Edward Via COM - Virginia Campus (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essay prompts when available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I'll start it off! Just got my secondary today!! Completed a masters program last year with a 3.5 GPA and have a MCAT of 27-28. This is my third time applying so I really hope this is the year. I've usually always been rejected pre-secondary so we shall see, fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 user
"rosie23, post: 17870979, member: 585938"]I guess I'll start it off! Just got my secondary today!! Completed a masters program last year with a 3.5 GPA and have a MCAT of 27-28. This is my third time applying so I really hope this is the year. I've usually always been rejected pre-secondary so we shall see, fingers crossed!

Could you tell me when your application was complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
My AACOMAS application? Just this past Thursday. Still cannot access the secondary because you have to wait 48 hours. Has anyone accessed it that can post the prompts up?

My AACOMAS application? Just this past Thursday. Still cannot access the secondary because you have to wait 48 hours. Has anyone accessed it that can post the prompts up?

Thanks.
And I believe the prompts are posted in the Auburn/Carolinas thread. They are the same for all three schools

Received their secondary just now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is anyone else having problems logging in to finish their secondaries? I've re-read the instructions a few times now I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: Nevermind I'm dumb, they say right there it might take some time.

Yeah they said it can take up to 48 hours to be able to log in. I had the same issue so I'll check back tomorrow.

I think VC>CC>Auburn. I may be bias though since I want to go to VC!

Members don't see this ad :)
A few of us got a "you will get a secondary after the committee review your file" email which I don't know how to interpret.

Anyone submit the secondary yet?

Submitted my secondary this morning! Surprised by how much I like this school!

If I submit my primary without my mcat, will it verify my application, that way when I get my mcat score my application will already be verified since I paid the fee to send to the school?

I'm currently waiting for my transcript verification, but does anyone know how campus selection works for these guys? I looked at the other campus threads and some said you select in the secondaries. I only applied to the Virginia campus though. Will this have a negative look on me?
Should I just pay and apply to the other campuses?

Thanks for the help! Woot for my first post!

to send LORs did anybody use interfolio to submit it directly to this school? If so , can someone explain how?

A few of us got a "you will get a secondary after the committee review your file" email which I don't know how to interpret.

Yea I got that last year when I applied, before I finished my masters program. I ended up getting rejected in December but that may be because they just wanted to see the whole program progress. This time I did not get that and immediately received the secondary email. Just wanted to let you know of my experience but everyone's application is different!

Yea I got that last year when I applied, before I finished my masters program. I ended up getting rejected in December but that may be because they just wanted to see the whole program progress. This time I did not get that and immediately received the secondary email. Just wanted to let you know of my experience but everyone's application is different!

Oh well. Let's be prepared mentally

I'm currently waiting for my transcript verification, but does anyone know how campus selection works for these guys? I looked at the other campus threads and some said you select in the secondaries. I only applied to the Virginia campus though. Will this have a negative look on me?
Should I just pay and apply to the other campuses?

Thanks for the help! Woot for my first post!

If you only applied to VCOM Virginia then I think you won't have the option to choose but I may be wrong. I don't think it will have a negative impact on your application tho, if that's your only preference then why bother paying for other campuses.

If you only applied to VCOM Virginia then I think you won't have the option to choose but I may be wrong. I don't think it will have a negative impact on your application tho, if that's your only preference then why bother paying for other campuses.

I only applied to Virginia, but still was asked to rank all three campuses. I had the option to choose that I was not interested in any of the others though. I decided to compromised and rank Virginia "high" interest and the other 2 lower.

I only applied to Virginia, but still was asked to rank all three campuses. I had the option to choose that I was not interested in any of the others though. I decided to compromised and rank Virginia "high" interest and the other 2 lower.

There's only 1 application for all 3 schools though right?

Oh so that means they just robbed us for paying for the other primaries on AACOMAS then.

There's only 1 application for all 3 schools though right?

Technically there is 3 primaries, one for each school, but only 1 secondary where you get the option to rank campuses.

Technically there is 3 primaries, one for each school, but only 1 secondary where you get the option to rank campuses.
So you have to submit primaries to each school?

So you have to submit primaries to each school?

No. There's instructions above the part of the secondary that says something like "even if you didn't not apply via AACOMAS to all 3 campuses, rank your interest... " or something like that.

No. There's instructions above the part of the secondary that says something like "even if you didn't not apply via AACOMAS to all 3 campuses, rank your interest... " or something like that.

Awesome! Great to know!

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up!

So just to clarify, we agree that you only have to apply to 1 school to be considered for all 3 campuses?

Hey so how do we submit our LOR to the school? Do they pick the letters from your AACOMAS primary after you have listed the letter writer's information in your secondary or do you have to send the letters directly to the school? I don't see anything besides inputting the letter writer's information in the secondary. All of my letters are saved in Interfolio.

Also, is there any benefit in submitting more letters than the required two?

If you submitted your letters to AACOMAS then there is nothing else to do except fill in what they asked for.

Currently completing my secondary, and I noticed on the essays it says "Maximum 500 words" but we are only given 500 characters? Is that how it is supposed to be, or is this a glitch?

Currently completing my secondary, and I noticed on the essays it says "Maximum 500 words" but we are only given 500 characters? Is that how it is supposed to be, or is this a glitch?

I am wondering the same thing

My secondary invite says "VCOM invite for secondary application pending MCAT." I already sent my MCAT scores to ACCOMAS on 6/14, and I received my secondary invite July 1. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes got the same thing and had submitted MCAT to AACOMAS. So, hoping its a 'form letter' type of statement and not specific to my application. I guess it would be interesting to know if someone got a secondary that didn't have this statement.

I was able to have copy-paste my essays, and it does look like its 500 words. My entire essay showed up in the box

My secondary invite says "VCOM invite for secondary application pending MCAT." I already sent my MCAT scores to ACCOMAS on 6/14, and I received my secondary invite July 1. Is anyone else having this problem?

Mine said, "I am pleased to offer you an invitation to submit the Secondary Application to the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM). We are excited to learn more about you!"

How are y'all answering the question "Is there any information that is relevant to your ability...." ? I am thinking of leaving it blank.

How are y'all answering the question "Is there any information that is relevant to your ability...." ? I am thinking of leaving it blank.
Im leaving it blank too.
I was able to have copy-paste my essays, and it does look like its 500 words. My entire essay showed up in the box
Thank you!

First time posting, verified this past week, already got a secondary as of yesterday morning!

So just to clarify, we agree that you only have to apply to 1 school to be considered for all 3 campuses?
Apparently, they give you the option to select which campuses you have an interest in at some point in the process. Students there have said you get to rate which campuses you prefer. I don't think they weigh this into the decision for admission as long as you have a good reason for preferencing which campus you rate higher than the other two.

Yes got the same thing and had submitted MCAT to AACOMAS. So, hoping its a 'form letter' type of statement and not specific to my application. I guess it would be interesting to know if someone got a secondary that didn't have this statement.

Not a 'form letter' kind of thing. After more investigation, found that I hadn't sent MCAT from AAMC to AACOMAS, but had entered MCAT info into AACOMAS app. So the MCAT was indicated as 'unverified' on AACOMAS pdf. So sent the MCAT from AAMC to AACOMAS. Thouoght I had done so, but hadn't.