Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine- Part THREE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you're talking.

Dr. Kicia, I've recently taken a liking to Green Tea, as well.

i can't live without it

Members don't see this ad.

While sadly I am one of the rare DCOM students without kids, I am the proud owner of a Toyota Prius. :D I get 50 mpg, and it is wonderful to fill up about once a month. The decision is difficult, but man I love my prius!!

lol

Members don't see this ad :)
While sadly I am one of the rare DCOM students without kids, I am the proud owner of a Toyota Prius. :D I get 50 mpg, and it is wonderful to fill up about once a month. The decision is difficult, but man I love my prius!!

lmao, i dont have kidz and my gut instinct is that in a class of 150 students, there is no way married peepz can make us the minority!!! Infact i dont think there was ever a class in any medical school that comprised more married studets Vs the singles or not married. (a wild guess...dont hold me to it:rolleyes: )

lmao, i dont have kidz and my gut instinct is that in a class of 150 students, there is no way married peepz can make us the minority!!! Infact i dont think there was ever a class in any medical school that comprised more married studets Vs the singles or not married. (a wild guess...dont hold me to it:rolleyes: )

You shouldn't be too surprised if this school happens to buck the trends ... especially in married:single ratio ....

Hey now. I'm a prodigy of the Lafollete/Jacksboro school systems.:smuggrin:

Oh good, you can tell me more about them. Are there any Christian schools or private schools in the area? How are the publics schools? Do you know if they have a gifted and talanted program? Our kids go to Christian schools right now and I know there is one in the Halls area, but I really don't know about the Jacksboro area.

Do you still live in the Jacksboro area? Are there any new subdivisions with mid-size houses?

Plus, if you are kicking butt in biochem and its not kicking yours, than I am sold on Jacksboro schools! Grades are posted...avg was slightly down, but not too bad :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

I'm in the no kids boat as well. I'm perfectly ok with that too.

Yeah, I figured that he was banned. I have been doing a bit of lurking the last few weeks and noticed......Oh how some things dont change. I guess that is why we are probably two of few who like him:laugh: :laugh: Just kidding Dr. I....Hey, you still up for workin on our Ninja and bow-staff skills when we get to DCOM?? Everyone should expect to see a couple of blokes wearing american flag, MC-Hammer pants practicing Kung-Fu on the roof of the new building.....thats just how I bang.:laugh:

Yo Inviz.....you heard anything else about the other schools??

I want to join in. I'll bring the elk jerky and the mossy oak break up tree stand!

Dr. I Please don't get banned agin before DCOM orientation! LOL!

I too enjoy gree tea. Roobios is also good stuff.

I want to join in. I'll bring the elk jerky and the mossy oak break up tree stand!

Dr. I Please don't get banned agin before DCOm orientation! LOL!

Hey now, I've boosted the activity of the pre-osteo/DCOM side and it's only been almost 2 days ... :laugh:

Hey now, I've boosted the activity of the pre-osteo/DCOM side and it's only been almost 2 days ... :laugh:

Don't tell anyone, but you were missed.

*gives Dr I a breakfast cookie she's been saving for him*

Yes, it is much more exciting with Dr. I around...I agree.:rolleyes:

Yes, it is much more exciting with Dr. I around...I agree.:rolleyes:

change that smiley, you know you wanted me back ... and I have proof! :laugh:

(it's in the lounge ...)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh good, you can tell me more about them. Are there any Christian schools or private schools in the area? How are the publics schools? Do you know if they have a gifted and talanted program? Our kids go to Christian schools right now and I know there is one in the Halls area, but I really don't know about the Jacksboro area.

Do you still live in the Jacksboro area? Are there any new subdivisions with mid-size houses?

Plus, if you are kicking butt in biochem and its not kicking yours, than I am sold on Jacksboro schools! Grades are posted...avg was slightly down, but not too bad :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

I did see some christian schools in the area. We drove past one that looked like a bunch of those metal pre-fab buildings patched together. I don't think there were any windows. There are plenty of sub-divisions in Lafollette/Jacksboro. I recommend do a search on Knox News to look for some in your price range. I think that is a good area to look.

As for the small country schools, I will say this. My mother went to the public schools in Coeburn, VA and she went on to be the valedictorian of her high school class and a member of Phi Beta Kappa in college. She has a master's degree now. Her father was a coal miner and her mother was a housewife who had about 10 kids. She is the youngest child, but her older siblings grew up with no running water. :eek: She came from a poor house that was filled with a lot of love and went on to be very successful. The schools may not have as much resources, but if you take an interest in your child's education, they will do well anywhere. You obviously sound like you are very involved in your children's lives. With the combination of your involvement and a public education, I am sure that they will be very successful. :)

Proof? Oh really....what proof would that be?:rolleyes: :laugh: :smuggrin:

BLAF to you!:D

Probably that you put a love smiley icon next to one of your posts about him or to him, and he totally read into it way too much.:laugh:

Funny thing is, you put those next to dang near everything you post, even if its about goats.....

Its almost time for the big dance..........everyone got their brackets filled out?

I went out last night with 7 female fourth year medical students that were celebrating one of their bdays and "the big" day today.... "MATCH DAY!":thumbup:

I can't wait to get to that point!

Probably that you put a love smiley icon next to one of your posts about him or to him, and he totally read into it way too much.:laugh:

Funny thing is, you put those next to dang near everything you post, even if its about goats.....

LMAO!!! Goats...:love: :love: :love:

I am totally addicted to the smileys, sorry.:rolleyes:

WVSOM and VCOM.

Thank you for the pics, DrMom.

You're welcome!:D

I just have to say that I am REALLY looking forward to the weather in Tennessee. It finally warmed up enough here to melt the two feet of snow we had and now....it is going to snow again tomorrow.:(

I just have to say that I am REALLY looking forward to the weather in Tennessee. It finally warmed up enough here to melt the two feet of snow we had and now....it is going to snow again tomorrow.:(

I hear ya. We had the same thing in chicago. it was 73 here on tuesday and it is 35 today. i was ready to pick up the golf clubs and go play, but now i have to wait some more :(

I thought you liked snow? Stop complaining ya' New Yorker!:laugh:

I hear ya. We had the same thing in chicago. it was 73 here on tuesday and it is 35 today. i was ready to pick up the golf clubs and go play, but now i have to wait some more :(

Yep, Thank goodness last night's 'snow' is melting and the sun is coming out. Dang Lake effect and freakin la nina.

I just got an email from Dr. Leo, I had asked about health insurance and they said they were still finalizing the details of what policy they were going to choose and thankfully it will include dental.

I just got an email from Dr. Leo, I had asked about health insurance and they said they were still finalizing the details of what policy they were going to choose and thankfully it will include dental.
do you know if spouses can be on this insurance, or is it only for the studen?

Love smiley? Don't worry, I pretty much see her as an older sister, not as a "hot momma." I guess you didn't take the "HINT" I left in my post ... :rolleyes:

Love smiley? Don't worry, I pretty much see her as an older sister, not as a "hot momma." I guess you didn't take the "HINT" I left in my post ... :rolleyes:

LMAO!!! :p Well, you are like a pesky little brother then.:laugh: :smuggrin:

:love:

I thought you liked snow? Stop complaining ya' New Yorker!:laugh:

Yep, Thank goodness last night's 'snow' is melting and the sun is coming out. Dang Lake effect and freakin la nina.

I do love snow, but I am sick of it now. I want it from Thanksgiving to the end of January, maybe February, and then that is enough. It is not fair to have a few nice days where it is 50 degrees and the flowers are coming up and then have to go back to piles of snow. What a tease! :mad: They are saying it may be as bad as the Valentine's Day storm where we got two and a half feet of snow. My poor flowers!!!:scared:

I do love snow, but I am sick of it now. I want it from Thanksgiving to the end of January, maybe February, and then that is enough. It is not fair to have a few nice days where it is 50 degrees and the flowers are coming up and then have to go back to piles of snow. What a tease! :mad: They are saying it may be as bad as the Valentine's Day storm where we got two and a half feet of snow. My poor flowers!!!:scared:

Everyone knows to bring flowers INTO the house ... especially if it will snow hard .... :laugh:

You shouldn't be too surprised if this school happens to buck the trends ... especially in married:single ratio ....

Iam with ya, let's hope not though..no offense to all my fellow married classmates. It will be a great mix of people..

I went out last night with 7 female fourth year medical students that were celebrating one of their bdays and "the big" day today.... "MATCH DAY!":thumbup:

I can't wait to get to that point!

There are 2 points you could prolly get to hanging out with female med students or do well on your boards and match at your top priority:laugh: Seriously women and career dont go hand in hand, i would suggest choosing one or the other..which is like saying impossible!

Everyone knows to bring flowers INTO the house ... especially if it will snow hard .... :laugh:

Ummm....duh, they are planted in the ground. They are snow bells that are the first spring flowers to come up here. So, do you think I should dig them up.:rolleyes: :laugh:

um, ok ... moving on ... this is getting too weird. I guess I should change it to "good friend."

LMFAO!!! Yea, my husband was reading the thread and was wondering what weird, incestuous thing I had going on with my fellow classmates.:laugh: :smuggrin:

I got your point anyway. Just teasing you.:p

LMFAO!!! Yea, my husband was reading the thread and was wondering what weird, incestuous thing I had going on with my fellow classmates.:laugh: :smuggrin:

I got your point anyway. Just teasing you.:p

and incestuous would imply...:eek:

If it makes you feel better it was in the high 70s here yesterday.

where did you get those pictures from on that thread...those were so funny!

I love cats. I've had to guard myself against becoming "a crazy cat lady." :laugh:

I spend lots of time Googling cat pics.

Done. However ...

Sunny, it'd be better off if you didn't proceed to dilute the thread by copying Eternalrage and me ... :laugh: :smuggrin:

Yes. I shall stick to sarcastic comments and referring to myself in the third person.

You and Eternal have a lock on nekkid underwear gals!:laugh:

apparently you google weiner dogs too:laugh:
Weiner dogs are angels sent by God to guard the earth. Next to cats and German Shepards they are supremo! :lol:

I did clocked the milage and it is 40 miles or so from Halls and 35 from Maynardville. But it only took 40-45 min everytime we drove it. I guess living here instead of the north, 40 miles is a lot, but livable.

I just checked google maps and Jacksboro is 38 miles to Harrogate too. So I guess it comes down to preference in towns. Oh, Jacksboro is 34 miles to UTK which is downtown where the hospitals are. Halls is 13 miles. Plus if you have kids, in Halls you get Knox Co schools.

Thank you...I didn't get to drive that route when down there, so I've been wondering. This is very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.