DMU-OMC Class of 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope that I can make it to the Iowa state fair featuring "Busyman Billy Ray Cyrus." I don't think I could handle a skillet throwing competition (mainly because in Detroit, they have a knife/bullet throwing competiton!!!) Deliverance can happen anywhere, perhaps even Iowa.
:eek:

The trip was indeed a nice one. I'm glad I got to go to Va, albeit it was slightly shocking to be rushed.

Po - My suggestin to you is that you find some way to get back online. You should go to www.netzero.com and get some free access (they have two Des Moines connect numbers).

As for movies - I could go on for hours. Perhaps this is a time to get a hold of the classics again: I suggest Caddyshack! What movies interest you? Let me know so I can help you. Go out and see Swordfish, Shrek, DO NOT SEE EVOLUTION. Rent True Romance, Evil Dead 2, Ghostbusters, Waterboy, DO NOT RENT LITTLE NICKY. Also, get Castaway, anything Jet Li, and The Green Mile. DON'T RENT SCREWED.

Finding Forrester is okay. Shee - you have to tell me what you like. Help me help you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm up for anything... Action, comedy, romance, etc.... Like yourself, i love to watch movies as much as I can afford, that is....

Those suggestions you've made seems pretty good... I'll take a few of them....

But lately, my wife and I have been watching Action type flics.... something fast pace....

KidT, check your mail... I just got my T-shirt today and a couple of days ago I got a letter from SOMA (Student Osteopathic Medicine Association) and other things such as IOMA (Iowa Osteopathic Medicine Association)....

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW, netzero now charges $9.95 a month.... :) So they are not longer "zero" mula.... they should re-name it "$9.95net" :D

Popoy- thanks for the compliments.. things are easier said than done in terms of being considerate and supportive of others, but I try.

Too bad your internet connection will be going down soon. Actually, I was using Netzero for awhile and it was free up to 40 hours a month I think. Luckily, I can come to school now and use their internet connection while I am supposed to be studying. :p

Yeah, I figure that eventually, some people will come to California to practice.. so hopefully plenty of us COMP'ers will still be around by then!

BTW, the weather in California is <nice>. Come on over to Cali!

I can't check the mail while in Virginia!!! But I'll check it when I get home!

Po - you're living rent free, perhaps you could shell out nine dollars for one month! C'mon! How big was the shirt?

WOW... WELCOME TO Page 38th.... I see....

I'm not living rent free no mo'.... they just cashed my check!!! :eek:

But I do have this MSN 6 month free trial.... I'll try that....

The shirt they gave me was an XL....

The color of it looks.... aahhhh.... okay, I guess.... It's a light grey shirt with green and purple colors on it for the text.... :D

I guess it'll be of some use to work out in.... which I haven't done in about a week already. I've lost some weight (5lbs) but I'm sure that's muscle mass dissappearing and fat entering.... Oh well... need to start up again... :D

I hope you know that when I get out there in mid July, we are working out at least three times a week. Think you can hang?

PO, maybe its time to start tossing the ol skillet in preparation for next year! Gotta' love Iowa!!!

I'll hang.... :cool:

I usually do better when I have a set schedule along with school work. But I'll hang....

I saw that skillet throwing competition... it looked like it was a bunch of ladies.... I wouldn't mind tossing a few skillet for a trophy and the chance to boast that I'm a Skillet throwing champion amongs my peers in California!!! :D

I'm sure we can get a groove once we fit into our schedules. Perhaps six am BEFORE classes start....naaah...But we should at least try. Want to get buff and scare everyone when I get home for vacation.

The only thing I'm throwing in Iowa are those fools I saw hanging out on the street like hardasses. Damn punks.

don't make me embarress you you guys in the gym with my huge pythons!!! ;) ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, that's my motivation... I wanted change physically before I go back to California.... That would surely get people's eyes to open.... I have a long way to go but I'm definitely motivated.... :cool:

JS - keep the pythons away! You'll hurt my ego! Want to work out with us? We'll dominate the gym and play OUR music only! MOO HA HA!

Po - what do you think the chances are I could snag another one of those shirts? Need to give one to the ol' lady. You know, represent!

I've tried using my charms on the lady in the front desk when I saw the T-shirts being packed up.... NO LUCK!!! Although, DMU pens are easy to come by ;)

Maybe I'll go there on Monday and ask again... Make up a boggus story about me not getting one but my friend did.... yeahhhh, I see that working :D

Putting a gun to her head always works.

BEYAATCH!!! YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT!

yeah Josh.... Any suggestions as to when a workout can be put into our class schedules?

Early morning, noon, afternoon, evening... suggestion? :cool:

I see agression building on KidT!!! :D

You definitely need to workout and get some of those aggression out....

That gave me an idea.... Did you guys ever go target shooting? Is there one here in Des Moines? I've gone target shooting three times with friends, family and wife.... I sure would like to do some of that here....

GLOCKS!!! Yeaaahhhh!!! :cool:

I'm game Kid... just as long as we get to represent with some mack 10, snoop, and dre....yeeeaahhhh!!! Straight up ghetto liftin some freeweights like I was back in lock-up!

There will be lots of t-shirts and stuff being sold by the clubs when you start school, so you can pick up some more when you get here.

Time for another rendezvous in the chatroom. See y'all there!

Yeah JP, we can do some target shooting Detroit style sometime... usually you get about $150 and some good sprinting practice too! :D

Nice chatting with you guys again in the chatroom.... Have a safe trip KidT....

Damn, were on the 39th page already....

The heck.... I'm hearing a lot of motorcycle racing on GRAND.... I see Grand is really a drag strip for these motorcycling fellows....

later, :cool:

Ok,

We are getting a SICK number of posts here.

Popoy, U definitely win the "I reply to my own posts award" :p

Man August couldn't come any sooner. I'll miss my speedy cable modem when I'm a med student but ya gotta have those priorities!

I had to post just to add to the madness.

Dave

Dave, what you doin in Omaha? I definately miss omaha... lot more to do there than here. Are you coming here next year?

Anyways, givin a shout out to my Omaha peeps!

Thanks Dave.... If there is such an award.... I'll gladly accept it!!! :D

So, coming to DMU or you still waiting for AZCOM?

jsdmu.... Thanks for the hook ups dude!!! I'm in debted to you.... Thanks always for opening your door to a new med student.... When everyone's here for orientation, let's try to get together and grab dinner and have a TRUE lively chat.... Later peeps!!!

Got my T shirt today. wow....

Called my internet connection folks and they have extended my free trial for another month.

COOL!!! :cool:

Where the hell my peoples at? Post up, ya deadbeets! Po - I think it's just me and you while everyone else just chills.

Didn't you think that med terms website was cool? I was all happy when I saw that!

Yup, I actually posted something about that before.... I've glanced at the med term website and I thought it was pretty cool the way they set things up....

I wonder why they didn't do it as a summer class prep of us.... That would have been nicer.

Just noticed that COMP has taken the lead.... to forty pages. We gotta get things going here :D

I just got an idea.... maybe I'll start posting about biochem or the med terminology or something to keep this post going....

Yes, to those of you reading this, I have absolutely no life right now.... okay, I admit it....

Later, Po :D

Here's some interesting things I read that would help those of my classmates looking into emergency med....

You know that ABC's well there's an additional DE

A= Airway
B= Breathing
C= Circulation
D= Disability (we're talking basic neurological probs)
E= Expose (meaning, take their clothes off)

Here's more alphabet soup!!! :D

AVPU for cursory neurological exam

A = Alert
V = not alert, but responds to Vocal stimuli
P = doesn't respond xcept to painful stimuli
U = Unresponsive

AVPU also stands for Awake, Vomiting, Pupils, Urination = telling the doctor about the level of brain or spinal cord damage.

With all this excitement with my sharing of medical terminology or whatnots... I did not take note that we've arrived to our 40th page....

WELCOME TO PAGE 40!!!

Post up any other medical acronyms, terms, etc. that may be of help.... This is in the spirit of the terminology course they've provide us online at DMU!!!

Later peeps, :cool:

Hey - good nes. I didn't know that they stopped teaching us our science courses in the old auditorium! That was the only complaint I ever heard about DMU, and it's been resolved. Bully!

Yup, no more old building, I guess they're making their moves to demolishing that old auditorium....

I checked out the MEC... it's big and I think some of our orientation will be held there.... I'm just not sure whether or not they'll be placing chairs and tables in their or are we to just sit on chairs.....

Anyway, you're definitely right, no more old auditorium :D

Is the MEC the building where I had my interview?

Po- when you get this message, can you do me a favor? Please email me and let me know how much you are paying for your apartment - I just got a call from Janine who wanted to offer me one, and I want to know if I'm getting jacked on the price or not.

I'm not going to take it (I already have mine), but I want to know. Thanks.

Damn, PO - You, JS, I, and a few others single handedly beat out the "Ryan Can You Handle the Truth" post!

Legend, dude....Legend....

KidT
Check you email. I just emailed you regarding the rent.... I'd like to know how much they offered you.... Want to know if I'm getting jacked as well....

Definitely beat the Ryan thread.... It ain't over yet either.... I plan on posting till we get to the limits of the thread.

I think this is a great forum for our class to share their thoughts on things happening at DMU....

Later :cool:

I've noticed all these thread regarding chances.... I can't believe I was probably the same way last year.... Now I'm going to medical school and am worried about how I'll be performing in our classes.... Bump!!! :D

Hey there gang! Just one more quick shout out before I leave. The MEC could be a terrible classroom if they just have you sitting in those desks... but I'll hold out hope until I hear your class complaining all of the time. Anyways, peace to my hommies and see you all back here in 2 weeks :cool: :cool:

MEC... not good.... oh no.... that's something to look forward to....

Anyway, thanks again so much....

Have a fun and safe break.... Later :cool:

Will be there during the 8th of July with a friend to move my stuff in. Anyone going to be around?

Comp has us on the ropes right now. Can we answer, Po? It's just us two against the SDN. Crikey!

I'll be around.... on July 8th :D

jsdmu... will be back in a couple of weeks....