Coadminister Covid Vaccine with other vaccines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VA77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The CDC says it is ok to coadminister but also states

"Although data are not available for COVID-19 vaccines administered simultaneously with other vaccines, extensive experience with non-COVID-19 vaccines has demonstrated that immunogenicity and adverse event profiles are generally similar when vaccines are administered simultaneously as when they are administered alone.'

Just wondering how others feel because corporate is trying to us to Inject every vaccine we can find $$$. I like to play it safe unless someone is under time constraints like leaving the country or required by school or employer.

Members don't see this ad.

Corporate doesn't care.. all they want is $$$. I'm still disgusted when they told us in conference call that "we have to do the right thing to protect our patients!" and sending a nasty email when we don't meet our weekly goal lol.. I'm glad I don't have to deal with all these BS anymore :)

Reactions: 1 user
I just defer to the pt. 99.5% of the time just doing COVID-19 alone.

Literally though... are you gonna get written up for not doing enough expanded? Go ahead and see what happens

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
With flu season coming up, I can see giving flu and COVID vaccines at the same time. With other vaccines, if people are coming in for a COVID vaccine, they probably 1) won't appreciate a hard sell on other vaccines 2) probably are up-to-date on their vaccines anyway. I can't imagine too many people who haven't gotten vaccines for false beliefs or whatever, are suddenly deciding to come in and get the COVID vaccine.

Aside from those several weeks where we were shilling COVID-19 vaccine to avoid "waste," it's been good not having to upsell vaccine. So far, only 2 people out of 1600+ wanted to do Shingrix at the same time (they specifically asked to do Shingrix)