Des Moines University (DMU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 to Complete Application

The wait begins :yeahright:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when we can expect IIs from DMU?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I got that email last week. Hopefully they start soon, this school looks like it has a beautiful campus

Yeah I got that email last week. Hopefully they start soon, this school looks like it has a beautiful campus

Looking at last years thread and the first batch of IIs went out on 7/28. So hopefully we will hear soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Would anyone be willing to read over my secondary response?

How long after being verified did everyone get their secondary? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
100% false.

I was accepted without ever shadowing a DO or having any specific experience with a DO. Only experience I had was meeting our team ortho at my undergrad who was a DO. Never shadowed him or anything.

But did you have rural care shadowing experience? I think my situation may be different in that I don't have either DO nor rural.

If I am conversationally fluent in another language, is that worth putting down for the language question on the secondary? Haha, I wouldn't say I'm as fluent as I am in English, but I can speak and understand enough of another language and I can also translate for my parents.

I think that is worth putting down.

But did you have rural care shadowing experience? I think my situation may be different in that I don't have either DO nor rural.

I didn't have rural shadowing experience. I'm from the suburbs of Chicago and where I went to college wouldn't be considered rural.

II Invite! OOS LizzyM 74.5.

I don't have time to look at the dates yet but I'll post when I do. Excited to visit!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Hmm. People started receiving IIs 10 minutes ago, and I haven't gotten mine yet?

Time to break out the tums.

Reactions: 5 users
Holy crap, just got an II for DMU! So excited!

Reactions: 4 users
II here as well! Complete mid-July.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats as well! Mind sharing stats? Trying to get an idea of where I stand, they seem to be sticking to the high stats so far.
I'll give ranges to retain some anonymity: MCAT 514-519, GPA 3.6-3.8

Reactions: 1 users
@Gingy @mouster @gertlush Did you guys get a complete application email or just the secondary complete? I'm getting nervous

I got: an email saying that they got my primary/wanted me to complete the secondary, an email saying that my application was complete/under review ("we have received all components of your app"), and then I got the interview email. Dates: July 11, July 14, and July 28th, respectively. However, with the "complete" email they did send me a thing stating that they had 60 days to make a decision on me, and not to check the portal before then.

I got: an email saying that they got my primary/wanted me to complete the secondary, an email saying that my application was complete/under review ("we have received all components of your app"), and then I got the interview email. Dates: July 11, July 14, and July 28th, respectively. However, with the "complete" email they did send me a thing stating that they had 60 days to make a decision on me, and not to check the portal before then.

Aw crap i only got a "We got your secondary" and haven't got the "complete email".

I better follow up thanks a lot :)

Aw crap i only got a "We got your secondary" and haven't got the "complete email".

I better follow up thanks a lot :)
No worries! Did you send your letters through AACOMAS or something else? I sent mine through AACOMAS and I feel like that contributed to the fast turn-around.

Time to worry you didn't get an II in 3...2....1....

In all seriousness, congrats guys!

Hey folks, congrats to those of you interviewing in the near future. To the others, no reason to worry if you submitted your app around a similar time. You might be e-mailed on day 40 or even day 60 from receiving your first e-mail.

Hey folks, congrats to those of you interviewing in the near future. To the others, no reason to worry if you submitted your app around a similar time. You might be e-mailed on day 40 or even day 60 from receiving your first e-mail.
Thank for this! Just curious as to if you have some insight into their process, do you think they begin with the higher stats and work their way down regardless of submission date? Because all the IIs I have seen so far have had top notch mcats or gpa. Thanks

Thank for this! Just curious as to if you have some insight into their process, do you think they begin with the higher stats and work their way down regardless of submission date? Because all the IIs I have seen so far have had top notch mcats or gpa. Thanks
When I was applying the real high stats went early August. I think most often this tends to be the people that receive scholarships too, though don't hold me to that. Just going off of my own knowledge. To answer your question as to if they work their way down from there, my answer is most likely not. You'll have people with a range of GPA and MCAT scores in your interviews.

Last edited:
When I was applying the real high stats went early August. I think most often this tends to be the people that receive scholarships too, though don't hold me to that. Just going off of my own knowledge. To answer your question as to if they work their way down from there, my answer is most likely not. You'll have people with a range of GPA and MCAT scores in your interviews.
Thank you!

Congrats! Just now? and do you mind sharing stats?

In their sig:
They are a re-applicant w/ 31 | cGPA: 3.5 | sGPA: 3.4.

Very close to my stats. It's going to be a looooong weekend.

Reactions: 1 user