Dr. Effing Oz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
seems like the left wants Trump/the US to start a fight with Russia. Im so confused.

Members don't see this ad.

The list of obnoxious and outrageous things that Trump has said and done is long. He is definitely an a$$hole at times.

Personally, I reserve the "racist" moniker for Dylann Roof and his ilk. I think if you're serious about the harms of racism, it's important not to water the term down with different pathologies.

actually, its the opposite. latent racist is also a problem. you dont need to murder black people to be a racist. things that are less obvious -- maybe you dont refinance a loan for a minority. maybe their schools are worse, maybe they dont get a job becuase of their skin color, maybe they get paid less. thats all racism.

i forgot Putin....maybe Mueller can indict Putin? And since the DNC is so pro-FBI, maybe they will allow the FBI to examine their servers now?

the FBI may indeed indict putin. that is where this is going. a lot of the talking heads are predicting this.

Members don't see this ad :)
seems like the left wants Trump/the US to start a fight with Russia. Im so confused.

when someone attacks your country, you dont sit and take it like a b@tch. thats exactly what trump looked like yesterday. putin's b$tch. a complete wimp

Reactions: 1 user
And that will do what? Ya think he will turn himself in and come to the US for trial? Only thing it will do is worsen relations.

it will hold him accountable. it will support the russian people who are not our enemy. it will hasten the implementation of sanctions. it will harden our allies against him. it will make future verntures into ukraine and the baltics less likely. it will be good for OUR economy and democracy.

nobody thinks putin will go on trial.

but that spicy ginger arrested yesterday is here. and the secrets will come out on her.

when someone attacks your country, you dont sit and take it like a b@tch. thats exactly what trump looked like yesterday. putin's b$tch. a complete wimp
We didn't indict any Soviet officials and they were doing way worse than anything Putin is doing. Its pure political theater.

And actually, at least publicly, we traditionally have just taken it. When you're the biggest kid on the block, you ignore the little ones even if they kick you in the shins. Part of how Trump got elected was American's getting sick of having to do that, hence his approach to the majority of other countries out there.

I like out approach in the past - ignore the problem in public, fight back in private. Or fight back in a non-obvious way.

Just 16% of Americans saw Putin favorably, according to a survey conducted in early 2018, before Putin’s re-election. A quarter of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents (25%) said they had a favorable view of Putin, compared with just 9% of Democrats and Democratic leaners. These views have changed little since last year.

For their part, Russian views of both the United States and its president improved dramatically last year compared with the end of the Obama administration, according to a spring 2017 survey. Trump received a higher confidence rating (53%) in Russia than either of his two predecessors ever did. And U.S. favorability more than doubled among Russians between the end of the Obama era (15%) and last year (41%).

Sad

Have to give it to Chris Wallace.....at least he had the balls to ask Putin the tough questions. Putin deflected and didn't answer but it at least made him uncomfortable

Reactions: 1 users
The list of obnoxious and outrageous things that Trump has said and done is long. He is definitely an a$$hole at times.

Personally, I reserve the "racist" moniker for Dylann Roof and his ilk. I think if you're serious about the harms of racism, it's important not to water the term down with different pathologies.
racism is racism. saying that there is a better side of racism, a gentler form of racism, is not something we should be condoning....

I side with the truth as much as possible. if the CIA, National Intelligence, NSA and FBI all concluded that Putin did offer bribes and Trump accepted, then I would believe them.

We didn't indict any Soviet officials and they were doing way worse than anything Putin is doing. Its pure political theater.

And actually, at least publicly, we traditionally have just taken it. When you're the biggest kid on the block, you ignore the little ones even if they kick you in the shins. Part of how Trump got elected was American's getting sick of having to do that, hence his approach to the majority of other countries out there.

I like out approach in the past - ignore the problem in public, fight back in private. Or fight back in a non-obvious way.
in actuality:
Most of the Russian intelligence officials charged in Friday’s indictment worked for the Russian military intelligence agency, formerly known as the G.R.U. and now called the Main Directorate.
12 Russian Agents Indicted in Mueller Investigation

and, someone did not "just taken it". Why Putin Has an Electoral Bone to Pick With Hillary Clinton
“She set the tone for certain actors inside the country; she gave the signal,” Putin said of Clinton at the time, accusing her of ordering the opposition movement into action like some kind of revolutionary sleeper cell. “They heard this signal and, with the support of the U.S. State Department, started actively doing their work.”

it will hold him accountable. it will support the russian people who are not our enemy. it will hasten the implementation of sanctions. it will harden our allies against him. it will make future verntures into ukraine and the baltics less likely. it will be good for OUR economy and democracy.

nobody thinks putin will go on trial.

but that spicy ginger arrested yesterday is here. and the secrets will come out on her.
Didn't the US successfully help to sway the Ukraine election to anti-Russian a few years ago? Doesn't the US "meddle" all the time in other country's elections, trying to undermine communism and promote democracy? Isn't this part of normal statecraft?

The response is to play the game against the other side, not to feign shock and make it an international incident. We can play this game and win because our system of decentralized democracy is stronger than despots centralizing power.

In this case, all Russia did was expose actual emails to the people. In a despotic country, that would be devastating. In our country, it changed nothing. We already know politicians are crooked.

So I say thank you for pointing out the flaws in our cybersecurity Russia. Our move...

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't the US successfully help to sway the Ukraine election to anti-Russian a few years ago? Doesn't the US "meddle" all the time in other country's elections, trying to undermine communism and promote democracy? Isn't this part of normal statecraft?

yes and we should. attacking our enemies in every possible way short of full scale war is what we should do and have always done especially against the soviets in support of our allies. And calling them russians is useless semantics, most are former KGB and miss their USSR days.
Remember who your enemies are USA, europe and especially germany has not forgotten. Not our best representative but you get the idea.... ‘You Stood There Like a Little Wet Noodle’: Schwarzenegger Slams Trump After Putin News Conference

The response is to play the game against the other side, not to feign shock and make it an international incident. We can play this game and win because our system of decentralized democracy is stronger than despots centralizing power.

In this case, all Russia did was expose actual emails to the people. In a despotic country, that would be devastating. In our country, it changed nothing. We already know politicians are crooked.

So I say thank you for pointing out the flaws in our cybersecurity Russia. Our move...

I really dont understand all of you apologists. Trump could sh$t on your face and you would say "well, i probably needed to wash my face, anyway".

The first thing we need to do is ACKNOWLEDGE that the attack occurred. For some strange reason, half the country disputes this. Maybe because the president says so. Herein lies the problem.

If we are as strong as you think we are, it is because of the faith that americans have in their democracy. Because they believe it is "fair".

I still dont necessarily believe that hillary would have won. But i have all the confidence in the world that trump cheated. so where does that leave us?

With a foolish russian puppet as president. To be clear: this is bad for america.

I really dont understand all of you apologists. Trump could sh$t on your face and you would say "well, i probably needed to wash my face, anyway".

The first thing we need to do is ACKNOWLEDGE that the attack occurred. For some strange reason, half the country disputes this. Maybe because the president says so. Herein lies the problem.

If we are as strong as you think we are, it is because of the faith that americans have in their democracy. Because they believe it is "fair".

I still dont necessarily believe that hillary would have won. But i have all the confidence in the world that trump cheated. so where does that leave us?

With a foolish russian puppet as president. To be clear: this is bad for america.
Cognitive dissonance rules.

You could also demand that Trump publicly and repeatedly acknowledge that Kim Jong Un is a war criminal, and do so to his face. Why are you not demanding this?

What is the point? We all know about Putin, including Trump. You have to deal with these people unfortunately and confronting them in this way is not in our best interest. Anyway, Trump can't win. If he confronted Putin, you would probably hate him more.

The other day he said something nice about immigrants and the outrage was, "How DARE YOU?!?" It's exhausting.

Looks like it’s back to stormy next week since Trump apologized and walked back the miss-speak. And since when did you liberals like George Will grow balls all of a sudden? So what exactly did Putin gain yesterday? Trump didn’t remove any sanctions Trump didn’t give Putin anything. I will grant you that yesterday was not trumps best day but I’ll still take him any day over one of your crooked liberal politicians who says the right thing all the time. Actions, not words.

In the realm of political cal opinion, Putin gained everything. Trump looked weak, obsequious, completely outmatched.

Putin feels like Hitler right when he knew Chamberlsin would do nothing.

“Why not invade Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Hungary? Take over Syria and get their oil! Form a partnership with China and totally destroy the US economy! Trump isn’t and can’t do anything to retaliate. He’s too weak. I have him in the palm of my hand....”

[QUOTE="Doctodd, post: 20142568, member: 73597" " liberals like George Will.[/QUOTE]

SMH

:smack:

In the realm of political cal opinion, Putin gained everything. Trump looked weak, obsequious, completely outmatched.

“Why not invade Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Hungary? Take over Syria and get their oil! Form a partnership with China and totally destroy the US economy! Trump isn’t and can’t do anything to retaliate. He’s too weak. I have him in the palm of my hand....”

Why dont we invade Mexico? Then take over central America, then S America. We can rule the hemisphere. Wait, you mean we are not playing Risk? Too many clicks.

Like I said since when did your side grow balls and talk tough like that?

If im not mistaken, George Will switched parties last quarter. And that's pretty rich coming from the party who doesnt even know what bathroom to use....the sky is falling but you will be ok. After all, it is wet panty tuesday.

The word of the day is nacho.......Hillary is still nacho president.

If im not mistaken, George Will switched parties last quarter.

and still writing for that liberal trash mag National Review
George Will | National Review

As the president prepares, if this time he does prepare, for his second summit, note all that went wrong at the first. If he does as badly in his July 16 meeting with Vladimir Putin in Finland as he did with Kim Jong-un in Singapore, the consequences could be catastrophic.

Donald Trump & Kim Jong-un Summit Disaster: Putin Next? | National Review

If im not mistaken, George Will switched parties last quarter. And that's pretty rich coming from the party who doesnt even know what bathroom to use....the sky is falling but you will be ok. After all, it is wet panty tuesday.

Klassy as always.

And he didn't switch parties. It must get tiring being wrong all the time
Oh wait... you don't care

and still writing for that liberal trash mag National Review
George Will | National Review

As the president prepares, if this time he does prepare, for his second summit, note all that went wrong at the first. If he does as badly in his July 16 meeting with Vladimir Putin in Finland as he did with Kim Jong-un in Singapore, the consequences could be catastrophic.

Donald Trump & Kim Jong-un Summit Disaster: Putin Next? | National Review

and u guys will celebrate. Russian collusion must really bother u guys. This must have really caused you some stress....

Klassy as always.

And he didn't switch parties. It must get tiring being wrong all the time
Oh wait... you don't care

dont take all this so seriously....Will writes for WAPO and is on NBC and MSNBC.....so are u saying he is conservative?

seodz7nyiha11.jpg

iow2zp5szea11.jpg

these treasonous traitors......call Mueller so he can indict these guys.....

Sorry, this is totally off the subject but the pic above and an earlier comment made me think of this...

If you're transgender, which door do you choose in this donut shop?

donuts.jpg

dont take all this so seriously....Will writes for WAPO and is on NBC and MSNBC.....so are u saying he is conservative?

yes.

just because someone thinks trump is a brain-dead, ass-clown, traitor doesnt mean that he is not conservative.

trump really doesnt represent most traditional conservative values.

No wonder you love love Trump, you both think and say things like a 6th grader

And that’s your side’s position .....”these guys say mean things and it’s treason.....they should be impeached!!!!!” Obama survived his Russian collusion moment.....Trump will survive this. So lighten up Francis.

Wet panty Wednesday as the liberal media is still frothing at the mouth about it.....looks like u guys are too.

Neither of those 2 men were President of the United States of America that might have colluded with President Putin to change the votes of fellow Americans based on lies and illegal activities.

In fact, during the time Clinton was in office, putin only became president in 2000.

George Will is a well known conservative. He is not the only conservative commentator that opposes trump. Glenn beck and Charles krauthammer are most notable. Shepard Smith and Ana Navarro appear anti- trump too.

No wonder you love love Trump, you both think and say things like a 6th grader

Says the liberal physician throwing a tantrum about President Trump. I’ll add this to the long list of names you and SSdoc have called me.

Neither of those 2 men were President of the United States of America that might have colluded with President Putin to change the votes of fellow Americans based on lies and illegal activities.

In fact, during the time Clinton was in office, putin only became president in 2000.

George Will is a well known conservative. He is not the only conservative commentator that opposes trump. Glenn beck and Charles krauthammer are most notable. Shepard Smith and Ana Navarro appear anti- trump too.
Maybe so but Trump Derangement Syndrome is a real thing and can afflict Republicans too.

It clouds judgement and causes emotional lability. It is highly contagious. There is no known cure or vaccine.

Says the liberal physician throwing a tantrum about President Trump. I’ll add this to the long list of names you and SSdoc have called me.
Whoa I say you have mentality of a 6th grader , I am such the name caller..... LMAO

You guys are still fighting about Trump?

Lol

i love watching tantrums....6 more years of entertainment

I am not fond of liars. But trump is from NY.

I lived through 8 years of Reagan, 12 years of the Bushes, 6 years of Nixon. And 30+ years in earnest conversation with a father who is even more die hard Republican than Doctodd.

We - America - will survive.