Does Midwestern-AZ require Microbiology WITH LAB (as a prereq)?

journeybegins

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Midwestern-AZ is a school that I'm worried about in terms of my prereqs.

To anyone that has been accepted to Midwestern-AZ or anyone that knows about its prerequisites, do you need Microbiology WITH LAB to matriculate?...

I have taken microbiology, but not with a lab component. I received an interview invite, so I have to worry if I have that requirement fulfilled or not, on top of anatomy with lab.

I tried to call the Midwestern-AZ office the past 2 days to ask about this. I called about 5 times total. No one seems to pick up, and I'm afraid to sound like a goof if I leave a voicemail.

My ADEA book version 2009 tells me that Midwestern-AZ does not require a lab component, but on the Midwestern-IL's (the other campus) website, the requirements says they want the microbiology with lab. But Midwestern-AZ's requirements are nowhere to be found.

Can anyone check their ADEA book version 2011 to see if the lab component is required with Microbiology?...

Greatly appreciated! Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

An admissions counselor from Midwestern visited our school a couple of weeks ago and handed out sheets with all of their course requirements and it does specifically say that you need the microbiology lab.

An admissions counselor from Midwestern visited our school a couple of weeks ago and handed out sheets with all of their course requirements and it does specifically say that you need the microbiology lab.

This was a counselor from Midwestern-AZ, correct? and not from Midwestern-IL (because the website for IL definitely does say you need microbio lab)?

Just wanted to clarify for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them today, and yes, for other applicants who are applying to both Midwestern schools, microbiology LAB is also required :(....

Midwestern-AZ is a school that I'm worried about in terms of my prereqs.

To anyone that has been accepted to Midwestern-AZ or anyone that knows about its prerequisites, do you need Microbiology WITH LAB to matriculate?...

I have taken microbiology, but not with a lab component. I received an interview invite, so I have to worry if I have that requirement fulfilled or not, on top of anatomy with lab.

I tried to call the Midwestern-AZ office the past 2 days to ask about this. I called about 5 times total. No one seems to pick up, and I'm afraid to sound like a goof if I leave a voicemail.

My ADEA book version 2009 tells me that Midwestern-AZ does not require a lab component, but on the Midwestern-IL's (the other campus) website, the requirements says they want the microbiology with lab. But Midwestern-AZ's requirements are nowhere to be found.

Can anyone check their ADEA book version 2011 to see if the lab component is required with Microbiology?...

Greatly appreciated! Thank you! :)

Yes it is required. If you are accepted, you will have to take it before you can matriculate in the Fall.

Does anyone know whether Midwestern-AZ requires biochem lab?