DMU Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ReginaGeorge

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if any current DMU students could answer some questions for me about rotations.

Specifically:
Are third year rotations guaranteed to be in one location for the whole year?
How hard is it to get a year-long rotation site near the campus during 3rd/4th year?
Are fourth year rotations typically at one site for the whole year or do we move around a lot?

Also, if anyone can speak about the general vibe here and if you're happy with choosing DMU, please do tell.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Not a current student, but an alum of DMU (2019). I'd imagine things are more or less the same since I was there if you want to hear more, I can PM you.

@Roxas, yes if you wouldn't mind, could you PM me about your experience at DMU, what you thought of it, how it affected your career, etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
Current DMU Student

Specifically:
Are third year rotations guaranteed to be in one location for the whole year?
Yes many: Des Moines, Davenport Chicago area, kankakee, 5 different sites in WI, MI, OH etc. However a large chunk of the class gets put in this central iowa cohort where you have to travel..
How hard is it to get a year-long rotation site near the campus during 3rd/4th year?
Hard. 40 students get the year long in des moines while anyone who wants to can enter in the central iowa cohort where you get a lot of rotations within driving distance to campus (sometimes have to drive far) but maybe 3 rotations are in other states.
Are fourth year rotations typically at one site for the whole year or do we move around a lot?
Can be done at the same site as 3rd year. But audition rotations are usually done in different places.

Also, if anyone can speak about the general vibe here and if you're happy with choosing DMU, please do tell.

Solid vibe. They changed the pre-clinical education so its different to the hell I had to do. Clinical rotations are meh, very dependent on where you end up. Overall I would pick the school on location, ease of pre-clinical classes, and cost of tuition.

The new school is gonna be nice so if you can take advantage of that it could be cool. DM me if you have other Q's

I just want to say it is very sad that DMU no longer has students rotate at Sandusky, OH location. When I rotated through there it was great having them and it was clear that the school clearly prepared them well for clinical rotations.

I'm actually surprised that they were in Sandusky in the first place.