COVID vaccine general thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pronounce Doxazosin

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that the Pfizer COVID vaccine is officially approved by the FDA, I figured we should have a thread to discuss it

Can’t wait for tons of people calling me about when we will be getting them in

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When are you getting them in? :)

My hospital is planning to receive weekly shipments starting next week, and will begin scheduling employees for their shots starting with those on the front line. I'm guessing it'll be June before I can get my shot.

CVS sent an email about their recruitment drive for the immunizing positions. It'll be an interesting year for the community for sure.

Reactions: 1 users
Well - I will be getting mine within the next 10 days.. that’s all I know so far. No one really asked me if I wanted one - I was just informed that I will be getting one.

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Arriving Monday, immunizing employees Tuesday. ULT freezer and equipment was installed just yesterday. Ready and excited.

Would love to know how it goes for people who are getting soon!

Well - I will be getting mine within the next 10 days.. that’s all I know so far. No one really asked me if I wanted one - I was just informed that I will be getting one.
Update us how it goes for you.

How many Covid shots will CVS require per week? Same as flu shots?

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
so many news about side effects of pfizer vaccine coming out, wonder if that will make the general public more scared of getting it... I already heard somewhere that alot of people don't want to get it right away

so many news about side effects of pfizer vaccine coming out, wonder if that will make the general public more scared of getting it... I already heard somewhere that alot of people don't want to get it right away

We can't even get most people to wear a mask or get a flu shot, so good luck getting them to get this. There's too many flat earthers and anti-vaxers out there.

Reactions: 2 users
Vaccinating health care workers, nursing home care workers and people age > 65 is the greatest bang for the buck.
Who cares about the 40 to 50 year old flat-earthers or anti-vaxxers.

any word on what type of variance is allowed in spacing between 2nd shot. Im assuming a minimum of 21 days, but if longer than 21 days the 2nd shot will still complete the series?

Vaccinating health care workers, nursing home care workers and people age > 65 is the greatest bang for the buck.

We care because they will continue be vectors spreading the disease to everyone and bogging the healthcare system down.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I've seen enough people in that age range die from covid and subsequently watching their spouses crying uncontrollably to know that there's a lot of people who care about them. It would save lives.

I meant that there's no point arguing about it with them.
They aren't going to get the vaccine. It's not worth the time.

And yes, thanks for the precious anecdotals about people under 65 dying of COVID, while it occurs, it is rare.

We need to *immediately* vaccinate any consenting elderly person >65. This is what will save the most lives and will end the pandemic. This wouldn't be a pandemic without the hospitalizations or deaths. If it was just a new wild strain of coronavirus that gave people the sniffles and made people lose their senses of taste and smell for 3 days it would be buried in some medical journal not a worldwide pandemic.

Policymakers and normtards in the U.S. should really give up on the delusions of achieving "herd immunity" and "getting back to normal" in 2021-2022 especially when a big % of the cattle are braindead solipsists. IM vaccines will likely not induce sterilizing immunity in the upper respiratory tract anyway so corona-chan will continue to spread anyway

The Novavax subunit candidate is the only one out of the OWS lineup that I would actually get at this pt and that is actually viable for clown-show retail pharmacy (single dose [not single dose] and stored at refrigerator temperature), assuming it actually gets approved

Last edited:
As a member of the general public I'll wait until there more information about the vaccine before taking it.

I think most people will take it Feb/March.

Reactions: 3 users
I'll get my #3 and #4 dose (once it's in) a month after getting the 2 doses trial vaccine from Vaxart.

So glad, I can dump all my hand sanitizers and pick my boogers again.

• Haha
any word on what type of variance is allowed in spacing between 2nd shot. Im assuming a minimum of 21 days, but if longer than 21 days the 2nd shot will still complete the series?
I believe as of right now, there are no restrictions between the 2 doses. They also do not recommend re-starting the series even if the person goes beyond the 21 days for the second dose

somebody correctly me if I’m wrong. I’m learning as we speak so

Anti-vaxxers and flat Earth crowd < 20%...rest of humanity will need to make the 80% for herd immunity. What I'd really like to see would be anti-vaxxers all just moved to some remote island/isolated from society and they can all just be removed from the gene pool

• Dislike
Yea - there are lots of examples where a, “certain type of people” were removed from the population. Not really sure that any of these examples had very great outcomes

Aren’t you the same person who said people should stop having kids too?

Man - your just a real ball of sunshine
You are taking his statement as a proposed ethnic cleansing when he's going for more of a "make Australia a penal colony again! .....but this time filled with idiots instead of criminals."

Considering the large cohort of people that we literally pay through government programs to stay out of productive society because they are literally a net negative as a member of the work force......I can't say I totally disagree with the sentiment.

• Love
Well good then - maybe the two of you can go to your very own island and call it the, “We have realized that we are better than everyone else island”

Your slogan can be - “we got it all figured out here”
Judging by your general tone and demeanor to other members in recent posts, your suggestion sounds more suitable for yourself.

Everything going okay? I dont remember you being so aggressive towards everyone.

Quick edit to stay on topic: Walgreens just launched basic training modules on COVID and has a basic framework on how to complete 27,000 COVID clinics in a short period of time while acknowledging that we are currently horrendously low on tech/pharmacist bodies. In other words, hold on for a bumpy ride.

No word on if we get the vaccine ourselves but I do know clinic workers need regular COVID testing so I'm leaning towards "not anytime soon"

Yea - there are lots of examples where a, “certain type of people” were removed from the population. Not really sure that any of these examples had very great outcomes

Aren’t you the same person who said people should stop having kids too?

Man - your just a real ball of sunshine
I think you are over exaggerating my posts....I believe I said having kids can be expensive and probably not the best idea financially when starting out as a new graduate with @$$ loads of student loan debt. To each his/her own though...somethings are worth spending time and money on and somethings are not

Re: sunshine...sarcasm...yeah I still wear a visor and avoid the sun like the plague as should other pasty-fair individuals and those vampires of course

Last edited:
I believe as of right now, there are no restrictions between the 2 doses. They also do not recommend re-starting the series even if the person goes beyond the 21 days for the second dose

somebody correctly me if I’m wrong. I’m learning as we speak so

I believe the slide deck from Pfizer said “no less than” 21 days (or at least 21 days), so I took that to mean D22, D23, D24, etc... are okay.

And I am one of those people. I am not getting vaxed until I know more about its safety and efficacy.

BTW, I've heard all the "You probably got your science degree from Dr. Oz University, didn'tja?" things.

What concerns do people actually have with long-term safety of the various vaccine candidates or is it just inchoate references to "unknown" unknowns? Potential clinical ADE or VAERD are not inherent to the vaccines themselves.

What concerns do people actually have with long-term safety of the various vaccine candidates or is it just inchoate references to "unknown" unknowns? Potential clinical ADE or VAERD are not inherent to the vaccines themselves.
Known fact....far too many people fear technology rather than embrace it...they forget technology/tools are what separates humans from animals to make life easier and adapt to the environment

It's about the unknown - the possible rare long-term AEs that may appear later on. If I am making a decision about risk-benefit I want to know as much as possible about my risks and my benefits. My risk of serious disease with COVID is very, very low and my risk of contracting COVID is very low as well, so if I were to take the vaccine, it better have minimal AEs.

A good example is back ten years ago, there were several vaccines rushed for swine flu. Most were good, but one - not used in the US but in the UK and some European markets - caused rare instances of narcolepsy with cataplexy. None of the other vaccines did. Things like that...

The AS03 adjuvant used for some H1N1 vaccines was also used in Canada, where there were no obs cases of narcolepsy. Cases of narcolepsy theorized due to autoimmunity also followed the pandemic in China and were associated with wild infection

Possible autoimmunity can occur with infection from the actual virus

Anti-vaxxers and flat Earth crowd < 20%...rest of humanity will need to make the 80% for herd immunity. What I'd really like to see would be anti-vaxxers all just moved to some remote island/isolated from society and they can all just be removed from the gene pool

Less than 50% get the flu shot.

Even less will get the Covid shot.

Known fact....far too many people fear technology rather than embrace it...they forget technology/tools are what separates humans from animals to make life easier and adapt to the environment
I think the way that Big Actors have misused technology has caused distrust.

Does anyone see if there is a package insert online anywhere? I wanna get it and probably will next month, I just wanna read the data.

I'm still gonna wear a mask though. I haven't caught any respiratory infection since starting to wear a N95 everywhere I go. That and I like being able to walk around incognito (I also wear a shemagh/bandana) so the only thing you can actually see is my eyes.

• Haha
It's about the unknown - the possible rare long-term AEs that may appear later on. If I am making a decision about risk-benefit I want to know as much as possible about my risks and my benefits. My risk of serious disease with COVID is very, very low and my risk of contracting COVID is very low as well, so if I were to take the vaccine, it better have minimal AEs.

A good example is back ten years ago, there were several vaccines rushed for swine flu. Most were good, but one - not used in the US but in the UK and some European markets - caused rare instances of narcolepsy with cataplexy. None of the other vaccines did. Things like that...
It is also about the Bell's palsy... Swept under the rug by the FDA.... there is, to paraphrase, not enough data to conclude causality. But loss of smell and taste in covid19 may be a good indication that there is a neuronal element to what is going on, and a vaccine that has neuronal SE is one we may wish to avoid...lets see in a few months

Does anyone see if there is a package insert online anywhere? I wanna get it and probably will next month, I just wanna read the data.

I'm still gonna wear a mask though. I haven't caught any respiratory infection since starting to wear a N95 everywhere I go. That and I like being able to walk around incognito (I also wear a shemagh/bandana) so the only thing you can actually see is my eyes.

It is also about the Bell's palsy... Swept under the rug by the FDA.... there is, to paraphrase, not enough data to conclude causality. But loss of smell and taste in covid19 may be a good indication that there is a neuronal element to what is going on, and a vaccine that has neuronal SE is one we may wish to avoid...lets see in a few months
This reminds me of the GBS flu vaccine concern. Turns out getting the flu is much more likely to give you GBS than the vaccine.

Given how this virus works, I would be surprised if we don't see the same in this case.

Most people have been infected with herpes zoster and an estimated 2 out of 3 people in the world are have been infected with HSV-1 yet Bell's palsy doesn't commonly manifest like shingles or cold sores does.

Got to love how people fear monger over vaccines and worry over trivial, often <1% or less adverse drug reactions with trivial, often anecdotal and post marketing data. Please consider weighing the benefits vs. risks when deciding to get a vaccine, numbers/statistics and context >>> emotions and irrational fears/concerns

I wonder if we will need Brinks security trucks to deliver these things. I hear rumblings that some people want it NOW and don't care for distribution protocols. What are the chances that some idiot will attempt to hijack a shipment because he won't wait few months or wants to make some money.

• Haha
I wonder if we will need Brinks security trucks to deliver these things. I hear rumblings that some people want it NOW and don't care for distribution protocols. What are the chances that some idiot will attempt to hijack a shipment because he won't wait few months or wants to make some money.
Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of needing to have a police officer/security guard for keeping order in retail/community to keep some God Damn order....joking telling my techs that we will need to store supply a cattle prod and get a gavel ("order, order in my pharmacy God Damn it!")

Considering how cold the Pfizer vaccine storage requirements are, is there any risk for tissue damage at the injection site?

Considering how cold the Pfizer vaccine storage requirements are, is there any risk for tissue damage at the injection site?
It is similar to Zostavax/Varivax, except the storage temperature requirements. Both are kept at freezing temperatures. Both are reconstituted using the provided diluent. I think pfizer's you have to let it thaw for 30 minutes? Or 1 hour? I forgot.

Got to love how people fear monger over vaccines and worry over trivial, often <1% or less adverse drug reactions with trivial, often anecdotal and post marketing data. Please consider weighing the benefits vs. risks when deciding to get a vaccine, numbers/statistics and context >>> emotions and irrational fears/concerns
Same could be applied to covid19 fear mongering, no? I will treat this vaccine just like any other vaccine. If people do not wish to get flu, pneumonia, shingles vaccine, it should be their choice not to get them. No one should be forced to get anything injected into them if they don't want.

• Love

Also, some antivax conspiracy theorist might try to sabotage the distribution.

I guess I will find out on Monday. CVS is now rushing to get all the 'training' checked off and get those Covid tests done to get LTC access. Conference call tomorrow!