Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine- Part THREE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you...I didn't get to drive that route when down there, so I've been wondering. This is very helpful.

You are welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

I did see some christian schools in the area. We drove past one that looked like a bunch of those metal pre-fab buildings patched together. I don't think there were any windows.

Hmmmm...I think we will stay away from crazy :eek: Thanks for the info. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I did see some christian schools in the area. We drove past one that looked like a bunch of those metal pre-fab buildings patched together. I don't think there were any windows.

That sounds like a prison...I think I would avoid that one too. Any barbed wire fence around? Was the school uniform a bright orange shirt and pants?

That sounds like a prison...I think I would avoid that one too. Any barbed wire fence around? Was the school uniform a bright orange shirt and pants?

LOL! I don't know! :laugh: All I know is I saw a sign for the school and I couldn't figure out where the building was. But, then I realized that it was the metal one.:eek:

There are 2 points you could prolly get to hanging out with female med students or do well on your boards and match at your top priority:laugh: Seriously women and career dont go hand in hand, i would suggest choosing one or the other..which is like saying impossible!

So being with the opposite sex and being a doctor can't happen?? :confused: :thumbdown: :eek:

I seriously hope you're wrong or else medical may not be much fun! :laugh: ;)

So being with the opposite sex and being a doctor can't happen?? :confused: :thumbdown: :eek:

I seriously hope you're wrong or else medical may not be much fun! :laugh: ;)

To each their own, whatever floats ones boat.

There are 2 points you could prolly get to hanging out with female med students or do well on your boards and match at your top priority:laugh: Seriously women and career dont go hand in hand, i would suggest choosing one or the other..which is like saying impossible!

I seriously thought you meant women and medicine don't go hand in hand ... i was about to let that one go with a 10 foot pole and let the ladies handle that one .... :laugh:

I have just discovered the closest Chipotle to the school is in Lexington.

This is bad.

yet another reason to apply to DCOM :D
Hey, at least there is a pretty darn good gym on campus:laugh: and we all know that gym goes really nicely with chipotle.;)

ahhhh...i am stuck home on this beautiful weekend writing a pepar about Etruscan mirrors and studying for my 3 midterms next week...i pray for this semester to be over LOL.
And then MCAT time:scared:

This is bad.

I agree...very bad! Now the only Tex-Mex will be the food I cook myself:(

Members don't see this ad :)
I think this lack of Chipotle and my favorite bbq joints will only lead to one good thing...I'll probably lose 20Lbs just because of these two things..

Finally got hooked up with Nike + today, as I have some gettin' in shape to do over the next few months...

Unfortunately, I don't know how far ahead Lamborghini and Dr McDreamy really are of Dr Inviz. Its unfair to single him out considering they are all engaged in the seemingly prepubescent conflict. My recommendation is that they all heed your advice. How can future doctors be this way? As a pre-med, I find this forshadowing a deterent for applying to osteopathic schools. Someone please assure me that there are more worthy students headed to DCOM.

Lamborghini is putting on the moves! I can see it now: LMU-DCOM has it's very own Grey's Anatomy!

homer_d-oh.jpg

I am reminded of the correlation to the affinity for television my generation has developed. A message to all of you:

TURN OFF YOUR TV. IT IS ROTTING YOUR MIND.

Unfortunately, I don't know how far ahead Lamborghini and Dr McDreamy really are of Dr Inviz. Its unfair to single him out considering they are all engaged in the seemingly prepubescent conflict. My recommendation is that they all heed your advice. How can future doctors be this way? As a pre-med, I find this forshadowing a deterent for applying to osteopathic schools. Someone please assure me that there are more worthy students headed to DCOM.

sorry.jpg

:laugh:

This is bad.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*Sunny faints*

I am reminded of the correlation to the affinity for television my generation has developed. A message to all of you:

TURN OFF YOUR TV. IT IS ROTTING YOUR MIND.

Too late. :D

OK now, we made it through 2 threads without a troll!!!

Froggie,

you may have to make a pit stop at the bodeaga before you head on down to Harrogate. Make sure you get a few burrito bols at Chipotle for the BBQ at Doctormoms'.

I've prepared a list.

1. Tabasco brand green hot sauce
2. Tabasco brand Chipotle sauce.
3. REAL corn tortillas
3. 3 pounds of corn flour
4. 2 sacs of tomatillos
5. That candy that's spicy on the outside, but sweet on the inside and comes on a stick.
6. 3 pounds of tamarindos.

the rest we will discuss later...;)

Froggie,

you may have to make a pit stop at the bodeaga before you head on down to Harrogate. Make sure you get a few burrito bols at Chipotle for the BBQ at Doctormoms'.

I've prepared a list.

1. Tabasco brand green hot sauce
2. Tabasco brand Chipotle sauce.
3. REAL corn tortillas
3. 3 pounds of corn flour
4. 2 sacs of tomatillos
5. That candy that's spicy on the outside, but sweet on the inside and comes on a stick.
6. 3 pounds of tamarindos.

the rest we will discuss later...;)

Sweetheart ( I am guessing you are a female),

I am mexican! :laugh: I know what to bring (but thanks for the tips anyways). I will have to ship some good food from Texas. I am sure McDreamy can help with this too!

But nothing compares to a good Chipotle burrito

Sweetheart ( I am guessing you are a female),

I am mexican! :laugh: I know what to bring (but thanks for the tips anyways). I will have to ship some good food from Texas. I am sure McDreamy can help with this too!

But nothing compares to a good Chipotle burrito

Well I figured that! :p That's is why I am trusting you with "THE LIST"

You won't get tricked into buying the fake stuff.:thumbup:

Hey has anybody started buying their books yet? I was looking online and I found most of em for more than half price off for used on Amazon. Im thinking its probably better to buy em now cheap than wait till school. I am going to wait to buy the otoscope kit unless by some miricle I find one on ebay for super cheap.

It was likely MIL, with a new ID, and I'm sure whoever is MIL also may be a regular poster amongst us scared of the chance that his big mouth backfires ... :laugh: :smuggrin:

Hey has anybody started buying their books yet? I was looking online and I found most of em for more than half price off for used on Amazon. Im thinking its probably better to buy em now cheap than wait till school. I am going to wait to buy the otoscope kit unless by some miricle I find one on ebay for super cheap.

Relax a little.

cheer up buddy, stop being so negative about silly stuff..i understand if you think me or any others on this thread have caused you to think that some immature boyz are going to be in med school, and might not do a good job of representing a school. However, it's very simple we all made it this far not coz we were slacking off or watching tv debating which character i like the most? I personally studied my butt off to get a chance to be in med school, iam sure my buddies mcdreamy, dr.inviz have done a great job in school and outside to earn their spots. So never discount the fact that we are all business when it comes to work but being playful is not a bad trait. Sorry if i wasted your time with this cheesy message, hope you choose an osteopathic school coz you want to not coz some person has influenced you against it. Be your own man!

cheer up buddy, stop being so negative about silly stuff..i understand if you think me or any others on this thread have caused you to think that some immature boyz are going to be in med school, and might not do a good job of representing a school. However, it's very simple we all made it this far not coz we were slacking off or watching tv debating which character i like the most? I personally studied my butt off to get a chance to be in med school, iam sure my buddies mcdreamy, dr.inviz have done a great job in school and outside to earn their spots. So never discount the fact that we are all business when it comes to work but being playful is not a bad trait. Sorry if i wasted your time with this cheesy message, hope you choose an osteopathic school coz you want to not coz some person has influenced you against it. Be your own man!

I had to do some serious pic/post restraint, as noticed by 2 posts with "."s on them .... just so I wouldn't hurt his precious little feelings .... :laugh:

I just got an email from Dr. Leo, I had asked about health insurance and they said they were still finalizing the details of what policy they were going to choose and thankfully it will include dental.

Sweetness! Someone told me that DCOM would not have a group health plan for students (though that was a while ago). Will he be sending info out when this plan becomes open for enrollment???

Sweetness! Someone told me that DCOM would not have a group health plan for students (though that was a while ago). Will he be sending info out when this plan becomes open for enrollment???

Highly likely. It appears he readily sends out info as they come.

I haven't started buying them yet, but I also priced them all out on Amazon. I am going to start buying them soon because if I buy them little by little, it won't be so painful.:rolleyes:

For anyone who hasn't started that stack of admissions paperwork yet, you should really start it soon. Mine is taking forever!!! I thought I was finally ready to send it in and I just realized that my PCP didn't do the titer for varicella.:mad: I know I had chicken pox as a child, so hopefully the titer will show immunity. I may actually have had that done before. When I was pregnant with my two year old I was really sick and they didn't know what it was, so they did titer for about everything there is. I have antibodies for CMV, Epstein-Barr, Parvovirus B19, etc., etc., etc. :rolleyes: WOOT!!!! Pretty much everything there is, so I bet they did a varicella titer too.

My PCP also lost my immunization records which I know he had because he was the doctor who filled the forms out for my undergraduate schools.:mad: So, I had to track them down at my pedicatricians office. This has really been an adventure. I think it will finally be sent out in the next two weeks.

What in the world did Dr. Inviz do now to get his account put on hold...AGAIN?!?!:smuggrin:

BTW, we just got a foot and a half of snow last night!!!:eek: It was 65 two days ago!:smuggrin:

BTW, we just got a foot and a half of snow last night!!!:eek: It was 65 two days ago!:smuggrin:

I hear ya. We got dumped on, too. I know it was in the 70's in Jersey a couple of days ago, a little cooler here.

My husband is shoveling out (no blower), yet he doesn't want to move to TN because there's not much snow. Go figure. When he comes in to complain, and his bad shoulder and hip act up, I'll gently remind him of this.:p

Did he say pube??:laugh:

I love it when some people take a dictionary and thesaurus to the computer with them when they type up these posts.

Addendum: I just walked out on my porch, in my jammies, and yelled to my husband (then noticing all my neighbors around): "Hey, Honey. You're not gonna complain when we move to Tennessee!!" Looks like he may be borrowing a blower, or getting someone to help him.

So much for his "hip, hip, hooray" for the snow. ;)

D.I on hold again? What did he do:laugh:

This is just a little over the top if you ask me. "How can future doctors be this way?"...relax. We are people, not idealized over the top serious nutjobs. If you find this a serious problem, one that will prevent you from applying to DO schools...you could always check out the pre-md forums. Then again, those really are not that much different. Honestly, if people joking around is going to prevent you from becoming a doctor...reevaluate your priorities. You have to be able to tolerate/accept everyone, even if they might be a little immature/ignorant/racist/whatever sometimes. Relax and best of luck throughout the process.

I hear ya. We got dumped on, too. I know it was in the 70's in Jersey a couple of days ago, a little cooler here.

My husband is shoveling out (no blower), yet he doesn't want to move to TN because there's not much snow. Go figure. When he comes in to complain, and his bad shoulder and hip act up, I'll gently remind him of this.:p

It is soooo depressing!!!!:( I want to move now! I do love the snow, but I am so ready for spring now.

I got my drug screen back. In case anyone cares, Ultram DOES NOT make you test positive for opiates. YAY!!! All that stress for nothing. I don't know if the lab did the right screen though. It doesn't say urine 10. No one seemed to know what that was up here. Oh well, I guess I will send in what I've got once I get that varicella titer done.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.