DMU........Self-proclaimed Super Geniuses grandchild

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Portier,

Anything special you would recommend for Step III. I'm taking it during my 2nd month of medicine. It is painful, and I can't wait to only read neurosurgery stuff for good. **** tachycardia.

havn't been on here in a while.

I used USMLEworld and read the review packet for step 1 on OMM that Boz emailed out. Thats all i used and did more than fine. usmleworld was absolutly dead on for all the non OMT stuff. I would say that I saw 50 repeat, almost ver batum questions

on a side note. my kid is 16 weeks old now. makes non-crying sounds and smiles. its freakn awesome

Members don't see this ad.

happy new year everyone. hope all is well.

havn't been on here in a while.

I used USMLEworld and read the review packet for step 1 on OMM that Boz emailed out. Thats all i used and did more than fine. usmleworld was absolutly dead on for all the non OMT stuff. I would say that I saw 50 repeat, almost ver batum questions

on a side note. my kid is 16 weeks old now. makes non-crying sounds and smiles. its freakn awesome

how much is usmleworld? I want to do the bare minimum, and basically I have to try to squeeze in study time. I've been using Boards and Wards still and First Aid for step II. I realize I need some q-bank stuff. I just don't want to waste my money.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK... so it's been a while

Dartos is on FM this month. Last month was Addictions and the month before was Psych ER. In case you didn't hear, we had our baby in early November. He was 6 lbs 12 oz. and 19 inches long. He looks a lot like his big brother. We moved, and we still have our house in MI. (which sucks) It's been a very busy holiday season here. Hope all is well with everyone else. I haven't been very good and keeping up with everyone. I don't know why...

Dartos is on his last 6 blocks of 4 weeks. Hard to believe everyone is more than half way done with intern year.

If you want pics... private message me your email address. I'm trying to put very little info about our family out on the web. There are crazies out there and Dartos works with them!

Port- glad to hear about Japan! how's it going with your lady?

Lucky- hope you're liking IL

OK... so it's been a while

Dartos is on FM this month. Last month was Addictions and the month before was Psych ER. In case you didn't hear, we had our baby in early November. He was 6 lbs 12 oz. and 19 inches long. He looks a lot like his big brother. We moved, and we still have our house in MI. (which sucks) It's been a very busy holiday season here. Hope all is well with everyone else. I haven't been very good and keeping up with everyone. I don't know why...

Dartos is on his last 6 blocks of 4 weeks. Hard to believe everyone is more than half way done with intern year.

If you want pics... private message me your email address. I'm trying to put very little info about our family out on the web. There are crazies out there and Dartos works with them!

Port- glad to hear about Japan! how's it going with your lady?

Lucky- hope you're liking IL

congrats you two! PM me some pics. Tell Dartos I miss his french tickler.

Hope everybody's doing well! Wondering about where my board scores are...if I passed I'll let you know what I used because if I didn't then I shouldn't be handing out advice anyway. Has anybody ever talked about their med school experience and then have people from other schools think that DMU is some sort of awesome magical place? I mean, I liked the school and all, but never thought it was so much more special than anywhere else, but according to some folks, we had some pretty neat perks. Don't really appreciate it until somebody points it out. On another note...this weekend I'm flying out to San Francisco for a whole week! :D Without my hubby, who couldn't take vacation until March....:( Can't wait till next year when we won't have such strict vacation rules.

Hope everybody's doing well! Wondering about where my board scores are...if I passed I'll let you know what I used because if I didn't then I shouldn't be handing out advice anyway. Has anybody ever talked about their med school experience and then have people from other schools think that DMU is some sort of awesome magical place? I mean, I liked the school and all, but never thought it was so much more special than anywhere else, but according to some folks, we had some pretty neat perks. Don't really appreciate it until somebody points it out. On another note...this weekend I'm flying out to San Francisco for a whole week! :D Without my hubby, who couldn't take vacation until March....:( Can't wait till next year when we won't have such strict vacation rules.

I have noticed the DMU seemed to be very different than others' med school experiences. Have fun on vacation. My sister gets married Feb 9th so I am going home for that, but I don't get any official vacation time until May. Only 3 and a half more months.............:D

Alrighty, I just got my scores back. It says on the home page that December Level 3 scores aren't back, but if you log in, they're there, in case anybody is reading who took the test in December.

I can't believe it, but this is my highest score out of all three tests. It doesn't make sense because I only dedicated 2 full days right before the test to studying, and sifted through review books about 3 weeks before. But anyway, I guess I'll have to attribute it to the great teaching that they do here in Peoria. I used Strong Medicine, the NMS review book for questions, and High-Yield OB. I bought the books used on Amazon, didn't spend over $30. And then I used Savarese's OMM book for a quickie review. During the test, the OMM parts were probably the hardest, because I couldn't remember where all the Chapman's points were for the life of me. Well anyway, I thought I'd contribute to the Level 3 advice, very glad it's over and I am going to have to say that taking this beast early is better because if you're doing something that doesn't use a lot of OMM, the further out you are, the more effort it's going to take to get all that knowledge back.

One more thing, I can't believe Heath Ledger is dead!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!!?

A) Lucky how do you increase a score of perfect

B) Holy ****................how long has heath ledger been dead? Anybody else famous die this year since the only news I hear about is if 605 had a BM.

A) Lucky how do you increase a score of perfect

B) Holy ****................how long has heath ledger been dead? Anybody else famous die this year since the only news I hear about is if 605 had a BM.

His masseuse found him dead in his apartment this afternoon, apparently had some unidentified "pills" lying around too. He was 28!! It'll be weird to watch Batman now, since they finished filming already. I thought he made a great Joker. :(

sitting in astro's bedroom. I know how super gay he is, and it is awesome.

You were sitting in the chair i use to pleasure myself. funny, my computer is in the same spot. Hmmmmm. It was nice having you around.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dartos has been saying the same thing about DMU. There are some schools that people went to out here that sounded horrible. There is a school in Chicago that a person described their MD experience with the following. "I kept having nightmares that there was something that I was missing. Like there was a hidden computer in the basement somewhere. If I didn't find it and fill out some paperwork that they never told me about, they wouldn't let me graduate. It was 4 years with NO direction." I have to say when I was in the hospital having the baby I was 100% at guessing MD/DO med students. The MDs STUDENTS that I encountered had little to NO bedside manner.

I'm meant an equal number of really stupid MD and DO med students. I think it depends what school they come from.

On my last month of medicine. I already took my first call. Only 5 more to go this month. I can't believe we are on our 8th month of internship. Dartos/Trophy wife I need your address. Hope everyone is doing well!

3 weeks until boards................I can't wait to never have to read this crap again:)

So I got my orders today and what do you know...they're still just for ONE year and still to the CG. How crazy is that....delivered as advertised.

I have to go to Field Medical Service Officer school, too....even though I was Fleet Marine Force designated as a corpsman, and have already done a deployment. I should have expected that. Maybe I'll meet more cute nurses I could date, but good reason tells me they'd break my heart.

I have a on/off set of roations left....busy, not busy, busy, not busy.....then to JAPAN. I bought a phone that will work out there.....my Des Moines area code doesn't even change.

I go to Camp Pendelton by 20JUL08 for the 4 week school, report to Okinawa by 08AUG08 for a year.

Then the question becomes...where do I do Peds? San Diego or Portsmouth. SD is a nicer place to live, but here I have connections in every department and know the hospital well. However, in SD I coudl party 'till I puked. Hmmmm....

License applications suck. They want like...all my stuff...and things.....

Well...back to the ortho ward to sign valium orders for the entire ward. GO ME!

D day is 5 days away............I've used Savarese and Usmleasy q bank with boards and wards and crush III. I just want it over with.

Guess who got their IRS refund today?!?! Time to pay off some bills.....boooo....

You'll do great, cremaster, not to worry. Feels great when you walk out of the testing center. Have a beer for us!

I start radiology (neurorads) next Thursday. Sooooo nervous and excited!! I got some books this month but haven't had time to crack them open because I've been on night float and all I want to do after I get home is crawl into bed. Feels like I'm post-call every day. Sucks, but makes up for not having overnight call for much of the year and we got all the weekends off. Anyway, hope y'all are doing well! Time to get back into bed with post-call hubby.

So....

The followup question always is, "How did you find that?"

Let me answer it first. I saw a snippet of something about Phoebe Kates and google image searched her. When I clicked an image I found a link to a web page called, "Space Ghetto." After looking at the new stuff posted everyday I found pictures of these conjoined twins. I thought, "That's shopped." It isn't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiSuyuOOBR8

I won't put a link to space ghetto since some of the more lurid posts are not family appropriate....that said it's spaceghetto dot org backslash serendipity. If you decide to go look for yourself I take no responsibility. You will find interesting and disturbing things there.

Just so everyone knows I finished COMLEX Level III in cremaster style of 4 hours and 10 minutes. It was surprisingly not that bad. Lucky you were right, though some of the questions were a bit rough. Back to reading nothing but neurosurgery and forgetting things like Felty's Syndrome.............

I start Neuro ICU the first. It should be fun, but I'm sure I'll feel like an idiot, which is the norm lately. I'm on my last medicine call tonight without the hospital pager so I'm going to admit my four patients and then start letting go of all my medical knowledge about diabetes and htn:)

Oh how long does it take to get your scores back this time?

DMAK is indeed alive and well, I don't think he comes on here very much. My COMLEX scores took 5 weeks to come back, supposedly they should be released 4 weeks after you take it but there was the holidays between my test and the release date so I think mine was delayed a week. I started radiology last week!! So exciting and scary. I love the voice recognition dictation system, getting a whole work area all to myself, and the quiet peace of the reading room. It's pretty sweet, but after I read my first head CT, I realized how much I don't know and have to read after I get home and on weekends!! It's all good though...I'll take study time over messing with floor disasters any day.

When do you get to move to NY?

I do NS out there next month. It's a little scary since I'm so used to the place I'm at, but I think it will be nice to see how it's done somewhere else. After april I have my month of vacation (May) which is also my wedding and then I move to NY in mid June. I'm also on vascular that month, but I'll have to cut it short to go out their for "orientation".

I'm glad that you are enjoying the most sexually harassing of all medical specialties:laugh:

Any of you do an OB rotation for third year in Newton Clinic? There are no comments about OB in that site so I was just wondering how it was?

Any of you do an OB rotation for third year in Newton Clinic? There are no comments about OB in that site so I was just wondering how it was?
Where is that? Not sure I've ever heard of it...

OB was fun until I got splashed....boooo

In case there is still uncertainty out there....just have to say radiology is the best....thing.......ever......woooooooooot! Sucks that I have to go back next month for my last medicine rotation (ICU) and then back to rads for good!

Where is that? Not sure I've ever heard of it...

OB was fun until I got splashed....boooo

Newton Clinic in Newton, IA about 35 minutes East of Des Moines or so I am told.

Elvis Lives.

elvis_presley_on_stage.jpg

Medicine isn't so bad here so far. *Knocks on head*

I'm ready to become Japanese.

"I think I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so!"

Oh my gosh, you'll have to eat your weight in real ramen and yummy fish for me!!! I'm kind of jealous, always wanted to go to Japan. My brother and his wife honeymooned there and said it was awesome.

We miss you, Portier!!!

I think a buddy of mine did his OB there. He really enjoyed it from what I recall. I think they're the only OB game in town, so they're pretty busy.

I think a buddy of mine did his OB there. He really enjoyed it from what I recall. I think they're the only OB game in town, so they're pretty busy.

Sweet, thanks

I officially have a black cloud. I've been getting destroyed on call. Portier I miss you too. I would love to go to Japan someday so I could be a giant:)

hahhahahaha. I'm on call for St. Patty's Day, can't wait for all the drunken bar fights:)

2.5 more ns calls this month...............Hopefully one week until boards. I can't wait to get my fat reimbursement check if I pass:)

The light is getting brighter.....I have 2 more calls this month and probably 3 more next month (taking 2 weeks vacation) and then no mas! Can't freakin wait until I get back into the rads dept.

Oh btw...we just found out that Lil Dicky #3 is well on its' way. Here's to me gaining 15 lbs in sympathy weight.

Almost done y'all! (Little southern flair thrown out there)

Hey big dicky, PM your email address so we can drink sometime here in the detroit area. i know we talked about it before but time slipped away. I gave up playstation for boozing. I think i miss those saturday board review sessiosn where we were all together, and i was planning on some giant orgy. unfortunately, the closest thing i've come to giant orgy involved a man-friend and me the other night with two girls who have been best friends since 2nd grade. You can do the math. I'm just happy that one of us is single and trashing it up still.

Internal medicine is killing me. "Chest pain, typical vs atypical. TIMI score = 2".........But it's sort of fun since it's my last 10 days of it.

Anyone ever heard of oxalate toxicity > renal failure. it happens in patients who had intestinal bypass surgery in the 70's for weight loss. i had a patient who had the surgery at 14 years old b/c he was 400 lbs. now he is alive but living with severe metabolic complications. one of those is hypokalemia which triggers ventricular arrythmias ands sets off his defibrialltor. i was watching him get shocked in dialysis and realized that everything in the HOUSE OF GOD is correct.

Hey big dicky, PM your email address so we can drink sometime here in the detroit area. i know we talked about it before but time slipped away. I gave up playstation for boozing. I think i miss those saturday board review sessiosn where we were all together, and i was planning on some giant orgy. unfortunately, the closest thing i've come to giant orgy involved a man-friend and me the other night with two girls who have been best friends since 2nd grade. You can do the math. I'm just happy that one of us is single and trashing it up still.

Internal medicine is killing me. "Chest pain, typical vs atypical. TIMI score = 2".........But it's sort of fun since it's my last 10 days of it.

Anyone ever heard of oxalate toxicity > renal failure. it happens in patients who had intestinal bypass surgery in the 70's for weight loss. i had a patient who had the surgery at 14 years old b/c he was 400 lbs. now he is alive but living with severe metabolic complications. one of those is hypokalemia which triggers ventricular arrythmias ands sets off his defibrialltor. i was watching him get shocked in dialysis and realized that everything in the HOUSE OF GOD is correct.

Look at you using medical terms. Almost like you are a real doctor:laugh:

Done...Done...Done...Freakin done!!!

Just got done with Step III...all done with my calls for this month...and only have 4 more calls next month (during my 2 week OB month!) Then onto rads--> no call, no weekends...radi-freakin-holiday.

Don't hate the playa..hate the game.

Done...Done...Done...Freakin done!!!

Just got done with Step III...all done with my calls for this month...and only have 4 more calls next month (during my 2 week OB month!) Then onto rads--> no call, no weekends...radi-freakin-holiday.

Don't hate the playa..hate the game.

I'm so glad I didn't have to do OB this year................I may have killed myself if I had to.

I'm so glad I didn't have to do OB this year................I may have killed myself if I had to.

I purposely saved my two weeks vacation for this month. Plus I'll be postcall 3 of those days(get to leave at 8:00 a.m.). So I only work a total of 8 days I think...

I "ho"d step III in memory of my anatomy partner. I got amazingly smarter over intern year...................now to let it all be forgotten:)

Guys I love LI. This is a great place to be! I am looking forward to moving out here..............................I'm not a huge fan of manhattan traffic:scared:

Hard to believe that we are almost done with internship. Hope everyone is doing well. Did anyone change what they are going into after this year?

It's been awhile since I've checked in with all you interns, but congrats to everyone for nearly finishing their intern year.

Third year has been great so far, but I find myself wondering why the hell we have to do so much FP??? It's great for those who want to do FM, but for those of us who hate being in clinic...

Anyone have any advice for applying to residency programs & for impressing people when doing Audition Rotations? Thanks everybody.

It's been awhile since I've checked in with all you interns, but congrats to everyone for nearly finishing their intern year.

Third year has been great so far, but I find myself wondering why the hell we have to do so much FP??? It's great for those who want to do FM, but for those of us who hate being in clinic...

Anyone have any advice for applying to residency programs & for impressing people when doing Audition Rotations? Thanks everybody.

Work hard. Get along with other students and residents as best as you can. Read and try to do fairly well on boards. If you work hard and just be yourself most people will do well.

Good luck.

I try to hook up with everyone I meet in the hospital. This means being charming and nice, even to the dudes. If they think you want to "do" them, they might consider giving you a residency spot, or at least a good evaluation. Most female students get by on this strategy. You can get pissed at me for saying it, but I see it everyday on rotations, especially surgery.