Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is my friend and I's #1 excuse for procrastination. :D

I hate cleaning, but procrasticleaning is a beautiful thing I am quite talented at. I haven't learned the art of procrasticooking though (I'm a terrible cook on the regular).

I wish I procrasticleaned. Alas, I'm more likely to pull out homework to avoid cleaning than the other way around.

I just procrastinternet these days. I think I used up all my productive procrastination last semester when I procrastiwrote a book in a month.

You wrote a book? I write books, too! Well, mostly the same one over and over until it no longer sucks, but I think I'm almost done with it.

Reactions: 2 users
I just open my browser and hit refresh on SDN to see if there are any new threads when I am procrastinating...

This is what I'm doing right now instead of studying for my physics final...

You wrote a book? I write books, too! Well, mostly the same one over and over until it no longer sucks, but I think I'm almost done with it.
I seem to be more successful with short stories than books. But yeah, wrote a very rough draft that I haven't looked at since November.

I'm super excited to spend tomorrow hiking some of my favorite places one last time before parting ways with my undergrad. I can't believe that after one last exam on Thursday and graduation next week, I'm actually done. It's surprisingly (or maybe not so surprisingly) bittersweet.

I seem to be more successful with short stories than books. But yeah, wrote a very rough draft that I haven't looked at since November.

That's cool! I wish I were better at short stories. They seem like a great way to get your name out there in the writing world. I was a creative writing minor in undergrad, and I always tried to use novel excerpts for my fiction classes whenever I could because I really struggle with short stories.

And my book started as a very rough NaNo novel, too. Of course, at the time, I was all full of myself and thought it was perfect just the way it was. Then I stepped away from it for a while, started actually studying writing, and came back horrified at my naivete.

That's cool! I wish I were better at short stories. They seem like a great way to get your name out there in the writing world. I was a creative writing minor in undergrad, and I always tried to use novel excerpts for my fiction classes whenever I could because I really struggle with short stories.

And my book started as a very rough NaNo novel, too. Of course, at the time, I was all full of myself and thought it was perfect just the way it was. Then I stepped away from it for a while, started actually studying writing, and came back horrified at my naivete.

I love how many writers there are on this forum. :love:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing sucks like being on campus for 18 hours, going back to your apartment and realizing you have to be back there in 7 hours.

(Getting my body ready for the crazy vet school schedule apparently. But there's no way i could do this for 4 more years) I've had all nighters and long days, but not like this. I'm trudging up the stairs to bed emotionally, physically, and mentally exhausted. Bed.

Summer is coming soon. I think. 10 days? something like that? Yay

As I pack up my apartment, some observations: The idea that I ever thought I would pull out old physics notes again is laughable. My kitty spent a lot of time sleeping on the same sweatshirt (cat hair doesn't lie). I found a textbook still completely sealed in its Amazon box; clearly needed to spend that money. Three giant white boards might be a tad excessive. I love to buy cleaning products (but I definitely don't love to clean;)). I also loved to buy binders, many of which I never used (theme?). I apparently hoard Revolution.

Reactions: 8 users
As I pack up my apartment, some observations: The idea that I ever thought I would pull out old physics notes again is laughable. My kitty spent a lot of time sleeping on the same sweatshirt (cat hair doesn't lie). I found a textbook still completely sealed in its Amazon box; clearly needed to spend that money. Three giant white boards might be a tad excessive. I love to buy cleaning products (but I definitely don't love to clean;)). I also loved to buy binders, many of which I never used (theme?). I apparently hoard Revolution.

I too hoard notes that I will never look at again :laugh:

I too hoard notes that I will never look at again :laugh:
I have sooooo many old school papers, going back to elementary school, just gathering dust in my parents' attic. :p At least almost all my vet school stuff is on my computer!

I have sooooo many old school papers, going back to elementary school, just gathering dust in my parents' attic. :p At least almost all my vet school stuff is on my computer!

I just threw away an entire 4 year degrees worth of notes...too much paper...I'm ready to go to the tablet

I just threw away an entire 4 year degrees worth of notes...too much paper...I'm ready to go to the tablet

This is about to be me. The recycling bin at my apartment complex is going to be completely full

Reactions: 1 users
Yes but... what if I need my organic chemistry notes in vet school??? Or my old biochem tests?
then youre vet schooling wrong :p

I just have issues with not having anything to show for my work other than a single letter on my transcript. So I keep my exams so I can look back at them and be impressed with my previous knowledge...that I probably have completely lost already anyway.

I disposed of most of my notes. It was hard but I did it. Couldn't bring myself to give up the histology ones though. I'm gonna hoard those for a few more years in a box with a small stack of papers I wrote throughout undergrad and my terrible childhood fiction. Nbd. What's life without a little bit of hoarding? :p

We had a professor mention ochem in class and he apologized to us and said it wasn't important lol

My first ochem professor started the class off by saying he failed ochem in college like 3 times. And then constantly bragged about his research. Then in spring semester, he's gone for not meeting research requirements

My first ochem professor started the class off by saying he failed ochem in college like 3 times. And then constantly bragged about his research. Then in spring semester, he's gone for not meeting research requirements
My professor was just like "I'm sorry for bringing up ochem. Most of you got C's in it. I would know, I'm on the admissions committee." lol

Reactions: 9 users

My professor was just like "I'm sorry for bringing up ochem. Most of you got C's in it. I would know, I'm on the admissions committee." lol

My ochem professor first day of class: "You'll be glad to know that organic chemistry saves lives...it keeps people from being doctors."

Reactions: 10 users
I started burning some of my old notes for a firestarter. Turns out I accidentally burned notes that I needed for my final tonight... oops.

Reactions: 9 users
I burnt most of my undergrad notes at a bonfire. Far more satisfying than hoarding them.
See, I don't think you understand just how much satisfaction I get from hoarding. Burning things isn't satisfying, but hoarding? Oh man. Hoarding is the best!

See, I don't think you understand just how much satisfaction I get from hoarding. Burning things isn't satisfying, but hoarding? Oh man. Hoarding is the best!

Throwing away every note I ever took in undergrad was basically the most freeing thing ever. Plus I think I'm gonna need room;)