Class of 2027... how you doin'?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@supershorty do you happen to know šŸ˜‚
yeah @MMLJT3 there is student insurance and it's not awful, but the MNSure insurance is also a good option if you're eligible. The student insurance is not the cheapest and we're required to have proof of insurance to register for classes.

I do not know how it will work for the 2+2 program, but I assume that SDSU has its own thing for those years.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone had to shop around for health insurance on the market place before? I wasnā€™t prepared for SDSU to not offer student health insurance. I also feel like the estimated cost of living is a little low, so a little nervous about health insurance now. Also, does anyone know if UMN offers student health insurance? I will be in the 2+2 program, so Iā€™ll be at UMN for the last two years.
Yes. UMN requires students have health insurance and auto-enroll students in their plan. I'm not sure how the 2+2 works but this is the UMN health insurance site.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah @MMLJT3 there is student insurance and it's not awful, but the MNSure insurance is also a good option if you're eligible. The student insurance is not the cheapest and we're required to have proof of insurance to register for classes.

I do not know how it will work for the 2+2 program, but I assume that SDSU has its own thing for those years.
Awesome! Yes, SDSU got back with me- no insurance plan is offered to any SDSU students.So, the marketplace it is! I will look into that for MN! Thanks!

You could also check into Medicare. Since you wonā€™t have an income, youā€™d likely qualify. I know of a handful of friends who were on Medicare in vet school.
I donā€™t know if I would qualify with my income at my current job, I think that is a factor for marketplace too. I just purchased a farm, so I will most likely have some income from that. I also have a trade ( Cosmetologist- 10 years šŸ˜¬). The place we bought somehow has a salon in it too- I definitely want to take it easy for the first year or so. I feel like I have been working & going to school non-stop since I came out of the womb.Lol
Definitely feeling weird about not having a solid full-time job though.

I received my class schedule a few days ago and literally noticed myself took a big gulp and felt a wave of imposter syndrome come over me. o_O

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I received my class schedule a few days ago and literally noticed myself took a big gulp and felt a wave of imposter syndrome come over me. o_O
I reviewed mine and realized I do not have an afternoon off until November :eek: I knew vet school was wild but not THIS wild!

I reviewed mine and realized I do not have an afternoon off until November :eek: I knew vet school was wild but not THIS wild!
oof. This is going to be fun for the next four years right?!

Us in the next four years:
Freaking Out GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
What I would give to have another spring break, Christmas break, or summer break now that Iā€™m a real working adult thoughā€¦

And yeah I do get PTO as an adult which is technically more flexible than school breaks, but itā€™s just not the same as extended time off during school. Haha. Especially Christmas and summer when you donā€™t have responsibilities loomingā€¦I hate that post-PTO barrage of emails and callbacks to do afterward.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
What I would give to have another spring break, Christmas break, or summer break now that Iā€™m a real working adult thoughā€¦
I realized a few days ago that the reason I love summer is because I loved summer break as a student. Now with work and a family to manage, I don't get to go just walk around for 3 hours in a tank top, shorts, and ball cap to play Pokemon. I have zero regrets about my life; but I definitely miss the freedom of student schedules.

Reactions: 1 users
I have been having my first and last full summer break since starting undergrad. Took classes every summer along with working. All future vet school summers have been sacrificed to the research gods as part of my program šŸ«”

Can't believe school starts in just a couple weeks šŸ„¹

I have been having my first and last full summer break since starting undergrad. Took classes every summer along with working. All future vet school summers have been sacrificed to the research gods as part of my program šŸ«”

Can't believe school starts in just a couple weeks šŸ„¹
This is the first summer where I was able to take a break since my master's. I may or may not have been catching up on sleep, shows, and finally getting around to completing my museum in animal crossing. I do still want to do things but these record-breaking temperatures and finances are saying no. šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the first summer where I was able to take a break since my master's. I may or may not have been catching up on sleep, shows, and finally getting around to completing my museum in animal crossing. I do still want to do things but these record-breaking temperatures and finances are saying no. šŸ˜­
Youā€™re relaxing before vet school, which is what matters!!

Anyone also having feelings of disbelief and awkwardness that they are about to be a graduate student??? I still feel like that 16 year old kid admiring the prospect of vet school 7 years down the road.

• Love
When your financial aid offer is finally released, you crunch numbers, and suddenly realize you will have PENNIES for living expensesšŸ’€

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Itā€™s the second day of school and I feel like Iā€™m already behind šŸ„². The fire hose is truly real and I hate it

• Care
Itā€™s the second day of school and I feel like Iā€™m already behind šŸ„². The fire hose is truly real and I hate it
Ahhh! We start on Monday and I am so anxious šŸ„². One day at a time tho!

You will adjust! And donā€™t worry, everyone in your class is feeling the same way right now.

I had to learn to get comfortable with feeling behind, but once you find the study strategies that work best for you, it feels much less scary. Hang in there!

I have orientation Friday/Monday and classes officially start Tuesday. I just wanna ~vomit~

I really thought Iā€™d be more jumping for joy, but tbh Iā€™m alone and sad and I feel so ill prepared as far as making sure I have all my school essentials.

Anyone else having constant headaches from the stress and anxiety???

• Care
Struggling hardcore with watching Michigan State CVM students fight on reddit right now. Apparently there was a cheating scandal as well, and a lot of information I wasnā€™t aware of. It makes it difficult to want to go to my IS.
A cheating scandal??? what happened

I have orientation Friday/Monday and classes officially start Tuesday. I just wanna ~vomit~

I really thought Iā€™d be more jumping for joy, but tbh Iā€™m alone and sad and I feel so ill prepared as far as making sure I have all my school essentials.

Anyone else having constant headaches from the stress and anxiety???
Do you want a zoom pep talk this weekend?

• Care
Hey yā€™all!! I started classes this week so I get how you all are feeling!! Just remember you are not alone because everyone is working towards that DVM!!! We were all chosen for a reason and have been given an opportunity that many people will never have. Iā€˜ve only had two days of classes and I already feel behind but we all got this!!!

Iā€™m being pulled in all directions and not to mention I too am feeling behind on material. šŸ„² Yeehaw šŸ¤ 

shortyā€™s pep talk services are available for all SDNers, Iā€™ve been in vet school for a long time lolol

@flotus lmk what day/time works best for you. Iā€™m getting pretty booked up on Saturday at this point, but today/tomorrow/Sun all look pretty open

Also, since I've been contacted by multiple people, I would prefer it if we do this as a group meeting vs one-on-ones for my own scheduling ease, so I'm gonna arbitrarily say we're doing it Sunday sometime in the afternoon and now y'all speak into the universe what time in the afternoon works best for you.

• Haha
Day 1, in the books. The journey has officially begun! šŸ˜ŠšŸ’›šŸ–¤

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Week two and I have already screamed, ā€œWTF vet school!ā€ šŸ™ƒ

• Care
I hope you all have a fantastic first day tomorrow!! One day closer to being a doctor! :biglove:
I totally forgot about our unplanned-planned call o.o
Life was crazy and I am sorry

First exam tomorrow šŸ«  big scary

• Care
Day one of orientation complete. I'm trying to put myself out there which is a foreign concept to me, but I think it's going okay?
And I know I'll regret this and think myself a fool in a couple weeks/months/years, but I am so, so excited.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Day one of orientation complete. I'm trying to put myself out there which is a foreign concept to me, but I think it's going okay?
And I know I'll regret this and think myself a fool in a couple weeks/months/years, but I am so, so excited.

ORIENTATION???? Iā€™m so deep in my classes already like what????

(I also had to do the same thing: I had to pretend to be an extrovert so I could be ~social~)

ORIENTATION???? Iā€™m so deep in my classes already like what????

(I also had to do the same thing: I had to pretend to be an extrovert so I could be ~social~)
We start late up here because the state fair is going on and using all of the university parking, which makes it really fun for those of us on rotations :rage:

• Sad
I recently finished my first block of midterm and I am dead.

Only 5 weeks left of this semester for me! Time has flown by

Honestly having the time of my life!

• Love
I think I signed up for too many leadership roles. I like to be busy because it gives me less time to procrastinate especially on studying but now Iā€™m worried Iā€™m over extending myself

I'll regret that when spring actually starts but I am eager to get back into it