Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine- Part THREE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DocMom and Dr. Kicia: I'm a total control freakaroonie, too! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Did you all get the email from Dr. Leo? The new gym and exercise room look great! :thumbup: He also explained that the apartments ARE NOT being rented out to non-LMU students. Things are coming along very nicely out there.

As for Halls and Maynardsville, they look like great places to live, but they are so far from school. It's not so much the 1+ hour commute, but the miles :eek: over 400 miles per week!!! That is a lot of gas. Yeah, you're really close for years 3 & 4, but a good distance away from DCOM. We'll definately look there, but would prefer something a little more between knoxville and DCOM.

I did clocked the milage and it is 40 miles or so from Halls and 35 from Maynardville. But it only took 40-45 min everytime we drove it. I guess living here instead of the north, 40 miles is a lot, but livable.

I just checked google maps and Jacksboro is 38 miles to Harrogate too. So I guess it comes down to preference in towns. Oh, Jacksboro is 34 miles to UTK which is downtown where the hospitals are. Halls is 13 miles. Plus if you have kids, in Halls you get Knox Co schools.

I did clocked the milage and it is 40 miles or so from Halls and 35 from Maynardville. But it only took 40-45 min everytime we drove it. I guess living here instead of the north, 40 miles is a lot, but livable.

I just checked google maps and Jacksboro is 38 miles to Harrogate too. So I guess it comes down to preference in towns. Oh, Jacksboro is 34 miles to UTK which is downtown where the hospitals are. Halls is 13 miles. Plus if you have kids, in Halls you get Knox Co schools.

Thanks, but I think we get the point. You live in the "ideal" part of Tenn. Congrats!

Hope you hear back from PCOM-GA soon :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, but I think we get the point. You live in the "ideal" part of Tenn. Congrats!

Hope you hear back from PCOM-GA soon :thumbup:

Chill, that isn't very nice. I am just trying to be helpful for those trying to find a place. It is a BIG move! If you are not interested that is fine, but you do not have to be insulting. :) :)

I actually don't live there. I live about 1.5 hrs away (other side of Knoxville). We are also looking. But since we live close, I thought I could help.

I also want to live in an area that is nearby to Harrogate and Knoxville. It is just much more complicated when you are trying to weigh the kid's schools and perhaps a spouse's job.

Thank you for your encouragement on GA-PCOM :thumbup: :thumbup: :laugh:

Can anyone post pictures/links to the new gym and any updates on the DCOM student housing?

I keep leaning back towards DCOM, but I need to decide soon if I want to send in my deposit.

Chill, that isn't very nice. I am just trying to be helpful for those trying to find a place. It is a BIG move! If you are not interested that is fine, but you do not have to be insulting. :) :)

I actually don't live there. I live about 1.5 hrs away (other side of Knoxville). We are also looking. But since we live close, I thought I could help.

I also want to live in an area that is nearby to Harrogate and Knoxville. It is just much more complicated when you are trying to weigh the kid's schools and perhaps a spouse's job.

Thank you for your encouragement on GA-PCOM :thumbup: :thumbup: :laugh:

I didn't think it was harsh nor offensive. Must be some thin skin you have? It just got old how you kept mentioning the same thing over and over again. Yes, we get the point, you live near everything. Great. If I offended you, then apologies.

Can anyone post pictures/links to the new gym and any updates on the DCOM student housing?

I keep leaning back towards DCOM, but I need to decide soon if I want to send in my deposit.

What other places did you get accepted to?

By the way, I am only holding out for PCOM-GA because I am applying for the NHCS. It is not availible for DCOM goers because of it's provisional status. I think DCOM is fantasic or I would not have applied!!:)

I would like to get out of residency and still be able to afford to send my 4 kids to college, if there is any possible way :laugh: :eek: :scared:

I didn't think it was harsh nor offensive. Must be some thin skin you have? It just got old how you kept mentioning the same thing over and over again. Yes, we get the point, you live near everything. Great. If I offended you, then apologies.

Apologies accepted. I can see from other posts that this is just your way. :thumbdown:

You should take it as a compliment......you seem to put a lot of effort into being that prickly. :laugh:

Not really, it comes naturally depending upon the poster in question or reference. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Pics.:D

Attachments

• DCOMc.jpg
    DCOMc.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 202
  • DCOM2c.jpg
    DCOM2c.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 225
  • DCOM3c.jpg
    DCOM3c.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 214
  • DCOM4c.jpg
    DCOM4c.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 228
  • DCOM5c.jpg
    DCOM5c.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 220
  • DCOM6c.jpg
    DCOM6c.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 207
the workout room seems a lil small for my taste. What you guyies think?

WOOT!!! :clap: Let's hear it for stubborn, controlling women!!!:smuggrin: :laugh:

LOL...even those stupid surveys say some truth...otherwise why would they match me with Arnold LMAO!!!!:laugh:

Sup Ya'll!! So, I take a hiatus from our thread for a while, and now there are all these new folks posting......and Dr. Inviz is still poppin off to most of them.:laugh: Congrats to all that have been recently added to the class....Cant wait to meet everybody......I especially cant wait to go for a ride on Docmom's goat.

Sup Ya'll!! So, I take a hiatus from our thread for a while, and now there are all these new folks posting......and Dr. Inviz is still poppin off to most of them.:laugh: Congrats to all that have been recently added to the class....Cant wait to meet everybody......I especially cant wait to go for a ride on Docmom's goat.

LOL! You missed a lot. I guess you missed Dr. I's ban. It was just lifted last night and he is already misbehaving.:smuggrin:

No goats yet, but a pony and a horse. :D

WOOT! YEA!!!

Well, I got matched with Jack Black!!!:confused: :eek: :scared: :smuggrin: :laugh:

i guess it was for balance.
Just so you know i did too...but then i changed one of the answers(because i was pondering on it and liked both answers so i wanted to see if it makes a difference):p
now you know my little secret...shhhhh...don't tell anyone.:laugh:

I can't wait to hang her (future) goat on a flapole ... :laugh:

i guess it was for balance.
Just so you know i did too...but then i changed one of the answers(because i was pondering on it and liked both answers so i wanted to see if it makes a difference):p
now you know my little secret...shhhhh...don't tell anyone.:laugh:

LMFAO!!!! Must be that capricorn thing again!;)

LOL! You missed a lot. I guess you missed Dr. I's ban. It was just lifted last night and he is already misbehaving.:smuggrin:

i would be a little too tall for a pony (don't want my feet to be dragging and making tracks in your backyrad) but horse would be awsome.

Fred (for those of you who don't know him).

Attachments

• n509911545_19862_5122.jpg
    n509911545_19862_5122.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 209
i would be a little too tall for a pony (don't want my feet to be dragging and making tracks in your backyrad) but horse would be awsome.

Well, the mare is 16.2, so she is a big girl. The pony is just a little shetland pony who is 10.3, so I think he will be reserved for the kids. Maybe I can give everyone's kids pony rides at the BBQ!!! :D :thumbup:

Yeah, I figured that he was banned. I have been doing a bit of lurking the last few weeks and noticed......Oh how some things dont change. I guess that is why we are probably two of few who like him:laugh: :laugh: Just kidding Dr. I....Hey, you still up for workin on our Ninja and bow-staff skills when we get to DCOM?? Everyone should expect to see a couple of blokes wearing american flag, MC-Hammer pants practicing Kung-Fu on the roof of the new building.....thats just how I bang.:laugh:

Yo Inviz.....you heard anything else about the other schools??

Well, the mare is 16.2, so she is a big girl. The pony is just a little shetland pony who is 10.3, so I think he will be reserved for the kids. Maybe I can give everyone's kids pony rides at the BBQ!!! :D :thumbup:

can i count my cat in as a kid:D

Yeah, I figured that he was banned. I have been doing a bit of lurking the last few weeks and noticed......Oh how some things dont change. I guess that is why we are probably two of few who like him:laugh: :laugh: Just kidding Dr. I....Hey, you still up for workin on our Ninja and bow-staff skills when we get to DCOM?? Everyone should expect to see a couple of blokes wearing american flag, MC-Hammer pants practicing Kung-Fu on the roof of the new building.....thats just how I bang.:laugh:

are these the once in which the crotch part ends somewhere between the ancles?

OK, well I am off to bed.:sleep: It is 12:39 and my kids wake up at 6:30 every morning. So yea, I am chronically sleep deprived. Good practice for med school and residency though.:laugh:

I had some circumstances which forced me to withdraw from other schools, and I'm waiting on my instate school now.

So yea, I guess you're stuck with me doin the Taekwondo, I actually wonder if there are classes nearby .... doubt it.

However, you're on your own with the MC-Hammer pants .... :laugh:

Hey now. I'm a prodigy of the Lafollete/Jacksboro school systems.:smuggrin:

Heh, so she also dissed you in the process? shocking. I love stereotyping. They're so effective .... :rolleyes: :laugh:

It is a way to indicate that drugs are sold in that area. Or it could just be some one thinking they are cool by doing it, but usually the first reason. And Midwest/Del City isn't all that bad.

Ha! I'm glad I learned something new today. :)

I always used to think it was kids picking on other kids and stealing their shoes. Maybe I won't be spending so much time by myself in those areas.

Well, I might actually be drinking the cheapest wine possible. ;)

I think I will NOT be drinking. Only vodka and everclear does it for me anyways, and I won't be drinking those either.

The mileage from Halls to Harrogate has us thinking of buying another car...

We'd then have two commuters and a truck..

Both vehicles paid for right now, so it's a tough decision.

While sadly I am one of the rare DCOM students without kids, I am the proud owner of a Toyota Prius. :D I get 50 mpg, and it is wonderful to fill up about once a month. The decision is difficult, but man I love my prius!!

I think I will NOT be drinking. Only vodka and everclear does it for me anyways, and I won't be drinking those either.

I'm hurt you wouldn't want to drink cheap, nasty wine with me! :(

There may still be hope though. I like orange juice and vodka. Possibilites still exist...;)

green tea for me. I am quite cheep in terms of maintance. No alcogol for me:D

I'm hurt you wouldn't want to drink cheap, nasty wine with me! :(

There may still be hope though. I like orange juice and vodka. Possibilites still exist...;)

Now you're talking.

Dr. Kicia, I've recently taken a liking to Green Tea, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.