyone that has a sub 500 MCAT? I hope this isn't true but it just seems like a trend. Is there anyone that was accepted with a 497-499?

Are they done with interviews?

The last one was the 11th

Are you sure about that? I called the director of admissions to ask a question, and I got her voicemail saying that she was out of the office recruiting from like the 17th-19th. It sounds like that they were doing interviews then :(

Does anyone know who we send update letters to? Who do we address in our letter?

Are you sure about that? I called the director of admissions to ask a question, and I got her voicemail saying that she was out of the office recruiting from like the 17th-19th. It sounds like that they were doing interviews then :(

Yeah almost positive. They told us we were the last interview group and that it was for a waitlist spot.