Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GRADUATED TODAY!!!!! Excited to start my full time job on Monday. I'll be a student technician working for biomedical engineering. They do medical implant surgeries in sheep, pigs, rabbits, and rats!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
you know, funnily enough, I have one of those two things locked in my basement. Care to come over and find out which?
no this sounds like a tactic of seduction

stay back, satan, I am too pure for the world of sin

Reactions: 1 users
no this sounds like a tactic of seduction

stay back, satan, I am too pure for the world of sin
giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Hi class of 2021! I have been lurking for quite some time and decided to take the plunge and post :) Congrats everyone for getting in!

Now on to the hard part ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi class of 2021! I have been lurking for quite some time and decided to take the plunge and post :) Congrats everyone for getting in!

Now on to the hard part ;)
Wooo! Congrats pawtastic! Care to share where you're going? (You don't have to if you don't want to, so don't feel like I'm pressuring you lol)

Reactions: 1 user
Wooo! Congrats pawtastic! Care to share where you're going? (You don't have to if you don't want to, so don't feel like I'm pressuring you lol)

I am going to UF! Going to be the first time away from home and living alone. Should be interesting.

How fun! Congrats! I got lucky and I got accepted to the same school as my undergrad so I didn't have to move/ get to keep my old apartment :laugh: living alone is the BEST!

That is awesome! Yeah, I'm a big introvert so the idea of going home to my own place after being around people all day sounds like a dream. I'm taking my fur child with me so that will make it much easier.

That is awesome! Yeah, I'm a big introvert so the idea of going home to my own place after being around people all day sounds like a dream. I'm taking my fur child with me so that will make it much easier.
Oh that'll definitely help! I'm an introvert too so going home to be alone is the greatest. (Although I don't have a fur baby at school, I do have a thriving aquarium)

What kind of pet do you have?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh that'll definitely help! I'm an introvert too so going home to be alone is the greatest. (Although I don't have a fur baby at school, I do have a thriving aquarium)

A doggie! Thankfully she doesn't have any behavioral issues and I think she will be okay as long as she gets her walk a day and lots of treats and snuggles. She really is my best friend. I was going over my budget with a family member who isn't as fond as animals and he asked why I can't just leave her home to save money. I told him I wouldn't go to vet school without her, thats how much she means to me.

Wow an aquarium! What kind of fish? I have zero knowledge when it comes to aquatic stuff, except what my lord and savior David Attenborough has said in his netflix documentaries :p

A doggie! Thankfully she doesn't have any behavioral issues and I think she will be okay as long as she gets her walk a day and lots of treats and snuggles. She really is my best friend. I was going over my budget with a family member who isn't as fond as animals and he asked why I can't just leave her home to save money. I told him I wouldn't go to vet school without her, thats how much she means to me.

Wow an aquarium! What kind of fish? I have zero knowledge when it comes to aquatic stuff, except what my lord and savior David Attenborough has said in his netflix documentaries :p
Awww! That's so sweet! My puppy has to stay at home. :( it makes me sad.

I had a betta fish... he recently died though, so I currently have two snails in my tank and a lot of plants!

You said you're an introvert. I'm saying that almost 6,000 posts since last year would suggest otherwise ;)
There's different types of introverts haha. I'm social online but there's a minimal chance that I'm actually talking in person.

You said you're an introvert. I'm saying that almost 6,000 posts since last year would suggest otherwise ;)
Jokes on you pippy, I am an extreme introvert and have about a thousand less posts than cdo. I'll talk your ear off online, but in person, I might say two words to you

I second this. I would not survive without my alone time at home. I honestly don't know how I survived the first 18 years of my life with a family of 8.

I second this. I would not survive without my alone time at home. I honestly don't know how I survived the first 18 years of my life with a family of 8.
This, except I was the youngest of 7 so my family was of 9. Interestingly I have never lived completely alone. I have always had roommates. I have done a week or two when husband goes away though. But then the pizza boxes stack up pretty high :laugh: I think I might be incapable of living alone.

Oh I forgot to mention this! Yesterday I had a wonderful conversation with my mom.

Mom: "so when are you gonna start preparing for vet school?"
Cdo: "Preparing?"
Mom: "Yeah like reading ahead. Memorizing ahead. Pre-making flashcards and such."
Cdo: "yeah no... there's no point and also I don't want to."
Mom: "but... don't you want to be prepared?"
Cdo: "I've already talked with my friends who are in vet school (my general term for anyone I know from SDN) and they all said that studying ahead of time isn't helpful at all"
Mom: "but.."
Cdo: "...no..."

So thanks SDN for encouraging me not to study this summer haha.

Reactions: 12 users
Oh I forgot to mention this! Yesterday I had a wonderful conversation with my mom.

Mom: "Yeah like reading ahead. Memorizing ahead. Pre-making flashcards and such."
Cdo: "I've already talked with my friends who are in vet school (my general term for anyone I know from SDN) and they all said that studying ahead of time isn't helpful at all"

Hahahahahahahahahaha that's my mom except she gets offended when I say no. Clearly she knows more about EVERYTHING.

"But..." "...no..."
I like it

Hahahahahahahahahaha that's my mom except she gets offended when I say no. Clearly she knows more about EVERYTHING.
I think my mom's started picking up on the fact that she can't keep asking me these questions. I move into sarcastic answers.

Oh, parents... when my mom asked how my grades were for this semester and I told her "Good enough to pass", she kept probing and probing at me to give her the exact letter marks. Umm. No. :uhno: My dad's girlfriend also started to lecture me after it came out that out of the eight classes I took this semester, I earned an A in only one of them.

They don't understand it and they never will (unless they themselves have gone through vet school). Just smile and nod.
ugh. People are the worst. Hey you got an A in a class! In vet school! Wooooo! I had a rougher semester and my mom was like "what were your grades like this semester?" And I made like the weirdest grimace and screamed. She hasn't asked again.

I had a rougher semester and my mom was like "what were your grades like this semester?" And I made like the weirdest grimace and screamed. She hasn't asked again.
Hahahaha. I'm #dead :laugh:

I'm really annoyingly persistent when it comes to getting things done (habit of impatience moreso than actually being on top of things, really lol), so there have been days where I've literally called the admissions director 7 times (each time with no answer) to check in on the status of my app. I pretty much thought that he probs gets so many calls a day, and he would have an office phone, that it wouldn't matter because he wouldn't know who called and I have no caller ID.

Well, I called once today, didn't leave a message, and he sent me an email right after asking if he could help me with anything through email since he'll be busy with the phones all day.

I am so embarrassed LOL he probably knew it was me that called him like 7 times a day when I was looking for him agh

Jokes on you pippy, I am an extreme introvert and have about a thousand less posts than cdo. I'll talk your ear off online, but in person, I might say two words to you
I'm an introvert for sure and I'll talk your ear off online or in person. Just need my alone time afterward. :p

This, except I was the youngest of 7 so my family was of 9. Interestingly I have never lived completely alone. I have always had roommates. I have done a week or two when husband goes away though. But then the pizza boxes stack up pretty high :laugh: I think I might be incapable of living alone.
Hahaha! I actually function better alone than with another person. Because when I'm with another person I assume they could do the thing (AKA clean) and don't do it myself or do it and be mad they didn't. :laugh: But I'm single lady. Marriage might change me.

I'm an introvert for sure and I'll talk your ear off online or in person. Just need my alone time afterward. :p

Same. Sometimes when I'm in an extra saucy extroverted state I'll even make plans with people.... and then when they eventually fall through my true self is like :clap:

I need my alone time afterwards too and I'll only talk to you after I have determined you're an okay person. Which sometimes can take a year oops

Oh Pippy. I have a feeling post count is inversely proportionate to level of introvertedness. Exhibit A: Me

Hahaha! I actually function better alone than with another person. Because when I'm with another person I assume they could do the thing (AKA clean) and don't do it myself or do it and be mad they didn't. :laugh: But I'm single lady. Marriage might change me.

I'm basically the same way. My husband cleans and cooks. He states he tricked me into becoming dependant on him so I'm stuck with him.

Last edited:
I feel dumb but I just found out that Tuskegee has a vet school?? Whaaaaaaaat?