Drexel MSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey future DPMSers. I have been so excited abt this program its ridiculous. I applied early DECEMBER. I didnt hear back that my app was complete till Feb/March. Just when I was going to give up hope I got an email requesting an interviewm, which will take place next week Wedn. (the 25th). Depite the delay I'm still excited. I'll try to give as much feedback as possible abt the entire interview and all that jazz.

Hope to see u guys in philly this june!:p

congrats on the interview! can you tell us what kind of stats you had...or PM me? just a little anxious. i applied really early too after i figured i wouldnt get into any med school yet. thanks and good luck at your interview!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey future DPMSers. I have been so excited abt this program its ridiculous. I applied early DECEMBER. I didnt hear back that my app was complete till Feb/March. Just when I was going to give up hope I got an email requesting an interviewm, which will take place next week Wedn. (the 25th). Depite the delay I'm still excited. I'll try to give as much feedback as possible abt the entire interview and all that jazz.

Hope to see u guys in philly this june!:p

I know the feeling! The wait is horrible! I applied for MSP and was complete Mid-Feb and I interviewed in the beg of March....so it has been almost 7 weeks since my interview and still nothing. :(

I am just wondering how much longer I should wait for an interview before going ahead with my other plans. I have been talking to current grad students where I am at now and they have told me that I need to make a meeting with the faculty that I want to work with if I do stay here. I can't wait until July to let them know I want to work with them..that is too late but also, by the same token, it is bad to talk to them now and then just pick up and leave in July if I get accepted (which doesn't look too hot right now considering I haven't even interviewed yet!). I wish they would just let us know...I don't want to keep calling every two weeks because they tell me the same thing over and over again, "we will notify you..blah blah blah"....is there any way I can talk to someone about my realistic chances of getting into the program?? I just don't want to start something and then have to tell the professor's "Well, thanks anyways, but I am leaving!" ??? Ughhh....:( :(

-PlAnEjaNe

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on the interview! can you tell us what kind of stats you had...or PM me? just a little anxious. i applied really early too after i figured i wouldnt get into any med school yet. thanks and good luck at your interview!!
I have no shame in regards to my numbers: 3.0 UGPA, 2.88 Sci GPA, 20N MCAT. Needless to say, I'm a great candidate for the DPMS program!

I have no shame in regards to my numbers: 3.0 UGPA, 2.88 Sci GPA, 20N MCAT. Needless to say, I'm a great candidate for the DPMS program!

Hey Brooklyn...u and I have the same MCAT score...! It's nice to know I'm not alone... :laugh:

That is a tough situation, PlaneJane. :(

I think its ridiculous that the wait is so long. I understand the deadline is not until July, but for people who got their application in early, it seems that there should be an "early acceptance". (Like what colleges do)

So...I wouldn't hold back on ur plans with your school, but still continue to feel out the situation...so, the waiting game continues. Do you know what kind of opportunities are available at your school?

That is a tough situation, PlaneJane. :(

I think its ridiculous that the wait is so long. I understand the deadline is not until July, but for people who got their application in early, it seems that there should be an "early acceptance". (Like what colleges do)

So...I wouldn't hold back on ur plans with your school, but still continue to feel out the situation...so, the waiting game continues. Do you know what kind of opportunities are available at your school?

I think that they should at the very least...let us know before people who submitted their applications months after ours. It is ridiculous.

The school I am at now offers masters of science degrees...M.S. the only thing is that there is no med school...so I wouldnt be able to take any med school classes....this is the major draw back to this plan...because even if I do well in my graduate program..I am still at square one with the medical school thing..I would still have to get into some sort of special masters program that has medical school courses to show I can succeed as a medical student. This is why drexel and all other smps are so great. Oh well...all I can do is cross my fingers...:luck: :luck:

PlAnEjaNe

I have similar stats with the exception of a slightly higher MCAT. Hmm I really wonder what they look for. It looks like we all are in the same boat grades/score-wise. Just wondering, what are you guys doing if you get accepted for your lag year after you take the April MCAT again next yr?

Drexel IMS...do a quick search and find out what it is. You might find some posts that are not true, remember take everything on SDN with a grain of salt.

I'm looking at the same stats as you folks as well. Wondering when you submitted your app? I was complete 1st week of march and still havent heard anything. I'm guessing they're going in order they recieved the complete apps, so just trying to get a jist of where they are. Also does anyone know how mnay poeple they accept? Thanks

I'm looking at the same stats as you folks as well. Wondering when you submitted your app? I was complete 1st week of march and still havent heard anything. I'm guessing they're going in order they recieved the complete apps, so just trying to get a jist of where they are. Also does anyone know how mnay poeple they accept? Thanks

I can't figure out if they are going in order or not. I was really hoping that I'd get a "special package" from Drexel today...I could really use a pick-me-up. My brother (best friend) moved out of state a few weeks ago, some of my favorite horses (they belong to a friend of mine) are moving up to VT today and I had to put my dog to sleep this morning...and on top of all of that I'm waiting for Drexel. Haha, I sound like a country song...:laugh:

so, I'm really torn up right now. :( (i wish there was a crying/sobbing/hyperventilating icon)

It seems like people who applied to the DPMS program are being granted interviews finally...maybe they fill those spots first?? But, then again, I interviewd in the beg of March and they can't tell me anything.

Good luck to whoever has an interview!!
:luck:

I applied in december....and the DPMS accepts only 20, 40 for the MSP

I can't figure out if they are going in order or not. I was really hoping that I'd get a "special package" from Drexel today...I could really use a pick-me-up. My brother (best friend) moved out of state a few weeks ago, some of my favorite horses (they belong to a friend of mine) are moving up to VT today and I had to put my dog to sleep this morning...and on top of all of that I'm waiting for Drexel. Haha, I sound like a country song...:laugh:

so, I'm really torn up right now. :( (i wish there was a crying/sobbing/hyperventilating icon)

It seems like people who applied to the DPMS program are being granted interviews finally...maybe they fill those spots first?? But, then again, I interviewd in the beg of March and they can't tell me anything.

Good luck to whoever has an interview!!
:luck:
all I can say is relax and let flow. ur chance will come to succeed. worrying will not add an iota in your favor. are there other options you are considering?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to the IMS program, and I got a phone call letting me know of my acceptance to the program today. I just wanted to post that because it seems that Drexel has been disorganized and slow in regards to all their programs...so perhaps they are getting their act together. Good luck to all of you!

I applied to the IMS program, and I got a phone call letting me know of my acceptance to the program today. I just wanted to post that because it seems that Drexel has been disorganized and slow in regards to all their programs...so perhaps they are getting their act together. Good luck to all of you!

when did you interview for the program?

I got a call from Drexel today, too!!!! I got into the MSP program!!!!

:hardy: :) :D :thumbup: :clap: :wow: :banana: :biglove:

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you :hardy: I know how much you wanted to get into the program. I know you'll do well:)

congratulations dr. sumdae!!

wutwinb - the phone interview for the ims program was really casual. it was 30 minutes with a past student. he asked standard questions i.e. what made you want to pursue medicine? where do you see healthcare going in the future? are you interested in any specialties? what do you do to handle stress? etc...i spent 45 mins on the phone with him in all because he asked me if i had any questions for him.

Hey all,

So i submitted my application to the MSP program mid Feb. and got a reply that my application was complete by the end of Feb.

I kind have been using this thread to track the progress of the admission process through everyone's posts. After Drsumdae got accepted to the MSP program recently (she had submitted her application a little sooner then me) this motivated me to give the drexel admission office a little call...for the first time.

Well to my surprise i am on the interview list and drexel "supposedly" gave me a call on my cell phone asking to set up an interview. I never received a call from them nor a message from their admission's office. The lady at the office told me she would notify them and that i should be hearing from them ASAP.

Just a warning to you all that you should def stay on top of your application. It's quite possible there could be more students who are on the interview list and "supposedly" got calls from the admission office but really never received such notification...similar to my scenario.

Good Luck and wish me Luck!

Hey all,

So i submitted my application to the MSP program mid Feb. and got a reply that my application was complete by the end of Feb.

I kind have been using this thread to track the progress of the admission process through everyone's posts. After Drsumdae got accepted to the MSP program recently (she had submitted her application a little sooner then me) this motivated me to give the drexel admission office a little call...for the first time.

Well to my surprise i am on the interview list and drexel "supposedly" gave me a call on my cell phone asking to set up an interview. I never received a call from them nor a message from their admission's office. The lady at the office told me she would notify them and that i should be hearing from them ASAP.

Just a warning to you all that you should def stay on top of your application. It's quite possible there could be more students who are on the interview list and "supposedly" got calls from the admission office but really never received such notification...similar to my scenario.

Good Luck and wish me Luck!

YES!!!! Congrats, hardwork!!!!! Glad you called them! I stayed on top of my application and look where I am! :D

Continue to stay on top of them, though. If you don't hear from them call them again at the end of the week.

Congrats. Ill probably call tomorrow to check the status of my application... enjoy the rest of the summer and read for fun to help your comprehension. Atleast you can relax now and you know where you are going next year… :thumbup:

Congrats Dr Sumdae!!!!!!!!!

I know you are feeling much better.

TTYL:thumbup:

Well, I called today and they said that I am on the list to be interviewed. Thank God. Ill post as soon as they call me to set up an interview. So, hope to hear from them soon...

My application was complete March 6th for the those who are wondering

Yeah I am on the list to be interviewed too, so I am keeping my finger and toes crossed :) !

For those of you who are "on the list to be interviewed," if I were you, I would call Drexel once a week just to be sure they haven't forgotten you or something. Hardwork732 said that Drexel "supposedly" called for an interview already....so, they were just waiting for a call back from him/her!

Good luck to everyone!!!!!! :luck: I hope y'all get called soon!!

For those of you who are "on the list to be interviewed," if I were you, I would call Drexel once a week just to be sure they haven't forgotten you or something. Hardwork732 said that Drexel "supposedly" called for an interview already....so, they were just waiting for a call back from him/her!

Good luck to everyone!!!!!! :luck: I hope y'all get called soon!!

Congrats to you DrSumdae! I'm very proud of all of you that got through! I'm still waiting on Uconn and SFSU. Pray for me :(

anybody get an interview for the MSP program yet?

I called all last week and basically got the run-around. Literally talked to 4 different people in one call and no one knows anything.

Someone called me last thursday at 4pm from Hannaman Hospital and I MISSED THE CALL!!!!

I was at work and i can't answer my phone whenever it rings. The great thing about missing the call is that whoever called never even left a message.

How can I get in contact with the people in charge of the interviewing for MSP?

That is weird that they did not leave a message. I would call them and tell them that u noticed someone from the school called last week, but there was no message.

anybody get an interview for the MSP program yet?

I called all last week and basically got the run-around. Literally talked to 4 different people in one call and no one knows anything.

Someone called me last thursday at 4pm from Hannaman Hospital and I MISSED THE CALL!!!!

I was at work and i can't answer my phone whenever it rings. The great thing about missing the call is that whoever called never even left a message.

How can I get in contact with the people in charge of the interviewing for MSP?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You realize you posted this about 5-6 times....<psssst...it makes you sound desperate!!> :laugh: :laugh:

I know it wasn't on purpose but it was funny to see all those posts by you and then to see that they were the same post over and over again...LOL

-PlAnEjaNe

Edit* I went back and counted them...it's fifteen all together..LOL, you made me laugh so hard hardwork...ohhhh, it makes me momentarily forget how ill I am at the moment..(this is like the third cold I've had in the past 4 months...it sux)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You realize you posted this about 5-6 times....<psssst...it makes you sound desperate!!> :laugh: :laugh:

I know it wasn't on purpose but it was funny to see all those posts by you and then to see that they were the same post over and over again...LOL

-PlAnEjaNe

Edit* I went back and counted them...it's fifteen all together..LOL, you made me laugh so hard hardwork...ohhhh, it makes me momentarily forget how ill I am at the moment..(this is like the third cold I've had in the past 4 months...it sux)

Haha, I noticed that too. It made me laugh. :laugh:

APOLOGIES to everyone on the thread. The computer i originally was using when i posted that prior message was slow as hell. It wouldn't allow the message to get completely posted so i kept on hitting the "submit post" post repeatedly like a SPAZ...hence why it showed up like 15 times.

SORRY!

i called them last week and notified them that someone from the hospital had called me...no one could clarify who could have possibly called. then i got bumped from one person to the next. I think im just gonna call the number for the special masters programs all over again tomorrow.

I live in NJ and i am only a little over an hour away. If i dont get some straight answers soon im goin to drexel and getting my interview done in person!

So, I found out that students need to be there during the first week of August for orientation. They did not have an exact date, though.

I'm hoping all of that will be explained in my acceptance package....which I haven't recieved yet. They said if I haven't recieved it by Friday than I should give them a call.

Good luck everyone! :luck: Stay on top of them if you really want this program.....!