Dr. Effing Oz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
and Fox, Inforwars, Breitbart, Drudge, Limbaugh, Coulter et al did not the past 8 years?

Members don't see this ad.

and Fox, Inforwars, Breitbart, Drudge, Limbaugh, Coulter et al did not the past 8 years?
Of course they did, I never said otherwise.

But I also was kind of hoping that everyone else would do better.

As I for some reason have to keep repeating, with Trump's rallying cry being "fake news", the media needs to be doing an even better job making sure that their stories are accurate. every time they are caught in a bad story, that makes Trump seem that much more credible when he tries to call fake news on anything else.

it really sucks that that's the world were in, but it is what it is and this is how you deal with it

So the media isn't going off the rails a bit?

Objecting to the knee jerk tendency of people to say, “yes a is bad, but b...”

And it depends entirely on what you mean by “off the rails”. Current news has a lamentable reality tv impulses, puppies, random tabloid fodder, etc, but if mainstream media is guilty of something, I don’t think it’s being too tough on Trump. Just look at the pussyfooting around they do when he overtly makes **** up to avoid calling him a liar.

Do you think Edward Murrow would have let him get away with that?

The right has won a propaganda war against “liberal bias” to the detriment of journalistic integrity in the US.

Journalists have no obligation to give both sides an equal voice if one side is lying, journalists should be calling out both sides on their bull**** proportionately to the amount of bull****, which is overwhelmingly from one side these days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course they did, I never said otherwise.

But I also was kind of hoping that everyone else would do better.

As I for some reason have to keep repeating, with Trump's rallying cry being "fake news", the media needs to be doing an even better job making sure that their stories are accurate. every time they are caught in a bad story, that makes Trump seem that much more credible when he tries to call fake news on anything else.

it really sucks that that's the world were in, but it is what it is and this is how you deal with it

I agree, the media needs to make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but for the most part it has been.

The problem is that there is always uncertainty around any breaking story, individual journalists can be fallible or even deceitful before being caught and dismissed, and inevitably MISTAKES WILL HAPPEN.

Trump doesn’t really care about journalistic integrity or accuracy, if the error rate is 10% or 0.0001%, there will always be a mistake he can seize upon to make his point. It’s dishonest and unfortunately apparently effective.

Reactions: 1 user
If only certain media didn’t rig debates, you could use “media” and “integrity” in the same sentence. I remember FOX News attacking Obama policies and the apology tour....they never “liked” Obama at the beginning and then changed their tune as soon as he got the nomination like the liberal media did with Trump. Funny how that works.

There was no uncertainty when Trump was called racist because the media thought he removed the MLK bust from the White House. He was never called racist before he ran for president.

Last edited:
Objecting to the knee jerk tendency of people to say, “yes a is bad, but b...”

And it depends entirely on what you mean by “off the rails”. Current news has a lamentable reality tv impulses, puppies, random tabloid fodder, etc, but if mainstream media is guilty of something, I don’t think it’s being too tough on Trump. Just look at the pussyfooting around they do when he overtly makes **** up to avoid calling him a liar.

Do you think Edward Murrow would have let him get away with that?

The right has won a propaganda war against “liberal bias” to the detriment of journalistic integrity in the US.

Journalists have no obligation to give both sides an equal voice if one side is lying, journalists should be calling out both sides on their bull**** proportionately to the amount of bull****, which is overwhelmingly from one side these days.
Never said they were too hard on Trump, although I'm not sure this is really needed: ‘Did Donald Trump just WALK IN FRONT OF THE QUEEN?’

I remember Fox News making a big deal when Obama bowed to the king of Saudi Arabia. I thought that was a stupid story and I think this is too. The difference is, I actually expect better from sources like the Washington Post.

I agree, the media needs to make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but for the most part it has been.

The problem is that there is always uncertainty around any breaking story, individual journalists can be fallible or even deceitful before being caught and dismissed, and inevitably MISTAKES WILL HAPPEN.

Trump doesn’t really care about journalistic integrity or accuracy, if the error rate is 10% or 0.0001%, there will always be a mistake he can seize upon to make his point. It’s dishonest and unfortunately apparently effective.
I mean I guess they're reasonably accurate. Until recently I didn't pay attention to how many retractions various papers issued. So it may be no worse than it's ever been and we're just getting more attention called to it.

posted elsewhere:

"Well, in all honesty, what can you do? Imagine you’re playing a game of chess. Sitting across from you is your opponent... a pigeon. You move a piece... a brilliant move. A daring move. You’ve basically already won the game. How could this bird-brained pigeon possibly outsmart you?

The pigeon knocks the pieces over and ****s on the board, then struts around, as if mocking you, like a victorious idiot.

You tell the pigeon “You didn’t even make a move. That’s not valid. That’s not how chess is played.”... but still, the pigeon struts. You tell the pigeon “Why do you strut, pigeon? You did not win. You made no smart move! Everyone here watching just saw you throw the game!” You then turn to the audience... “Dear audience... tell this pigeon he struts unjustly. Tell him what you have witnessed.”

You then realize... dear God... the audience is naught but SLACK-JAWED YOKELS. Like a choir of *****s, they proclaim in unison “DID THAT PIGEON JUST WIN A GAME OF CHESS?!” You attempt to correct them, to inform them that, no, the pigeon did NOT win the game. But it is too late. They are already assuring each other the pigeon won that chess game. All you can do is hang your head in defeat, with the realization that no matter how much truth you try to put in their, the pigeon will remain insulated from it by a gaggle of twits.

And that is the situation the press finds themselves in with Trump. How can they correct that which cannot admit to having done wrong? How can they shame that which is perpetually unashamed? They cannot."

Reactions: 1 users
The thing that has changed is that no one ever went to Fox News to get a liberal opinion. They have always leaned conservative. But people used to think of CNN as somewhat objective and they no longer do. They are now in line with liberals calling people names. It's great for ratings in the short term, not sure about the long term.

Reactions: 1 users
Never said they were too hard on Trump, although I'm not sure this is really needed: ‘Did Donald Trump just WALK IN FRONT OF THE QUEEN?’

I remember Fox News making a big deal when Obama bowed to the king of Saudi Arabia. I thought that was a stupid story and I think this is too. The difference is, I actually expect better from sources like the Washington Post.

The only real bias the “mainstream media” has is sensationalism.

They’re all ratings ******, but that’s the nature of the beast when you have corporate run media.

That said, this isn’t little Timmy falling down the well. There really is more relevant news with Trump as president. And that’s not a good thing.

Make the news boring again.

If only certain media didn’t rig debates, you could use “media” and “integrity” in the same sentence. I remember FOX News attacking Obama policies and the apology tour....they never “liked” Obama at the beginning and then changed their tune as soon as he got the nomination like the liberal media did with Trump. Funny how that works.

There was no uncertainty when Trump was called racist because the media thought he removed the MLK bust from the White House. He was never called racist before he ran for president.
that, my friends, is the very example of fake news.

you never really followed trump before this presidential election, did you?

you dont remember him being called racist when he complained about the attack on the jogger in NYC?
you dont remember him being called racist with his birther claims years before running?
you dont remember him being called racist when he was sued by the DOJ for being racist with his housing policies, in 1970s?

oh and this:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-racist-meme/

and fyi, that meme was posted on facebook - wonder if Russia had something to do with this, either creating or spreading it.....

but no Russia didnt interfere with our elections! Putin is innocent! we need to have better relations with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont remember him being called racist when he complained about the attack on the jogger in NYC?
you dont remember him being called racist with his birther claims years before running?
you dont remember him being called racist when he was sued by the DOJ for being racist with his housing policies, in 1970s?

oh and this:

and fyi, that meme was posted on facebook - wonder if Russia had something to do with this, either creating or spreading it.....

but no Russia didnt interfere with our elections! Putin is innocent! we need to have better relations with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess i knew....im a liar...stop the presses. Let's call an airstrike on Russia.....they meddled with our election. 12 indictments on the proverbial "straw men".

you choose to believe the real fake news. ive been exposed to Trump for many years. he is, after all, a "New Yorker".

its hard to ignore the fact that the initiation of attacks on DNC servers corresponded to the exact date that Trump asked for Russia to find the "30,000 lost emails"...

and trump now blaming Obama is priceless. if Obama had really acted, trump's campaign would have been irrevocably damaged, although trump could now have basis for an actual claim of bias

Members don't see this ad :)
i guess i knew....im a liar...stop the presses. Let's call an airstrike on Russia.....they meddled with our election. 12 indictments on the proverbial "straw men".

He’s right, you know.

Donald Trump had been called a racist for decades before he decided to become a Republican.

It’s true that many people ignored that, but he was also usually less obvious about it until Obama with the whole Birther thing.

its hard to ignore the fact that the initiation of attacks on DNC servers corresponded to the exact date that Trump asked for Russia to find the "30,000 lost emails"...
This may be the extent of "collusion", that Russia felt free to oblige Trump after he said that. I think it's much less likely that someone told Trump, "Russia has xyz ability but they need some assurance."

Trump has lived his life suing and getting sued every day. He doesn't use email. I just think the guy is too street smart to make a rookie mistake like Mueller is looking for.

This may be the extent of "collusion", that Russia felt free to oblige Trump after he said that. I think it's much less likely that someone told Trump, "Russia has xyz ability but they need some assurance."

Trump has lived his life suing and getting sued every day. He doesn't use email. I just think the guy is too street smart to make a rookie mistake like Mueller is looking for.

Having your lawyer pay off someone to stay quiet about your affair shortly before the election isn't exactly street smart. He gets sued because he treats people poorly. It's no different than medicine.

Still prefer him over any superficially charismatic democrat.

CNN fakes another protest....nice job

Having your lawyer pay off someone to stay quiet about your affair shortly before the election isn't exactly street smart. He gets sued because he treats people poorly. It's no different than medicine.
The way you judge street smarts is by one metric - results. So I ask you, did paying off the person work? Trump is EXACTLY where he wants to be. Even his enemies are not by accident.

The way you judge street smarts is by one metric - results. So I ask you, did paying off the person work? Trump is EXACTLY where he wants to be. Even his enemies are not by accident.

He was right that his supporters would still vote for him him if he shot someone on fifth avenue. Until he's caught lying under oath he will be untouchable. Lying is kind of his thing.

He was right that his supporters would still vote for him him if he shot someone on fifth avenue. Until he's caught lying under oath he will be untouchable. Lying is kind of his thing.
I suspect this is true of most voters and their preferred candidate

herein lies the crux for me, if you are using street smarts as the criteria to be President.

I expect that the President represents us - you and me - and represents the BEST of us. just because you get results doesn't mean you have the moral fiber to be president.

"Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!" Trump tweeted.

At least he is keeping that America 1st slogan

Last edited:
why, when i can count on you to do it for me?....u should really watch the video and make your own decision like an adult.....then read the snopes "explanation"

why? because putin is counting on gullible fools to repost these brainless lies. this helps russia, not us.

theoretically, you have been educated at some point. you been to school. you know how to read a paragraph and glean some information from it. if you can so easily be fooled -- and you fool yourself because you want to be fooled -- what about the rest of the "proletariat". you are better than that.

be part of the solution, not part of the problem

so i guess u didnt see the actual video since it has been deleted, so you are relying on snopes instead of making your own decision?

so i guess u didnt see the actual video since it has been deleted, so you are relying on snopes instead of making your own decision?

i watched your propaganda video, Herr Goebbels. so?

again, dont be part of the problem.

and yes, i went full Godwin here

i meant the actual video CNN aired...the one that i cant find anymore....no matter. We wont agree.

collusion or no collusion, trump is now a russian asset.

maybe Mueller can indict Hitler and Castro too.....might as well add Stalin. And Osama Bin Laden.....who are we missing?

maybe Mueller can indict Hitler and Castro too.....might as well add Stalin. And Osama Bin Laden.....who are we missing?

some guy in south florida who likes boating wouldnt be a bad start.....

reliving times. read about Appeasement.

on Wikipedia:
Role of the media[edit]
Positive opinion of appeasement was shaped partly by media manipulation. The German correspondent for the Times of London, Norman Ebbutt, charged that his persistent reports about Nazi militarism were suppressed by his editor Geoffrey Dawson. Historians such as Richard Cockett, William Shirer, and Frank McDonough have confirmed the claim,[44][45] and also noted the links between The Observer and the pro-appeasement Cliveden Set.[46] The results of an October 1938 Gallup poll which showed 86% of the public believed Hitler was lying about his future territorial ambitions was censored from the News Chronicle at the last minute by the publisher, who was loyal to Chamberlain.[47] For the few journalists who were asking challenging questions about appeasement – primarily members of the foreign press – Chamberlain often froze them out or intimidated them. When asked at press conferences about Hitler's abuse of Jews and other minority groups, he went so far as to denounce these reports as "Jewish-Communist propaganda."[48]

Chamberlain's direct manipulation of the BBC was sustained and egregious.[49] For example, Lord Halifax told radio producers not to offend Hitler and Mussolini, and they complied by censoring anti-fascist commentary made by Labour and Popular Front MPs. The BBC also suppressed the fact that 15,000 people protested the prime minister in Trafalgar Square as he returned from Munich in 1938 (10,000 more than welcomed him at 10 Downing St.).[50
"fake news"............. (yes Godwins law, but in this case, directly applicable. lets appease Putin. hes not bad. he only wants to Make Russia Great Again, as Cold War era Russia)

herein lies the crux for me, if you are using street smarts as the criteria to be President.

I expect that the President represents us - you and me - and represents the BEST of us. just because you get results doesn't mean you have the moral fiber to be president.
I don't think of the president as someone who represents us personally, as a figurehead like the Queen of England. As in, "She is the manifestation of grace and dignity representative of the British people".

I think of the president more like representing me as a lawyer would - representing my INTERESTS. He can be crass and I don't care about his personal foibles. I mostly just want results.

NOONE represents me personally, except me. And ESPECIALLY, not any political figure. These guys are mostly hypocrites and I am nothing like any of them.

Trump believes Putin over own US Intelligence chief ......does anyone see a problem here?

Trump believes Putin over own US Intelligence chief ......does anyone see a problem here?
For some reason every single president kisses Putin's ass in person. From the Russian "reset" to "I'll have more flexibility after the election" to "I got a sense of his soul" to this. They're not that different. Russia is the evil empire.

I don't know what you do when a massive military/nuclear power does a lot of horrible things in the world. But this idea that we should be confronting him in person with "strong words" seems naïve to me. Most presidents apparently believe that playing nice with him in person is necessary.

For some reason every single president kisses Putin's ass in person. From the Russian "reset" to "I'll have more flexibility after the election" to "I got a sense of his soul" to this. They're not that different. Russia is the evil empire.

I don't know what you do when a massive military/nuclear power does a lot of horrible things in the world. But this idea that we should be confronting him in person with "strong words" seems naïve to me. Most presidents apparently believe that playing nice with him in person is necessary.

There is difference between playing nice and saying you believe Putin over own US Intelligence Chief

today was the reason that Putin wanted Trump to get elected over Clinton. Why Putin hates Hillary

Former U.S. officials who worked on Russia policy with Clinton say that Putin was personally stung by Clinton’s December 2011 condemnation of Russia’s parliamentary elections, and had his anger communicated directly to President Barack Obama. They say Putin and his advisers are also keenly aware that, even as she executed Obama’s “reset” policy with Russia, Clinton took a harder line toward Moscow than others in the administration. And they say Putin sees Clinton as a forceful proponent of “regime change” policies that the Russian leader considers a grave threat to his own survival.
Read my above post about Appeasement. it encouraged Hitler and has always encouraged tyrants to expand power. it is so anti-Reagan a policy, that i cannot fathom how any true die hard Republican/conservative would agree to it.

Or is Putin a US intel asset?

the only good thing about russia re-emerging as an enemy is that now we have a legitimate foe on which to base our spy novels.

and no, putin is not a US intel asset

on another note: best spy novel I ever read was this. its a commitment, but well worth it

Amazon product

oh and this:

What the heck is racist about the birther claims? Questioning where Comrade Obama was born was perfectly legitimate and has nothing to do with being half white. All presidential candidates should produce valid USA birth certificates.

What the heck is racist about the birther claims? Questioning where Comrade Obama was born was perfectly legitimate and has nothing to do with being half white. All presidential candidates should produce valid USA birth certificates.

And their tax returns.

Nobody asked for any white candidate's birth certificates. Its racist

Didn't the issue come up with Ted Cruz?

Not really. Everyone knew he was born in Canada, and there was a legal argument about it. Plus he's Latino. Not exactly the same

Also one of the creepiest men on the planet

i forgot Putin....maybe Mueller can indict Putin? And since the DNC is so pro-FBI, maybe they will allow the FBI to examine their servers now?

Just out of curiosity, how many of you would side with Putin over your own president?

For example, if Putin really wants to screw with us, comes out and says he colluded with Trump and offered him money and ****** in exchange for the DNC emails. But your very own President of the United States denies it. Who's side do you take?

What’s worse is that he continued to denigrate obama even after Hawaii produced both long and short birth certificates.
The list of obnoxious and outrageous things that Trump has said and done is long. He is definitely an a$$hole at times.

Personally, I reserve the "racist" moniker for Dylann Roof and his ilk. I think if you're serious about the harms of racism, it's important not to water the term down with different pathologies.